Complex Interfaces. Simplified

We specialize in fintech and sports. We build habit-forming interfaces to ensure that users continuously come back. We've helped our clients raise over 18M in seed and VC funding over the last two years. Our products have been used by over 100 million users. We're so excited to make your dream a reality.

Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., China
  • Suite 2, Level 12A, Enterprise Building, 228-238 Queens Road Central
    Hong Kong, HCW 852
    Hong Kong S.A.R., China
  • Jl. Pantai Berawa No.99, Tibubeneng, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
    Canggu 80361
    Indonesia

Tech Startups Focus on Customer Acquistion and Market Pentration In the Fintech or Sports Veritical  Marketed to Millennials or Gen X

NDAX | A Crypto Exchange for Everyone Image

NDAX | A Crypto Exchange for Everyone

NDAX wanted to create a simpler exchange without sacrificing advanced features. We wanted to build an exchange that traders could grow with. Lastly, we want to ensure that all these features could fit into your pocket.

At NDAX we created one of the more accessible exchanges without comprising the feature set. We used user feedback and data to drive the designer. Ultimately created a more intuitive and

memorable user experience.
Bola Chat | Football Community Build on React Image

Bola Chat | Football Community Build on React

Bola Nation is one of the largest online football communities in Indonesia. Bola works with fans and publishers to build community and generate targeted impactful content.

The app itself is a responsive web app built in React. We had a lot of design considerations as this app is cross-platform compliant. We had to consider the limited gestures as well as the limitation of

notifications.

Milo | Equity Loans for Foreign Nationals Image

Milo | Equity Loans for Foreign Nationals

Taking out a loan as a foreign national is extremely difficult. Even with a property in the US, getting a loan off the value of that property takes months and a lot of luck. Milo is changing the lives of many high net-worth individuals who own property in the US.

Instead of waiting months, get instant approval and a loan in less than 9 days. With Milo, we focused on creating a strong brand message and establishing

credibility through the onboarding process to prevent dropoff.
Flahsport | Sports News for 85 Milllion Users Image

Flahsport | Sports News for 85 Milllion Users

Flashsport is the place for on-demand sports news, and we wanted to make sports news easy and fun even for casual sports lovers. The problem is that for the most part these websites' scoring stats are complex and require specific knowledge also to navigate away from the home screen.

At Flashsport, we changed all of that. We completed this information-heavy design in just under four months and rebuilt the

whole Flashsport interface with a lean component-based approach. A quick process allowed us to iterate quickly and design entirely collaboratively.
Spinyt | Time-based Food Deals for Students Image

Spinyt | Time-based Food Deals for Students

Spinyt is a location-based discount app marketed to college students. We worked with local restaurants around colleges in Canada to encourage real-time traffic to restaurants during low times.

Restaurants could post to Spinyt in a matter of minutes and see an increase in foot traffic within the hour. Notification optimization and off-app follow up were at the core of this app. We worked to build a

habit-forming interface that rewarded students.
Mylo | Micro Investing for Millennials Image

Mylo | Micro Investing for Millennials

Mylo—a Canadian based company—wants to help you invest, automatically. No need to manage a portfolio or calculate risk. Mylo makes investing as easy as setting up a savings account. When you make a purchase, Mylo rounds up the difference and puts it into a particular account.

I worked with Mylo to rebrand and build a narrative around the product.

Website Revamp for Tax Staffing Agency

"We were impressed with their compassion and understanding towards the needs of the client."

Apr. - July 2019

Studio Moku revamped a website for a tax services staffing agency.

Geelong, Australia
Anthony Tripolino
Co-Founder, Anytime Professionals

Although it's still too early to gauge its success, Studio Moku completed the site on time and within budget. The team is collaborative and is invested in the projects they engage with.

Co-Founder of Anytime Professionals

For what projects/services did your company hire Studio Moku?

We hired Stuio Moku to revamp our website 'Anytime Professionals'. Our site was not as user friendly as we would have liked and hence why we approached Studio Moku for assistance.

To create a more user friendly experience for our platform. We wanted to have the end user feel like they were having a more 'human' like experience.

The Vendor was recommended by another contractor whom supplied services to us. They were highly recommended

Studio Moku designed and help project manage the launch of the new site. Everything from the website to the mobile site. We also used Studio Moku to design copy and content for our marketing campaigns

Danielle had her team of designers assisting in the process. She was the project leader for managing and reviewing all details. She was fantastic!

We are yet to fully utilise the site to it's full potential as yet so no information can be shared at this point of time.

Was very good. All done through Slack and Zeplin which worked really well for project flow.

We were impressed with their compassion and understanding towards the needs of the client. This is extremely important for us and was evident throughout the whole journey.

None

UX/UX Design for Event Subscription Service

“They were able to take feedback, quickly returning to me with what I requested.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

Studio Moku designed the UI/UX of web and mobile apps for an emerging marketplace in the live event space. In this iterative process, they created hundreds of screens to build the interface from the ground up.

Founder, FestivalPass

Early users have responded positively to the released web app, applauding its design sophistication and quality look and feel. Because of its in-depth experience in the industry, the team was able to anticipate client needs, developing necessary screens without needing direction.

FestivalPass is a subscription marketplace in the global live event space. I’m the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Studio Moku?

I come from a design thinking background, so I’m constantly thinking about how to best operate a business. Before building or developing anything for the platform, I wanted to address and create the optimal UI/UX experience for the consumer. I really wanted to lead the business with the importance of customer experience.

Initially, we met and held several video interviews to discuss the vision for the final product. We provided them with context, our business plan, and a deck containing the model. From there, they started to visualize our thinking.

In the second part of the project, we spent time giving feedback to develop the UI from a global, mobile-first perspective. Taking our comments into account, they were able to deliver an edited video showcasing the full mobile UI within a few weeks.

Since that time, they’ve been helping us articulate our priorities into multiple designs. They’ve developed hundreds of screens for web and mobile, all in line with our priorities. We’ve been able to go live with the web app, but we haven’t launched the mobile app yet. Now, we’re continuing to iterate it on a daily basis.

I typically communicate directly with Danielle (Fractional Chief Design Officer, Studio Moku), but there’s also been at least one other project manager monitoring the effort. In total, there are about three people working on the project design. When they created a brand video for me as part of their work, they may have also contracted a videographer.

How did you come to work with Studio Moku?

I found them through a referral from the lead engineer selected for this project. He worked on projects with Studio Moku in the past and had positive experiences. I interviewed them and felt that they could lead us down a beneficial path. That made me comfortable in hiring them.

So far, we’ve invested between $25,000–$50,000 on their services.

We started the project in May 2019 and its ongoing.

We’ve received tons of positive feedback on the professionalism and look and feel of the designs. People have also praised our video and model. I’ve appreciated their ability to think outside the scope of the project to deliver the best possible result. For example, they created all the necessary screens without having to consult me. Because of their experience, they knew that we needed an email verification and password revision screen, so they created them proactively. That allowed me to simply provide them with content.

How did Studio Moku perform from a project management standpoint?

They installed all the proper communication tools that helped make their remote team seem much more connected and close. That made it much easier for me. Additionally, because we were in different time zones, the project manager would send me videos explaining the completed work. That way, I could wake up in the morning with a full walkthrough and project upgrade.

I really appreciated how they used video as a communication tool rather than needing to always have live meetings. That process provided me with a deliverable along with an explanation. It’s often difficult to coordinate times to connect, so that was a helpful solution.

They were able to take feedback, quickly returning to me with what I requested. Sometimes, it can be a challenge to communicate your needs and have them understood by designers. That was never a problem with Studio Moku. They were able to iterate without a bunch of back and forth due to misunderstanding.

Initially, we had some confusion over whether they would be paid hourly or based on the final product. We were able to work through that pretty easily, though. Other than that, I can’t think of anything.

Use your first meetings to deliver as much information as possible. Take time to present a deck, provide insightful content, or engage back and forth over video chat. They absorb and understand information and are able to spin it into a visualization of the idea. Make sure you’re clear with your thoughts to make the most of this.

The deliverable versus value discrepancy was the only issue.
    I’ve recommended them to four other entrepreneurs.

App Design for Social Tech Startup

"They have professionalism, and a knowledgeable designer."

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Studio Moku undertook the task of redesigning an app to make it aesthetically resonate with the brand vision. After a discussion about project scope and goals, the team worked on designing the iOS and Android apps until completion.

Founder & CEO, Social Tech Startup

Studio Moku's technical expertise and professionalism left a great impression on the client. In addition to the seamless UI/UX, team communication was similarly smooth. The team's design know-how and organization skills distinguish the company.

A minority owned tech startup creating a social/e-commerce space for women with textured tresses find the products, information and community at the tap of a finger. I am the Founder and CEO of this company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Studio Moku?

To re-design and refresh our app for for both iOS and Android market.

We originally had a prototype designed back in 2016. However, it needed to be upgraded and refreshed in order to meet our re-defined business model. It needed to emotionally resonate and aesthetically fit our brand.

We searched and found them online.

We selected this vendor and had an initial call to clarify project scope and goals. We had various calls, discussions and reiterations of the deliverables. This vendor kept me informed about their progress.

I only spoke and conferred with the project manager/designer.

We will be engineering the app so there currently is no data. However, I am throughly pleased with the design (UI/UX). They have professionalism and a knowledgeable designer.

Communication was clear and fluid.

The knowledge, skillset, organization and the clear lines of communication.

None that I can think of as I am pleased.

Custom Web App Dev for Software Engineering Firm

"I feel blessed to have found Danielle."

June - July 2017

Studio Moku redesigned a web app for the ground up. The work largely consisted of a reimplementation of the app's frontend.

Nick Sarafa
Lead Engineeer, Pause Labs

The team exhibited design know-how and produced a beautiful product. Their work exceeded the client's expectations.

My job was to lead the software engineering team

For what projects/services did your company hire Studio Moku?

Progressive web app design, and front end component architecture

Redesign an existing web app from the ground up

I met Danielle (the founder of Moku through mutual friends on the island of the Gods

They provided front end designs for all the things

Danielle was the lead, and she worked with other design geniuses to fulfill all our needs

We fully redesigned and reimplemented the entirety of the front end web app

Simple. Danielle and I kicked around what we wanted, and she provided all the things I asked when I asked for them

Danielle—she's a divine beast.

None whatsoever. I feel blessed to have found Danielle.

PWA Design for Sports Management App

“I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the designer understood our industry.”

Sept. 2018 - July 2019

Studio Moku designed a progressive web app featuring sports information that would be accessed by millions of users worldwide.

Prague, Czech Republic
Kánský Alexandr
Chief Product Officer, Livesport

The app’s clear-cut and user-friendly design received positive feedback from stakeholders. Studio Moku quickly understood business goals and excelled at project management.

I am the CPO of Livesport. With more than 60 websites and mobile applications, Livesport brings the fastest sports information and scores from more than 35 sports to 85 million people worldwide.

For what projects/services did your company hire Studio Moku?

We hired Studio Moku to design a new project.

The main goal was to redesign a progressive web app.

We were looking for graphic artists who have already completed projects. We considered about four companies.

Once we selected the vendor, we sent our idea for the first design. After they delivered the initial sketches, we decided to continue working with Studio Moku.

I spoke only to the designer who was working on our project, but there are 2–3 designers in their team.

Stakeholders have given positive feedback on the design, which is easier to use and understand.

Initially, we had video conferences every week. We used tools to manage the workflow and hand over outcomes.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the designer understood our industry. I will engage them again for any website needs that we have in the future.

No, nothing comes to mind.