A boutique digital strategy firm

GOLD VERIFIED

Usman Group is a boutique digital strategy, market research and web design firm that helps organizations plan and execute successful communications and technology initiatives that are elegant, cost-effective and easy to implement.

• Analysis: We are research-driven, and dig deep to understand the needs and desires of your customers and how you want to better serve them.
  • Strategy: We collaborate with your team on creative, proven, actionable approaches that will bring your organizational and business goals to fruition.
  • Execution: We have an extensive, trusted network of experts whom we work closely with to ensure that your strategy has a practical way forward.
  • Measurement: We help our clients articulate what success means to them, develop metrics to measure them and establish feedback loops for continuous improvement.

2006
Denver, CO
  • 201 Milwaukee Street, Suite 200
    Denver, CO 80206
  • 250 Parkway Drive, Suite 150
    Lincolnshire, IL 60069

National Safety Council, Priceline.com, Robert W. Baird & Company, Davita, Chicago Sun-Times, and the University of Chicago.

Internal Communications Development for Priceline.com Image

Internal Communications Development for Priceline.com

Priceline.com helps people get discounted rates for travel-related purchases such as airline tickets and hotel reservations. The challenge for Usman Group was to design a robust company intranet that was as engaging as its consumer-facing marketing and serve as the primary hub for all internal company communications. The team developed an attractive and easy-to-use internal communications portal that their

global workforce could rally around and truly adopt.
Web Development for National Safety Council Image

Web Development for National Safety Council

The National Safety Council engaged the Usman Group to create a stand-alone branded website that would provide information about the latest automotive safety features and provide answers to drivers' questions. The challenge was that the site would have to appeal to drivers of all backgrounds and ages. The Usman Group decided to make the site direct, intuitive and highly skimmable to capture and keep attention.

They used easy to recognize icons in lieu of text with quick, fun quizzes to help steer users to crucial car safety information. The NSC was so happy with the website, they promoted it through multiple traditional media channels and outlets, including outdoor, print, TV, radio, social, paid search and web banner ads.
Web Development and Marketing for Cressey & Company Image

Web Development and Marketing for Cressey & Company

Cressey & Company is one of the most experienced and successful healthcare-focused private equity firms in the country, but they were frustrated with their website. The main issue was their brand identity which was all over the place. Usman Group took on the content development, strategy, and web design. They developed a strategy to augment the content experience that would bring the pages to life. The end

result was a site that worked flawlessly on a variety of systems.
Poplar-Prairie Stone Crossing Image

North Shore Trust & Savings

Myefski Architects Image

Myefski Architects

Website Design for Real Estate Owner & Operator

"The process was seamless and they felt like an extension of our team."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

A retail real estate owner and operator approached Usman Group to help expand their marketing portfolio. They decided to create Wordpress sites for their tenants, for which Usman Group built the front and backend.

Northbrook, Illinois
Graham Grochocinki
Senior VP of Marketing, Pine Tree

Usman Group delivered a clean and simply designed site, which the users have responded to positively. It has also been a huge source of leverage with the firm's investors. Overall, Usman Group does its due diligence on the businesses they work with and have gone above and beyond expectations.

Pine Tree Commercial Realty is a retail real estate owner and operator. We buy and manage shopping centers around the country. I am the senior VP of brand creative and omnichannel marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We try to help our retail tenants market better to the local community as an added value of working with Pine Tree. We were looking at different marketing techniques that we could leverage for some of our small shop tenants. One thing we thought would be an easy sell was a website. We worked with Usman Group to make a self-sustaining WordPress website for our tenants. The tenants can craft their own secure logins and update their site with promotions, in-store events, etc., at no cost to them so they can better market to the community.

We had our own ideas in mind when we approached Usman Group. We came to them for advice based on work they had done with a company called ShopperTrak, which is a company involved in the retail sector. I’m the only person in this office that’s not totally focused on the financial aspect, but focus on the aesthetic instead.

I really liked Usman Group’s portfolio in terms of color, design, and cleanliness. I gave them full authority to help us design the website template. They developed the frontend and the backend. Our first kick-off meeting was a long meeting where we went through different wireframes and ideas of how people would interact with the site. The meeting was far more thorough than I thought it would be and was a great experience. That keeps me coming back to them for more work. In terms of collaboration with my team, all of us were involved with them. The process was seamless and they felt like an extension of our team.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I found them on Google and they just happened to be local as well. I was looking at other firms around the country. I chose them because of their profile and previous work with ShopperTrak. We were sold on their capabilities based on their creativity with their own website and their portfolio.

How much have you invested with Usman Group?

We spent $20,000 on the website project.

We started working with them in October 2014, and the website was completed in December of that same year. We continue to work with them on other projects.

The website ran smoothly and was eye catching. It was exactly the simplicity and cleanliness we had asked for. All the tenants that we’ve shared the site with love it, and we’ve made two more websites based on that initial design, which is a testament to that first website’s capability. We haven’t been able to replicate it at every center because of budget reasons, but hopefully, we will in the future. We’ve had a lot of success in leveraging this aspect of our marketing program to our capital partners who are investing in these shopping centers with us. Having this website with its different capabilities, functions, and design has been a great sell to other investors.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Usman Group went above and beyond our expectations in terms of service and technical support. That’s why we keep going back to them. I can’t recommend them enough. The fact that they’re local has nothing to do with it because we rarely see them. We operate digitally most of the time. We utilize Basecamp to communicate with each other.

What did you find most impressive about Usman Group?

We have worked with other groups in the past but Usman Group takes the time to be extra creative in their solutions. In every meeting, they ask questions about our industry that other companies didn’t care to ask or didn’t know to ask to figure out what the best route is to get the most return on investment. Their questions helped them understand our business and it shows through their work and the quality of the website.

Are there any areas Usman Group could improve?

No. We haven’t had any issues with them at all. Their support has been wonderful. If there were any glitches, they were quick to find them before we even did, and were honest about it and would fix them.

Overall Score These guys are above and beyond other companies that I’ve used in the past.
    They drive the deadline from start to finish. They’re very communicative via Basecamp and schedule way in advance. We always knew what was happening. They’ve never missed a deadline.
    You get what you pay for. It's not inexpensive, but the quality is outstanding.
    I’ve had zero problems with anything they delivered. Everything they delivered was above and beyond what I expected.
    I have recommended them already.

Website Re-design for Manufacturing Company

"I found Usman Group extremely easy to work with. They easily converted my ideas and passion...into a concept that I could get on board with."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Usman Group improved the branding of a company that provides solution based food ingredients. They also incorporated new features on the website to improve lead generation and establish a clear user experience.

Fort Lee, New Jersey
Marketing Specialist, Manufacturing Company

One of their main KPIs, bounce rate has decreased. After optimizing the website to better reflect their brand, more customers visiting the site are now finding the products relevant to their search. Their team's talent and excellent project management skills contributed to this successful outcome.

The company sells solution based food ingredients where we strive to provide solutions, enhancement options, and reduction options that help our customers discover new ways of elevating their product or finding a solution they didn’t have before on flavor, cost, texture, etc. I am a marketing specialist.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We needed to completely redesign our website because the branding was extremely outdated and our domain was 13 years old. It was not up to the standards of quality that we thought it should have to demonstrate our high-quality solution based ingredients. We wanted to incorporate lead generation opportunities that we didn’t have before. We talked about ideas on how to present different ways for people who found us via the internet and search engines to reach out to us and figure out what products work best for them. We wanted to make it possible for the user to find us easily and to have a streamlined process for them.

Usman Group provided project management skills to help us achieve a series of goals, which included: increasing our site visitors, creating a brand that’s in line with all of our trade shows and ideas, and devising a strategy that would allow us to move forward as a solution provider. They also optimized the site to make it easier for our customers to navigate and generate more leads coming in through the website. They assisted in lining out the entire project, hitting deadlines, and making a team that worked directly with me as well as one of my other colleagues in order to deliver without fail. They also created custom website pages that were handcrafted to meet our goal. They created a beautifully designed website on WordPress that has a lot of fluidity, and it's easy for our customers to understand the information and navigate to the page that would help them in their projects. Usman Group worked with me to select photos that would go on the main page and went along with our theme and ideas.

They also established a set of new brand guidelines that we identified as a business unit for the first time. The brand guidelines would streamline all of our marketing efforts that made sense to our customers and created an identity for us. We had a copywriter help us establish different keywords that made sense to our customers searching on the search engines. We identified a page or two of words that made sense to who we are and how people are finding us right now. Those words were then implemented into each page on our website, including the home page, product pages, solutions pages, careers page, etc. We haven’t worked with them on SEO [search engine optimization] efforts.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

Usman Group was recommended to me by another group that used them and had such positive experiences with them that I knew I wanted to get an idea of what their work was like and what it would be like to collaborate with them on a big project like this. We vetted a couple of vendors to understand the quality of work they do and their project management skills to achieve that customized branding and result that we wanted to flow through all the pages of the site.

I found Usman Group extremely easy to work with. They easily converted my ideas and passion as well as theme and branding into a concept that I could get on board with. We hired them because they demonstrated such a knack for understanding of what our needs were and where we would like to take the concept. We wanted a high return on our investment.

How much have you invested with Usman Group?

We spent $29,000 with Usman Group on the project.

We started working with Usman Group in April 2016, and the work was completed in August 2016. We have a contract with them for a set number of hours to help with any issues that come up. They help us better optimize Google dashboards, etc.

I look at Google Analytics daily, and the metrics are constantly changing. One consistent metric is the bounce rate, which has gone down dramatically. Regarding organic search, it has plummeted down, which is what we wanted. We wanted people to use those keywords in the search engines and find us based on something they’re looking for and not leave. The average session is a lot longer, and the bounce rate has decreased. There are more lead generations than before. On the previous site, we had a login feature where customers could access documents, etc., but now, the number of leads from the internet where people are interested in what we do has increased dramatically.

As the marketing department, we wanted to increase our capability of generating new leads through our website because we wanted to represent ourselves in a way the customers would appreciate and understood what we’re doing and they would want to reach out. We’ve seen consistent feedback from current customers as well as strong potentials coming through this website that have said the website was easy to follow. Also, it’s easy for them to find products that make sense to meet their goals.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Usman Group utilizes a couple of tools and platforms to optimize project management. If I get busy, they always made sure to follow up with me and created a group dedicated to success. Their platform reminded me if I needed to submit anything to help them stay on schedule. If there’s something I’d like to add or change, they can tell me how that would change the deadline. They’re also flexible and open to new ideas.

What did you find most impressive about Usman Group?

The quality of their transmittance of my message is impressive. Usman Group listens to the customer. They understood exactly what I wanted even before I knew that I wanted it. Once I communicated to them what I liked and what my goals were, they took that information and created a beautiful, highly interactive, and fluid website. Their ability to communicate the work, passion, and ultimately, the brand itself into a well-designed website, is phenomenal.

Are there any areas Usman Group could improve?

Overall, Usman Group is phenomenal, and I would recommend them to anyone. We did encounter a small glitch at the end of our project, but that was also because we had a unique situation with our website hosting. We had to have it on a certain hosting environment, which was unfamiliar to them. Nevertheless, they learned quickly and adapted to what we needed according to our IT guidelines. It was a learning curve for them, but they were still able to deliver what we needed.

Usman Group did a good job adapting to what we needed. With the presentation of new ideas, it was very easy to work around the timeline and figure out ways to achieve our goal.
    Based on my knowledge of other providers and other proposals I received, the quality, commitment, team, and experience I received, was incomparable to the cost from other groups.
    Usman Group has a good, rich, small team that continues to expand. Because of the utilization of their team and how passionate and dedicated they are to their customers, I don’t think anyone would have a bad experience with the quality of their work.

Digital Strategy for Consumer Analysis Business

"All of the team members bring something unique and valuable to the team. Working with them has been a pleasure."

Sept. 2016–Ongoing

A consumer analysis business needed Usman Group's support to migrate their website and marketing automation solution. They worked extensively on the site's backend.

201–500 Employees

Dana O'Neill
Marketing Manager, ShopperTrak

Since successfully accomplishing the basic web services, Usman Group has been delegated other digital strategy work. Their efforts thus far have resulted in better conversions and keyword rankings. Aside from their ability to deliver quality results, they stand out for being a true partner.

ShopperTrak is the leading people counting solution for brick and mortar retailers. I lead digital marketing and strategy for the Americas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We were acquired and then the day the acquisition went through, we were acquired again. That made for a lot of business challenges. When I first arrived at the company, we were migrating from one marketing automation solution to another. The Usman Group made sure the entire migration process was seamless from beginning to end. They were an extension of our team and also served as a sounding board when things were difficult. They answered difficult questions and were honest with us.

The Usman Group helped us navigate through a website migration as well. They helped with the design, backend, security, and also SEO [search engine optimization] and paid search. In terms of SEO, they gave us keywords but it was a team effort. In the end, they were solely working on the backend. They have experts that go in and make sure our vision becomes a reality. Since I started working with them, we’ve ramped up our services twice. When I started, we were using basic web services and then we ramped it up one notch to more advanced services with the web. We just recently began another agreement for social media.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

They were here when I arrived at the company. I could’ve hired another agency but they developed a relationship with me and made sure that I felt comfortable working with them, so I didn’t want to look elsewhere. That was important to me.

How much have you invested with Usman Group?

We spend an average of $12,000 per month for their services.

I personally started working with them in September 2016, and the work is ongoing.

Last week we decided to implement another opportunity for conversion on our website at the bottom of our blogs. That was implemented at the beginning of last week and when I reported on it this week, we had a 13% increase in conversions from that opportunity. That’s an example of something we discussed, implemented, and the results we received. When I arrived at the company, we were on page eight for retail analytics, and we’re a retail analytics thought leader in our space. That was devastating to me, so I had conversations with the Usman Group about that and they optimized around those keywords, so we’re now on page two. I trust their technical expertise and I refer to them when I need to. We have an internal IT team and when I need to talk to them about security audits, I loop Usman Group into the conversations to make sure that I’m speaking to the technical terminology thoughtfully; they’re always supportive throughout the process. Their work is on par.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They have project managers and also experts, which is phenomenal. I’ve never seen any other agency do it like this and I love it. We have two project managers working on our account and have bi-weekly calls. We use Basecamp to post projects and documents, and we use that as a way to communicate as well. They send me a weekly recap with data that I can send to our senior leadership, which they really enjoy. If I have an urgent project, I send them an email and they respond right away.

What did you find most impressive about Usman Group?

They are a true partner which is something that’s very unique. They are an extension of my work, which is very comforting. I can tell that they feel that their work is a reflection of me and our organization and they’re proud of that. Our relationship is more of a partnership and I appreciate that tremendously.

Are there any areas Usman Group could improve?

I always think there’s room for improvement but I can’t think of anything that stands out to me. I truly believe they’ve bent over backward to make sure that I’m successful.

Overall Score I’ve had a great experience working with them. All of the team members bring something unique and valuable to the team. Working with them has been a pleasure.
    They’re always on time and quick to answer emails.
    I feel like they offer fair value for what we’re getting.
    For the reasons I already stated.

GOLD VERIFIED