New York's Software Development Company

Webtye is a full stack software development company specializing in custom software solution and advanced web and mobile development sased in the heart of New York. Webtye has acquired Fortune 500 companies as clients providing them with a excellent customer experience in the city.

Over the last decade, we have invested our talent and time working with the best thinkers in the business to create products and technologies that are shaping today's world. We formed deep partnerships with an amazing collection of individuals and brands to collaboratively weave design and technology and create the best user experiences in the world.

Our price point advantage is usually why we have acquired a lot of our clients. Our hourly rate is between $28 - $60. Mainly, only the high end technologies are geared towards the higher rate. Feel free to reach us anytime at 646-668-5677 to discuss how you can take advantage of our services.

New York, NY

Kickback,

Advisor,

SDN Stack

Website, iOS & Android App for Meal Service

"If you're ... a company that needs flexibility and a partner in development, these guys are fantastic.."

July 2015 - Ongoing

Webtye developed iOS, Android and web apps for both vendors and customers on a meal delivery service platform.

New York Metro Area
President, Meal Delivery Service

The amount of dedication to the initial build out was impressive. Their small size may have an impact on the availability of specific resources, but it offers a personal touch and agility larger firms haven't delivered.

We are a food delivery platform with a social mission. Our goal is to fight and end childhood hunger through take-out. Whenever someone orders a meal from one of our partner restaurants, we also share a meal with a child facing hunger at no additional cost to the customers. I’m the founder and president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Webtye?

We needed app development and website work. Very early on, we didn’t have a product. We needed an app that had to connect to users, to restaurants, and to charities.

How did you come to work with Webtye?

We were a lean, very small startup. We needed a development shop that was more of a partner than a large organization. We were referred to them by a company on the West Coast who had worked with them, among other leads.

We had an initial mock up of an early stage iOS app and they helped us bring it to reality. After that, they helped us with an Android app and a web platform. Now they help with all aspects of the iOS app, the Android app, and the web platform.

The back end development was pretty complex, with a lot of API calls. The iOS app, the Android app and the web platform are for the front end system that's connected to a ton of APIs that were built from the back end. The back end is Python Django. The front end of the web platform is AngularJS. The iOS app is in Swift.

We started working with them in July of 2015. We’ve invested approximately $60,000 - $65,000 with them. The apps were about $20,000 each and then we had some other work done.

We started working with them in around July 2015. We've since grown and hired more internal tech people, but we still have them doing projects for us.

We have over 2,000 restaurants that have signed up to the platform and we have donated over 120,000 meals. That's all been the result of the product being developed. Without this product, there would be no impact to speak of.

How did Webtye perform from a project management standpoint?

I was impressed because they made us feel like they were a partner and never simply a vendor. They were involved in a lot of calls including regular scrum calls. They made sure we were updated and gave us input. We started out using a free project management software. We had an IT partner who worked with them on a day-to-day basis.

What we wanted - and what we got - was a company that had the capabilities of a large firm, but also the nimbleness and personal touch of a small firm. They were strategic partners and gave input along the way on what we should do in terms of improving our plans and the development. They were very flexible in helping us build a product together. Their ability to take a vision and create a good design is impressive. They are able to very aesthetically lay out something that you need done.

I remember that there was a situation where I needed a specific resource and they didn't have access to it. They just need to continue to get bigger and have more resources readily available. Other than that, however, their communication and their deliverables' timing were great. We were very happy with them and have very few complaints.

Advice for potential customers?

If you're an early stage company or startup, or a company that needs flexibility and a partner in development, these guys are fantastic. If you know exactly what you need, these guys can do it as well. However, they are very good at being able to give you specific advice. They work with you closely to create a product and they make you feel like you've developed a partnership with them.

You have to pay a little more for Webtye than you would overseas, but that's part of getting someone local who can help you manage the projects.

Web Development for Data Driven Strategists

“The engineers at Webtye are innovative and helpful.”

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Webtye maintains a website they coded and designed the front and backend for, manages a sandbox app focused using SQL and R platform analytics, and develops in-house analytics software.

Operations Director, Strategy Consulting Firm

Webtye’s work has helped double website KPIs over the past year due to their excellent project management and communication. Being an offshore team has never inhibited their availability during projects.

I’m director of operations of a boutique consulting firm specializing in Jobs-to-be-Done theory and our patented Outcome-Driven Innovation® process. Our primary clients make up a third of Fortune 1000 companies. We develop their innovation initiatives based on the Outcome-Driven Innovation method. We strive to eliminate the guesswork from innovation by seeking solutions using a data-based approach.

What challenge were you trying to address with Webtye?

I needed everything on the front and backend of my website developed, excluding design. I hired Webtype for this initially, and now they also help develop proprietary software with full optimization for our in-house analytics.

Webtye is responsible for our site administration and maintenance, including WordPress. After the website was templated to the point where additional people could execute some design work, we assigned this to Webtye as well, and one of our team members oversees their progress. They also help develop customized web pages that tie into our marketing automation system, along with sites like Amazon.

Our website goes in depth in terms of information about our company, and there are many content resources to keep track of. Webtye does a good job at this.

Webtye also manages the sandbox app for the SQL and R platform analytics tool we’re building for internal use. I’ve got one developer stateside who manages the rest of the off-shore team. Webtype then helps to integrate successful projects into the rest of code.

We have team members from Webtye working on both site administration and maintenance as well as some designers. They are efficient and enthusiastic.

How did you come to work with Webtye?

They were recommended by an employee. We had a couple of good introductory calls and I saw how well they worked together. Much of their work is offshore, but their project management takes place in both San Francisco and New York, which is helpful for me.

How much have you invested with Webtye?

Between $50,000-$100,000. I’ve worked with several different development teams, both offshore and onshore, and Webtye’s value is great.

We started working together in April 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

Our website is highly specialized, so it’s hard to provide metrics. All of our Google Analytics metrics have doubled over the past year, and the site was always up and ready to be measured.

How did Webtye perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything has been great, and they perform extremely well. We’ve used Basecamp for project management.

What did you find most impressive about Webtye?

The engineers at Webtye are innovative and helpful. They have presented options and solutions for project issues that we may not have thought of. I trust their judgment when it comes to development.

Are there any areas Webtye could improve?

I’m happy with things currently, but if I miss my August 12th deadline, I may feel differently. Continuous communication regarding project management is encouraged. This is not specific to Webtye, but sometimes delivery is an issue with offshore teams because of time differences.

Overall Score I really enjoy working with them both as a team and as individual people. If somebody is a pain in the neck to work with, I just won’t do it.
    There have been times when we needed something done immediately and they got it done, regardless of the time difference.
    I realize we get a cost break by working with offshore teams, but they manage the process very well. Their service is great considering what I’m paying for it.
    I would recommend them to others.

Mobile Responsive Redesign for WordPress Site

"Webtye, with their expansive resourcing, are able to bring people on in a matter of days."

Webtye served as an extension of the client's WordPress hosting vendor. Their work together grew to encapsulate many site enhancements so that the client could focus their internal team on their core product instead of ancillary services.

New York Metro Area
Fmr. Product Owner, Career Management App

This is the client's favorite partner of the dozen or more off-shore organizations they've worked with in the past decade. They were extremely responsive and proactive in communication and deliverables met expectations.

When I was involved, we had an HR tech application in mobile, Android, and iPhone. We also had a website. I was the head of product.

What challenge were you trying to address with Webtye?

We had a WordPress website that we were struggling with maintaining. It was a lot of work there. Our core expertise was for our mobile product, so we needed some help with the website. That’s what we engaged Webtye to help us out with.

It was WordPress and PHP. It was hosted by an organization called WordPress Engine. They did PHP. They did HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. They made sure our website was also mobile responsive. They tested out a bunch of plug-ins, fixed a bunch of bugs, and added additional pages for us. They did quite a bit of work. The main issues that we were having on our WordPress site were around mobile responsiveness, so Webtye was able to help us resolve a lot of those issues.

How did you come to work with Webtye?

Webtye worked with a couple of other companies that I was familiar with, actually one in particular. I spoke to the chief executive officer, and they were very eager for our business. They had quick turnarounds on this initial work that we gave them. Their prices were very reasonable. Ultimately, I was very happy with the level of service.

How much have you invested with Webtye?

Overall, around $50,000 to $80,000.

It lasted between mid-2014 until the end of 2014. The engagement, if I recall correctly, was around four months.

We had a pretty small engineering team, and we were having to spend a lot of time away from our core product, which was our mobile product. We had to spend a lot of time away from that in managing WordPress until we engaged Webtye and handed off the responsibilities for the WordPress development to them so that we could concentrate more on our IP [intellectual property], which was, as I mentioned, in mobile, psychometric analysis. Having Webtye on board for us really enabled us to concentrate on our core business while they seamlessly handled our WordPress development.

How did Webtye perform from a project management standpoint?

They were using Asana to communicate back and forth the deliverables that they were working on, and the line items, the completion and/or the status of all the different projects they were completing for us. As necessary, we had calls. When things were a little more urgent, we’d have daily calls. At the very least, we’d have calls once a week to discuss the status on all the mobile work. If there was a deployment going on, we would have longer calls to go through some quality assurance testing before we went live.

What did you find most impressive about Webtye?

I found that they are able to bring on resources very quickly in varying expertise. When I say varying, I mean someone with a diverse skillset. I’m based in San Francisco; for us to find a developer who is an expert in a particular brand of JavaScript might take a few weeks. Webtye, with their expansive resourcing, are able to bring people on in a matter of days.

Are there any areas Webtye could improve?

They’re based here in New York, but most of their developers are offshore, so sometimes there can be a little bit of a language barrier, but as far as me working with offshore teams, this has been the best experience by far. I’ve been working with offshore teams since 2009 in Android and iPhone development, Java, Python, and a lot of work in PHP. I’ve worked with probably about at least a dozen different organizations working offshore, so I’ve had quite a bit of experience. Having Webtye as an interface layer, and having them manage the offshore work versus me having to do it directly, which I’ve done a lot of, made things go much smoother. I wasn’t the one staying up all night; these guys were.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement, nothing specific.
    They’re right on the money.
    As I mentioned, their rates are in line with or better than other organizations I’ve worked with. On top of that, they’re able to get resources online very quickly. The resources themselves, I find to be very skilled. The value is amazing.
    There’s always room for improvement. One thing I look for more than anything is quick and informed responses, and Webtye rates pretty high for me on that. The work is always very deliverable, which is what I care about more than anything else.