Conversations that Convert.

We provide strategy, content marketing, social media and promotions as services to clients locally, regionally and nationally. (Someday we’ll be worldwide!)

We define all of these terms very broadly. We aren’t stuck to just a few social networks in a menu of services. If it’s about telling stories and communicating with customers and constituents, it’s in our wheelhouse. That said, we’re very focused about what we do and don’t include in our service offering so that we can do a few things amazingly well.

Dallas, TX

Industry focus
  • Consumer products & services
  • Health care & life sciences
  • Arts, entertainment & music

Dallas Morning News, Terminix, American Home Shield, White Cloud, Trinity Groves, Joe's Crab Shack, Galleria Dallas, Meadows Museum, TCU Neeley MBA, IU Health Goshen Hospital, Collin Street Bakery, Dallas Design District, Dr Dirk, Chief Aircraft, Texas General Hospital and more.

Social Media Marketing for Private Foundation

"I can say that is has been an outstanding experience. I've been impressed with how responsive and quick Speakeasy is."

July 2016 - Ongoing

A foundation undergoing a rebrand worked with Speakeasy to create and optimize their social media accounts. They create content for all of the platforms, write regular blog posts, and built their website.

Dallas, Texas
President, Private Foundation

Speakeasy's work has resulted in very positive feedback from the public and important community stakeholders. Engagement has increased and overall advocacy efforts are much stronger. There were some unexpected turnovers on their team, but this did not impact their dedication to the project.

The client is a private 501(c)(3) operating foundation created in 1952. Our mission is to use our endowment and other fundraisings that we do to support the city of Dallas in the implementation of the downtown parks master plan which includes building four priority parks in downtown Dallas. We have two employees, and we work with several contractors. I’m the president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We needed to communicate to a broad audience including downtown residents, office workers, building owners, as well as elected officers, and potential voters in the city of Dallas. Previously, our company was under a different name, and we were embedded on the parent company website. The site was very basic and had never been updated. In 2015, we changed our name and narrowed our focus. That created an opportunity to create a new brand and awareness because we had operated as a private foundation where we were only making grants to charities and a few limited areas. With this change, we wanted to increase our visibility in a way we had never done before. We had previously had no social media presence at all.

We hired a branding and marketing firm that helped us develop a logo, etc. Then we hired Speakeasy to engage in social media work for us because we recognized that’s really critical regarding communication campaigns. We needed to build brand awareness, and we have a diverse audience of all age groups. A lot of people that live in the downtown core of our city are very tech-savvy, so we knew social media could help us grow our profile. We also asked Speakeasy to build our website. They had already written blog posts and set up Facebook and Twitter and were managing all the content on those mediums. They continue to do regular blog posts every week. When our parks are under construction, we might want to add new platforms that we aren’t currently using. We use the platforms to keep people informed about the potential bond election that our city will have. We use it as a tool to educate people to vote when the bond election comes up to vote for parks and support park initiatives.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

Our chairman knew about Speakeasy’s work. We met them and were very impressed with their response to our mission.

How much have you invested with Speakeasy?

We have spent between $50,000 and $200,000 with Speakeasy so far.

We started working with Speakeasy in July 2016, and the work is ongoing.

We have quarterly meetings on the results. We started with no social media presence and no standalone website. We have dramatically increased our social media presence, and our number of followers continues to raise. We started with 200 people that we generated from some public input meetings where we were able to capture email addresses. It has steadily increased since that time. We have officials and citizens following us and engaging with us. We’re also engaging with other like-minded organizations that are supporting park initiatives in our city. We get lots of feedback on our blog posts about how helpful the information is. Other like-minded partners say we’re promoting the advocacy work that we all need to be promoting to get people engaged in the effort around parks in our city. We get a lot of good feedback from other nonprofits, elected officials, and interested citizens.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

Once a month Speakeasy sends me a calendar with all the proposed postings. They have been very responsive. If something comes out of city hall that we need to address right away, we make changes to the schedule. It’s a collaborative effort with a lot of idea exchange. I’ve been impressed with how promptly they respond. They’re flexible with the schedule. We communicate through email, phone, and we use Google Docs for the calendar. We’ve also done some in-person meetings because our offices are close in proximity.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

I haven’t done a lot of work with similar firms. But I can say it’s been an outstanding experience. I’ve been impressed with how responsive and quick Speakeasy is.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

We started out with a team of five and have lost two of the members in the last year. They have not been replaced, but the other members have absorbed the workload. I think the turnover is based on the fact that their field has a young workforce and their tenure won’t be as long. I wasn’t expecting that the team would change so quickly.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement on either side but it’s really close to perfect.
    Speakeasy has been so responsive. They send me the calendar we work on. They send me blog posts with enough time to review and edit. I’ve been very pleased with their scheduling.
    I don’t have the information in front of me, but it’s been good.
    Their responsiveness and timeliness have been impressive. Speakeasy's writing has been really strong, and I was somewhat surprised by that. I edit everything, but I don’t have to make a lot of changes at all.
    I have recommended Speakeasy already.

Social Media Marketing for Retail Business

"They're very willing to listen and they've got great ideas."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

A retailer sought Speakeasy's professional expertise to help them transition from traditional advertising to social media. This was accomplished by creating engaging content and optimizing it for search engines.

Dallas, Texas
Bryan Poole
VP and Owner, Sample House and Candle Shop

The client has already seen an increase in social media engagement and is hopeful that this will lead to an increase in sales and new leads over time. Overall, the collaboration has been highly successful. The team at Speakeasy is creative, thoughtful, and has managed any resource transition seamlessly.

I’m the vice president and owner of Sample House & Candle Shop. It is a gift and home décor retailer with seven stores in the Dallas, Fort Worth area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We wanted to update our social media platforms and needed professional guidance to accomplish our goals on multiple levels. While we had in-house staff in the past, we wanted someone with more expertise.

We started with improving our presence and professionalism on Facebook. As time passed, we went to other platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We’ve been in business for over 60 years and most of our advertising efforts have been in print media. To attract a younger audience, we take the same ideas and move toward social media platforms. We take an ad on a featured product, start with the traditional copy and graphic, then transition it through the other platforms. Speakeasy worked with us collaboratively to come up with new ideas. They’re able to direct the content through SEO [search engine optimization] and SEM [search engine marketing] processes. They know how to engage users on different platforms.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

We’ve been engaged in advertising contracts with The Dallas Morning News for 50 years, and they were also moving towards social media. They tried to do some of it in-house but found it was not as productive and efficient as partnering with companies that had people who were qualified in social media. Our relationship is a partnership through The Dallas Morning News, but we run separate contracts. I trusted the relationship that The Dallas Morning News had with Speakeasy.

How much have you invested with Speakeasy?

We have spent around $30,000 with them over the course of our relationship.

We started working with them in October 2014, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve looked at quarterly reports and have seen double-digit increases per quarter in social media engagement, and it continues to grow. We feel that if we’re engaging with more customers through the social media platforms, it will yield increased sales and new customers.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re a great partner to work with. There’s a team assigned to our account, and we have contact with one or two of those resources. They have a great plan in place when and if anyone new comes into the company. If they bring in someone new, they’re engaged from the very beginning, which means we don’t feel any impact from those transitions. We primarily use email to communicate and meet once a quarter to map out advertising plans.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

I know The Dallas Morning News did extensive research in order to find Speakeasy, so I was confident that they were a good choice.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

None. I’m learning a lot from the relationship. If I knew more about their work, I might have some constructive criticism but I don’t have any complaints.

Overall Score They’re a good group. They’re very willing to listen and they’ve got great ideas. They show experience during meetings with good suggestions. They put out projects that are successful.
    Everything has been very timely.
    I find it reasonable, but I don’t know if I’m paying a premium because I haven’t compared prices.
    Everybody has room for improvement.

Content Creation for Research Non-Profit

"They were always very responsive and very collaborative."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Speakeasy was hired to develop content for social media platforms.

VP Communications & Public Affairs, Research Non-Profit

The client is happy that they were able to get an insight into a consumer's habits thanks to the work that they did. They were especially happy with the responsivity and collaboration that Speakeasy provided which enabled them to always meet deadlines that were set.

I work for a global research non-profit. We focus on promoting lifelong health and wellness through prevention, education, and advocacy.

I’m the vice president of communication and public affairs. I oversee all the organization's marketing, communications, public relations, social media and our public affairs side which is government relations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We wanted to increase our digital presence with digital marketing that we could drive measurable outcomes behind through analytics.

We do a lot of SEO in-house, and they came in and did some media content development and graphics work. They also did some targeted campaigns to move a particular product. They did a great job on ad placement, geo-targeting, etc. They were primarily focused on Facebook and Twitter.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

I had a relationship with one of their top people, and she introduced me to Speakeasy.

That is confidential.

We are currently working with them.

They helped us establish a baseline for what our consumers’ habits are which we didn’t have in the digital space before. That gave us insight into what our clients really wanted and were interested in receiving.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

I enjoyed working with them. They were always very responsive and very collaborative. They were able to meet the deadlines we set.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

I felt like they cared about what we were trying to achieve as a non-profit and that made them stand out from other providers.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

Nobody’s perfect, but I can’t think of anything they could improve on.

There’s always room for improvement, but they were very good at staying on task. If something was going to change on their end, they were sure to let us know.
    For a non-profit, our marketing, and advertising budget is limited, so it’s always hard to accommodate that. They did a good job with that.
    They were very knowledgeable and proficient. They took the time to understand what we were trying to accomplish.
    I was very satisfied with the work. They’re a partner that I will continue to engage as long as I have the ability to do so. They were always receptive to what we wanted and not what they felt we should do.

Social Media Marketing for Restaurant Chain

"They quickly execute everything and we’ve been pleased with their response times and pro-activeness."

Speakeasy was hired to create content for the client's social media platforms.

Fort Worth, Texas
Digital Marketing Coordinator, Restaurant Chain

The client has seen their social media engagement increase across all platforms. They now have 100,000 followers on Facebook. Their clients love the content that is being created. They appreciate the agency's ability to respond quickly and stay on top of all their work.

I’m the digital marketing coordinator of a Tex-Mex food company. We are based out of Fort Worth, Texas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We were looking for help to syndicate content to our franchise locations to help boost local SEO. We also wanted to communicate our brand through creative content on our social platforms. Above all, we were looking for someone that understood our brand.

Speakeasy provides content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We also syndicate content through Facebook to our franchisees. They do 1 post a day on Facebook and Instagram and 2 or 3 on Twitter. It’s evolved as we’ve gotten bigger. We also spend a lot of time including engagement from people who are talking about our brand.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

The company was already working with Speakeasy when I came on board. They were based in Dallas and were fans of the brand. I think they were recommended to us from another brand.

We are still currently working with them.

Our followers, engagement, and views have all gone up since we’ve been in a relationship with them. We now have 100,000 followers on Facebook, which was a pretty big jump for us. We didn’t have much of an Instagram presence and that’s grown significantly. Our franchisees love the content and are very happy.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

I have no complaints. They quickly execute everything and we’ve been pleased with their response times and pro-activeness. They’ve always met deadlines even when they are tight.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

They’ve dined at the restaurant and immersed themselves in the brand, which we don’t get from the larger marketing agencies. They stay up to date with our brand, making it a great working relationship.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

They do a good job of staying on top of trends but we could probably expand on that.

Overall Score They’re a great partner.
    They’re awesome in that aspect.
    Their content is great, but sometimes we need a quick deadline and maybe push them.

Content Creation for Healthcare Publishing Firm

"We’ve seen pretty steady engagement across our social media channels."

June 2015 - Ongoing

Speakeasy was hired to help develop content and brand the company better to help consumers understand them.

Digital Team, Healthcare Publishing Firm

The client is pleased with the increased social media engagement and web visibility it has seen. They appreciate Speakeasy's willingness to take in feedback, ability to meet deadlines, and general responsiveness.

We are a medical publishing company. We work with hospitals and healthcare facilities to provide patient education specializing in maternity care. We do everything from printed publications, online programs, and mobile apps and customize and brand those products for hospitals. I’m part of the digital team. I handle the production of the online programs as well as our CCI initiatives and a lot of the marketing initiatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We were trying to create awareness of our company online. When we started working with them, we were rebranding the company altogether. We used an advertising agency that they work hand in hand with.

When we started working with them, we wanted to create awareness of our company. Not many people knew what we were. A lot of that had to do with the title of our company. They really built up our brand and our persona through our social media channel. They helped out with writing blogs. Initially, we started out collaborating and sent a lot of ideas to them. We have a very niche market so it’s tricky waters to navigate. Once we gave them those initial ideas, they took those and ran with it. They caught on very quickly and have done a great job figuring out who our audience is and how to speak to them directly. They helped us with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

They were referred to us from the advertising agency that we were working with when we were rebranding. My boss came to me with their title and knew about them. We met with them and thought it was a good fit.

How much have you invested with Speakeasy?

We’ve spent between $10,000 and $50,000.

We are still working with them. We started with them about a year and a half ago.

We’ve seen pretty steady engagement across our social media channels. They’ve increased the interaction with our audience. We’ve had a lot of great feedback from our clients regarding the content. It’s certainly helped increase the web traffic.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great to work with and are always super responsive. As I said, in the beginning, we had to feed them some ideas and topics because it is very tricky. We’re not talking to patients. We’re talking to the nurses that educate the patients. So trying to find a way to reach them that is also interesting to them, was very hard. But they’ve taken in our feedback, and what we’ve had to say and they’ve worked with us to find that voice. They’re great with deadlines. We typically always have posts and blogs to review at minimum a week before they’re posted. They’re always good about showing us those things and not just throwing it out there.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

Their attention to client needs definitely stands out. As I was saying, they have been very helpful, and they listen. They respond. Lately, there’s been very few times we’ve had to go back and adjust what they’re putting out there. I think since a year or more has passed now they really have it down. We handed over the reins at this point.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

Overall Score They’ve done a great job finding our audience and forming a voice for us. However, from a medical standpoint, I think it would be beneficial if they had someone with a medical background since that’s our industry.
    They’re always on time.
    I’m happy with what they’ve provided, but they’re kind of expensive.
    They’re very good at the project management. We can always get in contact with them as needed. They’re always available.
    They’ve been super easy to work with.

Social Media Marketing for Restaurant Group

"They are so excited about our brands that it feels like they are an extension of our team."

January 2016 - Ongoing

Speakeasy was hired to provide social media management and content creation services.

Houston, Texas
Melissa Byone
Marketing Communications Manager, Ignite Restaurant Group

The client has seen an impressive increase in engagement on social media platforms for their clients. They really love the agency's project management style as they are able to get things accomplished quick and well.

I’m the marketing communications manager of the Ignite Restaurant Group. We have 2 brands—Joe’s Crab Shack and Brick House Tavern and Tap. I’m responsible for all of the social media and digital assets of these restaurants.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We were unable to keep up with the number of comments and other tasks that our social pages demanded. We were looking for an agency who could be an extension of our team.

Speakeasy helps us with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They also handle our blog, which they helped launch on our website. They create posts and images to go with those posts. Speakeasy was able to keep up with the amount of content that we needed to publish and could also handle our large fan base. On top of that, they manage all of our pages, respond to comments and help us with reputation management as needed. They helped us have a strategic plan for posts and for replying to comments and concerns. Internally, I work with the team here and we decide on objectives and goals that we want to reach. Then we collaborate with Speakeasy and they help develop content. They create a calendar that I give them direction on. They give us ideas monthly on relevant ways to get the message out there for our audience and fans.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

When I got here, they’d already been hired on. From what I know, I think we found Speakeasy through a Google search. We were looking for the best in the country. It worked out really well that they were in Texas, same as us, which allows us to work together face to face quarterly. Speakeasy really got what we were looking for.

That is confidential.

We are working with them now and are going to continue our relationship in 2017..

They have greatly helped engagement on our Brick House page grow. They keep our fans really engaged and I’m surprised at the number of shares that we get on a regular basis. From January to October, they increased our Joe’s page by 34,000 fans. We’re always doing optimization and getting rid of those lower performing themes and bringing in something new. We recently started doing one of Speakeasy’s ideas, "Surprise and Delights", something that our fans love. Our Twitter has increased by 2,500 followers and it’s not one of our main priorities. Instagram’s increased by 4,000. We have outranked one of our biggest competitors, Red Lobster, in the content engagement ratio. Considering they have a much bigger budget, we loved it. We’re doing a lot with just a little.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

That’s probably the best thing about working with Speakeasy. Things change at the drop of a hat and we might need to launch a new program tomorrow. They’re on it, with a turnaround of less than 24 hours. They’re always available by email or a quick phone call. We have weekly meetings with what they’re working on and what’s coming so that we’re always on the same page.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

They’re so genuine. They are so excited about our brands that it feels like they are an extension of our team. I’m in constant contact with them and they have really great ideas. I follow their business on social media as well. They seem to have a lot of fun and it comes across in their work.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

I wish I had the budget for them to do all of our reputation management.

Overall Score We’re signing contracts for 2017. There’s no one better.
    They are on the money.
    I was tasked with looking up other agencies for 2017 and they are the most cost-effective. They do great work and I think it’s a really fair price.
    They do have in-house designers, but I wish they would take it one step further
    I’ve already suggested that they hook up with an agency I know in Dallas.

SMM for Restaurant Incubator

"They've developed relationships and gone above what they've agreed to do on paper."

Speakeasy manages the marketing for the client's multiple brands. They provide content for monthly calendars, monthly metrics reporting, and develop content for various social media accounts.

Director of Marketing, Trinity Groves

Speakeasy's work has garnered 1,000 new Facebook fans and 2,000 new Instagram followers since last July. Speakeasy has excellent communication and consistently meets deadlines.

I work for Trinity Groves. We are a restaurant incubator and I am on the support team, which is a team of about 6 individuals that are experienced in marketing and sales, so we can better assist the 13 existing restaurant incubators that are part of the Trinity Groves development here in Dallas.

I am the Director of Sales and Marketing. I coordinate any large groups that would buy out the entire development, and I help them with their social media and participation in large events, sales campaigns, and marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

With these many concepts, there are several brands we’re working with. Trinity Groves is a brand, and each restaurant also has a brand of its own. It’s a challenge to make those all work together nicely.

They assist us with ideas for content on the monthly calendars. They help to push more focus into certain areas and assist us with ideas on how to make these special campaigns fun and entertaining. They provide monthly reporting so we can understand how many new users we have, how many comments we have, and assist us with any negative comments. They help with everything from our blogs to Twitter to Facebook. Facebook is our biggest platform right now. We have an agreed upon number of posts. They’ve never failed to kick in whenever we have something come up. It’s a relationship we are doing well with. They’re great.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

We had an existing relationship with them. It’s gotten stronger and more involved as we’ve gone on.

That is confidential.

The relationship is ongoing.

Across Facebook and Instagram, we’ve had 1,000 new fans on Facebook and 2,000 on Instagram since July. They’re going to implement a new strategy in September on Instagram, focusing on the new story feature. Their monthly reporting includes our total number of fans, the new fans, the percentage over last period and the percentage over last year, demographics, how many people shared it, what are our top photographs, and the comments we get.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed excellently. They had excellent communication and were good at meeting deadlines.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

Everything I’ve listed already – they’ve developed relationships and gone above what they’ve agreed to do on paper.

Content Marketing for Consumer Products Company

"[Speakeasy's] content is really strong and we get good engagement."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Speakeasy manages the client's online presence and social media content. They create content, manage profiles, advise on strategy, and produce videos for YouTube.

Memphis, Tennessee
Director of Marketing, Consumer Products Company

Speakeasy has grown the client's fan base by 400%, increased YouTube videos from 20 to 400, and earned the client numerous awards. The new metrics compare with top 50 fortune companies. Speakeasy's team also boasts 6 of 30 YouTube experts.

My company is a large home services company. I am the Director of Content Marketing. I’m responsible for content, social media, and reputation management.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

We had no social media presence and an awful reputation in terms of online reviews. There was a lot of negativity in the online space.

They do our social media content creation and some reputation management. The social media channels were Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. There are agreements in place of what they will and won’t do and when. They were creating the content, managing the profiles, and helping with strategy. They were even producing video assets for YouTube.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

The old Chief Operating Officer of our company found them. He had worked with them prior and he hired them.

How much have you invested with Speakeasy?

The relationship has cost over $1 million. They do our social media for several of our brands. That’s probably closer to $2 million now.

The relationship is ongoing.

We’ve won numerous awards. They do a lot of promotions for us on social media. We had no real fan base before using them. They’ve grown that 400%. We went from 20 videos on YouTube to 400. We’re better than all of our competitors on every single channel. All the key metrics compare with large companies like Wells Fargo, Allstate, Progressive, and other top 50 fortune companies in the world.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

It depended on the project and on us, and how demanding we were. It was more than acceptable or we wouldn’t be working with them now. There may be times where things fall behind or fall through the cracks, but it’s not been a big problem.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

There is a certain designation that Google will give you for becoming YouTube experts, and there are only like 30 in the country. They have six of them on their team. Their [Speakeasy’s] videos have been outstanding. The content is really strong and we get good engagement.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

They could improve their reporting and KPI [key performance indicators].

Social Media Management for Real Estate Company

"They've exceeded my expectations."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Speakeasy manages the client's social media accounts. They create one blog post per week and provide Facebook content two or three times per week.

Pam Dawson
Senior Real Estate Manager, Dallas Design District

Speakeasy produces content relevant to the client's audience and sends the client monthly performance reports on each account. They are very responsive, detail-oriented, and in tune with their clients.

I work for a real estate company that owns commercial real estate. I'm the property manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Speakeasy?

Speakeasy is managing our social media accounts: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

They are creating blog posts separate from social media, and content to put on social media. We're doing one blog post weekly and posting on Facebook two or three times a week.

How did you come to work with Speakeasy?

I honestly don't remember how we got a hold of them. We were in a relationship with another company, and it wasn't going well at all. Somehow we got a hold of the sales rep for Speakeasy, and we really liked her. Her name was Katy. We fell in love with her. We finally just decided to quit doing what we were doing and give them a try.

It's $4,750 monthly.

We've been working with them since January of this year.

They send me all the statistics in a monthly report that details how each account is doing. My feedback has been that the content they're producing has been relevant to our audience, which we were not getting before.

How did Speakeasy perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well and are very quick to respond. They initiate conversations with me, and are always quick to reply to me after I talk with them to let me know they got the information. They get back within a few hours, not within a few days. They're managing it.

What did you find most impressive about Speakeasy?

They're very detail oriented. They're just cued into their clients, which I have found other companies to not be.

Are there any areas Speakeasy could improve?

Honestly, they've exceeded my expectations. They really have. They have been nothing less than excellent. I can't think of anything that they've done that I wish would have been done differently.