Your Full-Service Digital Agency

A Cloud-Based… Digital Agency?
Everything is going to the Cloud, why not the agency model? Our ability to scale is limitless. Overhead is minimal and we’re always at the ready. Oh, and our rates are variable based on the demand and skill. We simply harness the power of the global creative community to deliver everything, on-time, done right.

Freelancer
2002
Longmont, CO
  • 1663 Venice Lane
    Longmont, CO 80503

App Development for Househould Supply Service

"I would work with them again in a heartbeat."

n/a

V16 helped develop a design-focused mobile app. The team consulted on publishing strategy, designed the way the app would work in practice, built out the entire app, and integrated it with the server side code.

San Francisco Bay Area
Stu Landesberg
CEO, ePantry

V16 produced an app that receives unanimously positive feedback, increases customer retention, and has a positive effect on customer satisfaction. The agency is friendly, fun to work with, and skilled in development.

Can you give me a brief description of ePantry?

We offer a really convenient service. We sell household supplies like soap, paper towels, and laundry detergent at prices lower than the grocery store with ongoing delivery. Mobile is a big part of that and essential for our business.

I am the CEO.

Can you describe your business goal?

We needed a new mobile app for customers.

What was your goal for the design of the mobile app?

We’re really design-focused. We wouldn’t have worked with someone who we didn’t think could match our general aesthetic. Our aesthetic is one that appeals to the tech-saavy, time-conscious consumer who creates the pages and to the working mother who is trying to manage a large household. Imulus understands convenient and clean design. The goal is not just to have people download and use it, but also to manage what they’re receiving actively, and to have a great experience doing it.

Can you tell me about the scope of their work?

There was a little bit of publishing strategy involved. We certainly asked for their help along the way. We provided some of the high-level design and good specs. They not only designed the way it would actually work in practice, but they also built out the entire app and integrated it well with our server side code.

What platforms were used?

It’s shared through the Apple store. Just iPhone. Our Web app works beautifully on iPads.

What was your process for selecting them to work with?

I read a bunch of reports and they were mentioned somewhere. I called maybe 10 or 15 different firms. I liked them the best. They had great references.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative in a ballpark dollar?

I’d say it was in the mid-five-digit range. I’d rather not give more specifics.

When was that app completed?

It was completed in early October 2013.

Do you have any stats or metrics to track improvement?

We’re not a download-centric company, so we don’t have any eye-catching public stats that would be particularly exciting. We have stats that would be interesting, but we prefer not to share those at this time.

What were the results of the project?

The more people who reach us through mobile, the better it is for us. Mobile orders save us money and time from the shipping process. The app increases retention and most importantly, it increases customer satisfaction.

Do you have positive employee feedback or consumer feedback?

We get exceptional feedback from everyone across the board.

How did Imulus perform throughout the work?

Exceptionally.

Is there anything that really stands out about them compared to other IT firms?

I think the first thing is personality. They’re great people. Since they’re great people, they get on your team and want to help you. I would work with them again in a heartbeat. They’re terrific. It’s not only that they’re smart, it’s that they’re also great people.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that you think they could improve upon or something you might do differently?

Maybe just have a little bit more structure with check-ins. We were talking to them a long time, so I don’t blame them for that. I wasn’t the one managing the project on a daily basis. But yes, they did an exceptional job.

• N/A NPS

Mobile App for Health Communications Organization

"We really lucked out finding them."

V16 collaborated on a robust vision therapy mobile app. They improved the design, developed wireframes, and implemented a reusable framework that includes interactive features and can be easily scaled.

Boston Metro Area
Owner, Health Communications Organization

V16 delivered a functioning app with a user experience that exceeded expectations. The agency is technically skilled enough to fulfill any normal requests and creative enough to add unique flourishes to their work. The staff is transparent, personable, and easy to communicate with.

Can you provide a brief description of your company?

Our company is a very small start-up. There are four of us total. We wanted to create an application to sell a specific need that we saw in vision therapy.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the technical person on the team. I found Imulus as the company that we wanted to hire for additional work on the app. I make sure the artists and designers on our side can talk technically to the coders in the same language, I also do some coding work on the app.

What was the challenge that you’re trying to address with the app?

Vision therapy is like physical therapy but for your eye. There are some apps out there that do specific exercises, but what we wanted to do is create an app that works with a physical device that attaches to the iPad. No other app does that. Our app acts as a library of all eye exercises.

What is the target audience?

We have two targeted audiences. The first is the vision therapy clinics that use the app in the office. The clinics can have their users purchase the app as an extra therapy tool for home use.

Can you describe the scope of Imulus’ work?

I have experience working on software projects that allowed us to provide a rough document of requirements for the initial app. This included what it would look like and what we wanted the functionality to be. We took that to Imulus and they gave us a quote.

Once they started working on it, they revamped the design. It was much more streamlined, and more user friendly. They gave us the wire frames, and we went backand forth and approved them. They implemented the framework. We wanted an app that could add exercises over time.

Imulus created a very robust, reusable framework along with the initial six vision therapy exercises that act as interactive features to help you exercise your eyes to see in 3-D. They worked with us to go back and forth on the artwork. We have our own artist. They helped improve the art a lot.

How did you find Imulus to work with?

I started with a simple Google search. I started looking more specifically at groups that had good work on the Web already. I liked Imulus’ website and the aesthetic of their work. They really won us over by all the work that they had in their portfolio.

We started negotiations with them, and we decided to select Imulus because they stood out from the pack.

When was that project completed?

We will launch in December 2013.

Can you provide a sense of the initiative in a dollar figure?

It was a five figure project. We chose Imulus because they worked within our budget and were flexible.

Do you have any stats or metrics to track success?

This was more than just a business venture. This is a labor of love for my team. Our main goal is to have people use it and improve their eyesight. If we can make back the money we put in, we’d be really happy. If we can actually make it into a business, we will be thrilled. That will be based on downloads. At the same time, if we have a product that people can use and really improve their eyesight with, we would still consider that a success. We just wanted a really good product. That is the ultimate goal. We aren’t planning on making a lot of money.

How has Imulus performed so far?

I don’t have any complaints about them. We think we really lucked out finding them. We have weekly status meetings and they also send us weekly summaries of the hours billed and exactly what they’ve been working on. They’ve been very clear on exactly what they’re doing and they don’t do extra work without discussing it with us beforehand.

Like with any project, we had some feature creep but they’re very clear on giving us hour estimates when we ask for additional functionality. They have handled the technical side very well. That was one of my biggest concerns but they handled it perfectly.

Is there anything special about Imulus that is unique compared to other firms?

They’ve really been a fun group to work with. They are very creative, which I was kind of worried about initially. I was worried that they would just be coders. They also know design and user functionality. They did create a better user experience that we weren’t expecting.

Looking back, do you have any improvements to suggest for Imulus or is there anything you would do differently?

No. I think they’ve handled all the challenges very well. We’re working remotely with them. They’re in Boulder, Colo. We were kind of worried about working remotely, but they handled that really well.

They’ve met every single deadline ahead of time.
    I just recently got into the code that they’ve written for us.
    I would recommended them and we plan on using them in the future, too.

iPad App for Physical Therapy Firm

"I don’t have any complaints about them. We felt really lucky to find them."

Imulus created wireframes for revamping the design of an app and implemented the changes once they were approved. The agency also created the app’s framework.

Houston Metro Area
Technical Manager, Physical Therapy Startup

Imulus is clear, direct, and responsive in their communication and transparent with their documentation. The app’s user experience benefitted from Imulus’s unique and effective combination of creativity and technically sound coding.

Can you provide a brief description of your company?

Our company is a very small start-up. There are four of us total. We wanted to create an app to sell a specific need that we saw in vision therapy because patients are using mostly paper cards. The founder wanted to make vision cards beyond the paper cards already available on iPad. That’s how we started.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the technical person on the team. I found Imulus as the company that we wanted for additional work on the app. I make sure the artists and the designers on our side can talk technically to the coders and everybody in the same language. I also do some coding work on the app.

What was your goal for this app?

Think of vision therapy as physical therapy for your eye. There are some apps out there that do specific exercises, but we wanted to create an app that works with a physical device that attaches to the iPad. This idea for an app acts as a library for all the exercises for vision therapy available, so users don’t have to switch between multiple apps and paper exercises.

What is the target audience?

We have two targeted audiences specifically. One is the vision therapy clinics to use in their office. We also want their users to purchase the app and device after visiting the clinic. This is a large group as well.

Can you describe the scope of Imulus’s work?

I have experience working on software projects as does our CEO, so we had a requirements document of what we wanted the initial app to look like. We told them what we wanted the functionality to be. They came back with a price quote.

Once they started working, they revamped the design. It was much more streamlined, much more user friendly. They gave us the wire frames for those, and we went backand forth and approved them. They actually implemented them and did the framework because we wanted to have a framework that could add extra exercises as we go forward.

Imulus created a very robust, reusable framework along with the initial six vision therapy exercises that features exercises for your eyes to see in 3-D. They worked with us on the artwork because we have our own artist.

How did you find Imulus to work with?

I did a simple Google search and found some good web sites that I liked. Imulus had a good aesthetic with their work and all the apps they created. They really won us over by their portfolio. We started negotiating with them and other companies. They really stood out because they were easy to talk to compared to others.

When was that project completed?

We’re planning to launch in the next month. We have a working beta that we have inputted, but we haven’t launched it on the App Store yet.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the cost of the project?

This was a five-figure project. Imulus was willing to work within our budget, and give us the product we wanted.

What metrics will you track to gauge success?

For this app, it is a labor of love for us because we are all working for free, and we paid our own money for the Imulus app. We went to help people improve their eyesight. We have a public health goal in mind. If we can make back the money we put in, we’d be really happy. If we can actually make it into a business, we will be thrilled. That will be based on downloads. We just wanted a really good product. We’re not planning to make a huge amount of money.

How has Imulus performed?

I don’t have any complaints about them. We felt really lucky to find them. We have weekly status meetings and they also send us weekly summaries of the hours billed and exactly what they’ve been working on. They’ve been very clear on exactly what they’re doing, and also not doing extra work without discussing it with us before-hand.

Like with any project, we had some feature creep. However, they are very clear on hour estimates when we ask for additional functionality. We could either say yes or no based on whether we thought that functionality was worth the amount and hours in cost that it would incur.

Is there anything unique or special about Imulus that really stands out?

They’ve been a fun group to work with. They are very creative. I was worried that they would just be coders. The functionality is basically the same, but the twists they made to our initial design make it a better user experience.

Looking back, do you have any improvements to suggest for Imulus or anything that you would do differently?

No. I think they’ve handled all the challenges very well. We’re working remotely with them. They’re in Boulder, Colo. We were worried remote work wouldn’t be effective, but it’s been fine.

They’ve been really responsive and willing to work with us over Skype or in person. They have met me at their offices when I flew up there.

hey’ve met every single deadline ahead of time.
    I just recently got into the code that they’ve written for us.
    We plan on using them in the future, too.