Freelance Website Development in Birmingham

Phillip Dews is a expert Website Developer and Designer based in Birmingham UK. Phillip specalises in designing and developing bespoke and unique HTML / CSS & PHP websites and WordPress Themes.

MY BACKGROUND

I am a self taught website developer and designer with over a decades experience in delivering bespoke and unique web projects on budget and on time always striving to exceed my clients expectations by going above and beyond their brief.

I am highly passionate about the Web Development industry and I love nothing better than creating something that starts as a seed in my head to it going live online and seeing the look on my clients face when the site goes live.

I have just started up a Blog about this industry and I like to share what I have learned over the years with others. I feel having a blog like that just shows how passionate I am about this industry and the lengths I go to exceed my clients expectations.

I believe that each and everywebsite should be mobile responsive, fast loading, beautiful and unique exceeding my clients expectations each and every time. I aim to get each of my creations to load in under a couple of seconds on both mobile and desktop by writing clean code and minimizing files.

Freelancer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
  • Thornley Grove
    Birmingham, WMD B76 9RH

My recent clients include iSecured Ltd, Transporter Executive, Blogging From Paradise, Customer Communication Management Services, Flair Inc, Glen Clougher Photography, The Loft Builder. You can view my portfolio @ THE WEB ENGINEER

Custom Website for Data Protection Consultancy

"The personal service really stood out, as nothing was too much trouble for them."

Oct. - Dec. 2018

THE WEB ENGINEER provided custom web development services, working on a new site from scratch in PHP. They focused on the look and feel as well as the user journey in order to create an effective sales funnel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Jezz Gobran
Director, i-Secured Limited

The finished site has received positive feedback from its users, offering a more engaging and easier to use user journey. The team was responsive and prompt, always reaching out when needed and providing thorough customer service.

I’m the managing director of i-Secured Limited, a data privacy and information security consultancy company.

What challenge were you trying to address with THE WEB ENGINEER?

My website was a little outdated and boring. To a lot of people, our industry is complex, dull, and uninteresting, so I needed to bring the site to life in order to get people to engage with it.

The website was built from scratch using PHP. I had a clear picture in my mind in terms of the look and feel as well as the colors I wanted, which they brought to life for me. There were a couple of points where I had an idea and we talked it through, then they gave me suggestions that worked well.

I wanted the website to contain some information, but more importantly, to help the customer on their journey. Essentially, it’s a sales funnel to lead them to the various different solutions we offer.

Everything was done internally.

How did you come to work with THE WEB ENGINEER?

Phillip (Owner, THE WEB ENGINEER) was recommended to me by another business contact I’ve known for a few years. He’d shown me some of his previous work, and the costs involved. I looked at some competitors, but one of the things that stuck with me was the personal service I wouldn’t get anywhere else.

I spent less than $10,000.

We worked together from October–December 2018.

I know that visitors to my new website have found it to be more engaging and easier to navigate.

How did THE WEB ENGINEER perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicated through email or telephone, plus I visited Philip every 10 days or so. They put up a temporary site so I could look at it whenever I wanted, which was helpful too.

The personal service really stood out, as nothing was too much trouble for them. They wanted to do the job properly and built thoroughly to make sure that the standard was met.

The detail is critical. There were a few things that they felt were done, but in my mind, they weren’t. When I pointed those out, they quickly took care of them. It was about what I wanted from my website and the level of detail I looked into.

If you let them know what needs to be done and stay on top of it, they do a great job—trust them.

Although it did overrun a little, it wasn't too much trouble. They got everything done, even it took longer.
    The cost was very reasonable, and they stuck to it.
    The project took a little longer than we had anticipated, but they really did put the hours in.
    I have no qualms in recommending them.

Web Design & Development for International Consultancy

"They delivered everything we asked for without issue."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

THE WEB ENGINEER designed and developed a website. The team created wireframes for the Black Box-based solution.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Matt Connor
Exec Director, Customer Communications Management Services Ltd.

They complied with the budget and adhered to the schedule. The site generated growth as a result of THE WEB ENGINEER’s innovation and effective management.

I’m the executive director of Customer Communications Management Services Ltd. We provide technical consultancy and support for OpenText products across a range of business sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire THE WEB ENGINEER?

THE WEB ENGINEER needed to redesign and build our fit-for-purpose web presence in very short timescales.

We needed an acceptable level of web presence ahead of an international conference, for which I planned to present and give interviews. Furthermore, the team needed to keep the site well-maintained.

I received a recommendation. Two of my consultants and I had several conversations with THE WEB ENGINEER and also considered three other web development firms, but those vendors proved unable to deliver.

The project had a full Black Box solution requirement. THE WEB ENGINEER led the design, content, and presentation processes. Specifically, they conducted interviews and created wireframes. The team now maintains the site.

The team includes business analysis, design, and development resources.

The team delivered on time and on budget. We’ve grown our network of consultants and generated new sales leads.

This was by no means a large-scale project, but I'd say it was managed effectively and efficiently. We have gradually phased out feedback from daily to weekly and then monthly frequencies.

The Speed of delivery and the designers’ creativity stood out.

No, I can’t think of anything.

They are very flexible.
    The rates are excellent.
    They delivered everything we asked for without issue.
    We've referred them many times.