Delivering Promises

Silver

Techuz was started by a group of tech-minded individuals focusing on creating world-class web and mobile solutions leveraging advanced technologies. Since our inception, we have been growing 300% yearly and have established an authority on Angularjs, Nodejs, Laravel, iOS - Swift and Android technologies. Not only are we adept at resolving enterprise needs but also have focused towards the growing unique requirements of start-ups.

We are here because we believe in "Delivering Promises" and our relationship with the client starts with "We".

Our key services & technologies:

• Web Development - Angularjs, Nodejs, Reactjs, Laravel (PHP)
  • Native Mobile Application Development - IOS, Android
  • Database - Neo4J Graph database, MongoDB, MySQL

Ahmedabad, India

Count.ly, Mr Button, Everywattmatters, Play More Tennis, Style and Apply

Multiple Platform Devs for Media Company

"They are good at solving problems and getting to grips with the specifications of the brief."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Techuz augments a startup development team. They write new code and revise existing software.

Co-Founder and CEO, Publishing Company

Techuz's painstaking research process and efficient project management offer excellent stability for a startup. The agency combines impressive technical skills and quick turnarounds with a friendly, helpful attitude. They simplify and execute requirements of great complexity.

We are a custom content developer and publisher. The specific project is for a startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We needed to add backend bandwidth to a startup team and speed up the process.

Techuz had the challenge of working with some modules of existing code and creating others from scratch.

They provide a team of four: a project manager, two backend developers, and one frontend UI developer. They scale the team size to suit the demands of the work phase.

We found them on Upwork.

We've spent $13,000 to date. The project is ongoing, so we anticipate it will cost $13,000-$50,000.

We started working with Techuz in September 2017 and the collaboration is ongoing. We’ve completed several phases so far.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management and execution process works well. They methodically research the brief and scope, assign the appropriate skill set, and estimate task completion times.

The assigned project manager is the key to our successful working relationship. He is very responsive, going out of his way to make calls and give progress updates.

First of all, Techuz is a pleasure to work with. They are a thoughtful and ethical company. Their CEO, project manager, and individual developers are professional and very personable.

The company marries great technical and organizational skills. They are good at solving problems and getting to grips with the specifications of the brief.

As a startup, our briefs are not as clear and thorough as some corporate briefs. Techuz can understand the context, application, and implementation with impressive speed.

Nothing I can think of, unless you could convince them to work on weekends.

Look no further than Techuz.

Software Dev for Dentist Analytics Company

“Their resources are abundant, and they’re very cost-effective.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Techuz augments the team of developers to build applications in-house, increasing the team’s speed and outputs. Currently, they’re coding an existing web app to give users options for customizable reports.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
CTO, Analytics Company

Techuz delivers an important part of the collaboration. Writing high-quality code, they structure the projects well, making it easy to pick up where they leave off. They excel at making sure they understand the scope of work well and make consistent progress with dedication and autonomy.

We provide analytics services for dental practices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We had an inventory of existing applications built with in-house developers. We wanted to extend that inventory, but we didn’t have the bandwidth to do it all ourselves. We needed more developers in order to get things done faster. Speed was the big driver for our project.

We had a couple of conversations describing the features and functionalities we were looking for and delivered visual mockups from our designer. Techuz explained what they could provide.

We’re currently in the coding phase. They have been enhancing our existing web app which needed additional functionalities to address some user-defined needs. We have pre-canned sets of data that customers can visualize in set ways. People were always asking us for more customizable reports, so we worked with Techuz to come up with a way for users to define their own criteria.

We’ve also worked on a mobile project with their team.

I’ve interacted with four people from Techuz. I mainly communicate with the managers, but I ask the developers questions as well.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I shortlisted around 20 options on Upwork and had conversations with four or five. I selected Techuz based on their project history, number of hours billed, and reviews. A long history and high review count are important factors for me.

The cost of their work has been $5,000–$10,000.

We started working with Techuz in September or October 2017. We’ve completed a number of phases so far. The collaboration is ongoing.

Techuz has delivered what we asked them to deliver. The projects that I ask them to do are not the final products that we release. They build 90% of it, and we put the final polishes on the end of it. That relationship with them is awesome. It’s maintainable, and that’s important to me.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

They make a point to meet with us and understand the scope before starting a project. Techuz has an engaging team that asks questions and get clarifications. I was in touch with them four times per week when the project started, and now, we connect twice per week. Techuz does a good job of maintaining progress and pushing ahead, even when I don’t reach out to them. One of the best benefits of this collaboration is that they do a good job of staying on top of the project and communicating with me. I can be hard to reach, but they’re persistent and remind me when we need to have conversations.

I’ve worked with a lot of outsourced companies and freelance developers, and Techuz stood out in comparison. It’s been great to do business with them. They’re very agreeable. They like to understand the problem that they’re solving at a deep level to have context as they’re building solutions for it. And, they do that with good energy and ask good questions about details.

I’d like them to be available more during my work hours. Sometimes it’s hard to connect because of the 12-hour time difference.

They’re a great group to work with. They have a lot of different skills within their organization. On many of the projects that I’ve worked with them on, they can find the skills they need to execute on the project.

Overall Score I enjoy working with them. They’re nice people.
    They’ve delivered mostly on time. Sometimes things take longer, and I understand that.
    Their resources are abundant, and they’re very cost-effective. The high-quality code they write translates to high value to me.
    They write good code. Because I change what they deliver to me, I need to be able to jump into a well-structured project, and that’s what I get from them.
    They’re technical leaders. I recommend them as a good group that has broad skills. They have the resources to get projects done with good quality work.

Online Food Ordering Tracker App Dev for Software Company

“The apps continue to work incredibly well for us.”

Mar. - June 2017

Techuz built an order receiving tablet app from scratch, assisting internal developers on a complementary mobile app (iOS and Android) for placing orders.

Flagstaff, Arizona
CEO, Software Company

Techuz's final product has helped streamline the ordering process for both customers and internal staff. Their collaborative, transparent approach allowed parameters of the project to be met with minimal issues. Not a day went by without communicating with their team.

I'm the CEO of an online food ordering software company for restaurants.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We were trying to get our order receiving tablet app completed, so our customers could actually receive orders from the restaurant through their devices without having to call.

Techuz built the order receiving tablet app from scratch, and helped our development team build a mobile app (iOS and Android) that allows customers to order from their device. Once an order is placed, the in-store tablet rings. If no one confirms the order through the tablet within a few minutes, the phone rings to alert the staff of an order as a failsafe.

They assigned two people to us, along with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

One of my internal developers recommended them, so I interviewed them and thought they seemed like a good fit for us.

We've spent in the range of $8,000–$15,000.

We worked with them from March 2017 until the app launched at the end of June 2017.

The app Techuz developed has streamlined orders from both the perspective of the customer as well as the restaurant staff. The apps continue to work incredibly well for us.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Our teams communicated daily throughout the process and we never had a problem. Their team provided clarity on the estimate and timeframe of the project, delivering it within the agreed upon terms. Despite taking longer than anticipated, requiring more of their time, they still managed to adhere to the budget.

They got the job done within the budget and timeline promised—a rarity among other app developers.

No. They achieved the task they were given, even if our instructions weren't as clear as they could've been.

Make sure your instructions and timeframes are very clear before you go into development to avoid any unexpected hiccups later on in the process.

They delivered just a week beyond the deadline, which is great for a project concerning software.
    They adhered to the scope and completed the job exactly as asked.
    I'm very likely to refer them to others.

White Labeled Laravel Dev for IT Agency

“They've improved a lot and we produced much better products. I was happy with those results and I'm glad everything has worked out.”

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Techuz serves as an extra set of hands for larger Laravel-based projects. They translate design concepts into sites and web apps that meet a broad range of user needs, though they often miss deadlines.

Netherlands
CEO, IT Company

Coding expertise and cost have made Techuz an enduring partner. Significant improvement has been seen after a year of struggling with poor timeline estimates and ineffective communication regarding project specifications.

I'm a web developer based in the Netherlands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We have an in-house development team here, but sometimes we outsource to Techuz for Laravel projects when we need additional help.

They normally create custom features in Laravel, and those vary depending on the client's needs. For a sales-oriented site, they might build a product preview interface from scratch where the customer can choose different items, change the colors, and so on. We'll outline the kinds of features the client is looking for and how we want them developed, and then they deliver what we need.

When we work with them we'll come up with a sketch or a design and request an estimate of how much time they'll need to build the site. After that's ironed out, we send them a final design so they can do the coding and fix bugs. We interface with the actual clients if there are any issues. Techuz does white-label work for us on these projects, so everything has our brand and our name.

We worked with four or five people on our last project, including the project manager and some developers. They'll scale the number of developers depending on the size of the project.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I found them on UpWork. We tried many other partners as well, but Techuz had some of the best prices, so we decided to give them more work. It took a few projects, but they clicked with us. They're willing to deliver more than their initial time estimate and have a work ethic similar to ours. We felt like they'd be a good team to work with because we were on the same level.

It's quite difficult to choose a firm because everyone claims they're one of the best. Since we don't know what that means, we had to try many teams to see if they were capable of doing the work we needed. We still haven't found a perfect match, but Techuz is one of the partners we've worked with the longest.

At this point, more than $50,000.

We started working together in early 2016 and we're still working with them.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

We've made some good products together, but some of the earlier ones perhaps weren't the best because of communication issues. When we started working with them in 2016, they had some difficulties meeting deadlines and communicating with us, and as a consequence, those products could have been better. However, within the past year, they've improved a lot and we produced much better products. I was happy with those results and I'm glad everything has worked out.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

I speak with both the project manager and the developers every day when we're working on a project, and I think they try their best to deliver good work. One area where we've had problems is that they don't always correctly estimate the amount of time that a project will take. When I give my client an estimate, like 100 hours to deliver a site, I assume that's a fixed promise. I've run into issues with them telling me those deadlines are flexible and it could take longer, which is frustrating.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

The last project they made had fewer bugs, so that was good. They don't always understand well when we explain a project and what functionality we want, and it frequently takes double the estimated time to complete something. But this past project went well and took less time to make, so I'm impressed with how much they've been improving. I hope that continues.

In what specific areas can they improve?

I think it's important to improve communication. I'd also like to see improvement in project estimates. If they tell me 100 hours and I relay that to my client, I need them to hold to that. I've told them that if they need to add a buffer of extra time, do it from the start instead of waiting until near the end of the project, otherwise the client feels cheated and it can hurt our reputation.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

Make your briefing clear and have everything outlined on paper, and add extra time to whatever they estimate.

Overall Score It's been pretty good, even with the difficulties.
    They've changed a lot since 2016 and now they meet their deadlines within the timeframe they set, so it’s a 5 for improvement.
    They deliver what they promise.
    The quality has improved in the past year. They're on schedule and they work hard to get things done.
    I'd have to think about it. I wouldn't want a friend to receive the low quality I experienced at first.

Website Revamp for Online Tire Retailer

"The quality of work was very good and their price was competitive."

Oct. 2016 - Dec. 2017

Techuz turned a static e-commerce site into a mobile-responsive one in order to increase its organic visitors. Through a single contact person, they divided the work into nine milestones and delivered.

Oxford, United Kingdom
James Harris
Marketing Consultant, Alloy Wheel Direct

The revamped site has produced a 25% increase (give or take) in mobile traffic. Techuz was attentive and willing to handle change requests or additional bug testing. The whole process was smooth thanks to their collaborative and diligent approach, and there’s nothing notable that needs improvement.

I’m a marketing consultant for Alloy Wheels Direct, an e-commerce organization that sells alloy wheels and tires to consumer worldwide.  I’m also responsible for the recruitment, management, and allocation of projects to outsourced web developers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Techuz?

We initially hired them to support the conversion of our fixed-width, static e-commerce site to a responsive mobile-friendly one.

We wanted to increase organic traffic to our site by making it mobile friendly.

We created a job specification which circulated on Upwork. We then interviewed candidates via Skype based on their initial response. We shortlisted about 10 companies and after going through further discussions with them, we selected Techuz.

We worked closely with them over several months. The job was broken down into nine milestones that covered different areas of the site. Their task was to complete the conversion of each section of the website to our satisfaction before moving on to the next area. Each milestone involved several iterations and testing to iron out bugs, which was all achieved by working collaboratively with them.

We were assigned a single point of contact—Jignesh [Lead UI/UX Desgner, Techuz]. I believe there were several others supporting him but he alone managed the internal team.

We saw a significant increase of about 25% in mobile traffic following the completion of the project.

Jignesh was very easy to work with and met all our expectations. Whenever we asked for additional changes or bug testing, our requests were listened to and put into action. There was very little, if any, friction between the two teams. Tech people are very customer focused.

It was a very enjoyable experience to work with Jignesh; he’s an excellent communicator and he worked diligently in partnership with our existing team to successfully convert our website from a fixed-width site to a responsive design. The quality of work was very good and their price was competitive.

Not that I can think of.

App Dev for Lighting Company

“The team from Techuz is very nimble, very responsive, and very available… and they produce phenomenal code.”

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Techuz is developing a unique set of ERP software that complies with regulatory standards. Assigned resources are integrating engineering, auditing, and email features into the custom platform.

Vancouver, Washington
Tech Director, Lighting Company

The engineers from Techuz can quickly digest information, allowing them to produce excellent code that meet highly technical requirements. Other highlights include phenomenal communication and project management. Their ability to adapt is impressive.

I work for a lighting company. I’m the technical product manager and lead engineer for all of our SSL [secure sockets layer] development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We needed to upgrade incumbent older facilities to new technology. That meant we had to develop a set of software that’s non-existent within my marketplace. In the last two years, two other players came into the industry with similar products that do not follow our regulatory body standards. We needed to follow our regulatory body standards, so we’ve decided to make a custom solution and deploy that.

They built me an iOS and Android app and a web portal with an ERP [enterprise resource planning] solution, as well as a full sales solution inside the web portal. The auditing app audits the old building, and then the information goes in per the standards that we’ve developed. The app makes the logical match of what the new replacement products are going to be, produces a report, and emails it to my sales guys. It does all the financial calculations that we need. We’ll also be doing a Windows app by the end of the year. I typically work with three to five different resources from Techuz.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I came to the company after Techuz was hired.

How much have you invested with Techuz?

We’ve spent around $100,000.

We started working with them in February 2016, and the work is ongoing.

We just pushed a live update last week. We’re working through all the new changes right now with all my new users in order to start the next iteration. All of the work that they’ve done for me met the IESNA Standard [Illuminating Engineering Society of North America]. We tell them that they’ve gone from being computer programmers to lighting engineers. They have invested countless hours and resources into studying my industry and learning my terminology so that they could apply our standards. Based on my schedule, I can train them to be lighting designers so that they understand what I’m talking about. I tell them what I want, and they’re able to do it for me.

The mobile app was predicated on a power density calculation—what’s known as lumens per watt. This very simplistic matrix is only used to calculate power density. To make it a success story, we’ve actually changed that propagation to where it’s a lumen comparison—the total amount of flux or light being  produced by the fixture. We then factor in the different shapes and colors of lights, which have an impact on the performance. Where everything used to be a very static number predicated on consumption, now it’s predicated on output and has a multiple variable matrix. Techuz enabled us to come up with a correct solution and predicate it on IESNA standards.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

These guys have really phenomenal project management. They have a web-based reporting and task system, which is used to share all of the different parts of the program. They can take PowerPoint presentations or videos and things that I have, digest that information, and turn it back around into a steady platform.

Their ability to communicate has been phenomenal. We do a lot of Skype phone calls where we share each other’s screens and a lot of still image captures. I’m notorious for building 100-page PowerPoints and sending it to them, and they go through all of those. There’s not a form of communication that we don’t use other than standard phone calls due to international rates.

What did you find most impressive about Techuz?

I was impressed by their ability to adapt. They were building a lighting software with an accountant and an electrical engineer, and nobody in the entire organization knew anything about lighting. We were looking at everything that they’ve ever done in a different way to be able to change and keep up within six months. It speaks volumes. It’s what enabled me to say, “Yes, this custom platform is where we need to go and stay financially committed to.” I could tell my bosses that “This is a way of venturing forward.”

It took me three months to find a limit, where they couldn’t turn in something within two days. It took me a long time to start throwing very heavy, complex matrix calculations, what ifs, and different formulas at them for them to actually need a minute to respond. Most everything that I ask them for was done by the next day. The team from Techuz is very nimble, very responsive, and very available. They do all of these great technical things, and they produce phenomenal code.

Are there any areas Techuz could improve?

The artistic impression of certain things would be the only critique that I can give them. That’s in terms of modernizing the way that things look, a lot of which is left up to the client. Think of it as wrapping it up and putting on a pretty bow—the wrapping is good. The bow? Not so much. They could expand on their graphic diversity and the look of things, but I’m sure that’s pretty much predicated on the client. They need to show something that makes it interesting, adds a “wow” factor. I’m not saying that the stuff is flat. It’s not. It’s very dynamic. It’s very intuitive. It works very well, but it could be more. Every time I’ve asked for something more dramatic, they’ve been able to deliver. It’s just not something they initially offer, and I think that has to do with their business model.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Techuz?

I would say reach for the sky. There’s nothing that these guys can’t do. But in reaching for the sky, you have to be a very practical person. You have to be able to give them the relevant information that they need in order to be successful. In any project, set them up for success.

Make sure that you know what it is that you want. If you don’t know what you want, then state that. Coming into something lukewarm and half-knowing is fine if you can own that as a product developer. The minute you can admit and express what your downfalls are as the project coordinator, they can fill that in for you. They’re excellent at doing that. But if you take the approach that you know everything, you’re not really using them to their fullest potential. Just like with any artist, you have to give them the leeway to give you an artistic interpretation of what it is that you want. And if you don’t like the end result, they can always change it. But know what it is that you want going into this kind of business platform and working with someone like that. Make sure that you are well-equipped to go into this kind of endeavor. It’s very detail-oriented. The more details you can provide, the better they will perform for you.

Overall Score They’ve been a really great programming team. They’ve been very personable, very cost-effective, and very much on time.
    Every time I’ve set them up to meet a deadline and give them adequate information, they’ve always delivered ahead of schedule.
    They have a great value proposition. Their invoicing is always fair. It’s always on time and adequate for what’s on par. However, I always feel there’s room for improvement in that area.
    Their ability to perform, to manage resources for you, is second to none. I’ve had guys work on weekends and on international holidays for me to ensure that products are completed.
    I’ve already referred them to several people I know within the commercial lighting industry.

E-Commerce Dev for Sartorial Company

“They had the ability to take requirements, understand, and implement them perfectly.”

Apr. - Aug. 2013

Techuz built an optimized Magento platform catering to people purchasing clothes online. The site required custom features, such as measurement modules, which the project team designed and implemented.

11- 50 Employees

Noida, India
Founder, Sartorial Clothing Company

The launched site became an exemplar of web design in the Indian e-commerce space, which is attributed to Techuz’ ability to understand client requirements and execute them perfectly. Assigned resources demonstrate technical expertise and deliver timely results.

We are one of the foremost emerging menswear brands in the Indian online market. The company was started in 2011. We mainly sell through our own channel, but also through major Indian premium fashion marketplaces. We’re also entering the offline retail market. We bring style and menswear together, guiding and inspiring Indians to look sharp and dress smart.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We built our own online platform at the start of the company. Our aim was to connect directly with consumers, in a manner which would not have been possible offline—where we were restricted by the store managers and stylists appointed to our brand. In terms of content, product styling, trying different looks and launching products quickly, the online space is a beautiful place to achieve this. Our visibility can be expanded to any location, albeit it requires a lot of digital marketing effort. It was the best way for our company to start, and we have gained quite a lot of visibility in India by doing so.

Techuz developed our Magento e-commerce site. I interacted with two or three people from their management team, as well as with a couple of technicians. I don’t know exactly how many people worked on the platform, but we had two main points of contact. We discussed each and every feature with Techuz. The site required a lot of customizations, including measurement modules, all of which were implemented nicely.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

They were referred by one of my friends. I trusted their reference. Techuz was a good fit for our needs, so I didn’t consider other options.

How much have you invested with Techuz?

The cost of Techuz’ work was around $10,000–$15,000.

We started working with Techuz in March 2013. The platform was completed within three or four months, but we’ve given additional requirements to Techuz that would continue the development for almost 1 ½ years. We launched the site in August 2013.

Techuz delivered what was expected in an excellent manner. It was a fairly optimized site, but I don’t have any basis for comparison. We have continued to scale the platform. People have appreciated it a lot. The platform has become a standard in our industry. Many other companies are looking to build sites similar to ours.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was delivered on time and within budget. We mainly communicated over the phone and shared requirements through email. The platform was completely tested before delivery, and we had a chance to evaluate it before launching.

What did you find most impressive about Techuz?

We were impressed by their ability to roll out requirements on time and understand what is expected of them. I’ve had experiences with other firms, before and after working with Techuz, and always saw mistakes. I never had any issues with Techuz. They had the ability to take requirements, understand, and implement them perfectly.

Are there any areas Techuz could improve?

There’s nothing I can think of.

Be clear about the requirements and have a good understanding of the project. Once a scope of work is ready, Techuz will take care of everything. They have a strong tech team who can manage and implement the work.

Techuz worked hard to meet our schedule. We’ve had to push for a quick prelaunch, which we informed Techuz about later on. They were able to understand us and helped us launch on time.
    I was fine with the quotation, but we always look for a lower cost.
    The product delivered was exceptional. We have an efficient and optimized site.
    I received a good reference, and I’d be glad to refer Techuz to anyone else looking to do a good job.

Software Dev for Solutions Provider

"This was the most reliable app development we've had in some time."

Aug. - Oct. 2016

Techuz was subcontracted to develop a web frontend configurator with a complex backend architecture. The team produced a modifiable and fully database-driven product.

Irvine, California
James Abraham
IT Manager, SecureVault Consulting

Thanks to Techuz’s technical and organizational skill sets, the completed solution met all key criteria within the established timeline and budget. Their quick response to sudden scope expansions and eagerness to meet specifications ensured a viable, functional product.

SecureVault Consulting is a solutions provider and cloud-hosting company predominantly focused on enterprise applications such as Oracle business solutions, EBS, PeopleSoft, etc. We also do host a number of Oracle backend with web frontend apps for various clients. I’m the director of cloud services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

Our niche is various Oracle apps—on the sales side of Oracle applications, PeopleSoft applications, ERP, etc. Our client’s project was a high-end web frontend configurator that would really stretch our capabilities to its limits. Rather than derail ourselves, we wanted to find someone who had the right expertise to do this quickly and efficiently.

One of our clients was trying to come up with a sophisticated but low-cost—it's hard to put both of those in the same sentence—web-based app that would have a database backend. It would allow them to let their clientele of customizable high-end automobiles come into the website and be able to pick, in a configurator application, all of the attributes that they were interested in of an automobile. On the fly, the configurator would modify the look and feel of the automobile that they were configuring for themselves and show options and pricing of every attribute and option.

They would begin with a default, de facto automobile. When they were done, it would be totally and completely customized—the outside, inside, engine, and many other functionalities—to their liking. At the end, they would be able to self-service and create a login for themselves, add credentials, and save the configuration, so to speak, of their own parts. Whenever the item would be ready, they would be able to submit deposits and basically initiate the build of their automobile of choice.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

We did interview a good six or seven companies. Amongst them, Techuz came out first in terms of the rating scale that we had. In this day and age, it didn’t really matter to us where the provider was. First and foremost was having that sense of comfy/cozy with their ability to do the job. Their background showed that they had the technical skill sets to do the work. We had to make sure that they had the right level of communication and organizational skills to be able to work with us efficiently, and we felt that it was there. Aside from those skill sets, then, of course, came the price. Pre-existing customer satisfaction was another criterion. I think those were our top five criteria in picking them. We did reference checks on them, saw their work, and got some detailed technical specs of the work. In the end, we were convinced that they would be able to do the job better than anyone else in our list of six or seven companies.

How much have you invested with Techuz?

Let me preface this answer by saying that for typical companies we spoke to that had the other qualifications, when it came to price, they were anywhere from three to four times higher. That was somewhat scary because here's a company that appears to have the qualifications but is a lot less expensive. Our typical tier-one competitors for them were pricing their app at somewhere between $15,000 to $25,000. We got this app done with $5,000.

They started roughly in August of 2016 and ended by late September or early October of 2016. They completed the work, but our client modified the requirement. Techuz bent backward and forward to meet them and deal with their scope changes without really increasing the costs. In the few places where they actually did make a change request, that was more than justifiable. The client understood and accepted, so they completed the project on time and within budget.

This particular product wouldn't qualify for producing analytics; rather, it is the architecture of the work. The key in this project was that the product needed to be scalable and modifiable and that every entity in the app had to be database-driven. Those key criteria were met, and we knew that because every time a change was requested, it didn't architecturally change anything, other than adding a field here or there to a pre-existing table. The client was more than satisfied. In fact, we've had multiple other clients introduced by them because of the level of satisfaction they've had from the product.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Vaibhav [CEO, Techuz] was our primary point of contact, and we found him to be extremely responsive and pleasant to work with. We saw him and interacted with him, and he worked with his team on the backend. He understood requirements, deliverables, and timelines, and he delivered to that.

What did you find most impressive about Techuz?

From our expectations and what we got at the end, our sense was that, for a project of our size, this was the most reliable app development we've had in some time. Techuz understood the specifications in terms of the quality of deliverables. Vaibhav was able to understand what was expected in terms of the look and feel of the product. They were able to meet our expectation completely. All in all, they were there technically. Personally, I would say that Vaibhav wasn't nickeling or diming us or our client, and he was there to make sure that promises that were given were kept. Everybody was basically happy at the end of the day.

Are there any areas Techuz could improve?

As a business owner, I think that the one case that came up was the client requested changes for things that were really out of scope, and Vaibhav took it and delivered. Then, at the end, he requested to be compensated for it. I shared with him that I understood where he was coming from. I saw that his request was fair. But, in that particular case, he had not brought it up. He went ahead and did the job first, and then afterward he brought it up. I felt that this was not quite the right way to do it. Professionally, when you notice a scope change, you bring it up right then and there: either the client agrees with it and you proceed with taking care of it, or they change their mind and may or may not want to do it, once they realize there is a cost associated with it. In this case, Vaibhav's team already had taken care of the request, and it was an after-the-fact issue. So, if the client didn't accept, which they didn't, there was nothing that we could do.

Fortunately, a few other things came up later. This time, I had my honest conversation with Vaibhav and asked him to please bring up these issues. The moment you feel that something is not within the original scope, bring it up because you understand specifically what it's going to take to get it done. You see the scope, and you understand if that's changing the scope better than anybody else. From that point onward, they brought up anything that they felt looked like a change, and the client was okay with it.

Clarity is always, in projects, our best friend. In the beginning, if you have any specific technical or architectural expectations, lay that out flat. Know what tool sets and so forth they’re going to use to develop the product. Specifically ask, in advance, for an architectural diagram and entity relationship diagram that shows all the tables, fields, and objects that are used in the project. This documentation would let you drive the project with more clarity from the get-go.

For the most part, every time we were specific in terms of due dates for a portion of the product, they were able to meet it. I think only once they had a developer traveling and slipped a day or two. Other than that, they met all the rest.
    They were about 80% less expensive than any other competitor that we spoke to.
    Essentially, they delivered to the scope and exceeded the client's expectations.
    We would definitely recommend them.

App Dev for Tennis Club

"They’ve been very good. I'm very happy."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Techuz developed an iOS and Android app and a website for a tennis club. Key features include online booking and noticeboard updates. They currently work on further enhancements to the app.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Brian Cushnie
Director, Wallace Park Indoor Tennis Center

Techuz provided a convenient app that has over 200 users, which allows members to play with new people and has increased overall club usage. Their systematic project management style ensures a smooth process by including to-do lists, which results in a great product. Their good English is also a plus.

I run Wallace Park Indoor Tennis Center in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. I’m the director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Techuz?

We were looking to build an application to link tennis players together so that they can meet each other and therefore book more of our tennis courts. We were trying to sell our tennis facility by getting people to play more so that we would increase usage of the club. The app would also put our noticeboard online; whenever we're running events at the tennis center, it would go directly to people's phones, where they're going to see it as opposed to seeing the noticeboard if they come to the club.

I had a Word document with what I wanted each screen to look like and they worked from that spec. They delivered the product that I was looking for based on that. I had a clear idea of what I wanted them to do, and they did it very well. They built us an iOS and Android app for Play More Tennis and a website, playtenn.is. Those allow us to put up information about events on the app. If players download the free app, they can click that they want to come to a certain event. This allows us to see who is coming and allows them to see what's on for their ability level. They didn’t provide marketing or strategy services.

How did you come to work with Techuz?

I found them through Upwork. What made them stick out were their reviews of people being happy with them, how many hours they had done, and their success rate percentage. That's what we were using as criteria.

How much have you invested with Techuz?

It's ongoing work because there are additions that we've now decided to put in since then. Whenever it's finished, it'll be about £22,000-£23,000 [US $28,436–$ 29,729].

We started in March 2016, and it's ongoing.

The members of the club are using the app. We want to make the app available worldwide so that other clubs can use it. But for the moment, it's only our club and ours is quite small, consisting of three indoor tennis courts and a public park. Yet, we have over 200 people using the app here, so it's been very useful in terms of getting more people to play more often. Getting people to meet each other was the main thing for us. We have a lot of players who tend to play the same people every time, whereas what we wanted was that they would arrange to play with people they didn't know. It's been very useful for that.

How did Techuz perform from a project management standpoint?

Skype and Teamwork would be the main tools that we used. I give them the spec, they build the spec, and then they deliver a version to me. I check the version, and then I go on Teamwork and make a list of things that I want to be changed/corrected or improved. They work down them and tell me when those are done, and I check them off. That's how we've worked each time.

Project management has been very good. They estimated how long it would take to build along with particular things that I wanted to be added after that, and they were able to do this for me. We're adding a bit more now, including online booking. They’re really building on the success of what we did with the initial app. We've decided to expand it and use it for a few other functions as well.

What did you find most impressive about Techuz?

They are easy to work with. That was a big thing for me. Whenever you're working with a company in India, you worry whether how good their English is going to be. When I meet them on Skype, I totally understood them, making it easy to deal with. That counts for a lot for me.

Are there any areas Techuz could improve?

Not really. I haven't had any real problems with them at all. They've been quite good. There are a few things that knock things off like whenever iOS goes up from 9 to 10, but that's not really their fault. Systems change a wee bit and things on the app need changes.

I would recommend them. I think they are very good, and I'm glad I found them. To be honest, trying to find the right company was quite daunting for me because I haven't built an app before. I was very conscious that I could get the wrong company and it could be very difficult, but I've enjoyed working with them. It's been a very pleasant experience. They know what they're doing in terms of them telling me to use Teamwork, along with their nice systematic process of making a list, fixing the list, and ending up with the product. This helped the thing to go smoothly.

Overall Score I've been very pleased.
    They've met the deadlines well. I've added things on at times which held things up a bit, but their part of it has been good.
    It's been very good. In comparison with what we would pay in the United Kingdom, it's been better.
    They’ve been very good. I'm very happy.
    I certainly would.

Wordpress Plugin Development for Analytics Company

"They delivered on-time and communicated well."

Feb. - May 2017

Techuz built a WordPress plugin in PHP for an existing website.

Gorkem Cetin, PhD
Product Manager, Countly

The team communicated well and delivered nearly everything on-time. They had an impressive grasp on the project requirements.

I am the product manager and co-founder of Countly, a mobile and web analytics marketign company founded in 2013. We have 20 employees worldwide.

For what projects/services did your company hire Techuz?

We needed developers to build a WordPress plugin because we didn't have the releavnt expertise in-house.

We wanted the plugin written in PHP. Before, we only had a plugin through Countly's software development kit (SDK).

We worked with them on another project and wanted to continue the relationship.

They built the Wordpress plugin according to our internal guidelines. We also provided analysis documentation.

The team included one project manager and one developer throughout development.

We don't have measurable results yet.

They delivered on-time and communicated well. They almost never missed deadlines.

They understood the project requirements and respected our deadlines. Their communication skills also stood out.

I can't think of anything.

Silver