Partner In your Progress

Skynet Technologies has more than 16 years of experience in Website Design, Web Development, iPhone and Android Application Development and Internet Marketing field. We serve 350+ clients originating from 12+ countries. Our primary goal is to make our customers happy and successful by providing quick turnaround, high quality and meet their expectations.

2002

• Technotronix
  • Pathways
  • Nu-era Doors

Web Dev for Dental Consulting Firm

"Honesty is a characteristic I put high grades on. I’ve come to trust Rajesh and his organization implicitly."

Nov. 2002 - Ongoing

Skynet enhanced online presence and lead generation efforts through a new consulting site. They also designed and developed an e-commerce platform and conducted search engine marketing for both sites.

Lapeer, Michigan
Kirit Bhatt
Manager, KB Dental Consulting

The sites helped expand the business substantially, both in the U.S. and internationally. The e-commerce site was consistently on the first page of Google, and both sites had a hand in the $2 million revenue generated since they both launched. Skynet is fast-learning and generous with their skills.

I am the manager of KB Dental, a small consulting company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Skynet Technologies?

At the time, my wife and I were running a company selling dental supplies and providing necessary service to dentists. In order to gain more visibility within the U.S. and other countries, I came to the conclusion that we needed a website, and needed to find someone to build it at a cost I could afford.

Skynet created 2 websites for me, including an e-commerce site for dental supplies and equipment, which listed products from various manufacturers that aren’t normally bought online, and the regular dental consulting site. The websites themselves wouldn’t be useful without search engine marketing [SEM], so this was another task for them.

They handled the complete design of the sites, and did everything needed in order to get the sites generating leads and revenue.

I don’t have salespeople going directly to the customers. I started out doing this, but the cost became too high and it didn’t seem to work. I didn’t have the resources of giant corporations in order to contact dentists from other countries, and came to the conclusion that a website would be the way to approach them. I told Skynet that I needed my portal to do the same thing a salesperson would do when visiting a dentist—to give them all the information about the equipment. We succeeded in that.

For example, if we were working with 5 dental chair manufacturers, clients needed to find all information about the items’ origins, specifications, and price. Many companies were listing items as “starting with $150 per month”, but that wasn’t what we wanted—I wanted to show the full prices for both buying and renting equipment. Skynet converted my thought process into the website, even though I’m not very literate when it comes to the behind-the-scenes work.

I am semi-retired now, and I started a consultancy business in 2014. I have talked to Rajesh Bhimani [Owner, Skynet Technologies] about this, since I trust him and his staff implicitly. He has been working on my websites for the last 3 years.

For the initial project, Rajesh had most of his team working on my website. He maintained a 6-7-person team after that, at any given time. He currently has 3 or 4 people working on my new website, with different expertise.

How did you come to work with Skynet Technologies?

I initially looked for some U.S. partners for the website development, but was uncomfortable because of the cost involved, and because I wasn’t sure they would understand what my business was. In order to make my website, they would have to know the intricacies of my business.

I inquired about webmasters when I visited India, and looked for some website companies in Mumbai. I also had some business in Jamnagar, and found Skynet Technologies through some local contacts there. I contacted them when the company was starting out. We had several interviews, during which I inquired about what they could offer. Their contact used to teach computer science, and said he wanted to start his own business. Once I talked to him, I became convinced that he could do what I wanted to do. It was a win-win situation since he was starting his business; we both needed exposure.

We’ve spent a substantial amount of money on the development of the websites, above $250,000. I turned the business over to my daughter in 2014, and we had a new project with Skynet for around $100,000.

We started working with Skynet around November 2002.

Our business relationship with Skynet not only helped us get sales up to over $2 million, including international and U.S. sales, but it also helped their company. The revenue we generated for Skynet was probably a starting point for them.

For several years, the kb-dental.com domain was on the first page of Google, in the first position. I suspect that we stayed there for many keywords related to the field, like “dental equipment”, “dental X-ray”, “dental compressor”, “vacuum pump” and so on. Our business really boomed.

Getting online orders through the dental supplies e-commerce store also helped us get our name out in the industry. It was beneficial to us and Skynet as well, and they’ve established a professional-looking business since then, with the kind of offices seen in the U.S.

At the time of our projects, Skynet was working with some local newspapers on prints, and they continue to. They’ve not only been successful in working with us (which was the starting point for the company), but they’ve grown substantially since then.

A lot of dentists have called us saying that the website is easy to work with. The professionals coming to our site are often looking to buy full equipment for new offices—dental chairs, tools, delivery systems, X-ray machines, digital panoramic systems, autoclave sterilizers, scalers, and so on. Our website was designed such that they could go through the major categories, subcategories, and micro-categories, to find out details like the colors available for a particular item.

After creating a website, it will take 2 years for it to be ranked properly on Google. The leads on my consultation website are coming in at a rate of 5–7 per week. Rajesh estimated that, in 1 ½–2 years, we will have as many as 200 leads per month. I take him seriously, so I’ve had a meeting with my partner in order to prepare for this influx. Because of my website, my partner has a level of support which he’s never had before, from a sales and marketing standpoint.

We are selling and renting equipment to the government in South Dakota and California. We also have a couple of ongoing quotations for a customer in Dubai, who wants to buy a mobile dental clinic, but wants it to include a CT system as well, at a cost of $100,000.

If someone rents a machine, I will have a monthly revenue; if they buy it, I will get a percentage of the sale. I’ve moved from a business I ran for 26 years and have leveraged Rajesh’s knowledge to build a business model which will probably generate several million dollars within the next 2 or 3 years.

How did Skynet Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The culture in India is different to that of the U.S., where people take 1-hour lunches and punch out at five o’clock—there, they work longer hours and report everything they do. They can charge by the hour, but I wanted to have a fixed cost so there wouldn’t be any surprises.

They will visit me shortly in the U.S. and meet my partner, so that they’ll get a better understanding of what we do, and be able to translate it into the website. I still visit them in India. They have expertise in different disciplines, from SEM to website design, and their principal monitors the full team over the PC, and assigns tasks. We’ve used Skype for communication.

Honesty is a characteristic I put high grades on. I’ve come to trust Rajesh and his organization implicitly. I have resources whom I can visit in India, and I can tell what I need and want to get done. They are all good listeners and part of a professional organization. The trust factor is there, so I know that when he charges me, I will get something in return.

No. Rajesh is a fast learner, and he has a history of teaching at a local university. This has turned into a good relationship with me. I had no hesitation in referring them to my daughter when she wanted to build a website.