Love Your Website Again

Our name says it all.

We believe that better on the web means taking a meaningful pause and some critical thought. Through an iterative approach, we create advanced digital tools focused on the only thing that matters – the user.

We begin at the end.

Sound backward? It's not. We start with your desired result: More customers? New look? More time and energy to do what you do best? Once we have an ironclad objective in place, we create a roadmap to get you there. Only then do we dig into our vast toolbox of digital skills and expertise to craft messaging, design experiences, and build the ideal marketing tools for your project.

Our approach blends strategic thinking, unencumbered creativity, and a proven process designed around simplicity, clarity, and best practice.

Our Mission.

Our mission is to see smart ideas take up more of the popular cultural space. We believe in the power of a good strategy and see your project not as a job that needs to be done, but as a cause we’ll invest in. We believe in your ideas, understand your issues, and work to provide a level of service that meaningfully addresses each project you entrust to our care.

We also enjoy working with like-minded folks. If that's you, let’s talk.

Wayne, PA
  • 24 Louella Ct., 3rd Floor
    Wayne, PA 19087

No matter your industry, Think it First works best with organizations who know when to stop and think. Our purpose is to mitigate long-term costs by simply doing it right from the beginning. We've worked with: The City of Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), Metro Commercial Real Estate, Pearl Properties, Ronald McDonald House, Big Brothers Big Sisters Mass Bay, Bancorp, Braskem America, Odebrecht, Gelest, Heavyocity, and The American Heart Association.

WordPress Website Redesign for Educational Foundation

“Brad expects the best from his team, and it resulted in high-quality work and a fantastic end product.”

Aug. - Oct. 2017

Think It First redesigned a website, updating the colors and copy and installing a plugin for a grant management system. The team finished in seven weeks, making the site more intuitive and user-friendly.

11- 50 Employees

Philadelpia, Pennsylvania
Contractor, Private Educational Foundation

The new website has received only positive feedback. It’s attractive, easy to navigate, and clearly explains the history and purpose behind the educational grant. The team quickly understood the scope and purpose of the project, and they had no problem with the tight deadline.

I’m an independent contractor acting as a grants administrator for a private educational foundation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think It First?

I was put in charge of the website redesign. It was first developed about three years ago, and it was basically just information; there was no call to action or promotion of the foundation’s goals. Our mission had changed quite a bit, and we wanted to attract more interested parties to our application, so we decided it was time to do a massive overhaul of the website and make it much more impactful and attractive.

After we accepted their proposal and signed all the agreements, we had our kickoff meeting and started the first wireframes. We were under a tight deadline and wanted to get the project finished within seven weeks, so we had to work hard and quick.

Think It First took some of the old site’s information, like biographical information, but other than that, they essentially created a whole new site. They redesigned the structure, appearance, and navigation of the entire site, and it looks completely different.

Some of the major changes were a timeline and an online application portal. Another firm took care of the grant management system for the application, and Think It First just installed the plugin for the site, which let them concentrate fully on the website redesign. One of our goals was to clarify the history and purpose of our foundation, and Think It First made sure the structure and copy answered those questions.

Brad [Partner} was my lead contact, and I met one designer on our project, although the team could’ve been bigger.

How did you come to work with Think It First?

We put the RFP out to bid, and three agencies submitted proposals. We invited them each in for a more in-depth conversation, but most got caught up on the grant management system. Think It First was the only provider that presented a viable solution and seemed to know what they were talking about. We liked the freshness of their approach, and all the agency’s prices were pretty similar, so we chose Think It First.

We spent a little over $19,000.

We started the project in August, and it ended in October.

Everyone has had positive responses to our site. They comment that it’s beautiful, the colors are great, and it’s easy to navigate. Our board was highly impressed with the improvements we made from the old site, and we couldn’t be happier with Think It First’s work. There are still a few minor changes we need to make, but overall, we’re pleased.

How did Think It First perform from a project management standpoint?

We mainly communicated via email, and I talked to Brad probably 10 or 15 times during the full seven weeks. Brad and his whole team were extremely responsive and never let anything slip through the cracks. They finished the project on time and within budget, which is impressive considering how fast we needed it to be completed.

I can be quite nitpicky with my expectations, and Think It First was responsive, easy-going, and patient. They did their work, made any changes I suggested, and took my opinion seriously. Brad expects the best from his team, and it resulted in high-quality work and a fantastic end product.

They quickly grasped our foundation and its goals and understood that this new site was a turning point for us. They responded to the importance of the project and did exactly what we needed.

I can't think of any. They were a pleasure to work with, and I’d love to work with them again.

Advice for potential customers?

Know exactly what you want to accomplish and have all the content on your end figured out. That will help you all be on the same page, and there will be minimal misunderstandings.

Overall Score The working relationship, product, and general management were top notch.
    They kept to our schedule.
    It cost what we thought it would.
    The website is attractive and clear.
    I already have.

Web Redesign UI/UX Adjustment for Tourism Company

"We’re kept well-informed along the way; there’s never been a surprise while working with Think It First."

Nov. 2013 - Ongoing

Think It First redesigned an existing tourism website, which they now maintain. The team’s goals were to improve UX/UI and facilitate interaction, while adding custom features, like an interactive map.

Pennsylvania
Digital Marketing Manager, Tourism Company

The finalized site has visibly improved, and many of the custom features have become major components. Think it First is communicative and responsive. The team excels at managing expectations and setting realistic and accomplishable timelines and budgets.

I am the digital marketing manager for a nonprofit organization that is responsible for trying to bring meetings and conventions to our city. I manage our company’s website and everything that goes on digitally with it, including advertising, blogging, social media, mobile, etc. We get funding via a portion of the tax that is collected on hotel rooms, and we work to fill those hotel rooms while also bringing in visitors to support local businesses, restaurants, and attractions. The primary part of our business is scheduling meetings and conventions in the convention center, hotels, and other venues around the city. We also are responsible for group tours and international leisure travelers who come to our city.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think It First?

We first brought on Think It First a few years back when our website was a bit confusing and outdated. After we chose Think It First, the entire project probably took close to nine months to complete, from start to finish. Think It First redesigned pretty much everything on the website. Since then, we’ve worked on a number of other projects with Think It First.

We had a previous vendor, but I was hired soon after Think It First was selected, so I didn't have much of a relationship with the previous company. The website had been redesigned about a year before I started, and in that year, there was a lot of confusion and questions. It was determined that the redesign effort was not a good one, and there needed to be a quick turnaround to make it happen again. That’s why by the time I started, they had already selected Think It First for a complete redevelopment of the site. We were trying to improve user experience and user interaction. Our main goal is to get conventions to come to our city, and our primary audience tends to be meeting and convention planners. We needed to recognize that audience and work to keep that audience satisfied from start to finish in a logical manner that was not confusing. One of the main things we needed was a more clear hierarchy. The previous design was pretty flat, and it was all over the place. We needed to come up with an organizational chart to help users navigate the site.

We first developed a plan for the homepage, and then we put together a handful of internal templates, essentially. At the beginning, it was a three-phase project. The first phase was the homepage and a handful of primary pages that tended to get the most traffic. The second phase was going more in-depth with the rest of the site. We have kind of an overwhelmingly large site, so we wanted to get the hierarchy and design set for throughout the entire site. The third phase was going into some of the other departments because we were working on the meeting planner part of things. The final phase involved the international travelers and group tours and cleaning up some of the other aspects of the site. There were more elements within each part, but it was a few years back, so I don't remember the exact specifics. Each phase probably took about three months in order to make sure that we covered everything and that our internal clients were satisfied. Our website has a lot of idiosyncrasies that we needed specific work done for. We are a member organization, so we have restaurants, attractions, and hotels that pay dues to us to get placed in front of meeting planners. It takes some organization to make sure we’re serving those customers well and highlighting them first on the website.

We’ve worked on a number of other projects with Think It First since the redesign. One of the big ones was an interactive map that we developed to highlight our members and allow us to organize the members by categories. For instance, the user — a meeting planner, convention attendee, or international traveler — could say, “I want to see all of the restaurants in this area,” and then, “I just want to see the Italian restaurants in this area,” and have them pop up on the map. We’ve developed that map even further since then. Users can “favorite” individual elements on the map, such as restaurants, hotels, and attractions you're considering, and then go to a separate portion of the map and map out where everything is in relation to your hotel. That’s a big, long-term project that has been developed over time. I think it has helped with our members, and I think it’s helped logically present that information to people coming into the city who are able to see the proximity of things in a much more useful way. Our staff can use the map to sell the city as a potential place for a convention by showing the convention center as well as hotels that are within easy walking distance of it and restaurants that offer meeting space. Our staff is more easily able to show a lot of information to potential clients.

How did you come to work with Think It First?

Think It First had been hired before I started working here. RFPs were sent out in the area, and quite a few organizations came up with suggestions for how we might redesign our website. Think It First offered the best solutions and designs, so we went with them. Their design had been accepted, but the work didn't begin until I started, which is when our company handed the project to me and said, “We’re redesigning the website. This is the company you're working with. Make it happen.” We then introduced the Think It First team to everybody at our organization to make sure they understood who they were and what they were doing. They also spoke with some of our vendors and our internal clients to directly answer their questions as needed.

How much have you invested with Think It First?

I could not tell you how much we invested with Think It First. I wasn't there at the very beginning, and early on I wasn't doing the bill paying, so I don't know the numbers. I don't know if our organization would be up for sharing that information either.

I think we would have started working with Think It First in the latter half or last quarter of 2013, and we’re still working with them today.

Our overall site metrics are better than they used to be. Some of the things that Think It First worked on, like the interactive map, have become major parts of our website. They also worked on the appearance of the pages for the individual due-paying members. The membership department has said that the members were happy with the new appearance of those pages when we launched them. One of the things we do measure is meeting planners who submit RFPs for potential meetings or conventions in the city. The meeting planner RFP for the online submissions are up much higher than they were before the redesign.

How did Think It First perform from a project management standpoint?

Think It First has performed extremely well from a project management standpoint, and we’ve been happy with what they’ve done for us over the years. I’ve had a good working relationship with their team. They’re responsive, and they make suggestions and recommendations while also listening to ours. If we’re recommending something that they think doesn't make sense, they will tell us the reasons why it might not work. If we end up saying, “I understand what you're saying, but we want to go with it anyway,” they will go ahead and do what we’ve asked. They’re the type of organization that wants to help you do the right thing and make sure you're not making any mistakes they could fix in advance. They also understand that we’re the client, and in the end, we should get what we ask for. In the end, they have always delivered what we ask for.

Think It First does our overall web maintenance as well as the development and larger features. The primary team we work with at Think It First probably consists of three people: Joe, Jamie, and John. They occasionally bring in one or two other people, but for the most part, Joe is my regular contact. The team size has stayed pretty constant. I think that Think It First has hired more people since we started working with them. The people who are occasionally brought in are just for short periods of time.

For more than three years, I have had weekly calls with Joe to go over what’s coming up and where the project stands. I ever need to jump on a call at any other time, he’s always available. I also correspond regularly with Joe via email, probably once a day or more. There may be a couple of days where I don't send an email, and then something comes up, and we’ll send emails back and forth several times in a single day. It’s rare that I don't get a response quickly, and if that happens in regard to something I think is more important, I can usually extend my email beyond Joe to Jamie and John, and one of those two will almost always be available. I've also gone to their office to meet with them in person for longer-term discussions, and they’ve come into our offices more than a handful of times to present ideas and go over things with me and my managers.

Think It First does a good job of managing expectations and being sure you know what you're getting. They don't over-promise, and they do things methodically. They have done a good job of giving me estimates that they almost always stick to, which is not always the case with companies. If something goes a little higher than expected, it’s never been an issue. If an issue does come up, they offer options to make sure we get the best solution that fits our desires and budget. We’re kept well-informed along the way; there’s never been a surprise while working with Think It First.

What did you find most impressive about Think It First?

I don't know if there’s one thing that is most impressive about Think It First. I appreciate the relationship we’ve built and knowing that they’re consistently going to answer our questions and solve our problems, whatever they may be. I may ask Think It First if they can help with certain areas of the website that they have barely touched, and they’ll do the research, figure it out, and make it happen. At the same time, they’re an organization that doesn't just sit back and wait for things either. They look at the site and look at how it can improve, make suggestions and recommendations, and get things on the roadmap for us to handle down the line. They’re both reactive and proactive in the best possible way.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Think It First?

Think It First is an excellent company to work with. They have managed everything we’ve thrown at them in an excellent manner, and I would absolutely recommend them.

Overall Score Think It First has done a great job, and we’ve been happy with them. They’ve delivered on everything that we’ve asked and more. We’re very happy.
    I have always been a bit of a stickler for getting things done on time, and Think It First has given me no reason to be bothered by their efforts.
    Think It First’s rate is probably better than other vendors we’ve worked with, and whatever their cost is hour to hour, I know it’s worth it.
    I don't do a whole lot of 5s. There’s rarely, if ever, been someone who was less than satisfied with what Think It First delivered.
    I definitely would refer Think It First to others. They do good work, and I would be happy to recommend them.