Keep Your Goals on Track!

Based in Royal Oak, MI, Trademark Productions is a web development & design and digital marketing agency that has been rockin' the web since well-before the cool kids were doing it.

In an era when everyone is a web developer, SEO ninja, or social media guru, we stick to one of our founding principles: providing honest and experienced advice that generates real-world results. You’ll get a trustworthy assessment of your website and digital marketing needs, along with a strategic plan to get you where you’re trying to go.

1998
Royal Oak, MI
  • 309 S. Main St.
    Royal Oak, MI 48067

Web Dev & Maintenance for Pizza Company

"They meet deadlines, even when we throw them some curveballs."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Trademark Productions developed a new website for a pizza delivery company. They used several languages including JavaScript, jQuery, and HTML.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
James Comiskey
VP of Strategy & Business Intelligence, Cottage Inn Pizza

As a result of Trademark Productions’ work, the client has seen great success with online orders. The site is high-quality and incorporates customized tools. Customers can expect a responsive and organized team.

I’m the VP of business intelligence and strategy at a pizza parlor that offers quick service and delivery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

We wanted to revamp our website since it was over five years old.

They built us a new website essentially from scratch because our previous website wasn’t very functional. They used Javascript, jQuery, HTML, among other programming languages.

Currently, they manage our website to monitor for any potential issues with loading and functionality.

My main point of contact was Miranda (Account Manager). There were several other team members that worked on it including Tyler (Creative Director).

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

We interviewed about five different companies. I founded Trademark online through Google and I saw that they’d worked with other pizza companies. Additionally, they had the strongest pitch.

We’ve invested about $60,000-$70,000.

I think we started working together in December 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I did Lighthouse testing on our previous site and our new site. Our old site had a score of 20, but now we have a score of 90. We’ve seen an improvement in online sales as well.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They meet deadlines, even when we throw them some curveballs. If there are delays, it’s usually a result of last-minute changes we’ve made. Miranda is extremely responsive and always available to me.

They built some customized features for us. For example, we have a tool on our site where you can put in how many people you have and it will calculate how much pizza you should order.

They’ve also educated us on how the website works. When I’ve gone into the website and messed something up, they’ve come back and explained what happened and showed me how to fix it.

It would be nice if they did even more live demonstrations. We recently visited their office for a Google workshop, and I would love to have more opportunities similar to that.

Be clear about what you want. If you aren’t specific, you’ll create more work for them. For example, there have been instances where I’ve given vague instructions and they delivered far more than what I wanted.

We’re going to use them for another website development project soon.

Web Dev & Design for Healthcare Engineering Organization

"They brought speed and robust capabilities while managing the relationship with minimal different parties involved."

Apr. - Oct. 2019

Trademark Productions redeveloped and designed a website for a healthcare engineering organization. The team updated the 20-year old website to be easier to use and updated.

Samantha Russo Ardelean
Director, SMSHE Healthcare

The new website has recieved positive feedback on its eye-catching design and usability. Trademark Productions establishes a smooth workflow, providing clients with a single point of contact to streamline communication. The team is creative, hard-working, and professional.

SMSHE is a healthcare engineering organization that supports facility engineers with top trends in facility maintenance, energy usage, code compliance, etc.. I am the volunteer manager of the Communications, Website, and Marketing committee. We manage social media presences, newsletters, forward-facing communications to members and potential new members.

For what projects/services did your company hire Trademark Productions?

Our website was about 20 years old, was continually crashing, and was very poorly managed. We wanted a fresh start that would bring us a fresh start with a clean look and streamlined process for event registration and more to our clients.

To launch a new easy to use and easy to maintain website that was more sophisticated and upscale than the cheap template websites you can purchase from WordPress for $50.

They had rave reviews from industry peers, locally owned and operated, and very easy to communicate with.

New website launch for a nonprofit professional organization.

We had the same project team from start to finish. We worked with Tyler as our creative director and Miranda as our project manager. Miranda was a lifesaver, she was always easy to get ahold of, she made the process easy, fun, and less cumbersome. Most marketing launch initiatives I've been apart of tend to feel like a root canal on a backcountry road and there was none of that with the TM team.

Aside from our beautiful website? And all of our members commenting on how much more user friendly it is? No.

Very.

They brought speed and robust capabilities while managing the relationship with minimal different parties involved. Single point of contact was huge.

Price? Who doesn't say that though.

Web & E-Commerce Dev for Industrial Manufacturing Co

"Their team spends a significant amount of time with us and gives us ideas."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Trademark Productions updated and developed several WordPress sites to improve the web presence for a manufacturing company. From scratch, they built e-commerce and static sites following design guidelines.

Croswell, Michigan
Mikel Faulk
Creative Director, Cotterman Company

Trademark Productions executed a satisfying redesign that garners positive feedback from users and established an improved digital presence. The team delivered an e-commerce product that contributes to increased sales. They are prompt and transparent, supporting continued collaboration.

I’m the creative director of a manufacturing company. We’re three companies together. Cotterman builds industrial steel and aluminum ladders. Conveyor Components Company builds conveyor safety equipment and material. Material Control’s an offshoot of conveyor components.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

We wanted to update our website from our outdated look. One firm started on the project, but we weren’t happy with their services.

Trademark Productions worked with existing code to update one of our WordPress websites. We then had them build an e-commerce site based in WordPress, which they did from scratch. While they focused on development, their team worked on the design too. Our team provided mockups and approved any changes but also asked Trademark Productions about best practices because of their team’s experience. We trusted their judgment.

Their team built another website that looks nice but wasn’t expensive to create. We wanted a basic WordPress website because the original platform was essentially a PDF stuck up on the web.

We have a maintenance program with Trademark Productions. Their team’s constantly working on an assignment for us.

There are usually 5–6 people involved in our projects. Our main point of contact’s Danielle (Account Manager) but we talked to everyone including Tyler (Creative Director), Miranda (Account Manager), and Dwight (Founder).

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

Our project manager searched for web developers in Michigan. Trademark Productions kept popping up. We read about them and liked what they said. For example, they talked about how they help people who poured money into an ineffective website. We were interested in that message and talked with them. We liked their critiques of our website because we were critical of it too. They seemed to be the right fit.

We started working with Trademark Productions in September 2018 and the engagement's ongoing.

In less than a year, the e-commerce site that Trademark Productions built made close to $80,000. We get a lot of compliments about our site’s look and feel and how well it works. The e-commerce site’s been quite successful.

Our web presence is far better than what we had before our engagement. That’s part of my objective, but at the same time, they’re a good partner in helping make that happen. The engagement works out well.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via email and have monthly meetings via phone or onsite. Their communication and ability to meet deadlines are awesome. They're persistent with us to give them what they need. When they say they’ll have a product, they’ll have it. If they don’t, they’ll tell us why and when it will be ready. In my opinion, they’re exactly what you want from a web development firm. At this point, I wouldn't work with anyone else.

Their team spends a significant amount of time with us and gives us ideas. They’re helpful and do what they’re supposed to do. I would certainly recommend them.

Not really, no. I’ve been completely satisfied.

Be willing to communicate and listen to their ideas. Their advice is valuable, so listen to them.

There aren’t any surprises.
    We get what we want, so I can’t ask for more.

Web Dev and Marketing for Speech Pathologist Platform

"The team is kind and helpful, especially when troubleshooting technical issues."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Trademark Productions performed several web-related projects for the client. First, they developed a website with features such as a case management system. The team also does SEO work and digital marketing.

Jennifer Bradley
Owner, Speech Therapy Plans

Trademark Productions’ work led to a 100% increase in membership on the client’s site. The new site is user-friendly and provides unique solutions. The team is dedicated and responds quickly to inquiries. They consistently find ways to improve their development tactics and add value to the client’s business.

I am the owner of a membership site for speech pathologists which provides materials for lessons.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

I wanted to add a case management system within the site. I originally developed the site on my own, so it was very simple and didn’t have many features. I wanted to scale up the site so that it could have more advanced capabilities.

I initially started working with a different vendor, but they could not deliver on what was promised. The site was a mess, so Trademark Productions worked with me to fix it and provide necessary updates.

Recently, we decided that we wanted to develop a new, more sophisticated site. The new site will be able to support more features, including a case management system. This system will allow members to manage their appointments and track their students’ progress.

Their team also does SEO and social media marketing work on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.

I’ve worked with a total of 6-8. However, I have two primary points of contact that remained constant throughout the engagement: Danielle (Account Manager, Trademark Productions) and Scott (Former Developer, Trademark Productions).

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

I wanted to find a vendor who I would be able to meet with in-person. I did a Google search for local web developers and I found Trademark Productions. We scheduled a phone call to discuss the project and I felt comfortable working with them.

In total, I’ve probably spent over $80,000.

The engagement began in November 2018 and is ongoing.

Since I began working with them, my membership has doubled. I get good feedback from users about how much they love the site and its features. It’s making their lives much easier.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They have amazing communication and regularly respond to my emails within a couple of hours. The team is kind and helpful, especially when troubleshooting technical issues. They’ve worked with me through it all.

They genuinely seemed to care about my site. It wasn’t just a project for them or a source of income. They always had ideas for how to make it better. They put their hearts into their work.

No, I’ve been very happy with them.

Listen to them and trust their advice.

It’s worth the money. I tried to go the cheaper route initially, but it didn’t work out.

E-Commerce Dev & Marketing for Packaging Company

"They’re a really great group of people on a human level, and I enjoy working with them."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Trademark Productions built an e-commerce website in Magento 2 for a packaging company. The team also creates blog posts and templates, manages social media accounts, and brainstorms marketing ideas.

Livonia, Michigan
Cindy Vogel
Director of Marketing, MJS Packaging

The website is generating higher-quality leads, satisfying the client. The team delivers top-notch insights in a responsive and cost-effective way. Their ability to meet deadlines, respond quickly, and create quality work stands out.

I’m the director of marketing of MJS Packaging, a 135-year-old packaging distributor.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

I was looking for a new agency of record. The first project we did together was creating our e-commerce website.

Trademark Productions built our website on Magento 2. Our IT team worked with their developers to build a custom interface between our site and our in-house ERP. They’ve done a lot for us since then. They create our blog and social posts, troubleshoot for all three of our websites and manage our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. They also provide analytics on a monthly basis and brainstorm different ideas for our business, such as marketing our 135th-year anniversary.

I typically interface with 2–3 people, but I’ve worked with other team members in the past. It depends on our needs at any given time. For instance, I worked directly with their lead developer during our website build, but now my requests regarding the site go to their product management team.

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

I was looking for a local agency so we would have the opportunity for face-to-face meetings. I narrowed it down to two agencies, and after some interviews with their team along with recommendations and referrals, I chose Trademark Productions.

We started working together in the fall of 2017. We still work together on a monthly retainer.

We’re pleased with the results. Trademark Productions’ team and I recognize that the website is a living, breathing thing that requires constant updates. I’ve had challenges working with Magento, and having their guidance as we updated from Magento 1 to 2 has been very helpful. My top priority for our MJS Packaging website is to generate leads. I believe the quality of leads has improved over the years since we started working together, and I’m very happy with that.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Danielle (Account Manager, Trademark Productions), who I interface with daily, is good at giving me timely responses. For the most part, the projects are completed on time. The times that it doesn’t happen, they typically communicate why. We almost entirely communicate via email.

One project we did together was to create and lead a presentation for our sales team on how to bolster their LinkedIn profiles and general usage. It was fun and rewarding, and we received great feedback from our salespeople. They thought it was a very practical session.

Whenever there’s a lag in the project and they can’t deliver something on time, I’d rather know immediately when possible.

Definitely go to their office in person from time to time. It helps to be there in their environment and see everyone there. I’ve worked with Tyler (Creative Director, Trademark Productions) and Dwight (Founder, Trademark Productions) fairly extensively, and it’s been really helpful to get to know them. They’re a really great group of people on a human level, and I enjoy working with them.

They’ve been very good with cost estimates and sticking to them. But sometimes their estimates do require more time than what I’d anticipate.

Website Development for Financial Lending Company

"Overall, we were impressed with their thoughtfulness and the quality of their work."

Jul. - Sept. 2019

Trademark Productions redesigned and redeveloped a website to give it a fresh look and easier navigation scheme.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Kaity Dunn
Executive Assistant, Northcreek Mezzanine Fund

Internal stakeholders were pleased with the quality of the revamped website, as well as with Trademark Production’s ability to deliver on time and budget. Trademark displayed strong programming knowledge resulting in a fast-loading website.

I'm the Executive Assistant at Northcreek Mezzanine, which is a mezzanine lending firm in downtown Cincinnati that provides mezzanine debt and equity to the lower middle market across the U.S.

For what projects/services did your company hire Trademark Productions?

We hired them to redo our website.

We wanted a clear, clean website that is easy to navigate.

They were referred to us.

We really appreciated working with Trademark Productions. After experiencing a very unprofessional agency, Trademark's organization and process was a breath of fresh air. We liked how they were able to provide a design that we loved on the first round because they took the time to ask the right questions about what we wanted. They also have extensive programming experience, so they are able to make the website load faster than we've seen from other agencies.

There was one project manager and one developer.

We completed the project within the proposed timeline and budget.

I was most impressed with the organization and how their programming knowledge provided us with a fast-loading website.

N/A

Web Redesign & Marketing for Labor Organization

"With their creativity, the finished products have always been better than what I hoped for."

2008 - Ongoing

As part of an extensive engagement, Trademark Productions has redesigned a labor union’s website, coordinated content posts to the site and social media accounts, and performed various marketing tasks.

Redford Township, Michigan
Jim Tignanelli
President, Police Officers Association of Michigan

Trademark Productions has proven to be a reliable long-term partner. Their creative senses and problem-solving efforts have fostered increased engagement and awareness. The team’s responsiveness and client-focused approach make them a worthy vendor selection.

I'm the president of the Police Officers Association of Michigan, which is a service organization that represents members of law enforcement in disciplinary matters and collective bargaining discussions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

We operate in every county in Michigan, and much of what we do is affected by current events and different forms of legislation. Because of that, we needed a more effective tool that allowed us to inform our members across the state as quickly as possible. To do so, we engaged Trademark Productions to redesign our website and manage our social media presence.

We’ve relied on Trademark Productions to modernize the layout and graphics of our website, which had been quite primitive. We hoped to turn our website into a valuable tool for our members and non-members alike—a tool that could provide answers to questions that people would previously have to call our office to resolve. Now, all of our organization’s information is available at all times. We now also have an enhanced social media strategy for Twitter and Facebook. Additionally, we’ve asked Trademark Productions to fulfill some marketing tasks for us over the years.

The most significant development from our engagement is that Trademark Productions has provided me with a private email address to communicate with their team directly. With that address, I send them pictures or updates that I need to be shared online, and that content is posted on the website or social media as soon as possible. This process is a tremendous asset for us because it allows us to communicate with everybody across the state at one time.

Dwight (Founder, Trademark Productions) and Tyler (Creative Director, Trademark Productions) are our primary contacts, but we work with about four people in all.

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

I met Dwight at a business meeting in Detroit and was impressed with him as a person. I learned that his company provided services similar to what I had been putting off for a while, so I figured that this was the time to address our needs.

We spend approximately $25,000–$35,000 per year.

We’ve worked with Trademark Productions since 2008.

We’re proud of our online presence now. Our members and non-members rely on our website because it’s so current and newsworthy, and they’re able to find what they need because it’s easy to navigate. Our engagement metrics signify that our website is a known entity, but my primary measure of success is how often I’ve received positive feedback from the people that we serve.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been magnificent. They take detailed notes in all meetings, and their thoroughness is evident in their work. With their creativity, the finished products have always been better than what I hoped for.

Our organization doesn’t sell a product, but we offer something that has to be current, and I’ve always felt like Trademark Productions is working with our account at all times. I appreciate that level of dedication. They are swift to respond to all of my messages.

No, Trademark Productions has been fantastic at making adjustments and improvements whenever they are necessary. For example, over the past few years, it’s become increasingly important for me to understand more of our metrics, and I wasn’t able to sufficiently understand some of the reports that their team produced. I requested in-person meetings, and now we meet once a month to discuss what’s happening and what we hope to happen next.

I decided to trust them and let them do their job, and my organization has benefitted from that. This project necessitated more of their expertise and less of mine.

They always accommodate our timeline.
    I'm very satisfied with the value.
    Their response time is excellent, which is very important in the work we do.
    I refer them all the time.

WordPress Web Design & SEO for Automotive Company

"We’ve received really positive feedback, both from our customers and our employees."

2016 - Ongoing

Trademark Productions provided website development, upgrading a site and its subsidiaries to WordPress and then working on SEO. They are currently providing maintenance and updates as required.

Detroit, Michigan
Marketing Manager, Automotive Co.

Their design and backend development work has produced excellent results, with the team delivering websites that meet expectations and receive positive feedback from users. They are extremely responsive and work hard to inform the team of all updates, explaining their work well too.

I’m the marketing manager for an electrical contractor.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trademark Productions?

We needed to update all of our websites. That included our main site and those of each of our subsidiaries because they were dated and static.

They upgraded our site to a WordPress website, and have also done some SEO work. We started off with our main site, for which they took care of the design, layout, navigation, and backend development. I worked on the frontend and the content.

We agreed to schedules for reviewing work. There were some hiccups, but they were resolved. Once we got the main website up and running, we then started work on each of the subsidiaries.

We began with a project manager and creative director. After that the project manager left, some other people were involved. I currently work with three people and still communicate with the owner. They take good care of me.

How did you come to work with Trademark Productions?

We asked some of our customers for recommendations, and I also used my industry contacts. We had called in five different service providers to present their ideas and processes to us. We narrowed it down to two, then chose Trademark Productions because we liked what they had to say and their people.

We have invested between $100,000–$150,000.

We began working with them in 2016 and have an ongoing relationship.

We’ve received really positive feedback, both from our customers and our employees. People are able to find the information they need, so they’re happy with the sites. One of the things I was adamant to include, which wasn’t on our old site, was a search box. As simple as that is, it’s a huge thing.

I’m currently working with Trademark because WordPress launched WordPress 5.0 and there were some concerns and issues. We’ve had a number of discussions about that and they have something for me to review.

How did Trademark Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

The team has been awesome; very responsive and always keeping me informed. They are accessible and personable, and I have nothing but good things to say about their project managers. We exchange emails at least once a week and sometimes more. For example, they’ve fixed some of our issues within half an hour.

We recently set up a conference call at the beginning of every month to allow us to catch up with each other. It means that everyone knows what’s going on and can prepare.

Their responsiveness is impressive. They’re always pleasant, and never make us feel like we’re imposing. Whether we send an email or give them a phone call, they seem happy to hear from us and willing to help. It’s refreshing, especially in this day and age when everyone is so pressed for time.

I wish there was better and cheaper parking by their office, but that’s a small thing. The only other stumbling block we had earlier on was because they had assigned a copywriter to our team. I’d told them that it was my forte, but we let her do a couple of things. She didn’t get our company, so we asked that she not be part of the team.

If you don’t know what you don’t know, just ask them. They’re very good at explaining things. They’re also very willing to answer questions, but you can’t expect them to read your mind, so just ask if something is confusing.

Most of the time, we are pretty on top of things, but problems can happen.
    For the initial build, I felt their pricing was reasonable, but we had to negotiate for the maintenance.
    They have been very responsive and never make me feel like I am imposing on them.
    I would recommend them. I have enjoyed working with them and they did a good job.