Taking the Risk Out of IT Innovation

Sibers — your one-stop provider of premium software development services.

Developing custom software solutions since 1998 and employing 150+ experienced in-house developers, Sibers provides safe outsourcing services and high quality results for your business.

We work with startups, intermediaries and established businesses, develop web, desktop and mobile solutions, using .NET, PHP, JS, Objective-C, Swift, Java and Kotlin — to name just the main technologies.

We love coding and know how to do it right. Among others 1700+ top-notch IT outsourcing solutions, Sibers team has developed a video editor ranked #1 among apps for working with video on the App Store, a good many of successful e-commerce, healthcare and web-to-print solutions.

One of the desktop apps we’ve developed, analyzes sportsmen techniques and compares their movements to the “ideal effort”, taking in consideration the sportsman’s body parameters. The athlete, who used the app while training, has won the Olympic gold, and the app was reviewed in The Washington Post.

To learn more about Sibers’ experience, please, visit our website www.sibers.com.

For free consultation and quote please contact us at [email protected] or call:

US:  +1 (800) 521-4091

• Prospekt Akademika Lavrentyeva, 6/1
    Novosibirsk, NVS 630090
    Russia

Business Automation Solution for Life-Sciences Companies

Challenge: A pharmaceutical company needed soft for document management and approval to pass the audit.

Solution: This cloud-based document review and approval solution was firstly designed for a single pharmaceutical manufacturer, and now has rapidly expanded into a SaaS for life-sciences companies.

It includes three modules, sharing the same architecture:

1) Promotional Review System

The app makes the approval workflow a seamless and linear sequence of steps. After the company’s employee uploads a PDF document, image, video, etc., the first assigned approver receives the email notification. They can add comments and then approve or disapprove the document. If they approve, the job is ready for the next review. Otherwise, the documents return to the originator and the approval process starts again. When the document is approved by all the assigned employees, it gets the status “approved”. Originator re-uploads it with changes made according to the comments received and the document can be used in company’s marketing and sales activities.

All document versions are stored within the system in a secure cloud-based environment and can be reviewed anytime.

2) Medical Enquiries Management

This module automates medical enquiries-specific data input and processing.

A user can create the answer from scratch by filling in a special enquiry response form. Besides, the module allows to set up a standard response template and format this template using WYSIWYG HTML editor, which greatly speeds up the process of responding in writing.

When the document is ready, the user initiates approval process, which is the similar to the Promotional Review System provides.

3) Events & Meetings Tracking

The third module allows to manage data related to company sponsored events. Dealing with event-specific documents, it offers to fill in a form, containing location details, list of guests, financial and sponsorship information, etc.

Reporting

Each module allows to conduct reports based on the data collected within it, for both, internal analysis and for meeting industry-specific pharmaceuticals business regulations compliance needs.

Order Management System for Packaging Manufacturer

Challenge: The client, a manufacturer of premium quality folding cartons, aimed to optimize the processes and operations so that the factory could manage the higher demand, smoothly plan works and satisfy the needs of customers.

Solution: Sibers team has developed a large, reach-featured custom enterprise management system. At the heart of it there is VMI (Vendor Management Inventory

System), which combined two applications: customer relationship app and inventory management app.

The system makes order management more transparent and convenient, giving both parties, the manufacturer and the customer, an access to 1) the customer’s planned quantity of folding cartons, and 2) the current state of production — how many packages are already made and are planned to. Thus, both parties are able to monitor and improve the situation.

There is a module for managing (creating, editing, sending) invoices, which also allows real-time modification of the invoice status. The module is meant to provide the manufacturer with all the necessary info on the invoice (when it was sent and weather it is already paid).

User management module puts it all together, simultaneously ensuring single-sign-on functionality to all the parts of the system and providing data for shipping, billing, invoicing, etc., accessible through different modules of the ERP.

The app also allows customers to design folding cartons layouts (choose a layout type and vary different parameters, such as length and width for different edges), and the staff — to review the order and to align the designed issues on a sheet of paper the most optimal way for printing.

Videoshop — First-rate Mobile Video Editor Image

Videoshop — First-rate Mobile Video Editor

Videoshop is a video editor featured in the Top-10 iTunes chart.

We managed to make an easy-to-use video editor but with complex functionality, beyond just cutting and combining clips. The app is fast and smooth even while dealing with high resolution videos.

Due to the iterative development working approach, Sibers team was able to start with basic video editing

functionality and then turn the app into an S-class application, with the first-rate features and intuitive interface.

Some key features:

• Music: Integrate favorite songs into video. Access and purchase music directly from iTunes store. Add sound effects from the library. Record voice-overs.

• Edit: Cut, crop, copy and reverse videos. Merge several clips into one, using different types of transitions. Adjust speed to create slow motion videos. Add filters, animated titles and subtitles.

• Photos: Create slideshows.

• Slow and Fast Motion by adjusting video speed.

• Stop Motion camera mode: Create Vine videos with stop motion recording.

• High resolution videos: Edit videos up to 720p.

• Share: Directly upload videos to Vine, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or send them by E-mail.

The app is available both on iOS and on Android devices.

Come visit the wesite https://videoshop.net/

There is also a wonderful promoting video for you to learn more about the app https://vimeo.com/115671059

IT Staff Augmentation and Optimization for Packaging Company

“They're dedicated to our efforts and we get updates on what they're working on every day.”

2014 - Ongoing

Sibers provides outsourced technical development services to a packaging company. Their latest projects include building a specialized e-commerce store and implementing Industry 4.0 Smart Factory capabilities.

Buffalo, New York
President & CEO, MOD-PAC

Sibers' work has been met with unanimous acclaim. The team has contributed towards a huge shift in productivity and has met the benchmarks for responsiveness. Customers can expect a diligent team that harnesses impressive technical talent.

I'm the president and CEO of a manufacturing and distribution company for paperboard packaging. We serve in the medical products, confectionery, and food markets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sibers?

We were looking for an off-shore development team to work closely with us. We've been doing a lot to transform our marketing and optimize operations. We face a lot of cost pressures and we're trying to get more agile and improve our speed to market.

Sibers provides all of our technical talent for our apps, since we don't have any internal developers.

We handle the requirements gathering, analysis, and design portions. A lot of our new apps that they've worked with us on are taking advantage of factory IOT machine data. All of our production equipment streams data and status information. We also can send job information into the equipment to reduce setup times and increase production efficiencies.

They do the programming and also provide the project management of that team. Around a year ago we started using one of their QA testers as well. We lean on them for their Microsoft expertise with .NET and Azure Cloud Services. We've adopted a Cloud First strategy and are doing a lot of serverless development now, leveraging Microsoft services including Cosmos DB and Analytics. It's been very quick and easy for our DevOps team to use those tools to come up with new applications and iterate as we develop.

Currently, one of our projects is capturing IoT machine data that streams from our production equipment. We are building data flows using software, sensors, and data analytics to run the factory more effectively and efficiently.

In another project, we're building an e-commerce store that supports our distributors and customers. It simplifies all kinds of order processing needs and also improves online artwork proofs, since a lot of our customers personalize our products and we want to show them that on the fly.

Our Sibers team includes three full-time developers, one QA tester, one project manager, and one customer relations manager.

How did you come to work with Sibers?

I found them on Upwork (formerly Elance) and found they had much better quality than other providers I had used in the past.

We've invested close to $1 million with them over the years.

We began working together in 2014, and our engagement is ongoing.

We buy a lot of production equipment from Switzerland and Germany, and all of it needs data flows to go into it, and they all generate data flows out. They've been very helpful in allowing us to adopt all of this new technology very quickly. While some of the results are because of the German and Swiss technology, with Sibers' help we've seen 200% productivity increases. We've been getting much more efficient with our investment in Smart Factory data flows.

How did Sibers perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Redmine to communicate with the development team. It's nice that they're on the other side of the world; we'll post things at night, and they'll be ready for us in the morning. They're dedicated to our efforts and we get updates on what they're working on every day.

The culture of the company is very strong. They are located in an academic town outside of Novosibirsk, Russia’s third-largest city, that hosts several scientific institutions and one of Russia’s top three universities - so there's a lot of great technical talent. Their project management and customer service have also been strong.

I've been very happy. At one point a year or two ago, some of the apps they were delivering weren't as polished as we wanted. That's when we added a QA tester to their team; now we don't have to test their work from a usability standpoint only from a business one. It's been a very helpful shift.

Like any development for customer software, it takes a lot of time and effort. We've been happy to consistently have our own resource for technical talent.

Custom Software Dev Projects for Online Compliance Platform

"We’ve had a wonderful relationship: I’d be lost without them."

2012 - Ongoing

Sibers provided outsourced, full-stack development for a cloud-based document-sharing product. They helped integrate frontend UI components and monitor the program's logic systems.

Sydney, Australia
Founder & Owner, Online Compliance Platform

Sibers has supplied excellent development skills for many years. They have a large and knowledgeable team of developers that build reliable products. Their design work and technical delivery are very impressive. Collaborative and communicative, their project management is excellent.

I’m the founder of an online compliance platform that focuses on delivering document management services to the pharmaceutical industry. We also provide a Windows tablet presentation solution with a fully integrated, cloud-based CMS.

The solution also contains an analytics stack that records all interactions during a presentation. It gives marketers a good understanding of how to utilize presentation content and revise their strategies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sibers?

I have no developers on-staff, so I use Sibers as an outsourced development partner. They’re instrumental in bringing my products to market. They also provide a support infrastructure.

I have a cloud-based PHP application with a Windows Metro frontend. In the early days, when iPads were popular, I had Sibers build an iOS application. They’ve also assisted in building other apps for the pharmaceutical industry.

In terms of role and involvement, I handle all the initial ideation, conceptualization, UX design, and UI prototype mockups. Sibers plays a pivotal role in terms of full-stack development by integrating the UI components on the frontend. They also add all the client-side logic and server-side logic on pages for whatever calls are made. All the database design and the server-side processes required to deliver my services are handled by Sibers.

I have complex approval flows and a proprietary engine that parses PDF content, and they’ve helped develop that code IP for me.

Sibers has a big team of developers, so my contacts vary from project to project. It’s a variable resource pool. I typically prefer to have the same developers on the project, but, as time marches on, I tend to pick some developers to stay indefinitely. I’ve had some changes, but the team has been relatively constant throughout the process.

Vadim (Project Manager, Sibers) has been there from day one, helping me design and build. I met with Yuriy (Founder, Sibers) in Singapore, during a business trip. I had another business trip to San Francisco, where I met my technical project manager.

How did you come to work with Sibers?

I always had several ideas I wanted to bring to market, but resources are cost-prohibitive in the Australian environment. We’re talking upwards of AUD $150 per hour ($104 USD) per seasoned developer. This made it very difficult when bootstrapping, so I started looking for offshore partners.

I have a background as a digital strategist and transformation specialist, so I understand the requirements to deliver these technical solutions. I hired Sibers because I was looking for someone who was able to do the last mile, and, in my case, it was all the development activity.

The project started in 2012 and is ongoing.

One of Sibers’ key strengths is that they’re quite technically-proficient. All the clients who were onboarded onto the platforms have stayed. There’s been zero attrition across the products. One customer has processed 58,170 documents through the system, with thousands of associates. Each job has a number of documents assigned to it—they’re currently getting close to 5,500 jobs processes through the system with 100% uptime. This is a testament to Sibers’ work.

We’ve had a wonderful relationship: I’d be lost without them. All the updates have been completed after hours since we are Sydney while they are based in Novosibirsk, Russia. When my workday finishes, I can start doing all the backups and preproduction planning. We do full backups, production rollout, and production verification testing. It’s all very structured and occurs with no business interruption. In seven years, the customers have had no business interruptions from the products due to Sibers' efficient design work.

They also take accountability for the end-to-end technical delivery. After I conceptualize a component, they will come back with several implementation options, and we can then decide collaboratively on the optimal solution. They’re really good at understanding the effort required for each implementation. They make recommendations, I make some decisions, and we can then implement those components.

How did Sibers perform from a project management standpoint?

The workflow is highly collaborative. We use Atlassian products, Confluence and Jira, from a briefing and document management perspective. We use an agile methodology to iterate through various sprints. The model employed by Sibers is actually quite empowering. They have a customer care representative for every account, which is designed to ensure the few issues we have are resolved on an ongoing basis.

They’re committed to a high degree of focus and attention to the customer. In addition to the customer care representative, they typically appoint a technical project manager, who’s typically got a really strong technical background.

There’s open, transparent communication between the team and myself. We’ve established a Skype group, and, if they have any questions, I can deal with them directly with the developers. Vadim is always in the background sprinkling insights across the conversation. He helps moderate and coordinate everything, and always comes up with sensible solutions.

Their responsiveness, communication, and thoroughness from project management and traceability standpoint are all impressive. For example, all of the comms are tracked on Basecamp, and I get a report from the project manager on a daily basis, without fail. It tells me what happened, what was developed, and what issues and constraints that need to be addressed.

Another thing I really like about Sibers is that they’re all highly qualified specialists that typically have multiple degrees. They’re smart, highly capable, and able to find a creative solution for any problem I throw at them.

I’m extremely satisfied with how Sibers works. The only friction point would be when a developer leaves. Because of the maturity of their organization and the level of documentation and diligence they have in terms of tracking everything, there’s typically a bit of a lag time when transitioning to a new developer. Everything is business as usual within a few weeks.

Just trust the process. Sibers has done this for many, many years, and they’re seasoned professionals. They will do right by the client, but the important thing is to make sure you get the requirements right. Sibers works on an iterative basis. If the client squirrels down the wrong rabbit hole in terms of making a wrong design decision, they will implement that. Sibers will counsel the client where required, but, if they haven’t got the right requirements, they could iterate things quite a number of times, and it can be cost-prohibitive.

Fortunately, I don’t have that issue, in the sense that I’m hyper-focused on developing clear and concise requirements for the developers. They get everything on a silver platter, including detailed functional specifications, marked up wireframes, and detailed user stories with acceptance criteria. Before we write a single line of code, they know exactly what the solution is doing and what it needs to do, which enables them to build properly.

However, even with fast-moving projects, Sibers excels. In one case we had to do parallel development on a three-week timeline. We had four concurrent developers on the job. Sibers will always tell me what resources are available. He knows exactly to what degree he can manage parallel development.