Quality and Expertise

We are a Ukrainian IT outsourcing company. Since 2000 we have helped clients from all over the world to turn their digital ideas into reality. Our tech vision is based on practical experience, gained from more than 100 successfully implemented projects for B2B, B2C and B2E sectors.

We provide outsourcing software development services, dedicating highly skilled IT experts according to your specific business needs.

Mobile programming, front-end and custom application development, QA and software testing are our core domains of expertise.

We provide professional solutions using the following technologies and programming languages: .Net, Java, C/C++, PHP, iOS, Android, HTML/CSS, Javascript etc.

Focusing on the offshore software development, we keep deadlines, are agile in our cooperation and ensure the delivery of the exact results you envisioned. We offer a quick project start, transparency and long-term cooperation.

2000
    Сhernihiv 14033
    Ukraine
    +38(0462)65 14 15

Taxi Service

Taxi Service is a client-server application for searching, calling and paying for taxi, which includes development of mobile applications for drivers and passengers on Android and iOS interacting with back-end via RESTful API.

Technologies: Geo-location (Yandex, Google), Fin-tech,  High-load, Background mode, Push notifications, REST API

Cigarettes production management system

Quality Information System X-version (QisX) is a production management system for British American Tobacco Ukraine.

It is a manufacturing execution system that synchronizes, coordinates and analyses the cigarettes production process. QisX сovers operations of three factory structure units: tobacco workshop, cigarette workshop and quality control department.

Technologies: .Net, HTML/CSS, JavaScript

Automated control over the equipment performance

Enterprise application is designed to increase the efficiency and detect possible bottlenecks during the iron ore production, providing automated monitoring of the equipment performance.

The system visualizes, models and analyzes the production infrastructure in the real-time mode, allows considering key equipment indicators and dynamics of changes, and predicting possible failures.

Technologies: .Net

Monitoring tool for logistics hardware

RDT600 allows tracking and visualizing scan systems' performance for their diagnostics during the installation and support.

Project features:
- Data visualization in form of charts and graphs for each separate system and for the whole enterprise in general.
- Multi-level enterprise structure that consists of the enterprise itself, worksite and system levels.
- Usage of the bar-code and QR code scanners, cameras and sensors for objects identification, their size and weight detection in the system collecting data.
- High application performance with the opportunity to connect up to 100 data collecting systems to the central server via local network.
- Auto checkout for the system and separate elements readout rate
-...

Drivers for the Bluetooth keyboard

The project goal was to develop software which allows Bluetooth accessories to run on different and constantly changing mobile operating systems used by the leading brands of mobile phones.

Project features

- English, German and Korean languages support
- Compatibility with Windows Mobile, Symbian and Blackberry
- Ability to add up to 12 custom shortcuts
- Implementation of scalable user interface

While developing the project, our team has emulated pressing the standard mobile keyboard buttons and gained practical experience working with:
-Standard OS shortcuts
-Customizable shortcuts ...

Web-service for medicines search

A web-service that allows searching for medicines, view price and up-to-date information about their availability in the nearby locations.

Technical Features:
1. Applying the Yii-framework, allowed implementing the code reuse concept and considerably reducing the development cycle.
2. The detection of user's location was implemented by means of Yandex.Maps and HTML5.
3. Since the external API is applied  for the information search, the application almost doesn't use its own database.
4. The AJAX + jQuery technology ensures dynamic data load, providing high application performance and better user-experience with the application.
5. Adaptive design along with Twitter Bootstrap appliance, allowed avoiding  the  the mobile website version development or implementation of a separate mobile app, which considerably...

Health measure application

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; This is a user-friendly app for sportsmen and people, who lead a healthy lifestyle and want to monitor their health.

It allows recording and storing the main health parameters, such as temperature, pressure, pulse, blood sugar, weight, height, body mass index as well as monitor their daily changes in graphs.

A user can also keep basic laboratory test results (blood and urine) and make notes about his health.

The application can be also used to track body fitness. User specifies current and desirable weight and sets time to reach a goal. The Track Your Body app will track the progress showing total weight loss/gain, daily weight loss/gain and the distance to your goal.

Technologies: Android, iOS, Windows phone

Services: Mobile programming, UI Design,Testing

Windows Phone top-up application

This is a Windows Phone application for fast mobile top-ups. Developed for a leading top-up platform in Brazil and Latin America, it allows recharging balance locally from any operator in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Mexico or the USA.

Since the Android and iOS versions have been already implemented, the main task was to develop the same application for Windows Phone 8 and integrate it with the existing API.

Consists of two key modules: input data (login, card data, telephone number, operator) and a top-up mechanism. The application is also integrated with the REST API that keeps all important data and allows adding credit to the selected account in a few seconds.
Technologies: .Net

Application for desktop screen sharing

This desktop sharing tool allows capturing and sharing a desktop, chosen windows and applications with remote users during online meetings viа a web conferencing solution.

It works in the following way:
 - Content capture
 - Packing and streaming data with the help of VideoScreen codec
 - Further publication on the FMS / RED5 Adobe media servers.

Project Features
- Desktop, window and application capture modes
- Captured desktop content is displayed to remote users in the form of a picture
- Ability to grant a permission for remote control over the local user's applications
- Opportunity to choose single or multiple...

Secure VoIP phone software

Cross-platform encryption software for secure VoIP calls.

Zfone uses the ZRTP protocol to negotiate the cryptographic keys and consists of the Zfone libZRTP SDK and the Zfone application.

The application detects when a call starts, initiates a cryptographic key agreement between two parties and then continues to encrypt and decrypt the voice packets during the communication.

Features:

- Runs in the Internet protocol stack on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux PC;

- Intercepts and filters all VoIP packets as they go in and out;

- Compatible with a variety of VoIP clients;

- Custom GUI for call protection notifications;

- Keys destruction at the end of the call;

- Keys agreements and management over the RTP packet stream;

- Auto-detection of the ZRTP support by the other VoIP client.

Technologies: C++

ScanWord Pro

An application that automatically generates the template-based puzzles for further editing and printing.

ScanWord Pro allows generating up to 150 crosswords per day, using templates and customizing their size.

The application runs on Windows XP (SP2-SP3) and, due to use of Windows Presentation Foundation, has a user-friendly interface.

ABC for kids application

TiliMili Azbuka - ABC for kids is an educational application for preschoolers that helps to enlarge active vocabulary in the interactive form. Colorful pictures and simple navigation help children to learn not only English and Russian alphabets, but names of animals as well. Each letter corresponds an animal the name of which, starts with this letter.

There are several exercises to check the progress:

1. Make up a word сhoosing the animal whose name starts with the letter from the word.

2. Collect a word, selecting a letter that matches the name of the animal.

3. Match letters with animals.

The application is compatible both with mobile phones and tablets.

Platform: Android, IOS

Word Swot application - English for kids

This application is an interactive and colourful game for children, that helps them to learn English, Russian alphabets and new words. Each letter of the English alphabet is associated with an animal. There are several exercises to check knowledge. A child can match animals with the corresponding letters, choose animals for certain letters and search for a word, which determines the name of an animal.

Platform: Android

Full Stack Development for Computer Software Firm

"They have deep SQL server knowledge, providing storage procedure and database design work."

Soft-Industry developed a website using .NET as well as advanced modeling and statistical analysis applications for industrial automation. They also developed a calculation engine utilizing .NET DLLs.

Perth, Australia
Engineering Manager, Computer Software Firm

Soft-Industry's performance regarding their delivery and testing abilities received positive reactions from the management. Although there were issues in project management, they have proven to be experts in their field and demonstrated excellent communication skills.

I am a software developer working in the industrial automation, control, and reporting space. I work within the mining, oil, and gas utilization and reporting area of software.

I am an independent consultant working as the development manager for a West Australian company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Soft-Industry?

I had a couple of projects that were a little too big for me and required skills that I didn't possess.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

They primarily work with .NET web development projects for me. I've used them for developing very advanced modeling and statistical analysis applications for industrial automation, particularly maintenance.

I've also used Soft-Industry as part of a personal product development consisting of a calculation engine utilizing .NET DLLs.

We were involved in some big Silverlight projects when that platform was popular.

I find that I can throw any new tools at Soft-Industry. I tend to use Telerik Kendo controls for front-end UI [user interface] components. Recently, for example, I needed a bunch of unusual programming done with interactive graphics on a web page, which included grabbing widgets and drawing. I throw many new components at them within the Microsoft stack and have plenty of confidence in Soft-Industry's ability to absorb them. I'm technically oriented myself, so I make sure that I can understand a component before offering it to them, in order to have the ability to evaluate what they turn around, portability and aesthetics-wise.

They have deep SQL server knowledge, providing storage procedure and database design work, although I typically handle database design myself. Soft-Industry is heavily involved in our current project, offering four of their developers.

How did you come to work with Soft-Industry?

I researched directories of the offshore service providers that were available in 2004 and 2005. Soft-Industry was one of three companies that I contacted at the time, with the other two being from Russia and India. The initial engagement I contacted them for was to do with a mobile application. It was a small job of about 200 development hours, by my own estimations. Soft-Industry and the Russian company gave an estimate of less than 200 hours. The Indian company returned a total of nine months, so they didn't get the job.

I didn't choose Soft-Industry for that first project, but I came back to them for subsequent work. There was a certain humanity in their way of dealing with me. They spoke human, not "managerize." The next project I needed help with was to do with databases. Soft-Industry's skill set was closer to what I needed than that of the Russian company.

They have been the only offshore provider I've used since that time. Their managing director is a nice guy. We came to show each other snapshots of our families quickly, so there was a personal connection that remains to this day.

Also, the longevity of their key employees made me continue the relationship. I've come to feel as a part of the family and know many of their people, even if it's only through emails. Even the technical exchanges come with a bit of humor and banter. Still, I wouldn't use them if they weren't good at what they do. They come up with solutions that please me every time.

The total cost for their development services so far has been around $150,000.

I've depended on Soft-Industry on and off for more than 10 years. There have been periods of up to a couple of years when I didn't require their services.

Before coming on board with my current company, I'd worked on two major projects that stood out in terms of performance. The first one finished close to delivery. The second one was much larger. It was delivered three days early and its budget was spot-on. To get that kind of accuracy within any kind of software project was unheard of in my 25-year career.

I am getting plenty of good feedback from the company I'm working with at the moment regarding Soft-Industry's performance, in terms of the amount of work that they can deliver and their testing abilities.

Before Christmas, we had Soft-Industry develop a very large and invasive feature branch on our product. Everyone was a bit nervous about the amount of breakage that would occur in the product because we were changing core constructs within it. It was the first time we formally engaged Soft-Industry's testing department to produce a test plan. After a few iterations, getting my approval and finessing the test plan, they undertook all of the testing. The feedback I received from my boss and passed on to Soft-Industry was that it was the best test plan they'd ever seen. The success of the testing was such that, when we merged that branch back into the trunk, nobody realized it had been done. Nothing broke and it was quite unspectacular.

How did Soft-Industry perform from a project management standpoint?

Part of our synergy implies a learning process on my part as well. Being a developer, I find it hard to distance myself too much from analyzing how the code is written. In the beginning, I would break the jobs into suitable tasks. I wasn't getting enough value out of Soft-Industry as a result because I was spending a lot of time myself in the development process. I made the job so easy for them that their turnaround became very fast.

I've also learned that, under times of pressure, I gave them too much work. They didn't have my level of familiarity with the project and came up with results that I had to rewrite and break into smaller chunks for them. There is a Goldilocks zone in terms of breaking up tasks into chunks that are not too small and not so large as to bring a major deviation from my initial vision.

For the last several years, both Soft-Industry and I have been working nicely within this zone. The lines of communication are casual enough as not to present problems when asking for clarifications when I might have missed the mark with my descriptions.

Soft-Industry uses JIRA as their standard project tracking system. They base their billing on it.

What distinguishes Soft-Industry from other providers?

I don't have a vast experience with other offshore providers. The relationship and human aspects are important to me. Soft-Industry has plenty of depth in terms of expertise. There were times in which I needed to have graphics work done. They have a couple of graphic designers on their team who've turned around stunning work. As an example, I had them create a logo for a couple of vans I operate locally.

Overall Score From technical skills to their human connection to their project management and source control systems, they've been an essential plank on which I've rested my own business on for the better part of 12 years.
    This is almost not applicable. I don't give them exact deadlines. There have been a few urgent situations of having to resolve a certain bug. Soft-Industry has usually resolved these issues overnight.
    I recommend them 100 percent...I strongly advocated Soft-Industry, and we engaged with them. The only reason I would be reluctant to recommend them would be if, by doing so, they'd become unavailable for my own projects.

Dedicated Development Team for Specialized IT Firm

"They are extremely reliable.... Soft Industry is always there for us, and always addresses our issues."

Soft Industry developed an e-commerce website using Drupal CMS, PHP, and SQL. They've also collaborated on multiple projects with the latest being Java-based and cloud-based using AWS, and a .NET project.

San Francisco Bay Area
Founder, Boutique Development Shop

The products have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from internal stakeholders and external end-users. Soft Industry brings exceptional project management skills to the table as well as great adaptability.

We are a consulting firm.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Soft Industry?

We were looking for affordable and reliable development resources for building an e-commerce website.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

Soft Industry developed the site using the Drupal CMS. They also work extensively with PHP and SQL. We've since worked on multiple projects, including financial applications for the banking industry, education applications, and others. Our latest project is Java-based and uses complex backend databases. Everything we've worked on has been cloud-based, using Amazon Web Services.

Most of our projects include mobile aspects. Although they're not necessarily native applications, they have responsive designs.

The largest team assigned to us included 11 people. We have interacted both with the developers themselves and with their project manager, depending on the size of the project. On very small ones, there was no need for a project manager.

We've built a .NET project and also needed engineers who specialized in Java, as well as a front-end designer. The greatest thing about Soft Industry is that they manage to scale up and down based on our demand and the specific expertise needed. The turnaround for their engineers is very low. Most of the people I was working with at the start of our collaboration are still there. This is important because, when working with people for extended periods of time, you will get a clear image of their capabilities.

How did you come to work with Soft Industry?

They were recommended to us. We contacted them and met their team.

I cannot provide a total cost estimate, but as an example, we've worked on a project that cost $200,000.

We have an ongoing relationship.

I bring the final product to the customers and interact with them directly. Feedback has been very good. Just like with any software development process, we go through many stages. Their engineers are very good, and we've had very positive results.

How did Soft Industry perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira, GitHub and other similar tools in our project development cycle. We have Agile and Scrum methodologies for ensuring that we keep track of all our goals.

What distinguishes Soft Industry from other providers?

They are extremely reliable. I've worked with other teams in the past, either from India or Belarus. My concern was always about having the same people available for the next project. Soft Industry is always there for us, and always addresses our issues. When we need them to synchronize to our time zone, they always accommodate us.

They are reasonable and I get good rates because we've worked together for a long time. In my experience, hourly rates are not an indicator of final cost.
    I always recommend them.

Dedicated Dev Team for Telecommunications Firm

"They are very efficient and have a sizable talent pool from which to draw."

The project with Soft Industry consists of two phases with the first being the training phase. The second phase is the development and integration of additional modules with the client's product.

Boston Metro Area
Former Director of Engineering, Telecom Firm

The integration project has reached its completion and was successful. Soft Industry performed outstandingly and was praised for their organization model efficiency, and excellent communication skills.

My company is specialized in network monitoring, testing and analytics. One of our key products is designed for providing monitoring and analysis of telephony networks, both next generation and legacy landlines, such as SS7 and TDM, and mobile lines. It is a complex product, featuring multiple probes that can be installed in multiple locations, which communicate with regional operating servers, providing an overview of the entire network, for both reporting and diagnostic purposes. Typically, it is sold as-is, and our customers are telephony service providers as well as cable companies and other kinds of integrators, small providers, and so on.

I am the director of engineering.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Soft Industry?

Sometimes, our product is integrated with solutions from other companies. We had a strategic partnership with a large equipment manufacturer. They won a bid in Saudi Arabia to provide monitoring services for their network infrastructure. The client had good mobile solutions, but they didn't have anything in place for next generation networks. They asked us to provide a solution that could be integrated with their products. This was not part of our typical operations, so the management decided to outsource the project. We wanted to find someone who could build this for us.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

Phase one of the project was limited in scope. They worked with the help of our local developers, who helped them in the training phase. The team was initially composed of only four people, one project manager, and three developers.

Phase two was much larger in scope. It entailed a lot of development of additional modules, which had to be integrated both with our product and with that of the client. The team was expanded to 12 people, which were also trained by us. Soft Industry came up to speed quickly and delivered. What was more surprising was that, after connecting them to the customer directly, they were able to perform upgrades by themselves, debug the system, provide support and troubleshooting, and so on. Overall, it was a positive experience.

I requested that Soft Industry create very detailed schedules on a weekly basis. The biggest positive surprise for me was that they never deviated from them. They were always on time.

How did you come to work with Soft Industry?

We looked at various vendors. Soft Industry was recommended by a friend. Being from the Ukraine myself, it was easy to communicate with them. We spoke on the phone a couple of times. We also met in person and liked their team as well as their approach and expertise. We chose to hire them for this project.

On average, the pricing for the second phase was $5,000 per month, per person. Soft Industry charges different hourly rates for different developers, depending on their level of experience.

The project lasted two and a half years. We didn't win the next phase of the project, and the relationship ended as a result.

Unfortunately, I cannot share any figures or metrics as those are strictly confidential. I can tell you, anecdotally, that we've been more than impressed with their performance.

How did Soft Industry perform from a project management standpoint?

Our collaboration involved one person from our company working directly with only one person from Soft Industry. I was the one designated locally, and I worked with their current project lead. There were also two key developers with whom I communicated often. One was dealing with the server back-end work, and the other was in charge of databases. Soft Industry executed a Sprint project, and we kept track of any issues locally, through a spreadsheet. They were very proactive, not waiting until I'd asked about any issues.

We used OnTime for project tracking, a small application lifecycle management tool. We entered the requirements for the next Sprint cycle on it, which Soft Industry would break down into tasks.

What distinguishes Soft Industry from other providers?

They are very efficient and have a sizable talent pool from which to draw. Most of the IT [information technology] industry in Ukraine is centered on Kiev. Soft Industry is located in a city only 80 miles away, which is much less expensive. Chernihiv has a great university and, as such, a great pool of talent. Soft Industry is very good at recruiting young, motivated professionals.

Also, their organization model is very efficient. A project manager oversees their entire operations and is always able to communicate effectively when issues arise.

They never try to sell their capabilities in absolutes, saying they can do anything. I've worked with a couple of Indian companies. Their managers produce great slides, managing me instead of the software, which was something I didn't like. Soft Industry was very conservative in their estimations, but they always met them.

Is there anything Soft Industry could have improved or done differently?

Working with them was easy, partially because we have the same native language. Nevertheless, their written English level was very good, but not all of their developers can speak fluently. We never had problems in communicating with any of their key people.

Overall Score The only drawback is that they are not native speakers. Indian companies could offer better English-speaking staff. This was not an issue for me personally, but it could be one for other clients.
    I've known Indian and Chinese companies that are less expensive. Soft-Industry is not really cheap, but the value received was great.
    I would definitely recommend them.