Boutique Branding and Graphic Design Studio

User-centric branding solutions for creators and innovators to build memorable brands that are loved and trusted.

Bartlett, IL
  • 1364 Newcastle Ln
    Bartlett, IL 60103

Simply Smita

BRANDING | Melrose Partners Designs Image

BRANDING | Melrose Partners Designs

A rich, unique and meaningful brand identity that fully resonates with the impeccable work of Chicago’s finest new luxury real estate firm.

We carried out extensive research to study the real estate space, mindset and expectations of the ideal end users of our client to come up with an identity + visual language that would speak to them and spark interest. Also, we created the website and collateral designs for

this brand that are visually + emotionally consistent with the brand’s voice.

Melrose Partners Designs immediately started garnering attention soon after the brand launched and the first set of marketing material rolled out resulting is lead generation and appointment requests.

Branding | Simply Smita Image

Branding | Simply Smita

In the heart of downtown Chicago, thrives Simply Smita - an organic, handmade and socially conscious beauty brand built with positive intent of making a difference to the world. Each product is nothing but love. Love for the body, love for the environment and love for the world.

We wanted to create something that would stay and be an important part of Simply Smita’s visual existence for the years to come. So working

together with the maker and co-founder, Smita, discussing her vision and strategizing over her hand drawn doodles is how we started the journey. Perfecting the ideas, we thoughtfully created an identity for the brand which is being used across the all platforms - e-book, media kit, print collateral and to every new product line added.

With a confident appearance and strong brand values, Simply Smita products have (since launch in Sept 2016) entered 14 local mom and pop shops in Illinois, Denver, Massachusetts and New York. The products are selling well on online platforms, through wholesalers and in person at the top craft shows in and around Chicago!

BRANDING | Splendid Works Of Art Image

BRANDING | Splendid Works Of Art

The lovely and creative owner of Splendid Works Of Art based in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly makes handmade crochet earrings and accessories for the fun, hippie and holistic women. She uses high quality cotton threads and yarn of various sizes to create her splendid designs both - ready to buy and custom.

We got together with our client and created a new look and feel for Splendid Works Of Art. Taking cue from the

maker’s design style, we identified a ribbed yarn pattern design that she created for almost every product. That combined with modern chic typography and feminine color palette, we created a visual identity and style guide that would be a spotlight for the brand going forward.

Timeless branding that gives a sophisticated vibe to the products and attracts the audience with a neat look not just on the digital space but on the packaging as well resulting in increased sales.

BRANDING | Legacy Lending Partners Image

BRANDING | Legacy Lending Partners

Legacy Lending Partners, a firm created by a father - son team who are serial entrepreneurs. Based in the greater Chicago area, this firm is an end to end financial services provider for medium and small businesses with a unique touch. Not just finance, they provide business consultancy and complete guidance for business owners starting on a new entrepreneurial journey.

Carefully diagnosing and researching the pain

points of first time business owners and seasoned entrepreneurs, we decided to highlight the business advisory aspect of the offerings. Legacy Lending Partners being a part of their clients’ teams and providing valuable insights and business hacks, was made to be their mission statement. With creative copy writing, engaging call to actions and a consistent look and feel, we created Legacy Lending Partners’s visual + emotional identity that reflects on their digital and print space.

The brand has been soft launched and business owners have already warmed up to the idea behind Legacy Lending Partners’s existence.

Logo Design for Organic Body Care & Wellness Brand

"She’s passionate about your passions."

July 2017 - Sept.

Based on provided sketches, Twelve and Twenty Eight designed a logo for an organic body care and wellness company. The team developed several AI versions and adjusted content according to feedback.

Smita Kishore
CEO, Simply Smita

Twelve and Twenty Eight delivered a recognizable logo that accurately represents the brand and has been well received by clients. The team was responsive and turned products around rapidly to meet a critical deadline. They were committed to the project goals, which enabled additional engagement.

I’m the co-founder and president of Simply Smita. This is an organic body care and wellness company. We sell organic, environmentally conscious, and ethically made body care products that I hand-make. As well, we have a wellness blog that covers a lot of green living and mindful living topics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Twelve and Twenty Eight?

I wanted a logo design. My husband and I do a lot of our design but had been struggling with graphic design. I had pages and pages of hand-scribbled art and couldn’t come to a place where I felt happy.

I told Twelve and Twenty Eight about our brand and handed her five pages of my scribbles. I communicated that I wanted the logo to be green with leaves and an ‘S.’ Then, she created three AI versions of potential logos. I liked one of them but wanted a slight adjustment. Within a couple of days, she adapted the design. We had one phone call in-between because she wanted to make sure that she hit everything we wanted. The first design she handed back’s still our logo today. A year later, I hired Twelve and Twenty Eight again to design my media kit. That’s what I give to wholesalers and includes all my product information, ingredient breakdown, and where people can find me.

We worked with just one person, the co-founder—Ridha (Co-Founder and Brand Designer, Twelve and Twenty Eight).

How did you come to work with Twelve and Twenty Eight?

I was introduced to Twelve and Twenty Eight through my cousin who knew the founder. I met with Ridha in person and felt confident in her abilities right away. She really heard what I had to say and believed in the business. She wanted to give me exactly what I wanted not what she wanted as a designer. I felt that she had my best interest at heart.

We were one of their first customers so we got a good deal. We spent a couple of hundred dollars.

We were in a time crunch, so she came up with the logo quickly. At most, the project took about a month. Twelve and Twenty Eight started in the summer of 2017 and the labels were printed in time for our launch in September.

The logo’s on all of our products and everybody has loved it. People recognize our brand in the ‘S’ and the leaves. It symbolizes what we stand for. It’s earthy, organic, and natural, so we get a great response to it. Our logo is my favorite part of our branding. I love it. I was amazed that she was able to take my chicken scratch because my ideas were all over the place.

How did Twelve and Twenty Eight perform from a project management standpoint?

We were on a time crunch and Twelve and Twenty Eight finished the project earlier than expected. I was impressed by how she created the logo so quickly. She was prompt in her responses. After I received the logo, I needed a separate size for the logo. I got a reply that day and received the product that week. She was easy to work with and a quick communicator.

She’s passionate about your passions. Her passion is design, which she puts into her work and art. She believes in small businesses and wants to help them shine. It worked really well for me.

Honestly, no. I’ve been so happy with her that I’ve worked with her twice already in the past couple of years.

It’s important to meet in person. If you’re not local, set up a video or phone call to communicate what you want and make sure that she understands the goal of the project. Once she connects to the heart of the project she excels.

We were on a very tight time crunch and we had no issues deadlines.
    I’ve given them a lot of referrals because I’ve been so happy with their work.

Design for Financial Website

"They provided guidance and references to improve our goals."

July - Sept. 2019

Twelve and Twenty Eight created a detailed color palette for the UI/UX of a financial service company’s website.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Pritesh "Tesh"​ Gandhi
CEO, Legacy Lending Partners

The project was successful and Twelve and Twenty Eight met all project requirements. Their team made adjustments when necessary, making them very easy to work with. Communication between the two teams was easy.

Legacy Lending Partners is a financial services provider for lending and business brokering for small to mid-sized companies. I am the CEO of the company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Twelve and Twenty Eight?

Website UX / UI Design

Create a company color palette, user experience that expresses the brand goals, and provide total user interface design elements of the website to the developers

After speaking with Ridha and her ability to understand my needs, I was assured that everything would be done with the utmost quality and at the level that I would be ecstatic.

Twelve and Twenty Eight discussed my ideas regarding the brand. They gathered business and design requirements. They provided a detailed color palette of primary and secondary colors and fonts that we would utilize. We had discussions with the developers and marketing team. We had a shared file that was utilized by all project members. Ridha provided design directions and detailed descriptions of how exactly the layout and feel of the website needed to be. Everything was continuously discussed and adjusted until the brand shined from the design of the website.

1. Developers 2. Design UX / UI 3. Marketing Team 4. Business Client

The project was a complete success. We were very impressed by the ability that Ridha had in gathering the requirements and executing exactly what was envisioned by us. She was easy to work with and always great to take input and make proper adjustments. They provided guidance and references to improve our goals.

It was effective. Communication was seamless.

Execution to make the brand goals and design goals come together.