Modern prospecting, thoughtful outreach

We help B2B product-led companies acquire more customers at scale through targeted demand generation and outbound sales.

Temecula, CA

Content Outreach for Analytics Platform Developer

"They know how to reach the market."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Smashdeck executed content outreach strategies. They worked on generating lead lists, scheduling email campaigns, and calling prospective clients in the market.

Washington, DC
BDR/Sales, Analytics Platform Developer

Their involvement has helped the business contact top decision makers within the industry. Smashdeck offers useful expertise that makes a difference in outreach, and they’re ready to help at any step.

I am the business development and sales rep for Cortex Building Intelligence, where we deliver mobile-first building analytics platforms to large commercial office owners and managers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smashdeck?

We wanted content outreach strategies.

I wanted to be able to schedule meetings and appointments with owners and managers in the commercial office industry.

We’d used their services in the past.

They have worked on generating lead lists, scheduling email campaigns, and calling prospective clients in the market.

My COO and I worked with Christina (Founder, Smashdeck) and Carlos (Sales and Marketing) to meet our outreach goals.

They’ve helped us make time with busy individuals by using resources such as phone burners to help get through more dials throughout the day.

They are always willing to offer their assistance throughout any step of the process.

They know how to reach the market, but they still let us mold the outreach and cater it towards our specific industry.

Other than moving to eliminate our time zone difference, I can’t think of anything.

Sales Development for Billing & Revenue Automation Platform

"We are connected with the right people, and we appreciate how that saves us time."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Smashdeck provides lead generation and prospecting services on an ongoing basis. Their efforts include market segmentation, list building, and outreach.

Washington, DC
Eren Koont
Head of Marketing, Ordway

Their market segmentation tactics efficiently reach the right prospects. The Smashdeck team is collaborative and consistently delivers results. Their tailored approach fits the needs of their customers and sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m the head of marketing at Ordway. We are a revenue automation platform that helps companies conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smashdeck?

I wanted to expand our capacity for lead generation and prospecting markets.

They provide services for email outreach, list building, and specific market segmentation.

My main contact is Christina (Sales & Marketing Lead, Smashdeck), but I work with two other Smashdeck team members on a weekly basis.

How did you come to work with Smashdeck?

I was referred to Smashdeck from a colleague. What drove me to work with them was their thought process; they came across less as a commodity and more as an augmentation resource for marketing strategy.

I’ve invested between $25,000 – $50,000.

We began our partnership in August 2018 and are still working together.

Their work is the equivalent of having an internal sales development representative (SDR) head. We are pleased with the thoughtfulness of their approach.

How did Smashdeck perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job, overall. We communicate through video conferencing, and Christina even met with me in person when I was in Southern California.

They are strategic and tactical at the same time which we found very impressive. They are able to be hyper-targeted with their segmentation, which allows us to grow at an ideal pace. We are now connected with the right people, and we appreciate how that saves us time.

I think they could improve in relaying my company’s voice.

I would recommend going into the engagement prepared to leverage their expertise and to be open to their suggestions.

Overall Score It’s more of a partnership than a client/vendor relationship at this point.
    We talk about which campaigns we’re going to start running each week, and those run on time.
    We’re meeting a price lower than a full-time employee.
    They say what they’re going to deliver each week.
    They’re open to making it a win-win for both parties, so I would recommend them willingly.

Marketing and Sales Partnership for AR Firm

"They’re easy to work with."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Smashdeck did direct marketing and social media marketing as part of a B2B-focused partnership. They did script development, managed intent data, and contacted prospects.

Cupertino, California
Shilu Zou
Senior Partner, AR Products Firm

Their involvement pushed the product through to listing with retailers. They also set up meetings with major distribution channels. Smashdeck follows an efficient process and they accommodate desired iterations.

I’m a senior partner and sales manager for a firm that creates AR-enabled space consumer products.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smashdeck?

We hired them to outreach to sales channels.

We wanted to increase our B2B sales and sales channels.

We had a few calls with Christina (Founder, Smashdeck). We were impressed with her efficiency and level of commitment.

They did script development, managed intent data, and contacted over a thousand prospects per month.   They ran social campaigns, set appointments, did business development, and implemented a tech stack, which included Outreach and Orca.

We worked with Christina as our project manager and main contact for outreach and social campaigns. We had contact with Carlos (Sales and Marketing Specialist, Smashdeck) for our sales meetings.

They helped us to get our product listed with large retailers and set meetings with major distribution channels.

Their whole process is easy and efficient. We use Slack for daily communication and Zoom conferences for our weekly meetings. We have the opportunity to iterate on the process each week.

They’re easy to work with.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Digital Marketing Services for Senior Care Consultants

“Overall, they were an excellent partner.”

Smashdeck planned and executed a digital marketing strategy which involved online newsletters, email marketing, and social media marketing. The team currently remains on standby to lend support.

San Diego, California
Norman Hannay
President, Elder Care Guides

Smashdeck captured the project’s specifications and devised an effective strategy to build an online presence. The metrics they provide serve as valuable tools to determine future steps in the strategy. The team is easy to work with and delivers positive results with their strategies.

Elder Care Guides provides care management and caregiver services to senior citizens.

I am president.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Smashdeck Marketing?

Our goal was to improve our digital marketing and, in particular, get a better understanding various social media platforms.

The scope of the work was digital marketing assistance including online newsletters and email marketing, as well as social media marketing. They were also very helpful in setting us up with analytics tools so we could better gauge our success.

How did you come to work with Smashdeck Marketing?

We identified several different possible partners and did a desk review to reduce it down to three. We conducted face-to-face interviews with three different marketing companies to help us with strategic digital marketing and ended up selecting Smashdeck.

It's probably been in the $15,000 range.

What was the timeline of the project?

The initial project, which consisted of them creating our digital presence, took about three months. However, we've continued the relationship since then.

What have been the results of the project? Could you share any statistics or metrics from this engagement?

The results were good. We took away a calendar of events that we could use, we took away a scoring card that we could use on the analytics side. While we've taken over the majority of the work, Smashdeck continues to work with us in a support role.

It's hard to share metrics that track the improvement of the project because they built everything from scratch. We weren't doing any of this before we started working with Smashdeck.

What distinguishes Smashdeck Marketing from other providers?

I found them very easy to work with. Smashdeck Marketing was great listeners and seemed to understand our problems even when we didn't articulate them as clearly as we might have. Overall, they were an excellent partner.

Is there anything Smashdeck Marketing could have improved or done differently?

No. I don't have any.

Web and Graphic Design for Nonprofit Organization

“The results were positive, and I'm happy with the value I received for my money.”

Smashdeck developed a website on Squarespace for a non-profit company. The project involved coding and the creation of visual assets and was developed on a strict 3-week deadline.

San Diego Metro Area
Renne Zau
Co-Founder, SamplingforGood

Smashdeck adapted to the project’s specifications and delivered a finished website within the strict deadline. The team worked very fast, delivering most of the project’s requirements in the first week. The website, while simple, managed to capture the business’ ideals with its visual elements.

Please describe your company.

My company is SamplingForGood, we're a website that matches nonprofit events like races or festivals with companies looking to market their products to those attending.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the co-founder and CEO.

What was your goal for working with Smashdeck Marketing?

At first, SamplingForGood was part of a larger company I founded called DonationMatch. I needed help launching the marketing pages for SamplingForGood as a separate website and company.

When we were splitting off SamplingForGood from DonationMatch, I needed Christina [Hall, founder of Smashdeck Marketing] to create the new website from scratch, and I directed her to do it on Squarespace, so it could be easily transferred back to my company to manage. They came up with a basic website, along with some graphics. It was our very first site.

I didn't give her a long timeline at all, only about a month. She came back to me almost daily with specific deliverables. A significant part of the project was done within the first week. She's very fast and gives a lot of dedicated attention to her clients. The majority of the site was done in a week, and then I had suggestions for what I wanted changed. I would say the whole thing was done in three weeks in the late summer of 2014.

What was your process for selecting Smashdeck Marketing?

I've known Christina for at least two years through an association that we belong to. I hired her based on Smashdeck's past work with other companies as well as my personal relationship with Christina.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

It was less than $1,000.

What were the results of the project?

The results were positive, and I'm happy with the value I received for my money. The site was simple, but I really liked the graphics she put together, and it did a good job of representing our company in the initial stages of the launch.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

I don't have specific metrics. The main KPI [key performance indicator] was time. She had our site up and running in around three weeks, which I was incredibly happy about.

Is there anything unique or special about Smashdeck Marketing that really makes them stand out?

Smashdeck is really on top of updated technology. Christina was always looking for the least expensive yet efficient tools for us to use and was always making suggestions. She is also open to handing off a concept that she had set up on other vendor sites, so that we could move forward and not feel handcuffed to her to a certain extent.

The site itself was not very complicated, which was fine for us at first. As we grew as a company, we had to move on to more sophisticated developers. That takes nothing away though, from Christina's marketing and design skills, which are great.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

If I had taken the time to pull more specific examples of what I liked and compiled a portfolio for her, which may have helped reduce some of the back and forth time we had. Although I was grateful for the time she spent discussing it with me. It would have been helpful to be more specific at the start. You can't assume that they know what you like.

She actually got it done faster than I thought she would.
    I already have recommended them to other people.