Software development services with a high standard

We create astonishing web and mobile applications using the modern day frameworks which are focused on building quick-to-market, scalable and fault-tolerant applications.

Our customers get:

1. Proof of concept
  2. MVP
  3. Ongoing development
  4. Technology partnership for existing business

Our main goal is to develop a project which will reflect your idea and contain the best solutions from our side.

Services we provide:

• Business analysis
  • UX strategy and functional requirements creation
  • UI design, product identity
  • Mobile (iOS and Android) development
  • Bespoke web development
  • Product support and iterative development

Some of the industries we serve:

• Medical software development
  • Booking and scheduling solutions
  • Recruitment software
  • GPS-based solutions
  • Business Process Automation

Drop us a line to email [email protected]!

Odessa, Ukraine

Snaapy - eCommerce platform for B2C sector

Snaapy helps clients connect with businesses which offer anything from car rentals to a haircut, to a babysitter for a couple of hours. Clients have the ability to make an appointment with the necessary service provider, choosing the time which suits them best. This mobile solution provides instant access to basic services and improves the overall management within

enterprises.

Spotvice - Photo- and Location-Based Platform for Travel Suggestions

Spotvice is a social networking platform that allows users to share their favorite locations by pinning a picture of them to the map. The most important feature is that you get suggestions only from people you know and trust - your friends (the list of whom is based on data collected from Facebook).

Khabar - News Aggregator platform and native mobile applications

Khabar is a mobile app which gives you a possibility to subscribe to unbiased news sources like BBC, CNN, etc. and stay tuned for the most important events happening worldwide. Receive push notifications for breaking news, share the most exciting information on social networks and leave comments. Khabar helps you see any situation from different perspectives in order to let you make your own conclusions.

Jobmarch - Job and employee searching platform

JobMatch is a game changer for businesses and jobseekers who want to establish a prosperous collaboration. Bearing a resemblance to Tinder, JobMatch selects only those applicants who suit your professional needs, making the search fast and easy.

Possion - Universal GPS Tracking platform for portable property

Possio is a Swedish service which offers sensors, software and the very best GPS/GSM tracking solutions for vehicles and different assets. With the Possio Tracker app you can find out where your property is and secure it with the help of Possio Tracker device.

Nova-Vita clinic

Hang - party making messenger

Inkbulb - educational platform

Inkbulb - educational platform

Custom App Development for IT Consultancy

"The people at Steel Kiwi say what they do, and do what they say."

SteelKiwi has been a partner on a variety of projects, including Android development, DSS, HTML, and Django-Python. They have also consulted on a booking engine and new VPN service.

Egypt
Founder, IT Consultancy

SteelKiwi is responsive, transparent, and makes sure that they are constantly available to answer questions. A point of improvement for SteelKiwi would be to have a more consistent skill level among their developers.

Please provide a description of your company.

Our company provides a number of IT [information technology]-related services, many are focused on Web and mobile development, but we also have VPN [virtual private network]-related services.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder.

What was your goal for working with SteelKiwi Development?

We run our own projects but, sometimes, we are either overloaded or take on projects that encompass tasks we do not have the ability to complete. We have approached SteelKiwi to augment our staff on a number of these high-level projects.

We’ve hired their developers to assist us on a variety of projects including Android development, DSS, HTML, and Django-Python. More recently, they’ve consulted with us on a booking engine as well as a new VPN service.

What was your process for selecting SteelKiwi Development with which to work?

I discovered them through my own online research. I requested a test job, and they did very well with it. We’ve worked with them for a couple years now, and we have active projects with them.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar or time estimate for the size of the work that they’ve done for you?

At least 3,000 work hours in total.

What were the results of the project?

All our projects with SteelKiwi, up to this point, have reached successful conclusions. The people at Steel Kiwi say what they do, and do what they say. I wish all companies acted this way.

We have several ongoing projects with SteelKiwi, which speaks to the fact that we are satisfied with the work they’ve provided for us in the past.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

It's hard to give you metrics since this is all project-based work.

I think Steel Kiwi is fantastic with Python-Django framework. I think it’s one of the best things they do, and I’ve had problems with other developers in terms of skills with Python-Django.

In addition, their response rate and availability is fantastic. Several times, we changed the goals or schedule of a project, but it was never a problem for them even if it required them to work outside normal business hours.

I think there is some inconsistency in the skill levels of their developers. Sometimes, we’re working with a developer who is doing great, but then they switch him out and it causes us to lose some time in the project.

Custom Design Nonprofit for Christian Conference Center

"The work they do is amazing. It’s professional, and it’s done well."

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

After a failed relationship with a previous vendor, SteelKiwi implemented a fluid front-end design and back-end functionalities on the Mount Hermon Association’s website.

Eugene, Oregon
Internet Specialist, Mount Hermon Association, Inc.

The association and their members were very happy with the flexible working relationship. SteelKiwi stayed organized throughout the project, and gave the in-house team direct access to their task management system. Their versatile talent pool and excellent work set them apart.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We’re a nonprofit Christian conference center, about 108 years old. People come to our facilities and rent them for events and special programming. We also offer summer camp services here.

I’m an Internet specialist. I work on the website development team for advertising and marketing.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were attempting to address when you first approached SteelKiwi Development?

We were developing a new website, and our relationship with our former developers fell apart. So, we decided to part ways with them and hired SteelKiwi to pick up the pieces. The initial challenge that we were facing was the design of a new template build for the site. We had most of the back-end functional, so we just needed to fix that and then build the new front-end template based off designs we were providing.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

It started out with most of the back-end functional. Through the years, they’ve done a lot of the back-end work for us, but initially most of it was front end. They were just implementing the front-end design, and then quickly we started hiring them to do additional add-ons. We were adding new features to our product quite frequently. After some time, they began building out new apps, and doing database and server management. They’ve done a lot of technical work for us. They also provided training to me, and then I instruct the rest of the staff. They provided everything that was needed to use the tools they built. We’ve been very impressed with their process documentation. Outside of this engagement, I’ve also hired them repeatedly for other projects, including iOS development.

How did you select SteelKiwi as your partner for this endeavor?

We found them through Elance. I posted a project there and received bids from multiple companies. I researched a few and interviewed them. SteelKiwi seemed to be the most capable for the price I was asking.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this project?

At this point, it’s been $14,000 during the course of the relationship.

What has been the duration of this engagement?

The relationship is ongoing, but started in early 2012

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

Not really. We collect metrics but not specifically tied to their work. I really enjoy working with them, and that’s why I keep giving them more work. I especially like that have direct access to their task management system. I can add new tasks. They work on them, and we work closely together with the project management aspect, which I love. It’s a great tool. I’ve given them raises through the years since they did good enough work for me that I felt they deserved more.

When working with SteelKiwi, is there anything that you’d consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

The work they do is amazing. It’s professional, and it’s done well. They have a team of workers that can do just about anything I’ve ever ask them to do. Whether it be iOS, database, server, coding, front-end, you name it. They have a large enough team so that they can assign more staff to my project and make it happen, and I love that. I don’t have to go and negotiate a new contract with another provider. They can usually do it all, which has been fantastic.

When working with SteelKiwi, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

There are occasional issues with timelines, and a lot of that could be attributed to us not prescheduling the tasks that needed to be done. Maybe a rush project comes up, and they’re working on other tasks. Every once in while they kind of fall of the face of the Earth. It’s very rare but, sometimes, we’ll ask for something and not hear from them for a week or two. It’s not the standard for them at all, but it’s happened.

English isn’t always their first language, but that hasn’t been an issue for the most part. It’s not beautiful English when they write back, but it’s totally understandable. It hasn’t been a hindrance for me at all. I suppose others should be aware that it isn’t flawless, so if that’s going to be a key factor it might be wise to consider other options, too. I have some experience working with other offshore providers, and I’ve found SteelKiwi to be much better than most of my previous engagements.

If we preschedule the work to be done, then they nail it on the head. Anytime it’s not pre-organized, it’s a little slower.
    I’ve recommended them many times before.

Platform Development for Food Catering Startup

"They have professional project management in terms of progress updates and presentations."

Steelkiwi prototyped a from-scratch online platform to help users compare, rate, and book local catering options.

Malaysia
Founder, Catering Platform

The initial platform version includes professional functionalities and a compelling UX/UI design. Both end-users and backend engineers can navigate the prototype quickly and easily, thanks to Steelkiwi’s accomplished team.

Lifelymeal is an online platform that showcases all local caterers and allows users to book from them directly on the platform. The users can use the platform to compare caterers, understand their services further based on reviews and ratings, and make the booking conveniently.

I’m the CEO. I’m responsible for kickstarting the business in all areas.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Steelkiwi?

We wanted to simplify the effort of searching for local caterers and comparing them to each other.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

The website was built from scratch by Steelkiwi, both design and development. Some core features included the ability to accept and process user generated ratings and reviews. Another key feature was the ability to process bookings using a series of graphic menus or date inputs. Integration with the Braintree payment solution was also a major component. The team of 3–4 developers built the system using Python. I didn't have a hand in assembling the team. My only involvement was coming up with and validating the specifications.

How did you come to work with Steelkiwi?

I searched through online startup development tech firm and found Steelkiwi. Upon contact, Igor did an amazing job in communicating the requirements and expectations, which made me excited to have them work on the project. The other local suppliers that were consideration did not seem competent enough.

What was the size of your investment with them?

We’ve spent about $19,000.

The prototype is completed. The official timeframe was between December of 2016 to March of 2017.

Could you share any anecdotal feedback received from internal stakeholders or external end-users?

The features work nicely via an understandable process for both users and backend management. We are satisfied with the platform’s basic functionalities.

How did Steelkiwi perform from a project management standpoint?

Tatiana did a great job in rallying her team to accomplish what was expected, clearly defining the project requirements in the documentation. This is updated on a weekly basis for me as well. Slack was our primary tool for communication.

What distinguishes Steelkiwi from other providers?

They have professional project management in terms of progress updates and presentations to me.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve or things you might do differently?

Improvement of their communication in English would be much appreciated. I’d also like to see them offering solutions when mentioning problems.