No contracts. Fixed fees. Transparent work.

Uproot is a social media marketing company in Atlanta who helps small businesses in a array of industries to increase exposure and awareness through strategic online marketing and strategy. Hundreds of clients later, We’ve been on a mission to help small businesses across the country leverage the power of social media and online paid advertising to enhance and grow their business.

We believe you should take care of the more human interactions and focus on what makes your business unique. and let us handle your marketing efforts. Today, we provide online marketing solutions to many thriving local businesses across the U.S. and Canada, and we’re just getting started!

Atlanta, GA

Taqueria Michoacana |

Okinawa Hibachi Franchise |

Gabe's Downtown |

Facebook Marketing for a Wellness Center

"We’ve seen significant new income from packages and services, mostly coming from Facebook."

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

Uproot leads a Facebook marketing campaign, including content creation and paid advertising.

Calhoun, Georgia
Brianna Cornette
Office Manager, Pro Health Wellness Center

The number of email sign-ups and the amount of bookings have increased markedly since Uproot was first engaged. While there were some minor communications issues, the team corrected problems quickly and responded promptly to other concerns.

I'm the office manager of Pro-Health Wellness Center. I handle all the marketing and events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

We mainly wanted to grow our Facebook engagement.

We initially hired them to develop content and manage our page. We’d tried running some paid Facebook advertising ourselves but hadn't seen any return on our investment. Uproot gave us a free pilot month to see if they could generate leads and offers, and then we transitioned to using them for paid Facebook ads.

We have one primary account supervisor, and we sometimes speak directly to their Facebook ad specialist.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

We found them on Google. In addition, another business that our owner knows gave them a strong recommendation.

We're currently spending $1000 per month, so we’ve spent around $12,000 total.

The engagement started a year ago and the work is ongoing.

We’ve seen significant new income from packages and services, mostly coming from Facebook. We’ve kept our books full throughout the year, including the summer lean months when college students are out of town. We’ve grown our email list to about 800 names, so we're happy with their involvement.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

I have a marketing background but not in social media. Uproot has taught me a lot about what works and what we should be doing. They’re available to speak on the phone whenever I have specific questions, and they reply quickly to our emails.

They're honest and transparent about everything. Not every month saw the same amount of success, but they explained why and found a way to fix it. They always find a solution to the problem, and they don't hide any negative results.

They could have more people available to speak with clients. It was sometimes difficult to manage my time around their schedule because there are only two people that I've been able to talk to.

Facebook Ads & Content Creation for Mexican Restaurant

"I truly feel like they are a part of our team and have helped us grow as a business."

2018 - Ongoing

Uproot manages and creates Facebook Ads and online content for a restaurant franchise.

Atlanta, Georgia
Raul Moreno Martinez
Marketing Director, El Nopal Mexican Restaurants

Uproot’s work has led to a growth in email subscribers and an increase in restaurant patrons across all locations. The team’s proactive approach has stood out, helping this engagement last into the foreseeable future.

I am the marketing directory of El Nopal Restaurants. We are a Mexican restaurant franchise in Northern Georgia and Atlanta.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

We were looking to get more involved with Facebook advertising and needed a company with more expertise than we had in-house to get us started.

Uproot runs all our Facebook Ad campaigns and creates most of the content for our website on a monthly basis.

At the beginning of the engagement I worked with a marketing analyst before moving over to our current account executive. I have also spoken with their founder and a few other team members as necessary.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

I found them through an online search and decided to hire them based off of their positive reviews and the fact that they are located locally.

We pay them $15,000 a month for their services.

We began working together in early 2018.

Since we began working with Uproot we have seen our email list grow from just a few hundred to over 3,000. We have also had more customers coming into our restaurants after seeing ads on Facebook, helping us grow traffic across all of our locations. Uproot has also been great at being proactive with content tailored to seasonal holidays and keeping our online presence fresh and engaging.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicate over email, and they quickly reply to any concerns or issues we contact them about.

They clearly took the time to understand our brand and goals in order to deliver the best possible outcomes. I truly feel like they are a part of our team and have helped us grow as a business.

They could be a little less expensive. However, the quality of content and recognition they have brought to our company is well worth the price.

It is important to present them with precise goals at the start of the project. This will help them make sure they are staying on task and keeping your ideas in perspective.

WordPress Web Design for Life Insurance Brokerage

“Their sales process was different from any other company I considered. They never bombarded me or put pressure on me.”

Mar. 2018

Uproot built a WordPress site for an insurance brokerage. Within a week-long build, they provided a flexible template that allows for customization and design that appeals to target audiences.

Maryland
Shawn Barker
Founder, KushLife Insurance Group

The site was completed very recently but is already attracting positive comments. Uproot was responsive and stuck to project timelines. They were happy to answer questions and were both patient and quick.

I'm the general partner and founder of KushLife Insurance Group, an independent life insurance brokerage that services Maryland and Tennessee.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

I needed a crisp, clean website to boost lead generation. I wanted something modern that appealed to Millennials and Gen Xers, my target audience.

They built a WordPress site for me. They were quick and very knowledgeable about everything I needed to do. They provided a nice template that allows for a lot of flexibility. I can make changes and add things to really customize the site. I prepared all the content ahead of time, so the whole process took about a week. They estimated the timeline and stuck to it, though I assume it would have taken longer if I wasn’t prepared.

They finished the build, but still host the website. I can reach out to them to make changes. They went beyond simply building the site; they made recommendations for tools that would help me with my business, including some really good widgets. They also provided resources that help me make changes on my own.

I like the way they set their team. I had one point of contact from the beginning of the sales cycle to the end of the project. There were other people copied on our correspondence, but the lead was always the same.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

I looked for a company for a couple of months. Uproot provided the most reasonable price out of all the companies I contacted. They were also the least pushy or sales-oriented.

We spent $1,000, which included an extra page for free.

The whole project took place in March 2018. They still host the website for me and I can reach out to them to make changes.

We just wrapped up the project, so I don’t have statistics yet. People comment on how professional the website looks and how easy it is to navigate. I really like the layout and am very happy with the result. Looking at it as a customer would, it’s much less complicated and friendlier than a lot of big insurance companies’ sites. It’s exactly what I wanted.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive. I acted as project manager, which helped speed the process and may have improved their response times. We could also move faster with all the content prepared in advance.

We didn’t use project management tools but corresponded through a single email thread. That was a well-organized way to keep all the information in one place and track it from there.

Their turnaround time is really good. Their sales process was different from any other company I considered. They never bombarded me or put pressure on me. Instead, they told me what they could do for me and were happy to just answer my questions. They were patient and let me know they were there for me when I needed them. They were confident in their product and delivered a good proposal.

The proposal was good, but I think they could have been more specific within the scope. I would have liked better breakdowns of project milestones and what the process would look like.

Make sure you’re prepared. They will help with an idea, but they’re really there to make your website. Build a storyboard, write out your own content, and save yourself time and money.

They were very quick. They promised a short timeline and they stuck to it.
    They offered the best price out of the companies I interviewed.
    Their quality was great.
    I already recommend them.

Web Design & Social Media for Local Construction Company

“They built a personal relationship… Sharing extra information and knowledge with us solidified the partnership.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Establishing an online presence from scratch, Uproot developed a website, designed a social media strategy, and managed Facebook ads. They continue to host the site.

Georgia
Co-Owner, Campos Landscaping & Construction Services LLC

Return on investment was significant and immediate. The customer base has grown, including for larger contracts. Outside of direct services, Uproot provided extensive advice to help the client best approach social media marketing for the first time.

We’re a construction contracting company based in northwest Georgia.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

My father had local leads and clients that he had garnered over the years after he started the company. But we were struggling to acquire new clients to scale up to something larger. We thought that social media and Facebook ads could help us grow by reaching an audience we hadn’t yet targeted.

We met with Uproot to discuss our goals and how we could use an online presence to grow. They started by creating a landing page for us that could describe our services. They referred us to a freelance contractor for graphic design. They managed our social media and Facebook ads. Uproot also provided lots of advice about what they thought could help our company.

Summer is our busiest time. We wanted to have a lot of work coming into the summer so we reached out to them in the springtime to start immediately. We completed most of the work quickly. We’re working to scale now so don’t have a need for them, other than web hosting, which they continue to do. We will bring them back if we want to do a larger campaign on Facebook.

The co-founder is our main contact. They have a team of 4–5 colleagues including one who handles the social media campaigns.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

I found Uproot through a friend for whom they had done work that they were really happy with. I reached out to them and we had a meeting or two.

It was important to me that they’re local. Javier (Co-founder, Uproot) was also very knowledgeable in this market, which I felt we could benefit from. That sealed the deal for me.

We spent about $3,000 including $2,000 the first month and $500 or so the second.

We started working with them around February or March of last year. They’re only hosting our website at this point.

We saw a return on investment right away. We just finished work for a client we contacted us as a result of the Facebook ads. We had a budget of $2,000 a month and the first contract we received was for $3,5000.

We gained a number of new clients, small and large. We’re working with large companies—hotels and corporations—because we reached them through our social media accounts. For example, we targeted hotels within a 50–100-mile radius with our Facebook ads. With Uproot’s expertise and market knowledge, we were able to land larger contracts as an additional source of income that helps us to scale and expand our brand.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

They were reliable, engaged, and responsive to everything that I needed. They came to each meeting with new ideas for how to help us. I’m so busy with everything else. Having them handle the online presence alleviated stress.

The thing that stood out to me was the amount of knowledge they had in this particular field. I’m sure lots of other companies do the same market research and have teams who dedicate themselves to understanding your industry. Uproot certainly does their homework.

They built a personal relationship. This was helped by them being local. They also gave us extra advice and support, like referring us to the freelance graphic designer, whose work gave us credibility. Sharing extra information and knowledge with us solidified the partnership.

They’re transparent. They understood we needed a return on investment. They told us that, if we didn’t see any results, they would refund our money.

No - they were great and professional.

They’re transparent, reliable, and have lots of ideas. Be honest and straightforward with them about what you want in order to ensure good communication.

Overall Score They went out of their way to work with us. They're transparent and they work hard.
    They're extremely responsive.
    The costs they charged were insignificant compared to the revenue we build on a day-to-day basis.
    Execution was great. They stayed on top of it and did an excellent job.
    I would definitely recommend them and have already done so.

Digital Marketing & Web Design for Large Cell Phone Company

"Their blend of creative and critical thinking skills is difficult to find elsewhere."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Uproot managed digital marketing and social media campaigns in a larger effort to boost branding and web performance. Development work focused on an enhanced UI that appeals to younger users. Work is ongoing.

Atlanta Metro Area
Bryan Wilson
Senior Engagement Manager, AT&T

Informal testing generated positive feedback, but hard data is not available. Creative and critical skill sets have been advantageous to meeting high expectations in a proactive manner. Expect aggressive project management and energized workflows.

I’m a senior engagement manager at AT&T and I work on emerging technologies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

We needed a variety of services: branding, website clean-up, development, and marketing. Specifically, we wanted an enhanced UI that’s more approachable to younger users.

They project managed digital marketing through campaigns and social media. The team conducted market research and business analytics as well.

We had weekly meetings to review site mock-ups and testing. The meetings also focused on social media campaigns, email marketing, and survey information. The partnership has continued and work is ongoing.

We work with two main points of contact. Their team supplements expertise and skills as needed.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

A colleague recommended them, but I don’t know how they were found. I was told to contact and engage them.

While I didn’t see invoices, I estimate the cost to be $25,000 – $50,000.

Work started mid-2016 and is ongoing.

Although there are no hard metrics or analysis, we have positive feedback from informal user testing among company employees. We’re happy with their work and ability to meet our high expectations. They push people and have managed us as the client well. The team’s proactive approach keeps the process moving forward.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been excellent. We use Outlook, email, and telephone conference tools such as WebEx and Conference Bridge.

Their blend of creative and critical thinking skills is difficult to find elsewhere. In-house, we have great creatives that aren’t critical and engineers that aren’t creative. Uproot adds value by having both on one team.

This is hard to answer because I don’t handle the business side. As a result, I have an incomplete picture of their performance.

Be prompt and responsive with them. They prefer to do things quickly in an aggressive manner. Laid back clients frustrate them because there’s always on top of the project.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Fitness Facility

“If I needed anything, within 24 hours, he would be sitting in my office.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Uproot worked with a local gym to create a website and promote an online presence. The website was made from scratch and targets local fitness enthusiasts.

Calhoun, Georgia
James Sartin
CEO, TNU Fitness

The website was made from scratch and is maintained along with Facebook and Instagram. Uproot worked hand-in-hand with the gym and always responded to any inquiry within an hour or two.

I am the CEO of TNU Fitness.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

We needed to establish our online presence. It is a marketing tool that lets people know more about our services and what we offer. Our target market is simply fitness-minded people who are looking to be healthy.

We did not have any thoughts on what we wanted, but we worked closely with Javier and he made everything from scratch using WordPress. He taught me enough to go into the website and make any edits I need.

He has done some social media management in terms of making online advertisements and responding to reviews and comments. We had an existing Facebook page and he found ways to expand it and make it grow.

We only worked with Javier. He is young but he has the skills.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

We were looking at different companies but Javier reached out to us. I believe he was already working with other gyms in the area so he knew about us. We decided to go with him when he told us about how the website would just be a flat fee instead of monthly or annual.

We invested a little over $1000. They kept in mind the size of our company when quoting a price.

We started working with them around December of 2016 and the website was completed in a few weeks. Apart from occasional questions and a few scheduled social media advertisements, the project is finished.

We always get responses from our social media and other advertisements. Numerically, we get more than 1500 hits on Facebook, Instagram, and the website.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

We generally communicate through phone or email. There has never been a day that I have sent him a message and he did not respond back the same day. He would get back to us within an hour or two.

Their customer service and attentiveness to our needs were impressive. They would go above and beyond for things they were not even paid to do. They were very aware that my gym is a small business and not some big corporation.

Have a good understanding of what your goals are for a website. Knowing where you want to go will lead to quicker results, especially for people without experience in website marketing.

I was amazed how quickly they made a template for the website.
    I don’t think anyone else will build a website and help you maintain it at this price.
    They followed through on everything we needed.
    I have recommended them to other gyms in our city.

Digital Marketing & Branding for Mexican Restaurant

“They're incredibly creative and skilled at generating meaningful content that speaks directly to our customers.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Uproot provides digital marketing and branding support for a local independent restaurant. They handle social media content creation, publish posts, and engage with customers online.

Atlanta, Georgia
Thalia Torres
Social Media Coordinator, Taqueria Michocana

Since collaborating with Uproot, sales have increased over 20% and foot traffic at peak times is more consistent. Their creativity, dedication, and expertise have attracted additional customer demographics while accurately maintaining brand authenticity.

I work for a Mexican restaurant called Taqueria Michoacana. I handle our social media marketing and external events, and also provide support to our management and finance departments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

We had a solid business strategy, but we needed somebody who was well-versed in social media marketing to help us move to the next level and draw in a broader age range of customers.

Once we started working together, Javier Velasquez [Co-Founder, Uproot] laid out a simple plan for how we'd establish our brand online and generate content that would not only interest our existing clients but also attract new ones. They create all of the posts we share online and also post our content for us 3 times per week. In addition, they help us maintain our brand by responding to customer comments on our accounts. Javier then gives us regular updates on how our promotions are progressing and if they've been effective.

We worked directly with Javier, and then he managed the rest of his team.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

I met Javier through a friend, and his expertise was a very good fit for our organizational needs. We often receive marketing propositions that feel unrealistic, but he helped us recognize the value of consistent, concise social media marketing. We had previously done newspaper and radio marketing campaigns, but those never had an overwhelming impact, so we were hesitant to dedicate funds to a new medium, but he was very conscious about keeping the budget appropriate for a small business like ours.

We pay about $500 per month.

We started working with them in March of this year and the work is still ongoing.

We're seeing much better engagement on our social media platforms. Our Facebook rating is up to 4.9 stars now, for example, and before Uproot came in we only had half a dozen reviews. We've also seen a rise in clientele based on the results of social media shares from our existing customers.

One of the biggest improvements is that we're receiving more attention from teenagers and young adults. That was a demographic we didn't used to reach, but these clients are now treating us as a community space where they can enjoy good food and socialize.

As a result of this marketing, our revenue has increased 20 or 30% over the past 6 months, and we're seeing more consistent customer traffic from week to week. The additional engagement online has helped us extend our relationships with our clients and gives them more incentive to visit us in person, especially since it's a small community.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

Working with Javier is great because he's very hands-on with projects and ensures that everything is done correctly, even if it means interrupting midway through a project and making changes. We communicate via phone and in person, and I always felt like I received excellent customer service. But it's not just him — everyone at Uproot is very responsive when we need help, no matter what time of day it is.

They're incredibly creative and skilled at generating meaningful content that speaks directly to our customers. They’ve done a great job representing the authenticity of our brand.

They could be a little better about keeping us in the loop when a client earns a free promotional item online. It's part of our marketing campaign, but since we're not the ones checking the social media posts every day it's sometimes hard to know which customers are supposed to be receiving those items.

Trust their talent and experience, even though their team is very young, and don't let your ego get in the way of keeping an open mind. It's easy to feel possessive over your brand as a small business owner, but it may keep you from maximizing your potential.

I’d also suggest being patient and making sure you set realistic short- and long-term goals for growth, because even though social media feels instantaneous you won't see results immediately.

Overall Score They're personally invested in helping us grow and have delivered excellent customer service.
    Javier really understands the business model and makes sure everything gets done.
    This has been far less expensive than other forms of marketing we've tried, and we gained so much more from it.
    They've delivered great products and collaborated well with us.

Digital Marketing for Italian Restaurant Chain

"Rather than a set offering, they provide a customizable package and develop budgets to work within a clients' needs."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Lacking sufficient time to handle all marketing operations in-house, a restaurant chain contracted social media, reviews, and email blasts. Additional support included graphic design and client data analysis.

Atlanta Metro Area
Controller, Italian Restaurant Chain

Social media efforts increased likes by 75% and followers by 55%, Research indicated key metrics including competitors by area, critical times of day for client engagement. Locating trends in patron interests informed and specialized content production.

I handle corporate operations for are an Italian restaurant chain. I oversee all of our corporate stores and work to ensure our franchise relations are running smoothly.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uproot?

I lacked sufficient time to execute all of our company’s marketing. These efforts include e-mail blasts, monitoring review sites, and running social media channels like Facebook and Instagram. Rather than creating a new position in-house, it proved more affordable to outsource these services.

Executing our entire email blast service involves downloading client information from the host, uploading data to servers, and dissemination. I review emails before they’re sent out, and they'll make any requested changes prior. Their involvement goes beyond simply posting content. They thoroughly research our clients' interests and discuss those findings to help us best cater to our patrons.

In addition to refiling existing material, they develop wordage and write new copy for social media posts. Content production ranges from on-site photography to branding images with our logos and selected text. Graphic design specialists create logos and email templates based on holidays and promotions. Branding work includes to-go cards, Uber orders, and event materials.

We have a dedicated account manager. We communicate mostly by phone and email, and she’s photographed several functions we’ve held. We’ve also interacted with the founder, Javier. Having multiple points of contact and one main reference has been a successful dynamic. I never feel like I’m speaking to a random person every time the phone picks up.

How did you come to work with Uproot?

We’d worked previously with Ana Maria, who had joined Uproot while we were seeking contractors. We met to discuss pricing, which aligned with our budget. The customized fit and options they provided really made them stand out.

We’ve spent between $7,000 to $8,000 in total, across all three of our locations. The monthly retainer is usually $400 per location, and they offer a multi-location discount.

We started working with them in May 2017, and our engagement is ongoing.

Their monthly email reports document progress. In the past month, likes have increased by 75%, post engagement by 30%, and followers by 55%. The reach has decreased by 20%, but remains in an acceptable bracket. Implementing interactive links and coupons saw greater actions on the page. Graph charts indicate this growth is mostly organic.

The report also indicates what times of day yield the best results. Our clientele seems to favor the 11:00AM hour, before lunch. Our post interaction spikes right after work, around dinner. These metrics also show our main competitors per area and indicate our rankings. We’ve increased two spots, and are trying to further improve.

How did Uproot perform from a project management standpoint?

I have no complaints so far. Their correspondence is thorough, and they respond to emails in a timely fashion. Organized and forward-thinking, they send me regular email reminders about upcoming projects. This morning, I got my second inquiry about our Veterans Day strategy. I love that they work proactively when I can’t be in touch, rather than waiting for directions.

Their attention to detail makes them a valuable asset, and their flexible costs have proved invaluable. Rather than a set offering, they provide a customizable package and develop budgets to work within a clients' needs. Rather than saying "This is what we do," they ask, "What can we do to help you?"

Meeting in person to review analytics would prove helpful. It’s difficult to review them via email without an explanation and context.

I definitely suggest exploring all the services that they offer. Decide which ones to discard based on results and experience, rather than saying “no” right away. For example, they offer additional services we did not pursue, like SEO and PPC management.

They're very cost effective compared to their competitors.