mobile apps with attitude

GOLD VERIFIED

Tapptitude is a Product Studio that partners with funded startups and established brands to build interactive, mobile-first products that people love to use.

We work with our clients as Product Partners, supporting them proactively throughout the journey from idea to launching a product and scaling it up. Startups and brands work with us to define their product, design their prototype, develop their MVP and scale a successful product.

Our process stands out through our early focus on value and close partnerships. We work on each product to identify and create easy acquisition flows, generate value early to retain users, and build a solid infrastructure for scalability.

Our workflows are based on lean principles, rapid prototyping techniques and agile development, making us very fast and flexible in iterating value to users.

Our solutions for startups:

• Product definition
  • Rapid prototyping
  • MVP development

Our solutions for larger organisations:

• Design sprints
  • UX research and persona design
  • Evidence-based growth plan

Our technical team delivers full-stack implementation solutions, to build Native and React Native products for iOS, Android, Wearable Devices and the Web.

Our services include:

• AI, Machine learning and data science
  • Full Testing and QA
  • Product launch solutions
  • Product growth

We’ve built products for industries like:

• IoT

• The Handbag Factory, 3 Loughborough Street
    London SE11 5RB
  • 109 S 5th St.
    New York, NY 11249

Startups: Tenor, Olly, Shebah, Ride, Rindle, Speaken, Kubo, SmartDreamers, Palate Wizards Enterprise: Turk Telekom, Telenav, Discogs, Honda, Denza, Protiviti, Vias Wine, Imobiliare, FlyCleaners

Tap2Map Image

Tap2Map

Capture and process aerial photos to a 3D model.

Services: Product consultancy | UX and UI design | iOS development | Backend solutions | QA Testing

Shebah Image

Shebah

The ridesharing app made by women, for women and children.

Services: iOS Development | Android Development | Backend Solutions | QA Testing

RIDE Image

RIDE

Sustainable shared transportation all over Australia.

Olly by Emotech Image

Olly by Emotech

The First Smart Home Robot with Personality

Services: Consultancy | UI & UX Design | iOS App Development | Android App Development

Hudly Image

Hudly

A heads-up display for drivers, Hudly benefitted from Tapptitude's rich experience in mobile and custom software design.

Services: Consultancy | UI & UX Design | iOS App Development | Android App Development

Tenor  Image

Tenor

Multi-million user base GIF keyboard app that allows users to choose from millions of emotionally tagged GIFs.

Services: Consultancy | Android App Development

Speaken Image

Speaken

The new way of learning English is mobile: international tutors and live-streamed, interest-based lessons.

Services: Consultancy | iOS App Development | Android App Development

Imobiliare Image

Imobiliare

User-facing mobile app for the biggest real estate portal in Romania.

Consultancy | UI & UX Design | iOS App Development | Android App Development

Rindle Image

Rindle

Task management mobile app that enables organizations to create a standard communication channel at every level.

Services: Consultancy | iOS App Development

FlyCleaners Image

FlyCleaners

On-demand laundry & dry-cleaning service in New York, managed straight from the phone, allowing the user full control.

amparcat.ro Image

amparcat.ro

The smart, fast and easy way to pay for parking in Romania, available for iOS and Android.

Services: UI & UX Design | iOS App Development | Android App Development | Backend Development | Backoffice Development

SmartDreamers Image

SmartDreamers

The job market in the user's pocket: a recruitment app with a super-handy chat feature that enables people and companies to connect like never before.

Services: Consultancy | UI & UX Design | Android App Development

App Development For Music Streaming Company

"Tapptitude will take the time to understand and go through the details of our needs."

2014 - Ongoing

Tapptitude built a mobile app on Android and iOS for an online music streaming service. The app allowed users to search for songs, create playlists, and curate music feeds.

Romania
Sergiu Biris
CEO, Zonga Music

The streaming app boasted over 1 million regular users and accumulated around 10,000 new downloads each month. Tapptitude impressed with their meticulous organization, technical skill, and collaborative management process. The agency asked questions about the project and made valuable suggestions.

I am the CEO of Zonga Music, Romania’s first music subscription service, similar to Spotify.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

I have worked with Tapptitude for two different companies, including one called Trilulilu, Romania’s first user-generated content website. Tapptitude developed the preview apps for it, and everything else, from the beginning.

We were looking for mobile development companies to help us with our apps for Zonga Music. I had an internal team, but I needed extra help on different projects.

We have worked with Tapptitude on several projects. They’ve either developed apps from scratch, or helped us with various smaller tasks on our current apps.

Right now, they are developing an app which will be a spinoff of the current product. We’re taking the apps we have now and building upon those existing features, as well as adding some new features on top. Tapptitude is working on the iOS and Android apps, as well as providing some help on the backend.

The app is a legal music-streaming service. We have contracts with different music labels, and the app contains our entire music catalog of around 36 million songs. It has features like creating playlists, adding songs to a “favorites” list, and caching the music for offline listening on phones. Users can also see artists’ “discover” feeds and listen to them, search through our 36 million songs by artist and album, and listen to any song or album they like.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

I remember meeting Lucian Cocan [Delivery Manager, Tapptitude] at an event focusing on startups in the mobile development area. I don’t remember what the first project was, but we had a trial, and I decided to keep working with Tapptitude.

There have been quite a few projects over time. For the current one, the cost has been around $25,000.

We started the latest project with Tapptitude around two months ago. We are in the phase of setting things up and preparing for the actual development work. The collaboration started 3 years ago, and the rest of the projects were finished quite a while ago.

We have over 1 million registered users and around 10,000 new downloads per month on the music app.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

They are organized. The people on their team that we’ve worked with are capable and professional in every way.

Tapptitude is serious about the work, and they take the time to understand our needs. They’re not the type of agency where a client can go and start the work straight away. Tapptitude will take the time to understand and go through the details of our needs and requests, and determine if all the details of the project are understood on the business owner’s side, so that they can control costs better going forward. This is something which not a lot of agencies offer, and it’s a good attribute of Tapptitude.

No. I’m very satisfied with the work.

Very likely. I’m recommending them all the time.

Native Dev for Community Reviews App

"Tapptitude (formerly Archbolt) has had a substantial impact on our ability to target and acquire new users at a feasible cost."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Tapptitude (formerly Archbolt) serves as technology advisors for an app development project. They rebuilt a database in AWS; natively built the app for web, iOS, and Android platforms; and integrated Google analytics.

Atlanta, Georgia
Paul Beauchamp
Marketing Manager, Community Based Reviews Platform

The app is easier to use with increased user retention by 10% and lower cost per user acquisition rates. Tapptitude's (formerly Archbolt) work has benefited marketing efforts by helping retarget and advertise more effectively. They foster an engaged partnership and go above and beyond to meet project specifications.

I am the head of marketing and development for an app that connects LGBT consumers with gay-friendly and gay welcoming businesses across the country. Easily put, we are the gay version of Yelp, offering reviews and deals for the LGBTQ community. I managed our partnership with Archbolt directly.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archbolt?

Before I started with the company they had hired a team out of Brazil for the original app development, but we were being told 'no' quite a bit and things were always falling behind. I made the decision to find a new developer. Archbolt was brought on to rebuild our front end.

They came on as tech advisors, first and foremost. We sat down with them for two days in New York and went over their process called the golden matrix. We hashed out every function of the app as it stands right now, pared it down to what we wanted our core function to be, and decided what we wanted the tech look like. They helped us refocus to best serve our users. From there, they were gracious enough to take on some of the database management, as well. That was part of our previous developer's role, but obviously, we didn't want two sets of developers having their hands in the pot. They rebuilt our database in AWS. Then they natively built out our web app, iOS, and Android.

We have one main project manager, but we are also were in communication with the entire team. There were about a dozen developers in total. In addition to our dedicated product manager, higher ups on the C level regularly checked in with us throughout the process.

How did you come to work with Archbolt?

We found them through a recommendation from a colleague. We vetted a bunch of companies and when we met with Archibold we were very impressed with their policies and how they wanted to work with us. We were looking for more of a partnership than just a vendor.

We started working in May 2016. We are now pricing them out to redo the backend and admin of our platform.

The first project was around $150,000, but we also spend more ongoing maintenance and development costs. The old code caused a lot of issues which were not foreseen. Archbolt worked outside the scope of the contract at no additional charge in an effort to make it right They really went above and beyond to make sure they kept to the promised budget.

The ease of use of the app has greatly improved and it's increased our user retention significantly- by about 10 percent. Retention is challenging so to increase it by about 10 percent is great. They've been very adaptable in helping us make changes that help our marketing team. For example, integrating Google analytics. This has been crucial for helping us retarget and advertise to get the most bang for our buck. Our cost per user acquisition dropped significantly. Archbolt has had a substantial impact on our ability to target and acquire new users at a feasible cost.

How did Archbolt perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Base Camp for communication. They were very transparent in all of their communications strategies and ideas. They made sure to provide reports every week, consistently. This made my life easier because I could easily communicate to my C level about our progress. Archbolt is very clear at communicating where we are, what we're doing, what's been accomplished, and what the next steps are.

I’m impressed by their willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure the product is completed to the specification the client asked for. They make sure what you pay for is a quality product. They're not going to agree to cheap out on it. Archbolt is very upfront and transparent about the cost which is refreshing compared to some vendors that will quote a lower price, but then later ask for another $100,000. In addition to transparency and honesty, one of the best traits is their communication, top down. They really act as partners, not as just a vendor.

They did a phenomenal job of getting our product out there and getting it done within the within the timeframe. When the timing had to be extended they were very open and honest on why and what was going on.

Dev & Marketing Consulting for Social Polling App

"Their recommendations are invaluable."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Tapptitude (formerly Archbolt) built several versions of an iOS app that manages social polls. They also integrated social media, built an administrative portal, and consulted on marketing and promotion.

Washington, DC
Mamie Cruse
CEO, OpinionUP

Feedback from initial users was highly positive, and cost per user was significantly below the norm. The team at Tapptitude (formerly Archbolt) continually impressed with their detailed reporting, proactive suggestions, and investment in the project's success. They were always accessible for questions and requests.

I am the CEO of a social polling platform. Our tagline is 'vote, share, compare' and people use the app to write polls and share them with their friends and see how they compare. We are an iOS app with a web presence and a pretty robust backend.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archbolt?

When Archbolt started we had no existing code, but we had a design team that had built a pretty robust prototype. We were looking to turn the vision that we had visually created into a tangible, working product. That's what Archbolt did.

Archbolt built an iOS app with Facebook and Google login capability using SDK (Software Development Kit). In version 1, for almost a year, we had a simple web app ran alongside the iOS app that they built, but we decided to shut that down with version 2. They also built a robust admin web based portal so we can log into and control the content on the app, moderate what's happening, and see the analytics.

Archbolt also advised us on marketing. We had a couple full day session where we talked about ways to generate PR, best practices for app install ads and the actual content for those adds. They've been a huge help with strategy and how to target people and marketing. Archbolt also provided recommendations for cold emailing tools I can use to help generate leads either PR or business leaders.

Matt [Founder, Archbolt] was my main point of contact when we were going through the proposal and figuring out the scope of the project. Once we started building the app, we got handed off to CC and Neal. I always had one or two people that were running the tech team. I don't know how large their team is and who is offsite or onsite, but I always had accessibility to a technical person. I used that day and night.

How did you come to work with Archbolt?

Punch Digital Strategies, our design team, reached out to a few different developers on our behalf. I choose Archbolt over the other options presented initially because of cost and the accessibility of the team. I wanted to be part of the process and I wanted to really have my finger on the pulse at all times. I got the feeling at the time that the best chance of this happening was with Archbolt.

We started working in January 2016 and the project is ongoing. Archbolt will be developing the Android version for us in the coming months.

We're definitely getting positive feedback from our users and our app cost per user is lower than the industry standard. I think a lot of that has to do with their help with marketing strategies like targeting the right kind of people and having the content in our ads match the content in the app.

How did Archbolt perform from a project management standpoint?

I received weekly, high-level updates, but usually a day doesn't go by that we're not talking the project. I wanted to be super involved and know what's going on at all times. We use basecamp to manage the project and a bug tracking tool called Instabug so I could go on the beta and shake my phone and then circle something I wanted to be changed. That was a really great way to communicate back and forth without having to write out all the changes. I've never had an issue getting in touch with somebody or getting an answer to a question.

Their overall investment in the project is the most noteworthy. At no point have I ever felt like they just wanted to get to the next work order. To the contrary, they're invested in sending me ideas that don't even relate to their scope of work on the app, necessarily. I'm really glad we chose them. At the time I didn't know what a differentiator that would be. There have been times when they could have just taken my money from additional work orders, but instead, they advised me that we needed to get the app up so we could get metrics and evidence to inform future changes. That's the type of relationship I have with them. I trust them. Their recommendations are invaluable.

I can't think of any complaints.

Overall Score They are great work with and have great personalities that make the work fun.
    imelines were always met and if they weren't, my expectations were managed and I was made aware of the circumstances at the time.
    We're getting a pretty incredible value.
    I always got grade A material and if there were issues with the material they would list them as known bugs so I knew what to expect.
    I have already referred a lot of people to them.

Mobile App Dev for GPS Location Mapping Application

“Projects like this are usually a headache for everyone involved, but with Tapptitude, it goes smoothly.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Tapptitude used Swift and Agile methodology to develop an iOS compatible startup application capable of functioning together with mapQ.

Startup

Switzerland
Founder, Social Platform

Seamless project management and the ability to deliver a quality product on time has helped build an overall pleasant relationship. Tapptitude instilled confidence in this project by giving attention to even miniscule details and by remaining proactive.

We had an idea for a productivity app as a small startup working to get our first MVP into the app store. I come from the digital business and have a lot of experience creating digital products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

I was searching for a partner who could help me bring a mobile application to life. I had wireframes and a UI design ready, but I needed a reliable team for the production.

One thing that was very important to me was that the project needed to be done according to the Agile Scrum framework. Agile and Scrum are buzzwords you often here, but very seldom did I meet companies who practice it.

I didn’t want a project price because once that is fixed, you will have discussions about what is in the scope of a project or not. I would rather focus only on the project. Since changes always happen during the progress (unlike with waterfall methods), Agile was the way to go. I needed to trust my partner. I took a risk since I had no experience with Tapptitude but it turned out I picked a good partner.

They provided two main services: project/product management and technical development, both of which were very good. They constantly helped me with updating the backend log, re-writing user stories, and selecting weekly sprints.

The purpose of the app is for people to efficiently store and organize places that matter to them. It’s a GPS based application which functions together with Google Maps. People can store locations and share it with friends, or collaborate together on lists. The app is different from TripAdvisor because it is more private and curated by people you know and trust. In a way, the app is like a group chat, but instead of text and media, it uses locations.

The short-term goal, which we are approaching very quickly, was to get an MVP in the app store. With weekly sprints, we have a tight production with fast improvements. I have had a group of friends who have been receiving each update through Fabric.io, so I collected feedback constantly.

Once the app is in the app store, we will start measuring and understanding how the app functions in the market so we can work towards a future – more effective - release. Right now, the app is mostly based on assumptions and limited market research.

Once we have the first market feedback, I will be working towards an Android release. I first need to retrieve more information on how the iOS version is received before I make another. I’d rather make one not-optimal app and be able to fix it, and then move on to an Android version.

I have a single contact point, a project manager, who is very knowledgeable and professional. I never had to repeat myself with him and things were well organized. There were two main developers who were focused on iOS and backend development, and then one person focused on Q&A.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

I found them online. I had some experience in their geographical market, and it was a more financially attractive area compared to companies in western Europe.

I found them on a comparison website - it may have been Clutch. I made a proposal document and sent it out to five different companies. Tapptitude gave the best impression out of all the interviews I conducted.

I’ve spent between $15,000-$20,000.

We started working together in June 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

I don’t have metrics yet because the app hasn’t gone live. From a user perspective and from my experience in the field, the quality is good. They go over the design closely, which is important to me. The response is good concerning the app, and they fill up technical gaps proactively. Built on common frameworks, the code in the backend is clean.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

Tapptitude came with good proposals, which is a pleasant way of working. They are really good in terms of what we agree upon every week, and they deliver what they promise. With the exception of one sprint or so, there hasn’t been a time where they couldn’t deliver according to our terms. We have several items each week which must be delivered on time, and they have remained dedicated.

We work remotely because I live in a different country, and also because I have another job. We have very little touch points, and once a week we have a meeting to correct any issues. We use Skype for video meetings, and Slack for exchanging files and small questions. We also have a Dropbox shared folder for source files and assets. We use JIRA for backlog management, as well as some distribution software from Fabric. This basically distributes an app to people who aren’t ending up in the app store, which requires some maneuvering. We use Firebase for analytics, among other software.

Things go relatively easy with Tapptitude. Projects like this are usually a headache for everyone involved, but with Tapptitude, it goes smoothly. That’s very valuable to me.

I have no suggestions for improvement. The project went smoothly, and I only had to make contact with very few people, which is pleasant.

Overall Score The communication was smooth, and I’m content with the product. I’d like to continue working with them because I’m really happy with their service and our relationship.
    The project timeline is not traditional due to lack of deadlines, which I insisted upon. That’s mostly my disadvantage as a customer, but it doesn’t matter. We have weekly Sprints and they’ve always delivered.
    It’s my private money so it hurts, but that’s okay. If I compare it to what we would have paid or what a company would have paid us, it could’ve been a lot more.
    I’ve been getting a lot of good stuff. I don’t want to give a 5 because there’s always something to improve upon. So I give them a 4.5, which to me is a 9 out of 10, and is a really good rating.
    Quite likely.

Andoid Dev For Language Learning Company

"It’s been a good advantage for us to find a company like theirs."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Tapptitude helped improve an existing iOS mobile application, and developed an Android version based on design mockups. They assisted with integrations and collaborated with an in-house UI/UX team.

Paris, France
Co-Founder, Language Learning Company

The Android app Tapptitude built has over 10,000 users just 6 months after development started. They are organized and flexible in their processes, transparent in their progress and they put in long hours when necessary. Tapptitude has a good mindset and the team easily understands ideas.

I am a co-founder of a company that provides a mobile application which allows French people to practice their English, working with an Uber-like model. Users are assigned to tutors in real-time, and they can click on a button whenever they want to start a session. There are very few situations in France where people can practice their English, so we bring them this value proposition.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

When we launched the company, we used freelancers for developing the iOS application in order to save money. We needed to improve it and also create a marketable Android version, so we decided to find a mobile agency.

Tapptitude was responsible for developing our Android application from scratch. We offered them some mockups in order to give an idea of the design, based on which Tapptitude created the first version, working with myself and our CTO. The person in charge of iOS on their side worked on the existing application, making improvements and debugging certain portions. Overall, we are using 2 full-time developers from Tapptitude’s side, one for each platform, as well as a project manager.

We made the decision to keep the UI/UX [user interface/user experience] design in-house and provided Tapptitude with all the mockups and wireframes necessary for the UX. They worked on integrations, and also provided advice if there was a better way to do something. We took them into consideration in most cases, and those inputs helped us develop the best application possible.

The app is available exclusively on Google Play and the Apple Store. We may develop a similar application for desktops, which will be targeted to B2B customers.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

Our CTO had worked with Tapptitude in the past and knew that they were a good company. We had a quick call with their team, as well as with another company which I knew, and ultimately decided that Tapptitude would be the best choice. They were the less expensive option, and we knew that their work was good.

How much have you invested with Tapptitude?

The cost of their work is $10,000 per month at the moment.

We started working with Tapptitude in January 2017.

The Android app was started from scratch 6 months ago and has passed the 10,000-user threshold a few days ago. We have around 250 downloads per day and are already earning revenue from the app. On the consumer side, our numbers aren’t very high, but we are continuing to improve and market the app. Tapptitude has created a good product.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

In the beginning, we had a schedule for reviewing the work which was ready for testing and looking at what was in the pipelines. We have since moved to Slack, where we can see what everyone is working on directly. When developers come to the office in Romania, they post what they will be working on and create a daily agenda. We have daily chats about what we need to add on the app, whether it’s bugs or other issues. If we identify a lower-priority item, we can change the order in which tasks are worked on.

Our CTO is also working with Tapptitude directly. We use GitHub as an issue repository, and we also call the team directly if there is something that can’t be explained over Slack. We also have a monthly call to ensure that everything is going well and to see if there is something to improve.

What did you find most impressive about Tapptitude?

When we first started working with Tapptitude, we were trying to hire developers in Paris. Recruiting proved to be a difficult task, but since we were satisfied with Tapptitude’s work, we changed our strategy and started using them as a business partner.

Compared to the cost of a developer in Paris, Tapptitude is a less expensive version, and the work quality is almost the same or even better in some cases. Even if we aren’t able to express ourselves in English as well as in French, we’ve never had difficulties making Tapptitude understand our ideas.

They were always willing to stay at the office longer before upcoming launches, or when they needed to communicate with our CTO in the US. Moreover, Tapptitude’s team is very young, and they have a good mindset. It’s been a good advantage for us to find a company like theirs, and we’re no longer concerned about building an in-house team.

Are there any areas Tapptitude could improve?

There were never any fires to extinguish, and whenever we needed to change something, we could tell Tapptitude directly.

We were late on some projects, but that was our fault.

Android App Development for HR Company

"I would recommend Tapptitude to any other company."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Tapptitude initially provided concept and design assistance, now focusing on mobile app development for Android using a four-person team. An iOS build is in the foreseeable future.

Tirgu Mures, Romania
Adrian Cernat
CEO, SmartDreamers

The app’s function of sending invites easily and massively is greatly appreciated by users, garnering a fourfold growth in engagement over the web version and receiving up to 27,000 downloads. Tapptitude’s strong suit is project management, timeline accuracy, and their great company culture.

I am the CEO and founder of a startup from central-eastern Europe called SmartDreamers. The business was started in 2014 in Romania, and we also operate in Hungary and Poland. In 2016, we saw a venture capital investment which helped us speed up the business. A part of the plan was to make our recruitment solution mobile as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

We didn’t have the necessary experience for developing a mobile app, but based on the figures we had in the marketing department, we knew that one was necessary. That’s where approximately 80% of candidates spent their time, and they didn’t have the best user experience with the mobile version of our website. We were looking for an experienced supplier. Tapptitude had experience in building apps for the international market, especially for US companies. As we are also from Romania, we decided to give them a try.

We gave Tapptitude an idea of what we wanted for the app. They helped us with the concept and design for it since that’s also an area where we’re lacking experience. They assigned four people to our project, including a very professional project manager. Before starting the work, we put together a well-defined timeline. We were nervous about this aspect since development usually takes longer than planned, but due to their good project management, we were able to deploy the app according to timelines.

The app was developed for Android since approximately 80% of users from central-eastern Europe are using it. We are planning to develop an iOS version as well, but it’s not a current focus.

The mobile app was built for candidates. We are a B2C business, connecting companies with resources and reaching out to individuals who don’t spend time on the classic recruitment platforms. When a job is posted there, a company will only target a fifth of people searching for a job—we help them reach the remaining candidates. We mainly reach people via social media and other alternative recruitment channels. Due to the fact that we use a multitude of advertising avenues, it’s highly important for us to make a simple connection and gain a good conversion rate from visitor to applicant. The mobile app allows candidates to apply for jobs easily. From that point on, they can also chat with recruiters, having a more human interaction process than the basic application. They can also review the timeline of their application, and stay in the know-how. There are no secrets in terms of total candidates. Users can also receive interview invites from companies searching our database. When they find eligible people, they can easily send an interview invite, which takes less time than actually calling people, is less intrusive, and can be done for 100 people in a matter of minutes. I find this to be the coolest feature, and we’ve had very good feedback for it.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

Our CTO has good connections in the IT market. He asked for recommendations from friends for a good company which could help us build a mobile app. One of his friends had worked for a US startup and developed an app using Tapptitude.

We had an initial discussion with Tapptitude in September 2016. The development was started in October.

We have reached close to 27,000 downloads and have four times better interaction and user engagement than on the desktop version. The average user spends four times more on the mobile app than on the main site. The interaction is also much better. Without the mobile app installed, our users will receive interview invitations via email, but the response rate for mobile is 12 times higher than it is for email, which is very helpful for us. We currently have 8,000 active users.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

This was the strongest point in the collaboration. Our project manager was professional, and we were quite surprised at the accuracy of the timeline. We also have an internal development department, and we usually allow for a three-week discrepancy, give or take. We mentioned that the timeline was important for us, since we also have investors who need to be kept happy, and needed to deploy the app by January 17th. In the end, we were able to achieve this.

During the project, we had weekly communication in order to check each segment of the mobile app. We used communication tools between our two IT departments, and we setup everything necessary in order to connect the mobile app and the website. Everything went smoothly.

What did you find most impressive about Tapptitude?

We got to know Tapptitude’s team in the three months of working on this project. Although the connection was made through a US startup, we are only 100 km apart from Tapptitude’s office. We saw that they had a very good organizational work culture and that their employees were quite engaged and happy with their jobs. It’s important to have this, and it made all the developers we interacted with be very customer oriented. This is a rare occurrence.

Are there any areas Tapptitude could improve?

My colleagues in the IT department might have something to mention, but there was nothing negative on my side. I would recommend Tapptitude to any other company.

This was a very strong point for Tapptitude.
    Their prices are geared more for the US market, but we are based in Romania. We could have chosen a lower-priced option in our country, but we decided to go with an experienced company in the mobile field.

App Dev for Data Company

"The internal results are great and they’ve been able to make everything work so far."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Tapptitude developed iOS and Android apps based wireframes provided by the client, after the original app development company assigned to this project did not meet their standards.

Co-Founder, Data Company

This project has had great internal results, and Tapptitude's ability to keep with deadlines and communicate along the way resulted in a great partnership.

We are a data company in New York City that is creating a collaborative search and market data platform for residential real estate in New York City.

I’m the COO, co-founder, and partner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

We needed to turn our data into conversations for our customers to see on their phone. We needed to bridge the gap between data on the internet to data on a mobile app.

We spec’d the project out in New York and Tapptitude is building the mobile app of the system. We gave them wireframes and they’ve done a little bit of design and are building both iOS and Android apps. They suggested some changes when our design didn’t match up with the functionalities we wanted and we adopted some of those.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

We originally started with another firm and it was a disaster. One of our engineers is in the same town in Romania as Tapptitude is located in and he said they were experts and we should use them.

We’ve spent between $50,000 to $100,000 with Tapptitude on this project.

We began working with them 6 months ago and the project is ongoing.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s a complex project but they’ve kept to their deadlines and have communicated any issues and how they plan to solve them.

What distinguishes Tapptitude from other providers?

They understand our challenges and what we’re trying to accomplish. They’re taking a much more holistic approach to solving some of the issues in the app than just making it work. They built to our goal and not just what we expect.

Is there anything Tapptitude could have improved or done differently?

We have a date that we want to wrap up and I would appreciate them sticking to that date.

Various App Dev Projects for Digital Agency

"Tapptitude sticks to their guns, and they do it well."

2013 - Ongoing

Tapptitude has developed several Windows, Android and iOS apps for a digital agency.

Palo Alto, California
CEO, DIgital Agency

Tapptitude's technical capabilities, organization and project management, especially as the scope of one of the projects changed.

I’m the CEO of a digital progressive agency that helps businesses use technology to grow.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

We’ve partnered with the mobile development specialists at Tapptitude on various projects to build apps.

Tapptitude has provided mobile development for Windows, Android and iOS, and we’ve worked on several projects together. We’ve also referred projects that aren't a good fit for us to them, and we’ve had positive feedback from all of those transfers.

I believe Tapptitude has done concept and design work, testing, launching, marketing, etc., with other clients, but I personally haven’t worked with them in that capacity, so I can't say for sure.

Tapptitude has tackled every problem we’ve encountered, and I can't think of a single example of where we’ve needed to build something, and they’ve said they couldn't do it.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

We met them at a mobile development conference. We were working on a specific project we had been given, and we needed their help because they were mobile developers, and we only had web developers. Beyond that, we’ve used them in various roles when we’re either at full capacity or we need some additional help on a certain project.

How much have you invested with Tapptitude?

I would say between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started working with them about three years ago, in 2013.

One project we had was building an app to spec that had some cool custom integrations, including a custom ebook reader. From a technical perspective, the project was a total success, but the company had not marketed it at all, not even a banner on their website’s homepage. In the end, the downloads weren’t that good, but it was in no way the fault of the technical developers.

We also did a pretty cool pro bono project. It was an autism therapy app prototype we built for a behavioral therapist. They partnered with us on that, and it was a cool project. Definitely one of the ones that makes you feel good about the world.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re organized, and they hit deadlines. There was only one instance when the scope of the project changed from the client’s end, and that’s always a difficult situation for a service company. We were able to work that out, and they were reasonable in how they worked it out. We don't work with a lot of subcontractors, because the results tend to be mixed. But Tapptitude is one we’ve gone back to consistently, because they are able to deliver, and we don't have to worry about them not delivering.

What did you find most impressive about Tapptitude?

We have this idea of who we want to work with and that’s people who care. It’s hard quantify that, but you can the people at Tapptitude care. It’s small business, and the founders are involved in every project, which I think is important, yet the company is big enough that it can deliver pretty complex work. I respect how much they care, and that they’ve focused on being mobile specialists. They don't try to reach outside their strengths. A lot of agencies will do everything they can to follow the cash flow. Tapptitude sticks to their guns, and they do it well.

Are there any areas Tapptitude could improve?

This is kind of unfair, but when we first starting working with them, we got to work with their founder who was a great developer, a great programmer and a great guy. As their business has grown, he’s taken more of an overseeing role, which is fair, that’s how we did it too, but it would be great if I could work more directly with him.

App Development for Computer Software Company

"Tapptitude has done some wonderful work, which is visible in our apps."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Tapptitude developed an iOS and Android app based on wireframes that the client provided. Since then, they have worked to update and improve the apps.

Memphis, Tennessee
CEO, Varanidea

Tapptitude a great, creative product. They are coachable, responsive and made good suggestions. However, their project management, while good, could use some improvement.

Varanidea has developed an application called KALiiN. We are an idea-conversion factory, finding ideas and bringing them to life. I am the chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

We had a complex concept to tackle. Our application has 5 components, which made it hard for most companies to tackle. Since every partner we approached in the US was outsourcing the work, we decided to outsource.

Tapptitude was awarded our primary iOS and Android application build. Our app is a deep machine-learning system with several moving parts. Tapptitude has done a tremendous job regarding UI/UX [user interface/user experience], as well as the complex backend elements.

The concept and was our own, and we had some wireframes laid-out. We visited Tapptitude's team, presenting a detailed plan around what we needed to do. We reached a conclusion around how the work would be done, put milestones in place, and started hacking away at the project in an Agile fashion.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

I searched around the world, settled on 5 companies in Romania, narrowed it down to 2, and started a partnership arrangement with Tapptitude. I found that they brought the best of Western culture and European creativeness, with a very good value segment. The team needed to understand some very specific and difficult technical issues. I had 4 interview questions, and Tapptitude passed all 4, providing good feedback around them and delivering a comprehensive suite of services necessary for delivering our app.

How much have you invested with Tapptitude?

The cost of Tapptitude's work has been above $200,000.

Our first contact with Tapptitude was in July 2015. We started working with them in October 2016. We have since released and improved our product. The second release of our Android application was just today. The new iOS app is rolling out next week. It was delayed because of a bad decision on our part regarding an API [application programming interface].

Tapptitude has done some wonderful work, which is visible in our apps. Tapptitude could figure out creative solutions involving complex math.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was our biggest challenge, because of the time difference and language barrier. By meeting Tapptitude's team and giving them some guidance, we obtained a good cadence. I would estimate that Tapptitude has reached the 90% mark, relative to established US project management standards. There are some things we'd still like them to do differently, but we're quite strict in this regard. I'm overall pleased with Tapptitude's approach. There are some language issues, which is why we rely on chat, but they're very responsive. Tapptitude made a good suggestion at the beginning of our collaboration, which could have saved us 2 months of build time. They became a part of our team, and we found that we needed to listen to Tapptitude's people; they're extremely smart and capable.

What did you find most impressive about Tapptitude?

Tapptitude has done what was promised. They're good and trustworthy people.

Are there any areas Tapptitude could improve?

Tapptitude has been weak on some project management aspects. I would still rate them a 9/10 in this regard, but I have high expectations. I have strived to help them improve, and I appreciate the fact that Tapptitude's team is teachable.

App Development for Dry Cleaning Service

"We were able to add features based solely on mockups, working through specs and documentation as we went."

Jan. - June 2016

Tapptutude developed the front-end of iOS and Android apps, based on their client's API. They continue to maintain the apps.

CTO, ‎FlyCleaners

The app received positive feedback on its design. Tapptitude's flexibility and easy collaboration stood out.

‎FlyCleaners is a dry-cleaning pickup and delivery service for customers in New York City, particularly Manhattan and Brooklyn. I am the CTO and a founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tapptitude?

We have a small team of developers in New York City, which would have taken approximately 2 years to develop an iOS and Android app. We needed to increase our speed.

Tapptitude was tasked with developing the front-end of our Android and iOS apps based on our internally-built APIs. The technologies used were Swift and Java. We were assigned teams of 3 people for each platform, which were reduced when we reached the end of the project. There was a QA person from Tapptitude's team involved in our work, and we also had a design resource available whenever we needed to make readjustments. We handled the final builds and store uploads ourselves.

How did you come to work with Tapptitude?

We put out an RFP [request for proposal] and reviewed around 15 responses. We chose Tapptitude because of their response time and level of interaction. Their pricing was also good, and we were able to develop a good relationship even before starting the work.

How much have you invested with Tapptitude?

The cost of Tapptitude's work was between $50,000 and $100,000.

The start date for the development was set for early-January, 2016. The project was supposed to end in April, but we kept making scope changes. Tapptitude finished the development in June, and they've been performing maintenance work for the apps since then.

We're a startup, and this was our first major release to customers. Through it, we've been able to better-align to customer and business needs. The most beneficial part of working with Tapptitude was their flexibility. They were willing to work with us through very vague and undefined scopes. We were able to add features based solely on mockups, working through specs and documentation as we went. I've never worked with a shop that managed to satisfy that path-finding process.

We've received some positive comments on the apps' design. Because of the nature of our business, we tend to receive negative feedback; people tend to be sensitive about their clothes. As far as the work done by Tapptitude goes, the feedback has either been neutral or positive.

How did Tapptitude perform from a project management standpoint?

Tapptitude has been flexible and aligned to our way of working. The collaboration has been very nice.

We've had morning scrum meetings, and kept in touch through email and Slack, sending the necessary information for moving our project forward. At a high level, Tapptitude has assigned people who were technically and business-savvy enough to know how to talk to us, as a client.

What did you find most impressive about Tapptitude?

Tapptitude is based in Romania, while we're in the US. They seemed to do the best they could to minimize the hassle of our daily communication.

Are there any areas Tapptitude could improve?

The one downside was caused by us not being able to provide the necessary specs to make Tapptitude grasp the complexity of our project. This has made initial estimates be a little off.

Overall Score Tapptitude has shown flexibility, good communication, and a sense of ownership for our product.
    Some initial estimates were a little off, but Tapptitude has gotten better as we progressed.
    The cost is good for us, as a New York business, and compared to the other quotes we've seen. The communication, project management, and language skills have been excellent.
    We've encountered a few bugs in the apps.

GOLD VERIFIED