Websites That Convert

Silver

We're Thrive (formerly Seattle Design.) And we're proud to design and develop gorgeous websites that work hard to generate leads and sales.

We also offer everything from logo design and professional branding, to marketing services and white-glove care packages.

And whether you're a growing business—or a business that wants to grow even more—we'd love to help you thrive online.

Specialties:

• Web Design
  • Branding
  • Marketing
  • WordPress Support

2002
Seattle, WA

vivianewoodard.com westseattlesmileco.com atzbach.com paddycoynes.net nwbuildergroup.com americancollegestrategies.com

Russian Antiques E-Commerce

Complete rebranding for Atzbach Antiques and development of WordPress e-commerce website.

NW Builder Group Image

NW Builder Group

NW Builder Group is a building restoration and construction company that services five counties in Wahington state. They are the folks that insurance adjusters call when there is a fire, water, or wind loss on a house and their insured client needs help. They also build custom homes and manage remodeling and addition projects. What gets them up in the morning is the pleasure of putting things back together, the beauty of

creating, the ever-changing nature of their projects, and having meaningful relationships with their clients that have gone through a loss on their home or want to build one.
American College Strategies Image

American College Strategies

Designed this College Admissions Counselor's membership website.

Viviane Woodard Cosmetics Image

Viviane Woodard Cosmetics

This eCommerce website for skincare and makeup was a delight to create in late 2018.

Irish Pub in Bellevue Image

Irish Pub in Bellevue

Paddy Coynes is a lovely Irish pub. We designed their website in late 2018.

Dentist in West Seattle Image

Dentist in West Seattle

We created this dentist website in early 2019 using WordPress.

WooCommerce Dev for Antique Business

"Their attention to detail was extremely good."

Apr. - Sept. 2019

Thrive developed an e-commerce website to centralize online purchases for an antiques business. Following a discovery phase, the team built the WooCommerce platform iteratively to implement feedback.

Redmond, Washington
IT Manager, Antique Business

Thrive delivered a functionally and aesthetically pleasing website that has received positive feedback from clients. The team was accessible and executed changes meticulously to ensure the product reflected the project vision. They were a dependable partner that exceeded expectations.

I’m the IT manager for an antiques business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thrive?

In the past, our website didn’t allow clients to purchase items from us directly. We had products listed all over the web on platforms such as eBay. We found that our clients bought items on other platforms instead of going through us. We wanted a way to let our customers buy products from us through our website

Thrive set up our WooCommerce website. Initially, we talked with their team about our vision, goals, and what we wanted the site to look like. We also discussed the problems we’d run into with our current platform. Then, they brainstormed and created a plan for us. We went back and forth about the proposal. After, they executed the website to completion. Throughout the process, we provided feedback and requested changes.

The owner was our main point of contact. When we had questions, he was the first person to respond. He also gave us ideas. We also worked with a developer. When we wanted changes or to see our ideas come to life, we contacted him.

How did you come to work with Thrive?

The company that had built our website recommended them. We contacted a few other local agencies to see other bids. Thrive caught my attention because of their great communication, response rate, and competitive pricing.

The whole project cost between $18,000–$19,000.

We collaborated between April–September 2019.

A lot of clients have said that our new website is much easier to navigate. Our site also has a bunch of photos showcasing our products, which clients have found to be pretty.

How did Thrive perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed well. Communication was great including in emails and calls. Their team responded within a day or the same day. Whenever we had problems with the website, it was resolved quickly. There wasn’t a time when we were left hanging or wondering when they would resolve a challenge.

A lot of companies will tell you the right thing to do or make recommendations. But we told them exactly what we wanted and Thrive hit it out of the ballpark. They made sure all requests were enacted. Their attention to detail was extremely good.

No, not really.

Give them a call and talk to them in person. Thrive has a great attitude. Their team’s straightforward and down to earth. Talk to them directly to get a sense of who they are and what they offer.

They were one of the more expensive companies we’d considered. Given the value the price is justified.
    They had excellent response times and designs.
    We’ve recommended them.

New Website for College Admissions Company

"They didn't waiver. They knew exactly what they were doing at all times..."

May - Jul. 2018

Thrive designed and developed a website from scratch, participating in site mapping, homepage design, and integrating changes. They also developed subpages after they were approved.

Edmonds, Washington
kathleen griffin
Founder, American College Strategies

Inquiries have increased with the new site, and customers have delivered positive feedback about its visuals. Thrive stuck to a planned development schedule and worked through set milestones. Their attentive customer service inspires confidence in their clients, leading to positive engagements.

We teach students and families how to navigate the college admissions journey, giving them the tools to drive the discovery process and find the perfect fit. I am the founder of the company and provide the majority of counseling and coaching services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

Our old website was in need of a design overhaul, and we wanted to start selling an online course. Thrive developed a new website with a new style, layout, and content. We launching in July 2018. Thrive is also implement a Learning Management System where we sell courses on admission. The website is also used to deliver that content.

Our #1 goal was to get a more professional online presence and sell our new online course. Secondary goals were ranking higher on Google and streamlining a way to edit/add content to the website.

Thrive was recommended by our daughter. Noah took us through a comprehensive intake over via screenshare and listened closely to our needs and asked all the right questions. His proposal is what put us over the top. He was able to summarize our needs and put forth a plan in a clear and concise format.

We were surprised that Noah and his designer Adam were so organized and stuck to a set schedule. We first agreed on the pages to create (a sitemap). Adam created a homepage design based on the logo. We had one round of revisions. After we signed off, they created the subpages based on the sitemap. Those were signed off on and then they created the online offering. We tested all of it and we went live and started taking orders.

Noah handled most of the intake process and Adam designed and developed the website. Our main point of contact throughout the project was Adam, but Noah would pop in from time to time with ideas.

Since the launch of the website we have about 25% more inquiries from the website, which is almost more than we can handle. Our students (and their parents) comment on how nice the website is.

I met with Adam over video screenshare during milestones such as homepage review, subpage review, and final testing. We met four times during the project. Otherwise, we communicated over email.

I was so impressed by their process and expertise. They didn't waiver. They knew exactly what they were doing at all times and I felt safe and supported throughout the project.

I usually like to meet in late afternoons, and Noah and Adam were more morning people. A minor inconvenience but I can't think of anything else!

Overall Score Thrive is efficient, professional, personable, and process-driven.
    They usually needed to meet in the morning and I like late afternoon.
    I received way more value than was charged. So happy.
    The design and functionality exceeded my expectations.
    I refer them often and hear great results back!

WooCommerce Dev for Skincare Company

"From start to finish, they were pretty superb, especially with helping me make the transition into a new system."

May - Nov. 2018

Thrive designed and developed a new WooCommerce website.

Granite Falls, Washington
Sheryl Trim
Owner, Viviane Woodard

Sales have increased substantially since the new website launch. The Thrive team is thorough, patient, and efficient.  High-quality results and a staff that works around-the-clock are what sets them apart from other developers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thrive?

I needed a new website, since my old Magento website was outdated.

Thrive built a brand-new WooCommerce site for my company. At first, I met Adam (Creative Director, Thrive) and we discussed what I wanted in my new website and how we were going to go about it. He outlined all the steps, including the cost and the timeframe. It was a step-by-step procedure of what we needed to do.

I worked with Adam and Noah (Owner/Founder, Thrive).

How did you come to work with Thrive?

I worked with Adam, previously; he took over a company that dealt with my software and backup systems in the past.

I looked into different companies that could work well with our products and I decided to choose WooCommerce since a lot of people use it for e-commerce.

I’ve invested $25,000.

This project spanned from May – Nov. 2018.

Before the new website, I would typically get only three orders on the weekends; now, I get anywhere from 10-15 orders. I don’t have to take orders on the phone anymore and the online system is much quicker. Thanks to Thrive, last month was the biggest month I’ve ever had.

How did Thrive perform from a project management standpoint?

Adam and Noah are tremendously helpful from a project management standpoint. They worked for me whenever I needed them, despite any time differences. They always send me a video on how to do things, just in case I forget. We typically communicate through screen-share meetings and phone calls.

Their customer service was the most impressive part about them. From start to finish, they were pretty superb, especially with helping me make the transition into a new system.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score So far, everything has been fantastic.
    They always contact me, and they're always there when they say they'll be there.
    They were much cheaper than Magento.
    When someone goes to my website it's easy to use.
    I would highly recommend them. They were superb compared to my last provider.

Web Design for Home Restoration Company

"Thrive made themselves available, even after normal business hours."

Feb. - May 2019

Customers have had positive experiences on the website, and external stakeholders praised the aesthetics and structure of the solution. Thrive's project management software fostered a smooth, directed workflow. In particular, the video tutorials were a highlight. They are an accessible team.

Jerome Rhoads
Vice President, NW Builder Group LLC

Thrive designed and developed a website with the aim of displaying a portfolio of work.

We are a full-service general contractor focused on restoring properties after large fire and water losses. We also specialize in new, single family home construction services. I'm a co-owner of the organization and I manage the production side of the business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

We hired Thrive to develop a comprehensive website to showcase our work. Thrive represented our first attempt.

We wanted our customers (homeowners) to have the opportunity to view our credentials with before/after photos. We also wanted to increase brand awareness with extensive use of our logo. The site would help differentiate us from the competition, and it would give us a sense of legitimacy within the industry.

I met a Thrive employee through a family connection.

We had an initial meeting to discuss the scope of the project. Thrive presented an organized cost breakdown for my team to review. Our project was assigned to a Thrive developer. Then, we had another opportunity to discuss the project in more detail. We were presented with a draft version of the design. We had several opportunities to make edits. Finally, we switched to content and final revisions before going live.

One Thrive employee conducted a consultation with us, and that employee was active during the duration of the project. He assigned the design portion to his developer.

Our site hasn't been active for a significant amount of time, but we've shared our web address with current and potential clients, and the results have been positive. Our insurance adjusters have also commented on how clean and organized the site appears.

We were able to schedule online meetings easily. Thrive made themselves available, even after normal business hours. They consistently followed up, and we felt that Thrive kept us focused at all times.

Thrive's use of technology made the entire experience pleasant. Their software was excellent.  Teleconferencing was simple and effective. Thrive sent video tutorials to help keep the project on track. The videos were quick and easy to access and understand.

Scoping & Discovery Project for Classifieds Website

"They refined my ideas and introduced me to valuable tools."

Apr. - May 2019

Thrive conducted a full technical review of the scope, tech stack, and budget of an upcoming development project. They also performed competitor research.

Owner, Company

During the discovery process, Thrive made practical suggestions and explained technical requirements clearly. The team impressed with their prompt turnarounds, seamless workflow, and impeccable organization. They were not only a great resource, but also a helpful teacher.

I'm the proprietor of a company seeking to expand into niche online classifieds.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

I hired Thrive to research the necessary scope, technologies, strategies, and integrations, develop a proposed solution, and estimate the time and cost.

My primary goal was to conduct a technical feasibility review and obtain a clear roadmap for development.

I spoke with, and obtained quotes from, four website development firms. I chose Thrive because they provided a detailed analysis of technologies, time, and cost before proceeding with development of the website.

Once I chose Thrive, I completed an online questionnaire about my company, its website, and my goals. We had a video call to discuss the project details and brainstorm use cases and avatars. During the next week, we had another call to discuss competitor research and marketing strategies. Finally, they discussed their complete findings and proposed solutions.

I worked with the owner and creative director.

The process of discovery has helped me better understand the technical requirements of my idea and helped me make informed decisions.

I was impressed with their timeliness and use of technology to facilitate collaboration. The workflow of the project was well organized and streamlined. They kept all my documents in a shared folder so I could see their progress of the project and reference notes we made during our calls.

I was particularly impressed by their communication, their speed, and their knowledge of website and UI design. I learned so much and am grateful for everything they shared with me. They refined my ideas and introduced me to valuable tools. I will certainly engage Thrive for any future website needs.

I can't think of anything. I'm extremely satisfied with their level of professionalism.

Website Design for General Dentistry

“From start to finish, and even afterwards, they were really responsive and professional.”

Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Thrive designed and developed a new website to align with a rebranding initiative. They walked the internal staff through the whole process, taking provided content to populate the site.

Seattle, Washington
CEO, West Seattle Smile Co.

Within the first month of launch, the site garnered a significant uptick in leads. Staff members also responded favorably to the design’s professional look and feel. Thrive remained open to client input throughout the process and continue to touch base to ensure proper functionality.

We are a general dental office in West Seattle. I, along with my wife, own the company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

Our business had new ownership, and we were rebranding under a different name.

We wanted to put our name on the map and begin to establish our position as the leading dental office in our area.

We interviewed a few different web developers and liked the personal attention and customization that Noah (Owner, Thrive) and his team had to offer. They set up a web conference with us, and we spoke at length about our project and how they could bring our vision to fruition.

After the initial consultation, they gave us a proposal for the project, which we agreed to. We mostly worked with Adam (Creative Director, Thrive) from then on, who designed the website. We would periodically meet with him via webcast to discuss our goals and his progress.

We had full control of the project and could make tweaks as needed throughout. As we reached the end, we had final tweaks and then scheduled a time for it to go live. From then on, they have been checking in and making sure everything is going ok.

We worked with Noah and Adam from the beginning. Noah mediated our discussion while Adam was in charge of the actual development and was our main contact throughout the whole project.

Our new patient leads were significantly boosted within the first month. Our brand is now inviting and professional.

We would meet with Adam every 1–2 weeks to go over his progress. We had homework to do each time to add content, while he would optimize it to make it look nice on the site.

Their personal touch and confidence in the whole project was nice, given the fact that we didn't know much about the process. Having never been through a website build before, we appreciate that they walked us through the process step-by-step, which was really nice.

I can't think of any area that they could improve. From start to finish, and even afterwards, they were really responsive and professional. I’d highly recommend them!

Website Development for Property Management Company

“They make the technology easy to use.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Thrive provided website development and management services, also offering training to the in-house team to allow them to manage the site themselves.

Tara King
Office Manager, Orcas Business Park

The website developed by the Thrive team is high-quality and complies with all necessary standards. The team ensures it is easy to manage internally, providing excellent support and training videos, while communicating effectively.

I’m the office manager for a commercial property owner/manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

We needed help with the creation and management of our website.

We wanted to have a functional website that shows what we do, with relevant and easily accessible content.

The work began before I joined the company.

They developed our website and help us with its management. They also provide training for us so we can make updates to the site ourselves.

Noah (Owner, Thrive) takes great care of us.

They keep our website safe and compliant. Their video training is easy to follow and helps us along the way.

It’s easy to schedule appointments and communication is smooth.

They make the technology easy to use.

Not at this time.

Overall Score There were no problems.
    It was easy.
    It was reasonable.
    We're happy with our website.
    If asked, I would recommend them.

Website Redesign for Women's Apparel Company

"Although both my company and this project are small, I am always treated as an important client."

Thrive redesigned an outdated retail website. They continue to provide ongoing support for maintenance and updates.

Sandra Carole Cox
Owner, Allesandra Designs

Featuring a sleek, simple design, the new platform is scalable for future e-commerce purposes and easy to use for both site administrators and visitors. Thrive’s small but dedicated team fosters participation and resource efficiency with detailed demonstration videos and attentive customer support.

I am the owner and designer of Allesandra Designs, where we create hand-loomed knitwear products like boleros and capelets from exclusive Italian yarns.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

I hired Thrive to redesign my website.

We first wanted an institutional site establishing our brand image and to which we could direct clients following their visit to a trade show or other pop-up venue. We wanted a simple format and design that would allow the client to easily scroll through and recall the pieces they'd seen at the event. The site also needed to be easily manipulated for updates and revolving inventory items, as many of the styles are one-of-a-kind.

After searching online and reading many reviews, we ultimately reached out to three different companies. Thrive’s kind and personal attention really stood out to us.

We were experiencing constant challenges with our original website, which had been created with old technology that could essentially no longer be updated. Thrive recommended we start fresh with a simple website that would be easy to use and maintain. The site was initially designed as an institutional one, but with the ability to add e-commerce capabilities when and if we are ready.

We worked directly with Thrive’s owner and designer as well as a project manager.

As this is a work in progress, I do not yet have metrics to illustrate the value or impact.

The workflow has been quite effective. Their unique use of technology has made communication quick and efficient. Online video appointment scheduling allows me to work face-to-face with the team, creating trust and familiarity.

We also love the instructional, step-by-step how-to videos Thrive creates for each request. Their simple and straightforward process is cost-effective because it enables us to do some things ourselves very quickly and provides us with a quick reference when we need it.

Although both my company and this project are small, I am always treated as an important client. The Thrive team is patient and thoughtful in their approach, often going above and beyond the scope to make sure we are happy and comfortable. Equally gracious, knowledgeable, and eager to help, they have been a pleasure to work with.

I honestly cannot think of anything I would change. I am very happy with Thrive and would absolutely recommend their services.

Scheduling is simple and efficient.
    The cost has been very fair.

Website Redesign for Continuing Education Company

"Thrive respected my knowledge of the business and delivered the exact website we wanted."

Feb. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Thrive helped redesign a website to boost overall functionality and design. The primary new features include mobile optimization, improved navigation, and online sales and registration for seminars.

Pineville, Louisiana
Lisa Driscoll
Training Director, Professional Training Resources, Inc.

Customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and online tracking of sales has improved since the engagement began. Thrive's attention to project details were hallmarks of their work. Their excellent listening skills made them a valuable partner.

I’m the training director at Professional Training Resources, Inc. We offer continuing education to mental health professionals across the state of Louisiana.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thrive?

We needed to hire an external resource to redesign our website.

We wanted our site to be more accessible for mobile users, and help us obtain more customers.

We were using Seattle Designs, and they moved our account to Thrive.

Thrive redesigned the entire site. They changed the look of the site and made the navigation easier to maneuver. They improved the registration process for our seminars and gave us the ability to track online sales.

We initially met with Noah (Owner, Thrive) to discuss our goals and the look of the site. We were then assigned Adam (Developer, Thrive) to serve as our project manager.

My customers love the new site. I immediately received amazing feedback that they’re happy with the accessibility. We recently moved away from direct mail advertising. I now refer our customers to the site to access everything they need. It’s more efficient, and we’re able to easily track our online sales.

We met Noah and Adam several times to work out all the details. Adam was wonderful. He was easy to work with and listened to me, which was important. I've worked with web design agencies before and they have a tendency to make me feel incompetent. Adam never made me feel that way. I told him what I was looking for and he took it from there.

I’m most impressed with the way they’re willing to work with me on the specifics of our site. I've been running this business for 22 years and I know my customers well. Thrive respected my knowledge of the business and delivered the exact website we wanted.

No, I can’t think of any areas for improvement.

Silver