Partnering up with US companies since 2007

We are a committed nearshore development company located in Colombia, Uruguay, and incorporated in Los Angeles, California. Since 2007, we’ve created web & mobile solutions with innovative US companies.

Whether you need to build a new product, scale your existing software or migrate to the latest technology, our nearshore teams can tackle your project. Let’s find out the best blend of capabilities to create an outstanding app.

What are you looking for in a development partner?

• To leverage an existing app or launch a new one
  • Assistance in translating your user’s needs into your system
  • To make your software smarter with Machine Learning
  • Support to accomplish your software project on time with success

We can scale or complement your in-house team with Staff Augmentation or build a Full Scrum Team to create your whole product, from designing the wireframes to launching it.

We’re the right fit for you if you:

• are in charge of improving or scaling an existing SaaS product or building one from scratch;
  • are located in the US and searching for a nearshore development partner.

What our clients have to say:

“We were looking not only for time zone, but also quality of developers as well as costs. We saw you guys had a lot of great reviews online and I think your customers' validation states the quality of your developers.” Frank Cho, Chief Operating Officer at Nexus A.I.

“The team is great, the fact that they code in NodeJS and React is a big deal, it’s kind of trendy nowadays. It’s cutting-edge technology.” Greg Garner, Hipaa Exams' Founder

Let’s work together to create great software!

2007

Programming & scripting
Application platform
CRM solutions
Productivity & collaboration

Corporate: Microsoft, PwC PricewaterhouseCoopers, Telefónica, KIA, DEG, Cleveland Cavaliers, San Diego Padres, World Fuel Services /

SaaS, Software companies: Stackify, Insala, Worksoft, e-Builder, Raisal, Xceligent /

Startups: CRMGamified, Bunee, iKrut, xVoucher, NextLinks Golf

Web platform & tools for Real Estate decision making process

This app provides essential data and tools for the CRE decision making process. It integrates quality online data into a dynamic Geographic Information System mapping environment. We've worked on building the web platform and three of its tools: flood maps, business lists, and pictometry.

Building software performance monitoring solutions for developers

We complement Stackify's in-house team in order to speed up their development process. Their products allow developers to deploy apps faster and better. Two of our devs traveled to the client's HQ to work directly with the team and get a deeper understanding of the product and business.

Design and development updates for automated business process testing software provider

Worksoft users can track, analyze and test over 500,000 business processes in a matter of hours. Together we've worked on the UI and technology update of its 3 main products. We've also done a technology migration to ensure better code quality and app performance.

Improved UX, UI refresh & an agile development roadmap for Telefonica's main mobile app

This mobile app is used by Telefonica's clients to manage their mobile phone plans. It's a multimodal solution built with Xamarin.Forms after a complete UX/UI redesign. The technology's shared codebase has full coverage of native APIs and it integrates with other of Telefonica's core services.

Multiple nearshore development projects for CRE company

Property management software for the commercial real estate industry where 18,000 buildings are managed (over 1.7 billion square feet). Part of the team is dedicated to the Front End rewrite of the legacy version and other devs are building new features and tools for boosting UX and performance.

Saas Platform for Commercial Real Estate Loans

This app helps people to easily connect with commercial mortgage lenders nationwide via an intelligent algorithm. It integrates with +300 US banks and financial institutions. The product's micro-services architecture allows full scalability and the 2nd release took 22 sprints of intense work, involving many client visits and +8MM lines of code.

Internal notification system for global telecom giant, Movistar

We were selected by Movistar, from Telefónica, to build a system where employees can track the mobile network issues and downtimes. By having a user-centered design approach and conducting user interviews, we've worked on this product since its initial MVP's version till its 3rd phase nowadays.

Health & wellness mobile app ported from a web version

Multimodal solution developed with Xamarin.Forms that facilitates the implementation of health-contingent wellness programs. Before starting the development process, we organized a one-week Discovery phase on-site to conduct activities focused on the product's User Experience.

Technology upgrade for construction management Saas

Projects with a value of more than $300 billion are operated in this app. We've partnered up through staff augmentation, having separated dev teams for upgrading and legacy support. More than 40 engineers are working on this SaaS and the support team has seen the number of issues in JIRA reduce by 50%.

Interactive mobile app for social indoor golfing

We were responsible for rewriting NextLinks smart-watch application in order to launch a mobile version. Our Xamarin devs along with a UX designer tackled the project, that resulted in a cross-platform product with shared logic & UI across iOS and Android.

High performance marketing web app displays vital data in real time

TopContent automates the process of analyzing marketing data from a website, such as traffic and keyword performance. Based on that, the app displays info and provides suggestions through appealing dashboards based on high-level data synchronization, chart management, and a custom algorithm.

Mobile application for the first response community

We've worked on the design and development of this cross-platform application with a strong focus on UX. It helps disaster response professionals to save lives in the face of risky situations at world events. The MVP was launched in record time, just 1 month.

Self-help guru's financial planner app that works in conjunction with live event

This platform empowers participants of a live event to understand their current financial situation and plan how to improve it. To set the design and development road map of this web app we held a Discovery phase focused on UX activities such as Heuristic evaluation, user interviews, and others.

Developing the most complete web & mobile talent platform for professional development

Insala provides engagement solutions for organizations concerned about their employees' careers. During the last 6 years, we've worked together on its customizable platform which serves over 1.5 million users. Our close timezone and code quality practices are the main drivers of this partnership.

Web app powered by Machine Learning

GrayMeta helps audiovisual companies like HBO and Disney to enrich their knowledge about the visual content they generate through algorithms.  The client relies on nearshore outsourcing for finding high-level AI talent for a more accessible cost than in the USA

Mobile App Dev for Corporate Wellness Firm

"UruIT have hired the right people and got the cream of the crop."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Using Xamarin, UruIT is developing a mobile app for Android and iOS that provides the same functions as a website. They also offer UI/UX design and API integration.

CTO, Corporate Wellness Firm

Although setting up a workflow took time, UruIT distinguishes themselves with their technical competency, innovative ideation, and collaborative communication. Their rigorous hiring practices and strong team dynamic enable them to approach projects as a capable partner rather than a contractor.

I am the CTO of a corporate wellness firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with UruIT?

I built our platform. Until recently, it was exclusively hosted online. Although there was no mobile component, plenty of people had asked us about an app.

We needed a multimodal offering that brought the website’s functionality to a mobile platform. Having developed mobile apps before on my own, and having done both iOS and Android in tandem, I knew it would be a challenge. I wanted a development team that used a framework like Xamarin so that we could essentially develop the app once for multiple devices.

They used Xamarin as a core technology for this project. They’re using a backend REST API that I developed, along with Docker, Slack, and Swagger. They use Microsoft App Center for distributions.

I work with four people from their team: two developers, a proxy team lead, and a designer.

How did you come to work with UruIT?

I had selected them for another project two or three years ago. At that time, I went through an elaborate process of looking at various shops in Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico, India, and China, and had narrowed it down to eight development shops.

I spoke to each of them individually and was impressed by the fact that UruIT had such an elaborate process for winnowing out their development staff. They only hire one out of every 20 people they interview, which really shows. Before I chose them, everyone I worked with and talked to seemed extremely competent. When I had a project that needed them, it was a natural fit. I also wanted a team that was confident, nearshore and had some overlap with me in terms of time zone.

The big knock on offshore development shops is that you get an army full of people for cheaper than American developers, but that the quality suffers. So far, everyone I have worked with from UruIT is as good or better than the staff I expect to hire in the United States.

When I first talked to them, I got a sense of competency. They’re not a raw development shop; they evaluated my product and my project to see if they wanted to work on it. We interviewed each other on a much more level playing field in terms to determine if this partnership would work. Fortunately, it did.

We have spent about $25,000 and expect to spend $50,000.

We started working with them in November of 2017, and it is an ongoing development project expected to be finished by March.

They are an Agile development shop, and I went down to their office to work with their developers as a kickoff. At the end of the week I was there, we had a beginning app running and deployed to my phone. It didn’t have user interface or logos, but it was a working application. Every week or two we completed a sprint and released something.

How did UruIT perform from a project management standpoint?

I use Slack, which they use internally, to talk with them when we are not meeting every day. We do a daily Scrum where I call in on a web conference phone line to talk for 5-10 minutes. They use Trello to compile to-do lists and see where things are. A lot of it was informal, since they are very strong on Agile.

When I visited them, we spent an entire week talking about the project, drilling down on user story, talking about success, discussing the sort of things that would keep us up at night, and identifying our fears. As a part of their very comprehensive process, we went through two fairly long daily meetings in both the morning and the afternoon.

They had prepared the entire week for me by the time I got down there, and I just had to attend the meetings. They had a very thorough approach to the project. We used a daily touchpoint to check in and find out where the project was operationally.

Visiting Uruguay to work with their developers was invaluable to me. When I originally talked to them on a conference call, we didn’t have a good connection and I had a hard time understanding everyone on the team. When I sat around a table with them to work, I had no problem whatsoever understanding them. After I went back and had the same type of conference calls, I knew exactly who was speaking, and I never had a problem with vocabulary or grammar.

Being able to spend a short amount of time with the team face-to-face makes a huge difference in project communication. Offering that was important to me. One thing that struck me when I was down there was how strong the team was. They essentially adopted me as a member.

It is basically an independent development team with four or five people, and it doesn’t seem like there is any real strong oversight from the CEO or CTO. They are trusted to be autonomous and to do good work. They all watch out for each other and review each other’s code, as opposed to the model I have seen with Indian or Chinese teams, in which everything is reviewed through an entire stack. UruIT have hired the right people and got the cream of the crop, which has made a difference.

I can’t really think of anything in particular.

During a development project, team dynamics are extremely important. I would recommend taking the time to visit their team in Montevideo. It makes a huge difference, and is well worth the trip and the expense to visit. I feel it has had a transformative, multiplying influence on our productivity for the rest of the project. We got to know everyone on the team and identify their strengths and weaknesses. Getting that done in person sped up the entire project.

Overall Score It is hard for me to think whether I have had a better experience with any vendor, let alone a technology vendor.
    We don’t really have deadlines, but there have a been a couple cases where a user story we thought would be done had to be pushed because we didn’t understand it enough.
    We have had good value. It isn’t cheap, but the developers are as good as any I have worked with in the United States.
    I am very impressed with the quality of service. They are very good about cross-checking each other’s quality and then checking with me. The quality is much higher than I would have expected.
    I have already recommended them twice.

App Dev for Disaster Management Software Firm

“They are very professional and very customer-centric.”

Jun. 2017 - Aug. 2017

UruIT provided quick development in of an app in Android and iOS. They developed the app in Xamarin to provide easy compatibility for future use and support of their source code.

President, Disaster Management Solutions

The team’s expertise in Xamarin helped them to deliver the app versions quickly and cost-effectively. Their developer’s tweak of the interface added an unexpected flair to the end product. Providing excellent project management, they provided a warm welcome to the world of outsourcing.

I am the president of a software firm which provides software for the first response community.

What challenge were you trying to address with UruIT?

We were in need of developing an Android and iOS version of a product in a short amount of time, and we didn’t have the resources internally to do this.

They used Xamarin, which is what we use internally. This was important for us as this is our internal development platform where we can take control of that source code and support our client going forward if need be.

From a development standpoint, there were 3 people involved who had different functions. We also worked with 2–3 other people in project management and administration.

How did you come to work with UruIT?

I did a Google search on Xamarin development, and they were 1 of the first organizations that popped up. I reached out to them and explained our very simple project. I didn’t do an exhaustive analysis, but I was convinced that they had the resources and expertise to develop it as they had done similar things in the past. It was cost-effective and within our budget to work with them.

We spent less than $10,000.

We started working with them in late June of this year, and the project was completed in August.

There is a possibility of phase 2 in the future.

The goal was to deliver a product that our customer could utilize and would allow them to demonstrate to the people above them within their geographical area that we had a functional product that could work on Android and iOS platform. We were able to deliver that. They did a test and were able to conduct a transaction which showed up on our website and presented to them that we had this capability within the system. They delivered the product in a short amount of time, which was wonderful.

How did UruIT perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated with them by video conference via Skype a lot. In addition, they used a project management tool which kept me apprised of all the work they were doing. They did a version of Agile internally, and they did sprints. Everything they were focusing on was laid out. When we had our weekly conference calls, they reviewed what they did that particular week and invited feedback along the way. They had a good tool set, more than what I needed to manage the project from my end.

I hadn’t planned on spending a lot of effort on the interface for the application, but 1 of their developers took our logo and modified it and did such a wonderful job, which is something I was amazed by. It was 1 of the first things they did and provided a great flair to the outcome, which was really helpful.

There is nothing significant that stands out. Most of the people spoke English very well, and I had no trouble whatsoever, but there was a bit of a challenge to understand 1 developer. However, I could eventually understand him.

Overall Score It was my first foray into outsourcing, and it was definitely a positive experience.
    There were no delays.
    It was close to budget and went a little bit over.
    They are very professional and very customer-centric.

Multiple Developments for Telefónica Uruguay

"They are very detailed, genuine, demanding in a good way and go the extra mile."

2012 - 2017

In this engagement with Telefónica, UruIT has two permanent contracts with up to six developers providing ongoing support and development services to the telecommunications company.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Digital Channels Manager, Telefónica Uruguay

UruIT's developers and support staff always delivers on time and achieves all set objectives. Their personalized service and knowledge of the market are appreciated and important for the company's digital channels' success. Their team is very detailed, genuine, demanding in a good way, and they go the extra mile.