Surprisingly Nimble℠

We provide quality design, video, and development for a fair price which benefits each company we work with. Communication is key. We listen to you, understand your market, and design for the brand you built, making you and your product memorable. We win when you and your brand succeed. We’re fiercely creative, proudly dependable and surprisingly nimble℠.

Lawrence, KS
  • 4725 Woodland Dr.
    Lawrence, KS 66049

WatchGuard Video, Dell, Microsoft, Capitol One, Sprint, Geico, Kansas University, GetOut, Ainstein, Instructional Coaching Group, Natural Medical Care, Idyllwild Inn, CCSESA, Lou & Co.
Greenhouse Cafe  Image

Greenhouse Cafe

Package design and UI design for Greenhouse Cafe.

Search Response Image

Search Response

A new brand and web app for a technical search and response team. Specifically for black-box retrieval and information retrieval from crash sites on both land and sea.

Upload Anywhere

A clip of our #motion#design work for WatchGuard. #artdirection & #video #animationwith #c4d and #ae. Upload your footage anywhere. Drone footage support thanks to Harbor.

By Invitation Only Image

By Invitation Only

By invitation only final screens. Elegant iOS recipe filter app design and UI design. For Chef’s and Foodies to help decide recipes for a series of online recipe ebooks and paid online content. Algorithm gives Chef’s a slight advantage over the Foodies choices. Broken into sections of Breakfast, Appetizers, Main Dishes, and Desserts.

Greenhouse Image

Greenhouse

A unique church doing life together in Lawrence, KS. Their mission: Grow disciples who come together often and dig deep in order to plant a culture that serves our city and reproduces disciples.

The church loves to serve the city. They ask the question; if GreenHouse was gone would the city notice?

This 6 year old church has just purchased a building in downtown Lawrence and is converting an old Buffalo Wild

Wings into a front café and the main meeting area inside. The building has an upper business wing that has been converted into Youth Ministries spaces.

Apline X009

Alpine X009 in dash UI controls.  Screen shown is climate control with in-seat air conditioning. All icons and UI design are custom made by TriLion.

Highlight Image

Highlight

Highlight iOS / Android application design for realtors. You can easily select your address if you are working with more listings (usually) and quickly update the specifications on the listing.  Included many nice features including: quick quotes available through multiple lenders for home owners.

Concierge App Image

Concierge App

Mobile app for Cerner concierge service.  The app made it easy to add and locate heath referrals and ID cards. A linear history made it easy to scroll and view case history.

Breakout KC Image

Breakout KC

Matt one of the owners of Breakout is an incredible guy and we’ve always wanted to work with him.  When he approached me we basically said “yes” before he had a chance to finish asking us.   Working with Jordan their web guy was wonderful and he really helped us have a smooth design and build.  We got to see behind the scenes and how much thought and time goes into each escape room they design and build.  If you have a chance

we highly recommend going with a group and having a blast!

“TriLion was amazing to work with. Enthusiastic, knowledgable, and FAST. I couldn’t send assets to them fast enough or even request a change/edit before it was already done. Very happy with the work they do. Highly recommended.”

Lawrence Dental Studio Image

Lawrence Dental Studio

Local rules! It was so fun to get to know the Salava’s and to get to consult from the start on their branding. We had to shift the branding due to a retiring member, but will probably push the brand further with our original tooth mark as the business grows up and expands. By utilizing TriLion for all parts of their brand start and online presence, Lawrence Dental Studio is getting a huge initial marketing push.

Dr. Heather Nelson Image

Dr. Heather Nelson

What the heck is a vocologist you say? Vocology is the science and practice of vocal habilitation. Its concerns include the nature of speech and language pathology, the defects of the vocal tract (laryngology), the remediation of speech therapy, and the voice training (voice therapy) and voice pedagogy of song and speech for actors and public speakers.

Dr. Heather Nelson is an old friend and yes you guessed it, an

incredible singer. She received her Doctorate from KU and is currently practicing in Missouri as a Vocologist. We were excited to take on this challenge brand and are excited to see how she will use the marks to build her growing practice.
Dog Care Image

Dog Care

Dog Care LLC is a local Kansas City company jumping into the dog care industry. They manufacture premium flea and tick insecticide products. They were doing this for other companies (that you probably know) but decided to sell direct to the community. We have had the opportunity to do the full brand package, packaging, and web site to give them a solid foundation to launch!

NBKC Fintech Image

NBKC Fintech

nbkc bank approached us to brand the new startup incubator Fountain City (KC) Fintech.  It was an honor to be able to help bring new businesses and opportunities to Kansas City.

Inside Out Remodeling Image

Inside Out Remodeling

Serious on their work and full of laughter when on the job.  These guys are legit and do incredible work.  My job was to come up with a solid mark that would last for years and years that showed they worked not only on the outside of a house, but the inside as well. It's been well received!

Portfolio Image

New LaCroix logo work and packaging for the base 14 flavors for Design Recharge Patreon Beverage Packaging. La Croix's logo and packaging had become so dated, we were excited to take a crack at the redesign. We like most of their products as well!

By using the old mark but cleaning it up and simplifying the mark, we were able to make it easier to read at different sizes, but have the same whimsical feel.

Web Design for Intelligence System Company

"The quality of their work and his honesty in recording his working hours."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

TriLion Studios redesigned a website for an intelligence system company. The team was also responsible for rebranding the company, creating brand guidelines, and building tradeshow fixtures.

Lawrence, Kansas
Sheen Xiao
Director of Operations, Ainstein.ai

The web design met the expectations of the internal team. TriLion Studios produces quality work in an efficient manner, sticking to the guidelines set by the client. The team is honest, hard-working, and talented.

Ainstein is a young technology company that's growing fast. I'm leading the business side of the company, title Director of Operations. I'm in charge of sales, marketing, finance, project management, HR, etc.

For what projects/services did your company hire TriLion Studios?

I'm the first person at the company that doesn't do coding or technology development. When I joined the company, the company desperately need an polished online presence, the first project I hired TriLion to do is to create a brand of Ainstien, including brand guideline, Ainstein web site, Ainstein branded datasheet, tradeshow fixtures, and more.

Create a polished and professional image of Ainstein

TriLion has worked with Ainstein previously on a different brand. After doing research on other potential studios in the area, I decided to continue with TriLion. It's because of their affordability, flexible in the size of the project, and of course Brian's expertise in graphic design and web development.

To kick off the project, I shared with Brian the high-level messages in bullet points (markets we're going after, products we're selling, characteristics of the company, etc). Brian was able to quickly digest, and we talked on the phone for a couple of times to align on the web architecture, layout. The Brian gets to work. I'm always impressed by his design, always clean, very polished, it makes our small company looks very big.

I worked primarily with Brian White.

You may check out his work on our company site, Ainstein.ai.

Brian was quick in understanding my needs and wants, and come back with proposals more or less in line with our expectations. Therefore, it's very efficient for working with Brian.

The quality of their work and his honesty in recording his working hours. Also his dedication to his charity.

If he can have a quality SEO expert on his team, I won't need to search for other firms.

Branding & Website for Restaurant Parent Company

"TriLion Studios had no issue incorporating the elements we wanted."

Sept. 2018 - Sept. 2019

TriLion Studios developed a WordPress website as part of a branding partnership. They added product listings and provided site management training.

Lawerence, Kansas
Matt Pool
Owner, RPG

They delivered a fast and mobile-responsive website with an intuitive UX. TriLion Studios is a knowledgeable and reliable team that delivers on time.

I own a restaurant, pub, and board game library called RPG (Restaurant, Pub, and Games).

What challenge were you trying to address with TriLion Studios?

We wanted to showcase our brand to the community. I had some web development experience, but I wanted someone with more experience than I had so that I could focus on my business.

We’d previously worked with a separate branding professional, so we gave them that package and talked about the voice, focus, and intent behind the website. I previously had a landing page website with basic information such as links and social media.

They created a clean, fast, and easily navigable website using WordPress and hosted on SiteGround. Features included food and cocktail menus and a board game list. They also helped me better understand how the site itself functions so that I could take over site management after launch. As part of that, they also trained me on the backend.

I only worked with one team member.

How did you come to work with TriLion Studios?

I’ve known him for a while through my church. I knew he was a reliable web developer and that we would have a good rapport.

We’ve spent $5,000 in total.

We worked together from Sept. 2018–Sept. 2019.

The site runs very quickly because its theme is built to load very fast. It’s responsive and looks great on mobile, tablet, and desktop. TriLion Studios had no issue incorporating the elements we wanted.

How did TriLion Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication was excellent. We stayed in touch mainly through email with a couple of phone calls and a couple of face-to-face meetings. Our communication schedule was built into the partnership and based around how often we needed to discuss requirements and changes.

They communicated quickly and efficiently and delivered our project in a short amount of time.

No, we’re very satisfied.

Be as communicative and detail-oriented as possible. Explain your vision and what your goals are. They’re good at interpreting that to make it work in a web setting.

Branding & Logo Design for Speech Therapy Practice

It was everything I could’ve hoped for in my first experience with branding.”

Nov. - Dec. 2016

TriLion Studios delivered branding materials and a logo for a speech therapy practice. Following an intensive brand questionnaire and a feedback process, the team lead produced a comprehensive design packet.

Lawrence, Kansas
Founder & Owner, Pure Speech Therapy

TriLion Studios’ designs perfectly captured the client’s personality. The new materials have transformed the business, enabling the owner to create her own website. The team lead proved to be outstandingly perceptive to the client’s vision and was very communicative throughout the process.

I’m the founder of a private speech therapy practice.

What challenge were you trying to address with TriLion Studios?

I enlisted TriLion Studios’ services when I was just starting as a company. I wanted to create a logo for my business and was also seeking some other marketing resources.

After engaging Brian (Founder, TriLion Studios) for his logo and branding services, he sent me a questionnaire. It was an in-depth packet that analyzed my business goals. He wanted to make sure that his work reflected my personality and my practice.

He would give me a phone call every few days and provide me with proofs. I would give him feedback on his designs, and within a month he had configured an entire logo pack and color scheme.

The package included social media components—visual branding tools I could implement on different outlets. The files had different logos and images that I could use for my website or Facebook profile.

I just worked with Brian.

How did you come to work with TriLion Studios?

Brian happens to live in my neighborhood. I saw his work online and inquired about his services.

I spent a total of $3500.

It was a month-long engagement from November to December of 2016.

Brian delivered perfect logos that capture the exact personality I wanted. Since I work with children, the bright colors on a white background were exactly what I was looking for—even though I didn’t really know it. I still use and cherish the materials he gave me.

Brian’s logo work has inspired me to branch off to designing my own website. It looks extremely professional, and my clients have given me positive feedback on the aesthetic of my materials.

How did TriLion Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed perfectly. Brian served as a helpful guide during the early stages of my business. He would give me his honest opinion, even if it meant pushing back on an inclination, and maintained open communication throughout. He was very clear and timely about deadlines and was able to deliver the product by the end of the year, which was perfect timing.

Brian has a sixth sense for what you really want. Although I didn’t have a clear picture in my head of what I was looking for, something clicked when I saw his design. It was perfect. He’s incredibly genuine and perceptive to your needs. What’s more, he has the confidence and technical ability to take the product from concept to reality.

I can’t think of anything. It was everything I could’ve hoped for in my first experience with branding.

Take the branding questionnaire very seriously, and think about how you want your business to be perceived.

He delivered a magical product on short notice.
    He accommodated all of my needs.
    I’ve recommended him several times.

Branding & Web Design for Dog Care Company

"Brian has a pretty unique perspective thanks to his vast experience."

Sep. 2018 - Apr. 2019

TriLion Studios handled branding and website development for the company and used the brand guidelines to create retail packaging while adhering to strict industry regulations.

Olathe, Kansas
Rich Rose
President, Dog Care LLC

Their founder’s direct involvement resulted in a customized website that exceeded all initial expectations. TriLion Studios is not only easy to work with thanks to their streamlined management style but also applies their knowledge to the best of their ability to create a unique end product.

I’m the president of Dog Care LLC. We’re an organization that sells dog care items, specifically flea and tick insecticide products.

What challenge were you trying to address with TriLion Studios?

We were looking for assistance with branding, website development, and product retail packaging development, and hire TriLion Studios for the task.

They did complete branding and development work for us, and the brand guidelines turned into retail packaging. These products are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency, so there are lots of rules and regulations involved and TriLion Studios helped us meet all of them. The website was basically a complete custom project.

I worked solely with Brian (Founder, TriLion Studios).

How did you come to work with TriLion Studios?

I found them online while I was looking for designers in the Kansas City area. We wanted to hire locally because we prefer being able to have in-person meetings. After contacting Brian, I really liked that I would be dealing only with him and another assistant.

I also liked how he scheduled the project in such a way as to not have too much stuff happening at all once. He was trying to schedule everything so he could work on our project at a good pace and have it ready when we needed it done, which I appreciated a lot.

We spent around $30,000.

We worked together from September 2018–April 2019.

We are delighted with the website. We had goals for how we wanted things to look and TriLion Studios helped us figure out exactly how to exceed them.

How did TriLion Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Brian was great and I really enjoyed working with him. We met several times and often communicated through email.

Brian has a pretty unique perspective thanks to his vast experience. Applying that perspective to the industry we’re in is pretty unique in itself. It’s a huge deal for us because it had helped our products stand out compared to others in the same market.

No. We are satisfied.

Clients need to figure out their plan and deadlines. Give TriLion Studios a month to work that into their schedule. I did that and it worked perfectly.

Web Redesign and Dev for Escape Room Company

"They took a lot of the guesswork out on our side.”

Mar. - May 2017

TriLion designed and developed a website integrated with Bookeo, a booking software. The website accepts payments and streamlines the booking process.

Kansas City Metro Area
CEO, Escape Room Company

TriLion delivered a polished website in just six weeks. They were excellent at assessing the site’s needs from both customer and technical standpoints. Customers can expect great design skills and a well-prepared team.

I’m the founder and CEO of an escape room company. We have one of the higher-volume escape room companies in the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with TriLion Studios?

When we first started our business, we had an out-of-the-box design that served us well for the first year and a half. When we finally got the chance to reevaluate our systems, we assessed that having a better website was one of our main priorities.

We were looking for a website that would make it really simple to accept payments. We wanted to make it really seamless and to minimize clicks, while also maximizing information. We also wanted to ensure that our booking process was really straightforward.

They worked on the frontend and backend of our website. We use Bookeo, which is arguably one of the best booking softwares in the country. That being said, it’s also very clunky and doesn’t have an education sector of their product to show people how to use it. They spent a lot of time on our booking platform and made sure it integrated really well with the rest of our website.

We worked with Brian (Founder & Creative Director, TriLion Studios) and one other contact.

How did you come to work with TriLion Studios?

As a small business, you want to work with people that you trust. I didn’t know what I needed, so it was great to work with Brian; I had already met him and I already had a sense of trust with him.

We spoke with other places to do our web design, but we were always given a 6-8-month timeline. When we spoke with Brian, his timeline was 1-2 months, which almost seemed too good to be true. The price was also ideal.

We’ve invested between $6,500–$7,500.

We started in March 2013 and were done in May 2013.

It passes the gut-check test. We have six different brands, and the TriLion site served as a template for our other brands’ websites. It’s made the rest of our web development go so much faster and more seamlessly than I would’ve anticipated.

How did TriLion Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic from a project management standpoint. We used Slack to communicate, which was great because I could get a good level of visibility on the work being completed and keep up with the team.

They have a good eye for design. Brian was able to look at our website, as a consumer would, and give us suggestions on how our site should function. In many ways, it’s like we had a designer and a consultant working with us at the same time. They took a lot of the guesswork out on our side.

I could tell that Brian was actually invested in our success and cared about what we’re doing. He had done his homework before he even started, which we appreciated.

We did have to make some adjustments after the site launched, but I’m not sure if that had to do with personal preference, or with the timeline.

I think it would be helpful to have a three month or six-month checkup, after our launch; it seemed like a clean break when we were done working.

Potential customers, who want to complete their projects in just six weeks, should be prepared for a lot of communication. They should also be prepared to give a lot of feedback. I think if we were unable to give feedback in real-time, the website would’ve taken 8-12 weeks.

It’s a false assumption to think you’re going to just give instructions and receive a perfect website. If you’re willing to set aside an hour or so per day, just to make sure that you know everyone is staying on track, you’re going to be in good shape with TriLion.

Video Production for Healthcare Startup

"I still have people asking me about the video, and I frequently refer them to TriLion Studios."

Feb. 2013 - Mar. 2013

TriLion Studios produced an explainer video for a healthcare product. The team created graphics, sound, and scripts for the video, all within a short timeline.

Leawood, Kansas
Brian Killen
Former CTO, eLuminate Health

The video garnered praise at an innovation conference, and many viewers have applauded its high production value. TriLion Studios’ ability to accurately decipher the core message of a product sets them apart from other vendors. Customers can expect a flexible, experienced, and dedicated partner.

I was the CTO of eLuminate Health, a startup that provides price transparency on medical imaging for self-insured companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire TriLion Studios?

We needed a short video — somewhere between 45 and 60 seconds in duration — to help market our product to our customers.

We wanted a video that we could use to engage with potential customers and business partners. Initially, we requested the video be made within a short window of time because we wanted to use it for an innovation conference.

I’d used TriLion Studios before on several other projects, and each was a success. I chose to partner with them again because of their professionalism and their comprehensive skill set.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

They created a video advertisement that gave a complete overview of our newest product. TriLion's staff worked on graphics, sound, and script in parallel to meet our tight deadline. They produced several iterations before submitting a final version.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

They sent mockups of the video every day via Google Drive. They also shared scripts with us over email.

TriLion Studios completed the project within a week, and the video became a crucial part of our award-winning presentation at an innovation conference. After the conference, we started using the video for outbound marketing and face-to-face sales presentations.

We received multiple comments about the high production value of the video, and many people wondered how we were able to afford such a professional video with a startup budget. I still have people asking me about the video, and I frequently refer them to TriLion Studios.

There was a project manager who coordinated the information flow between my team and the different producers from their side.

The team at TriLion Studios has a wide range of skills. I've used them for video production and mobile and web graphics for projects both big and small.

The quality of their work is second to none, and they’ve always been able to understand the message that I've wanted to communicate. For every project that I’ve done with them, TriLion Studios has matched their output to my vision and goals while staying within the parameters of my budget.

No vendor is perfect, but I’m not sure how TriLion Studios could improve. They addressed every issue that surfaced and always righted the situation.

Website Refresh for Educational Organization

“They had a personal touch to their partnership, making it a positive experience from start to finish.”

July 2018 - Mar. 2019

TriLion Studios revamped a WordPress website, making the design and branding more cohesive. They distributed a branding questionnaire to gather information and inform the site design.

Sacramento, California
Ravenna Legare
Executive Assistant, CCSESA

TriLion Studios had a professional and friendly staff that met project goals and provided excellent customer service. They were always available when needed, and everyone says the new site looks much better.

I’m the assistant to the director of communications at the California County Superintendent Educational Services Association (CCSESA).

What challenge were you trying to address with TriLion Studios?

Our website was old and not very user-friendly, so we wanted to revamp it. We initially hired TriLion Studios to come up with a new design and make our brand more cohesive.

We gave TriLion Studios complete control over our creative design, with the caveat that they had to check in with us. They issued a branding questionnaire to figure out what our brand meant to the wider audience, and then they used that information to create the design. We also showed them a website we liked, and they used that for inspiration. From there, the team built the WordPress site, ensuring that it was mobile friendly.

We had one main point of contact.

A partner referred them.

We spent between $10,000–$50,000.

The partnership lasted from July 2018–March 2019.

Everyone says the site is nice, refreshed, and much more dynamic than the old version. We didn’t have many people accessing the old site on mobile devices, so people are impressed with how good it looks on their phones.

How did TriLion Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was responsive, friendly, and well organized. They had efficient management and let us know what they were working on and what was coming up. We used Dropbox to share documents, and they had a program that allowed us to see their designs. If there were any scheduling issues, they’d let us know well ahead of time.

I was always able to talk to a real person whenever I needed. They had a personal touch to their partnership, making it a positive experience from start to finish.

We had some technical difficulties with a few Dropbox files, but it was quickly resolved.