Turning Vision into Reality

Creating mobile apps and websites for eCommerce, Art Communities, Sports, Games, Finance, Social Media and other Online Services. Our apps stay on people's phones. Our websites are fast and modern. We love big projects but never shy away from bold startups.

Things are cheaper where we live that's why we charge less. We respect immovable deadlines that's why we work fast. We hate to let users down that's why we root for quality.

We study the goals of a business before we start and only work on the projects which we can help. Design is our strong suite but we never let it get out of hand – all our designs are practical. We write reusable code that anyone can edit further on but we like to stay and support our products after the launch.

Expertise:

- Mobile app development. For iPhone and Android. Scalable and compatible with the latest phone models.

- Web development. Modern and fast websites with mindful interface design.

- Experience design. Everything can work but delight has to be designed. We do that.

- Branding and illustration. Custom artworks that add friendliness.

Facts:

• Germany
  • Israel

Metro, CG Society, Altium, Cubebrush, Swyft

Fit for Bucks

This is an app that takes the steps you accumulate through the day and brings you to the local stores which accept those steps in exchange for their products and services. Yes, you pay with your steps. A unique business model of the app made the user flow design a challenge we are proud of.

360 mockups

360Mockups is an elaborate free-angle device mockup generator. We use our own single-source renders to create highly-detailed models of Apple devices, fit for various design tasks. On top of that, we make up to 340 views to choose from. Separate backgrounds and shadows, Ps and Sketch formats, 4096 px resolutions and all that jazz.

I'm in

I'm in Diary is a mobile app running as a social journal for fast and easy arrangement of events with friends. We did the I'm in app development for iOS and Android as well as the UX design.

Cubebrush

We’ve developed Cubebrush to work especially well for artists and students in the film, game, media and entertainment industries. Though, we believe Cubebrush can be massively useful regardless of the industry.

Arthur W. Page Society

The Arthur W. Page Society has been made to connect and strengthen corporate relations. Being the world’s leading professional association for senior public relations, it’s large user base of Chief Communications Officers of Fortune 500 corporations allows corporate executives and educators enrich their professional connections.

CGPLUS.COM

CGPLUS.COM is a social networking platform for professional digital artists. It is a place to share works, tips and tricks, tools and network with friends, search for jobs and more. We focus on artists in the entertainment industry, illustrators and sequential artists (comics).

OMGene

OMGene (http://www.omd.com) is an internal mobile application for a business enterprise created as an auxiliary communication and team-building platform. We designed UI and UX for OMGene, engineered the app's functionality, and provide ongoing support.

NPE

NPE is a mobile app for online parking space reserve, providing convenient parking experience as well as job opportunities. Our work with NPE was the app UI/UX design, development, and extensive testing.

Loan Ecosystem Online

Loan Ecosystem Online is a financial marketplace for institutions and family offices to discover Middle Market deals, find loans, process, and analize loan information. Perfect for institutional lenders, originators and syndicators, sponsors and borrowers involved in efficient and trustworthy market loan syndications.

My Movies

With our My Movies device sync you can enjoy your movie collection anywhere in the house. Whether on your laptop, mobile or even your Smart TV, My Movies helps you find that perfect movie for any occasion.

Vulcun

More than anything, we wanted to bring fantasy eSports to a new level. The whole process, through prototyping to design has been based around building a logically smooth user experience.

QA Testing & Dev for Software Firm

“Shakuro did and continues to do great work.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

July 2016 - Ongoing

Shakuro initially provided QA and R&D services. The scope of their work has expanded to include DevOps and dev engineering. The team handles production issues and sprints. This review was updated by Idan Feilhardt (VP, R&D, Novus.io) May 17, 2019.

Israel
Tal Gruenwald
CEO, Novus.io

They satisfied early requirements by discovering bugs and working independently. Since restructuring team coordination, Shakuro’s autonomous dev teams have performed better. Their R&D work constitutes a critical foundation for internal processes. They are a professional and cost-effective partner.

Novus.io is a part of Tenengroup, which is one of the largest e-commerce companies in Israel. We are the technology arm of the group, in charge of development and anything else related to the field.

I am the CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We had a big problem with recruiting quality developers and QA [quality assurance] resources in Israel. There is a lot of demand within the local market, and very few candidates. The salaries here are also very high, so the decision to outsource was based both on obtaining higher-quality members and on trying to reduce cost.

We use an Agile process and have two Scrum teams consisting of developers and QA specialists. We received assistance from Shakuro within both of our teams, one of which is in charge of developing the external products we're selling as an e-commerce platform. The other team is in charge of internal development for our existing systems. We recruited three QA resources and 4–5 developers from Shakuro's team. Each one was allocated to a team and worked together with us in a joint manner. We view them as an extension of our own group.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We went through a process of examining different software service providers. I went on several trips to Russia and Ukraine, visiting a number of companies, including Shakuro. One of the reasons for choosing them was the feeling of dedication, hard work, and experience that their personnel gave. I had had a previous positive experience working with one of Shakuro's founders, while he was working for another company. This fell in with other factors, like price, ease of recruitment, distance, time zone, and the educational opportunities offered by the universities in that area. Once I did the math, it became clear that Shakuro was a good choice for us.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The cost of Shakuro's work has been between $10,000 and $15,000.

We started working with Shakuro in July 2016. The collaboration is ongoing.

Because we work in Scrum, we keep several measurable units, like sprint velocity. The progress we were able to make was increased after working with Shakuro, but there are all kinds of other parameters, like the number of bugs found and the number of missed tasks. They've all improved, so we're quite happy with the results.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a project manager in Israel who is in charge of our work with Shakuro. Their team simply receives tasks and ensures that the development and testing are being done. In terms of operational management, we have frequent calls and meetings with our site manager from Shakuro. The communication is very good, with 2–3 meetings per week. We address any new issues, like the need to recruit additional employees. I'm very happy with our contact from Shakuro.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

The thing which brought me the most benefits is not having to work a lot for our collaboration with Shakuro. The team is managed by them in terms of human resources and other day-to-day affairs. Our agreement implies that we will know what we can expect from Shakuro, and they will keep track of what we need. The process runs smoothly, and I was never involved in details that didn't require my involvement. I am only notified about the most important issues.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

I can't think of anything. Whenever there was an issue, I talked about it with Shakuro's team and they resolved it immediately, or within a couple of days. For example, we had a problem with their video conferencing equipment, so Shakuro changed the microphones two days later.

Updated Review

This review was updated on May 17, 2019, by Idan Feilhardt (VP, R&D, Novus.io). The original ratings were: Overall – 4.5, Quality – 4.5, Schedule – 5, Cost – 4.5, NPS – 5. New content is below:

Can you give me a brief description of your company and your position there?

I’m the VP of R&D at Novus.io, a web services company. I lead the entire technical division. I’m updating this review for Tal (Former CEO, Novus.io), who I replaced two years ago.

What has the scope of their involvement been since 2017?

In 2017, we were pursuing a major project with Shakuro, and Tal oversaw our mixed team with them. We had team leaders in both Israel and Russia managing Shakuro’s developers in Russia, who provided QA & R&D. Unfortunately, the project failed, and we reduced our work with Shakuro and regrouped internally.

Since then, we have maintained our mixed team with Shakuro, but rather than spanning multiple geo-locations, we now have full-service, autonomous development teams in Russia. They deliver everything and fill in as needed. Our product team provides them with tasks, and they groom, plan, and kick off sprints. They also handle production issues.

The scope of our work together has expanded beyond traditional R&D to include dev engineering and DevOps.

How has the team composition changed since 2017?

We previously worked with around 7–10 Shakuro developers, and now we work with around twenty.

Tal said you spent between $10,000–$15,000 each month. Do you know how much additional money you’ve spent with Shakuro up to this point?

Our monthly costs have increased three- to fourfold. We spend between $35,000–$45,000 each month.

What has been the effect of Shakuro’s work since this new project began?

They have provided R&D that is the basis of everything we do, including rewriting our email system and creating product pages in our back-office system. We have also done unique in-house development work based on Shakuro’s efforts.

Are you happy with their work?

We are 100% satisfied.

How are their project management skills?

Once we moved to autonomous teams in Russia, things improved a lot. We still experience the challenges of working with an offshore team, but we’ve established an effective workflow. We communicate online via Slack, Skype, and other instant messaging solutions.

Why did you decide to continue working with Shakuro, instead of going with a different service provider?

Shakuro did and continues to do great work.

Is there anything else that Shakuro is particularly good at?

They’re great at recruiting talent, which has allowed us to grow relatively quickly. They are professional and offer reasonable prices, which is what anyone looks for in a long-term partner.

Is there anything they could do differently?

Their location causes some restrictions. Also, market demand changes; for example, it is easy to find a .NET developer but difficult to find one who specializes in Node.js. These are factors that Shakuro cannot control, but they’re worth considering.

Do you have any advice for future clients for how to best utilize the partnership?

As with all remote developers, be aware of the constraints that such a business relationship entails.

Mobile App Dev & Design for App Dev Company

"I’m happy that the quality of the apps is top-class. My clients are happy."

Aug. 2014 - Ongoing

Shakuro provided design and development services. They modernized existing designs and did the development and design of iOS and Android applications.

United Arab Emirates
Ramy Al-Kadhi
Founder, The Social Corporations

The projects that Shakuro has completed have had a positive outcome. The client that the app was made for will be rolling it out on a global scale. They are particularly happy that the apps have been high quality and that their clients are happy.

I’m the founder of The Social Corporations. We develop internal HR applications for corporations in order to bridge the gap between management and their employees. I’m also the co-founder of I’m in Diary, a social diary app that makes it easier to organize events with friends. Aquapps is another company that I’ve started. It is an experimentation company that allows me to make budget apps to learn the trade.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

The Social Corporations has a project called OMGene, which is the internal software for a media multinational called Omnicom. I started the project with another developer who wasn’t very good, so I had to look for a replacement.

Shakuro took our designs and modernized them, coming up with a base concept. The designs Shakuro came up with were approved very quickly by the client, so there was little back and forth. They did the development and design for the frontend for both iOS and Android. They also created the backend CMS [content management system] that powers the application. They set up our Flurry and customized it to analyze the app, using Ruby on Rails as a coding software. For the CMS, they used the existing white label CMS called Admin Panel.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found them when I was looking for someone to build a personal app. I used oDesk to post the ad and the founder contacted me via Skype. I liked him because he was serious and asked the right questions. You could tell they knew what they were talking about. I looked at their website and saw they had done professional work.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We spend between $50,000 to 200,000 per year on their services.

The work is ongoing.

The project had a positive outcome. The app was developed for a UAE company and they’re going to roll it out globally. Our client’s sister companies have taken an interest in the app and it has become a hot property in the Middle East.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

This is their weakest point because there is a communication gap sometimes. Sometimes, the answers are quite vague. I find that I have to follow up more, and I don’t get any daily reports of the status of the project. They are not able to meet deadlines because of the amount of QA they do. They want to make sure it’s perfect, but they don’t communicate that to me. Otherwise, their quality is outstanding in terms of functionality and the way they work.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I’m a startup, so we fostered good relationships on a personal level. It’s not really formal. I’m happy that the quality of the apps is top-class. My clients are happy.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

They have a unique business model, which is difficult. They charge per hour, so sometimes if I just need a quick mockup, they start quoting the hours. I tell them that I just need the mockup so I can approve 100 hours later on. They need to work on fixed rates. I’ve also noticed that they share project managers between different projects, so I think they’re trying to be lean because they’re a startup. They also need to keep me up to date on the deadlines.

Overall Score It’s been great. They’ve done great work and we’ve made lots of apps together that are really successful. It’s not a perfect score because of the issues I already mentioned.
    Shakuro may extend a deadline, but only for the quality of the product to ensure it’s properly tested and delivers a high class solution.
    Shakuro works on a per hour billing system that is fair and takes into account risk which absolves the potential for hidden costs.
    The quality of the apps, website, and design are world class. It’s not a perfect score because of the missed deadlines.
    I have already recommended them. They’re my trusted partner.

Ruby on Rails Development for Financial Marketplace

"Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that."

May 2015 - Ongoing

Shakuro provides Ruby on Rails and Angular development services to continue developing a preexisting design.

Founder, Financial Marketplace

They have accomplished the requirements behind the project. The work has received positive feedback for both the flow and design of the product. The agency appreciates Shakuro's top-notch communication and ability to hear what is needed and be able to deliver that.

The company is a financial marketplace founded in 2014. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed a team for development services.

They used Ruby on Rails and Angular. I had a team in the US start the design of the platform and then Shakuro was following that design.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found them about 10 years ago on a technology platform where they were featured for of one the sites they built. I had seen some of their code and had worked with them on another project. Shakuro is a close-knit organization, and their culture is good. The people are focused on accomplishing the task. The consistency of their code is really good.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We’ve spent around $500,000 with them.

The work is ongoing.

We’re establishing a disruptive marketplace that takes a long time. Financial markets are slow to adapt new technology. The adoption curve is not as it would be for a consumer application. The goal is to optimize the workflow for a specific application. Shakuro has done a great job at understanding the requirements. We have gotten positive feedback on the workflow and design. Shakuro has done great at interpreting the work from the US design team.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We have dedicated resources from Shakuro working on our project which is very helpful. We have a fulltime PM [project manager] to manage the team of 7. Without her, it would be difficult in terms of communication. She’s an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond by asking questions and making sure there’s a full understanding of every feature.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

Other outsourced teams have not understood the requirements, and the delivery is off target. Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

It would be good if Shakuro could extend their technologies beyond Rails and Angular. For most websites, it’s fine but it Shakuro wants to grow, it would benefit them to expand their technologies.

We’ve had scope creep, but that’s normal with any project. This was a complex project.
    It would be hard to find the quality of engineers that Shakuro has in the US, and they would cost 3 times more.
    It’s been great working with Shakuro.

Web Development for Management Consulting Firm

"I hope to be working with them 10 years from now."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Shakuro was hired to develop a .NET MVC stack and helped on a few other development projects as well.

Washington, DC
Senior Software Developer, Management Consulting Firm

The client is happy with the agency's ability to keep a fast pace in terms of making progress during sprints. They manage to keep the client up to date very well and consistently display their expertise in the field of web development.

I’m a senior software developer in .NET. I work in the commercial industry and am currently building a case management tool for managing security clearances. I’m also working on a federal contract with GSA to do a .NET MVC conversion from an older system. I also have 2 special needs boys who play special-needs hockey, and I came up with an idea about how to manage that.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed .NET MVC full stack development to help support a Portfolio Management project.

The database is SQL Server, and on top of that we have Entity 6 framework, and on top of that we have WCF, and on top of that MVC. They work at all levels. It’s a full stack implementation.

The site they did for my boys’ hockey team is more exciting for me. The site registers all the kids and then provides specialized reports. It keeps track of their attendance and the kids can then get credit for their community service in order to graduate from high school in our county.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found Shakuro through a friend who had used them to fix some coding that had been done by a different firm.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

In total, we’ve spent $40,000 on the hockey project and $80,000 on the Portfolio Management.

We began working with them on the Portfolio Management project in August 2015 and the project is ongoing. The project for the hockey team started in September 2014 and is still ongoing.

Everybody’s velocity is different, but we’ve done about 20 points a sprint. I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

When Alex is directly involved, it’s phenomenal. I get a weekly report. They suggested daily Scrum calls but that didn’t fit my style, so we don’t do that.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They’re supremely competent in what they do, plus they’re incredibly polite and thoughtful. We bonded very well, which helps to keep everybody motivated to do good work.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

Not really. I hope to be working with them 10 years from now.

Database Development for Contracting Firm

"They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Shakuro was hired to develop a database.

White Plains, New York
Francis Skehan
Owner, San Mateo Construction

The client has seen a promising increase in accuracy in clocking in and out which has amounted to a lot of money saved. They appreciate how available Shakuro has made itself even though there is a time difference.

I’m the owner and CEO of San Mateo Construction Corp., a subcontracting company dealing with contracts for a primary electric company in New York State. We also provide other subcontracting services such as security, outside securement construction, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We wanted to digitalize and automate processes because we were lagging behind in technology.

Shakuro helped with all aspects of the business such as payroll, administration, company tax, health benefits, and automating dispatching. Initially, I was looking to create a very basic database management system. They built the backend for the system. Shakuro used Ruby on Rails, Swift, Java, and SQL. They did the wireframes to show me a simplified way to solve our issues. For example, multiple users had to be able to access multiple time sheets.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I had a conversation with Alex and his team listened to what our needs were. After hearing their suggestions, we realized his company could offer us a complete package unlike anyone else could.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We have spent between $10,000 and $50,000 so far, but this amount will continue to grow.

The work is ongoing.

The quality of work was lightyears better than anyone out there. I can track every detail. We deal with another very large company and I’m making their jobs easier. Our system is better than what they have now. In the past, it was possible for people to fudge a time sheet a half hour. But now, we have a 99.87% efficiency of completing jobs, thanks to geolocation. We never had a statistic like that before and we are saving a lot of money with the system we now have. Shakuro has shown me more ways we can be efficient and they’re ready to help me with those projects when I’m ready.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was done the way we wanted and it was on time even when the deadline was tight. There is a time difference, but I have access to them 24/7. I use GitHub and they send me live updates.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money. They give suggestions for better solutions. If I have any issues, they’re handled quickly compared to other private freelancer programmers I’ve used. I don’t think I ever want anyone else because of the great quality and cost I get with them.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

The only challenging part was the time difference, but they made it work. There were a few hours in the afternoon that were the most challenging times. That being said, there were times they would help me in the middle of the night.

I received deliverables on time as long as I gave them the proper information and didn’t change anything at the last minute.
    Based on my experience with other developers, the price seemed better than anyone else.
    I have experience working with other programmers. I don’t know that Shakuro is the best of the best out there, but their team is the best that I’ve dealt with.
    I have already recommended them to others. Selfishly I don't want to share them but they do such great work.

CMS Development for Augmented Reality Company

"Shakuro engages with their customers to be sure they have a superior experience."

July 2016 - Sept. 2016

Shakuro was hired to develop a website.

Entrepreneur

Boston, Massachusetts
Alan Foster
CEO, Lore Media

The client hasn't received any sort of measurable results but is happy with the work Shakuro has completed as of yet. They really appreciated the agency's ability to communicate and clear dedication to making sure their client has a good experience.

Lore Media, Inc. works with augmented reality devices to take literature and move it into mixed reality medium. I am the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We wanted to construct our web presence. The platform allows users to upload their stories and literature so that it can be presented in virtual and augmented reality.

We used a pre-existing software called Discourse. There are very few developers who know how to manipulate this software because we wanted to turn it into a CMS that we could use for our content. There was a lot of collaboration between our teams. My goal was to provide them with as clear a picture of what we wanted as possible. They brought anything I had missed to my attention. They also did a helped us set up a temporary form for our landing page which they did free of charge.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We posted a job on Upwork, and we had a few people apply. After talking with Shakuro, we found they were definitely the most qualified out of 4 or 5 other companies that we spoke with. They had previous experience with the software, so that was a great start. Another thing they were very good at was communication.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The cost of the project so far is under $10,000.

The project has been postponed as of September, because of financial issues on our end. I plan to continue working with them in the future.

So far, we’ve been focusing on the functionality and making sure everything works correctly. We’ve been working with a new framework called three.js which is used for manipulating 3D objects in your web browser directly. Very few people know how to use it, and it’s been very impressive to see how well Shakuro adapts to different and complicated frameworks.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is great. I think there was one time that we had a delay in the project, but it was expected because we had changed the scope.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

A lot of the developers are based in Russia so time zones can be an issue. Once I got used to a schedule that worked for both of us, it worked out well.

Overall Score I’ve worked with 15 different freelancers, 5 of which were firms, and Shakuro was the best. It’s been wonderful.
    Anytime a deadline wasn’t met it was because of some surprise that both of us didn’t foresee but we came up with a solution.
    Because we have a limited budget, it was great to figure out what features we could have that would still help us accomplish what we needed to.
    They helped me to figure out what I wanted by collaborating with me.

Web Development for Online Marketplace

"They’re [Shakuro] meeting the deadlines and communication is clear."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Shakuro was hired to develop an eCommerce platform.

Orange County, California
Marc Brunet
CEO, Cubebrush

The client is seeing 80,000 users right now which has made them happy. They appreciate the casual partnership that the client and Shakuro have. Shakuro's team feels like it is a part of the client's team. Deadlines are met, and communication is clear.

Cubebrush is an online marketplace. We’re a little bit like Etsy but for digital content for the game industry. I am the CEO [Chief Executive Officer].

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed a team to develop everything. I had the idea but nothing else. I reached out to a couple of companies. Shakuro was the best case scenario. They had been in the business of game art for a long time. They were a really good option.

I came to them with a very vague idea of what I wanted in the end. The idea was to make an eCommerce platform where people could open their store and show their content. We went back and forth multiple times. They would suggest ideas and eventually solidify the idea. I had a lot of different images on my site that I sent them, and they improved. It was more of a collaboration with them than me telling them what to do. As far as how the platform was built, I got what I wanted. I knew that their team was using Ruby, which was something I wanted. That was one of the main things that I wanted my developers to do, and they were doing that already, so that was a plus.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

A big part of it was them previously having a very, very successful platform that all the artists in the industry used for their portfolio. Their name was out there and known. I contacted a bunch of others, and Shakuro offered the best price really. Their quote was unbeatable compared to the other companies.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We spent $300,000 to $400,000 in total over two years.

We’re working together now. We started towards the end of 2014. I think it was October.

The platform launched publicly in January 2016. We have about 80,000 users right now on the platform. It’s one of the big platforms in this industry where people can put all their content, so I guess it’s pretty successful from that standpoint.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

I wouldn’t be working with them if it wasn’t great. It’s been a very, very cool casual partnership that we’ve had. I’ve had the same guys working on my team since the beginning. It’s almost like they’re my employees, but they’re not. They’re [Shakuro] meeting the deadlines and communication is clear. I talk to them multiple times a day.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

In the beginning, I wasn’t as experienced as a team leader. There was a lot of technology that I wasn’t sure that we should use. I have no serious complaints.

Overall Score I’ve never been disappointed with them. The communication is always great. Whenever there is a small miscommunication, it gets fixed right away. There’s never any problems. It’s not something I have to cover for. It’s a solid firm.
    They have always delivered on time within the budget I give them.
    It’s probably 1/3 of what I would pay a firm based in the US. It allows me to raise money.
    I wouldn’t be with them a few years later if they weren’t really solid.

Web Development for Nonprofit Executive Society

"I’m confident that when they [Shakuro] hand something to me, I don’t have to check it in every browser. They write quality code."

Shakuro was hired to do design and development work. They also provided UX [user experience] services.

New York City, New York
Bobby Warren
Technology Manager, Arthur W. Page Society

The client has seen a 50% increase in member donations. They have received great feedback from members about the design of the website, and have seen a 60.53% increase in usage. The client really appreciated how much knowledge Shakuro had in coding.

Arthur Page Society is an international organization that represents the 300 Chief Communication Officers from the Fortune 300, and the 100 Chief Executive Officers of the 100 largest PR firms in the world. We sponsor research in PR and also provide thought leadership in that space. I lead our technology and website efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

Our website was previously on ExpressionEngine, which is predominantly used for blogs. It provided a public face for our organization as well as a member directory. We also have a separate donor database which we use to manage donations and other finances. We were looking for a way to combine the website functionality with the donor database.

We took a branding study we had done and gave that to Shakuro. They were able to develop design concepts which we presented to our executive committee, and they selected the overall look and feel for the website. They also worked with Shakuro to help provide the UX. It was very collaborative. It was us and Shakuro working together to get the UX right, but everything largely was done by Shakuro.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

One of our members had loaned us a UX designer that works with them. She was on our team and she helped us with the UX.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The project was $200,000.

We’re still working with them. We started working them in 2014.

The one big thing we’ve seen as a vote of confidence is that we’ve seen a 50% increase in our member donations for our technology. We allow our members to donate to specific endeavors. Traffic has been really successful. We didn’t realize how bad our old site was until we saw the numbers for uptake on the new site. We saw a 60.53% increase in usage after we updated. The new site has a much better member directory, is mobile enhanced, and it’s really easy to search for members. We’ve gotten all kinds of praise from our members. They’ve all been complimentary of the website.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We couldn’t do it without them. Yulia is the person we work with. She is amazing. I’m in charge of managing the project on our side. If it had been left to me, this project wouldn’t have launched. She’s been the backbone for everything. She keeps us on schedule and makes sure that we have our deliverables sent to her when we need to.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I’ve worked in technology before working with my current organization. I know good code and I know bad code. Shakuro browser tests across all platforms. I’m confident that when they hand something to me, I don’t have to check it in every browser. They write quality code. I can’t say enough about their quality of their development. It’s really good code.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

No. I’d say that if I were going to launch a startup, they would be the first people I’d hire. They’re very precise and careful on their communication. They keep their projects on time, tell you no when they need to, are very accurate, and just a good group of people to work with.

Overall Score They’re the best.
    They hit their deadlines. There were times I really wanted something and they told me that it was not possible. They’ve never lied to me. They never promise me things they can’t deliver. That’s huge.
    Our website would have been a $1.2 million website if we had been sourcing it locally.
    I can trust their deliverables. When they say it’s finished, it’s finished. I can confidently present it to my boss and not worry that I’m giving him something that he’s going to catch problems on.
    I already have.