Think Web. Think Smart.

Gold

SmartSites is full service digital agency that specializes in website design, website development, search engine optimization, and pay per click management. SmartSites offers creative ways to plan, build, and promote businesses of all sizes, in various industries across the United States. The company was founded in 2011 and is based out of Paramus, New Jersey.

Paramus, NJ

Porsche, Harvard University, Rakuten, Poker Stars, Mickey Truck Bodies, A-Absolute Plumbing, NJIT, Rockville Interiors

Digital Marketing for Data Center Company

Website Design & Development, Search Engine Optimization

Ecommerce Website & Digital Marketing

Ecommerce (Magento) Development, Complex Integrations, Organic SEO

Digital Marketing & Site Improvements for Cosmetic Center

“SmartSites is our go-to for everything digital, from PPC and SEO to site improvements.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

SmartSites provides a range of digital marketing services, including PPC and SEO management, Facebook ad management, content marketing, and site updates.

New York City, New York
Vladimir Byhovsky
Owner, Studio Esthetique

Thanks to SmartSites’ efforts, cost per acquisition has halved while organic search rankings have increased. Unlike their competitors, SmartSites delivers consistent, high-caliber work that produces results. Transparent and collaborative, they’ve maintained open communication throughout the process.

I’m the owner of an award-winning skin and laser center called Studio Esthetique. We offer the latest cosmetic skin and laser treatments at our locations in the Bronx, Westchester, and New York City.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

After getting poor results with a previous agency, we engaged SmartSites to manage our PPC. We've since quickly expanded their role to include social media marketing, SEO, and site updates.

We wanted to increase our leads while decreasing the cost per lead.

We’d already heard about SmartSites’ reputation online, but our print marketing vendor formally introduced us.

Initially, we assigned a few ad groups within our current Google Ads campaign to gauge their performance. SmartSites’s improved ad groups did far better than we anticipated, so we quickly gave them the whole account to manage. Shortly after, they took on our Facebook ads.

Now, SmartSites is our go-to for everything digital, from PPC and SEO to site improvements. They’ve updated our site to make it faster and more conversion-driven, and they’ve written content for us to rank organically on search engines.

We talk directly with our project manager, but there have been other resources who specialized in specific tasks. This includes a PPC analyst, an SEO analyst, a designer, a developer, and a content lead.

Compared to our previous vendor, we’ve seen consistently improving results with SmartSites. Our cost per lead has decreased by over 50%.

How did the SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication is excellent. We receive live updates as they complete work, and they also give us weekly recap calls. Everything is transparent.

What impresses you about the SmartSites?

They constantly produce high-quality work. I’ve worked with many marketing individuals and agencies who are able to do a good job for a single deliverable. However, SmartSites continues to produce strong work across various services.

No, none that I can think of.

Overall Score I highly recommend SmartSites.
    We have set weekly calls. For the year that we've worked together, we've only had to have 1–2 emergency reschedules.
    They're more cost-effective than other comparable agencies.
    They've never been any issues. It's excellent work.
    I've already referred many friends to SmartSites.

WordPress Web Designs & Marketing for Credit Company

“Anyone who is interested in developing a new website or launching a marketing campaign should utilize SmartSites.”

Mar. - June 2018

To replace an outdated platform, SmartSites followed a specific workflow to develop a WordPress marketing site. They designed a template to send research investment advisors and launched a marketing campaign.

11- 50 Employees

Leitita Evans
Publication Manager, Gimme Credit Publications

Since the new website went live, sales and web traffic have increased considerably. The marketing campaign has revealed useful insight and will prove useful in securing new business from interested clients. SmartSites coupled high caliber work and actionable input with seamless project management.

I'm the publications manager at Gimme Credit Publications.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

We needed to build a new marketing website and actually launch a whole new marketing campaign. Our old website was outdated. We had been primarily used it for research purposes.

Once I came on board to lead the project, I provided an overview of the exact steps for each stage of our development from concept to launch. SmartSites built our new site on WordPress. After we laid out the essential things we needed to reach our target audience, the team described what they thought would be the best fit for our requirements.

As we worked on the marketing campaign, we held numerous phone conversations with the director of project management. She went over the services, websites, and marketing tools SmartSites had to offer. We specifically requested a template to send out to our research investment advisors.

We worked directly with Anita (Director of Project Management, SmartSites).

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

Our CEO originally reached out to SmartSites. I'm not sure how he chose them. He might have found them through a referral or Google search. Once they discussed pricing and strategy and he decided to hire them, I joined the engagement.

So far, we've spent about $10,000.

We started working together in March 2018 and have an ongoing contract. The site launched in June 2018.

Since we launched the new website, we've had a dramatic increase in sales and user traffic. The marketing campaigns have helped us identify additional marketing trends and possible contacts, as well.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

SmartSites managed the project superbly. They’ve absolutely met or exceeded all of our expectations. In the beginning, we communicated several times a week. As the project progressed, we didn't need to speak as often. I still reach out with questions and for additional insight.

I was most impressed by SmartSites' availability. Anita is very hands on and always makes herself accessible when we have questions or concerns. Whenever we need to hop on a call, she schedules a meeting to go over suggestions and recommendations.

No, there are not.

I would definitely recommend SmartSites. Even though the hiring decision had already been made when I first joined the project, I personally researched the websites and products they'd built for past clients. Anyone who is interested in developing a new website or launching a marketing campaign should utilize SmartSites.

Overall Score We are definitely very satisfied. We have an ongoing contract and plan to utilize them for future projects.
    At first, the requirements were unclear, and we may have missed some goals. That could be our fault since we didn’t specify our exact needs.
    They did an excellent job. We received a great value for the price we paid.
    They did everything on time and with a high level of professionalism.
    They did a fantastic job overall.

Website Development for Auto Parts Retailer

"I'm impressed by their availability, accountability, and professionalism."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites augmented the backend functionality of a product website, giving adminstrators more control over content, images, and pricing. They also host the website.

Garfield, New Jersey
Dana Zirpoli
Product/Web Manager, Robert's & Son

The expanded website presents a wealth of helpful information to both customers and employees. It is faster, more dependable, and more accessible than ever. SmartSites responds promptly to issues, maintains an efficient workflow, and always takes the time to explain their process.

Robert's & Son is a wholesale retail supplier of electrical parts for industrial vehicles and equipment. We specialize in starters, alternators, motors, and vehicle safety lighting. I'm the primary product manager and purchasing agent. My responsibilities also include website administration and development.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We hired them to maintain our website infrastructure and functionality and perform some SEO.

Our biggest challenge is showcasing the depth of our inventory. We have not only a starter for your backhoe, but also a battery for your grocery-getter and all the tools to properly test and install those parts. Our goals were simply to improve our website and to enhance customer knowledge of our deep inventory. We felt this formula would improve sales.

We wanted a local vendor. In an industry where you may never put a face to a partner, it's better to do things the old-fashioned way. We wanted to sit with them and discuss our project.

Our website was already live, but we'd gone as far as we could with our past developer. We were happy with the customer functionality, but needed more backend flexibility for content input, brand logo placement, and product display. After an almost catastrophic hack, we also migrated our hosting services to SmartSites from one of the big box vendors.

Our project manager is the first person to get a frantic e-mail from me when something goes wrong. She manages the specialists behind the scenes, who always get the job done despite my layman's terminology. Other teams seamlessly guided us through the server migration.

SmartSites quickly gave us the tools to display as many brand logos and products as we wished. Our customers always know which products are available, and our customer service team has immediate access to the descriptions and pricing of over 12,000 SKUs.

Switching hosts was our best move.  Our web presence now reaches more markets in the U.S. and abroad. Its speed and reliability, on both desktop and mobile, has vastly improved. I can relax knowing that we have such a reliable web maintenance and hosting service.

Their project management is effective. On their active collaboration portal, we track our progress, see who is working on our project, and chime in when needed.

I'm impressed by their availability, accountability, and professionalism. They obviously take pride in their work, and it shows in their product. They aren't faceless cyborgs reading from a customer service script or flowchart. They patiently guide us through issues, understanding that we may not understand how things work.

They could send messages about new products, services, or technologies that I would find useful.

Google Adwords Management for Carpet Cleaner

“[They] struck a good balance of expertise and drawing upon different resources to meet our needs.”

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites manages the advertising strategy and budget allocation for Google AdWords. They also provided additional assistance with SEO.

Glendale, New York
David Swidler
VP, Long Island Carpet Cleaners, Inc.

Since working with SmartSites, AdWords campaigns have yielded more referral traffic and better-quality customer interactions, which in turn significantly improved employee effectiveness. Sales are also increasing, though not as quickly as anticipated.

I'm the vice president of Long Island Carpet Cleaners.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

We were looking for someone to provide strategy and budgeting advice for Google AdWords. Our account was originally overseen in-house when I took over managing it, but it wasn't being handled effectively and we wanted to hire someone new. After our first third-party consultant got pulled away from us, we researched other options and found the SmartSites team.

We're trying to come up with different strategies to tweak our AdWords presence and maximize every dollar that we're spending, and they’ve also helped us with our SEO. It's been challenging, not because of SmartSites, but just because it's a competitive market.

They assigned a project manager who they thought would work well with us, and that's who we deal with directly, though they have other team members who occasionally assist.

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

My wife has a decade of agency experience and is familiar with the digital side, so I enlisted her to do some research. She found that they were one of several Google-trusted vendors in our area, so I interviewed those companies and came away feeling the most comfortable with the SmartSites team.

I really liked that they were humble about their expertise and were willing to bring in additional personnel to handle SEO, for example, instead of having the AdWords person try to manage it. That wasn't the model I saw at some of the other organizations we interviewed. We're a small business, so we needed reliable customer service with a hands-on approach, but a large organization was beyond our price range, and many of the small "one-stop shops" came across as disingenuous about their capabilities. SmartSites struck a good balance of expertise and drawing upon different resources to meet our needs.

Their services cost us about $500 a month.

We started working with them in October 2016 and they're still working with us.

The biggest benefit to me has been an unexpected one because we use the AdWords Click-to-Call feature, which automatically records any calls we get. I've been able to do a huge amount of business training with my staff as a result of that and it's impacted our ROI when we close sales. The ability to monitor calls daily instead of monthly helped me manage my team better and we've seen a huge impact.

Related to that, we've seen an increase in conversion rates and referral traffic. We're also getting more targeted calls. There are fewer, but the quality of them is better, which is more cost-effective for me because my staff isn't wasting their time fielding unnecessary calls.

My sales have also been improving, and we're moving in the right direction, but the results currently aren't as high as I'd like to see.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

We spoke much more often in the first few months, but once things were up and running we communicated a bit less. Now that we're approaching my slow season, I can spend a lot more time tweaking things and working with them to revamp our strategy so we're ready to go when we up our spending for our busy season.

I'm in touch with them probably every other week right now, and we mostly communicate via email. They do well enough, but I think they're spread a little thin at the moment. I don't know that I'm necessarily getting the full amount of attention that I'd prefer at this point.

As far as deadlines, they’re pretty good. I gave them one big, challenging request several weeks ago that I’m still waiting on, but I knew that might be difficult given their limited resources and my limited budget as a client.

I went to a conference that they hosted a few weeks ago, and I was really impressed by some of the projects that they've implemented for some of their other clients. They had one particular client with a similar business model to ours, and they did an amazing job at getting them off the ground. Now, their budget is 10 times larger than ours, so I understand why they allocated so many more resources to it, but I was very impressed with their ability to mobilize and solve this client's problem so quickly.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

Like many businesses, they're going to be more responsive to a large project than a much smaller one, so if you're only spending a few hundred dollars a month it might be challenging.

Overall Score I'm reasonably satisfied with how things are going, but there's always room for improvement.
    They do a very nice job. I'd save a 5 for "perfect."

Brand Awareness, SEO & Data Mining for Distillery

“I haven’t used anyone else besides SmartSites because they’ve done well by me every time.”

June 2014 - Ongoing

SmartSites used data mining and SEO to develop a Wordpress site that increased brand awareness and unique traffic. They currently create content, including images and articles.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Avi Aisenberg
CEO, South Florida Distillers

Prompt delivery, rigid project management, and constant communication makes SmartSites a valuable partner. Their SEO brings in new customers without having to engage in advertisement.

I’m the owner/president/CEO of South Florida Distillers, a craft rum distillery that also contracts liquor manufacturing for private brands. I’m also the proprietor, so I sign all the tax documents for the business.

What challenge were you trying to address with SmartSites?

We initially needed to drive attention to our website and let people know that we are physically in our area. It wasn’t so much about data gathering in the beginning, but about local awareness. We needed to associate our name with local restaurants using SEO.

The website needs an exact purpose, and I had an idea of what I wanted to achieve. I had a narrow-minded goal for the website at the beginning because of the laws our industry has to abide by.

Matt Prepis [Project Manager, SmartSites] talked with us about our goals and theme, which was nautical. I found websites I liked and showed those to them to initiate design, and then there was a collaborative effort between Matt and I. Afterwards, he had developers and graphic designers put together three samples which I selected from, and then they started development.

They obtained rights for images on a website I chose that made sense for our company, and then uploaded everything, including the content we wrote, onto the WordPress site. It took 6-8 weeks to develop.

They also associated the brand name of our rum, FWAYGO, with liquor so that when you search on Google, we come up. I’m now starting to add information to the site for contract manufacturing, and SmartSites continues to implement other things, like downloading pictures.

Were there certain features you asked for?

On the left side of WordPress, they made a cocktail section that allows me to load in simple recipes. They made it very easy to input this information, and created pop-ups on a certain page which has been very helpful for SEO. When you type in our name, you get cocktail pictures on our website, and then people want to see what they can make with our product.

I’m not sure, because I wasn’t in direct communication with the developers or graphic designers.

How did you come to work with SmartSites?

I called one of the guys from SmartSites who I met in college and asked him to do the website. I didn’t contact many people because I just didn’t have time. I do have a local friend who makes websites, but I always thought SmartSites’ were better.

I like and trust SmartSites, and they had built a website for a business I sold. The current website took the same amount of time as that one, and they delivered on my expectations, so I stuck with them.

I spent between $12,000-$13,00 total. I already had hosting for them, but that got the WordPress site live.

We started working with them in May or June 2014, and the relationship is ongoing.

We have 3,500 unique visitors per month, and every time someone visits, we ask how they found us, and it’s always because of the website. I don’t advertise at all other than on social media, and we don’t do sales through the website. Yet, we still have a lot of traffic and it’s performed well in terms of SEO. SmartSites delivers in an appropriate amount of time, and when they spec it, it doesn’t change design paradigms before they’re finished.

There’s only one company that ranks higher than us due to keyword phrases because they had the first license in the state, and they’re old. There are 30 distilleries in Florida, but because our name is South Florida Distillers, it helps with SEO. The rest of the success is because of the website.

Having people visit the website is important to me because we operate a production facility, and I don’t have a tasting room yet. However, people from all over the country still visit us, take tours of the facility, and purchase our products to take back to someone who loves our rum. Between Facebook and our website, our visitors know all about us.

How did SmartSites perform from a project management standpoint?

A lot of the work was done through a bug/development tracking system. My point of contact was Matt and he took care of everything. We communicated via Skype and it was easy to have constant communication. The first several weeks, I talked to him every day. After that, they were working on getting it done, and then, towards the end, we were refining the site and making changes.

They did a great job, and I would use them for my next website. You should always have someone else do your website for you, especially if you’re not familiar with the business, because you’ll miss out on factors important to SEO. I haven’t used anyone else besides SmartSites because they’ve done well by me every time.

Their speed is a huge plus. Right now, they’re supplying content, including images and articles, and they’re always open to feedback while maintaining a quick turnaround.

Knowing more of the team would be useful and make you feel more committed, because their team is big from what I understand.

Overall Score I have no reason to go anywhere else.
    I didn’t set a deadline.
    Every dollar was worth spending.
    They delivered everything they were supposed to, and I was completely satisfied.
    I recommend them all the time.

PPC for Real Estate Loan Company

"I like the transparency and communication."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

SmartSites is under contract to generate 8–12 new customers for a commercial real estate loan company. SmartSites create ads, modify keywords, and remove low-quality traffic.

Irvine, California
Ron Taylor
Owner, CRE Funding Group

SmartSites' work surpasses expectations. Communication, responsiveness, and openness are strong.

I am the owner of CRE Funding. We provide commercial real estate loans for both investment and owner-occupied properties.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

I hired SmartSites to manage my PPC campaigns and to build a new landing page

My goals were to generate 8-12 quality real estate loan requests with $1 million as the loan minimum amount.

I researched several different marketing companies and I liked SmartSites approach the best.

The onboarding started with an account audit. They reviewed my account and sent over a list of recommendations. After the audit, I signed the contract and we had a project kickoff. From there Dylan was able to get the necessary information to deliver significant improvements within my campaigns.

I worked directly with Dylan as my PPC analyst. Him and I worked together on creating ads, adding in new keywords and removing low quality traffic.

Overall, my expectations were exceeded working with SmartSites. I am at full capacity with workload and considering hiring someone to help scale my business.

The workflow was very effective.

I like the transparency and communication. At any point, I can hop on a call with Dylan, pull up a screen-share and go over any immediate requests.

Nothing comes to mind.

SEO & PPC for Automotive Services Company

"It's been a great pleasure working with true experts."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

SmartSites ventured to develop PPC and marketing strategies for an auto garage business. They developed a landing page and restructured the client's ad account for maximum exposure.

Naugatuck, Connecticut
Luigi Micheo
Co-Owner, CT Garage Service

Thanks to SmartSite's strategies, the client now enjoys 6–7 leads a day and receives an unprecedented amount of phone calls. Their efforts have allowed the business to take steps for expansion and growth. The team's communication and transparency made them excellent partners.

I am a partner / co-business owner of CT Garage Service. We are a full service garage door company. We service residential and commercial properties.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

I hired SmartSites to manage my PPC and lead gen campaigns.

My goals were to get more phone calls and to triple the amount of leads coming in each day.

I've worked with a bunch of marketing company's, none of them had as many positive reviews as SmartSites.

First we started with a project kickoff where they asked all of the important questions before taking over my account. Then it took about a week for them to build out a landing page and restructure my ad account. From there, it was about a month or two of experimenting with different strategies and by month 3, I saw major improvements!

I worked with Dylan and his team.

We were averaging around 1-2 leads a day. We are now at 6-7 leads a day. I'm able to hire more technicians and grow the business eventually to the next state.

It's been a great pleasure working with true experts.

Their communication and transparency is what sets them apart from the rest.

Not that I can think of. If you're looking for a marketing company that truly cares, then look no further! SmartSites are your guys!

Digital Marketing for E-Commerce Fashion Store

"I was happiest with the turnaround and the results."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

SmartSites did digital marketing for an e-commerce site. They ran PPC campaigns to drive sales and in-store traffic.

Westwood, New Jersey
Lara Henawi
President & Owner, Ludovica

Their work generated more online traffic and more direct e-commerce sales. SmartSites offers effective and reliable communication.

Ludovica is a fast fashion, trendy local boutique. We sell women's clothing, accessories, shoes, and jewelry. I am the President and Owner.

Ecommerce marketing including PPC Management

To sell more clothing from my e-commerce store.

Came highly recommended.

I have an e-commerce store that was built in WordPress WooCommerce. I hired SmartSites to increase sales. They managed the website and implemented a PPC campaign to drive sales and in-store traffic.

I worked with Matthew (PPC Analyst, SmartSites) who was my project manager.

I received more sales from the website and more traffic to my retail store.

It was very effective. I spoke directly with my project manager weekly.

I was happiest with the turnaround and the results.

SEO for Financial Services Provider

"They are the best around."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

SmartSites built a website and continue to run SEO efforts and monitor leads for a Financial Services provider.

New Milford, New Jersey
Scott Kahn
Owner, Nationwide Merchant Solutions

Business has increased as a result of the work done by the SmartSites team. The website completely satisfies all visual and functional requirements.

Owner trying to increase incoming leads

SEO

Increase sales

They have great references

Build website and help monitor leads

N/a

They are the best around.

We where given a team leader

Everything

Perfect 6

Web Design for Event Company

"The level of attention and dedication from everyone on the team was impressive."

Feb. - July 2014

SmartSites designed a website for a freelance event production company. After a kickoff meeting, their team developed both the front- and backend of the site.

Co-Founder, Event Production Company

The new site has been successful, leading to an increase in sales. SmartSites is attentive and dedicated, producing quality work within a short timeframe.

I am the co-founder and co-owner of an event company.

For what projects/services did your company hire SmartSites?

We hired SmartSites to revamp our website as well as provide some marketing.

My goal was to have a functional and presentable website that was both mobile optimized and fast.

A friend of mine referred me to SmartSites. We reviewed several other vendors but nobody else even came close.

Once we signed with SmartSites, we had a kick off call to discuss our goals/objectives/vision. After that, their team went into action and over the course of just a little bit over 3 months, we had a brand new website.

We were assigned a project manager, but following along in their portal, I saw they had a design team, "front end" team and a "back end" team work on our project.

The website was a huge success and drives us a lot more sales than what we had before.

The workflow, managed in their portal, seemed very processed out and polished off. All the teams worked in unison without too much interaction from us.

The level of attention and dedication from everyone on the team was impressive. Also, any time we had an issue or question, we'd get a response almost right away - very rare in this industry.

I'd love to find something to nitpick, but they were really phenomenal.

Overall Score Oustanding service and experience.
    Their team was always avaliable for me
    Cost was on-par with what others charge and cheaper than the NYC agencies I contacted.
    Website looks phenomenal
    I have already refered them and going out of my way to leave this and other reviews really shows how much I appreciate their work.

Gold