Your data belongs here.

ServerCentral is a managed data center services provider based in Chicago, IL. We host and manage cloud, colocation, and network infrastructure for startups and Fortune 500s all over the world.

2000

• Standard Parking Plus Corporation
  • New Relic
  • ABN AMRO

Web Hosting Services for Software Company

“I have very few vendors that I have no complaints about. They’re definitely one of them.”

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

ServerCentral hosts both the primary and disaster recovery server locations (including hardware and other equipment) and maintains a high-speed data link between them.

Chicago Metro Area
IT Director, Marketing Software Firm

Continuity of contacts, consistent communication, and more-than-competitive cost lift them high above the rest. An impeccable reliability record and a willingness to go beyond what’s expected underscore their value monetarily and logistically.

I am the director for corporate IT for a digital marketing agency. We focus on customer acquisition for large corporate entities across a number of different verticals. I manage our help desk and end-user computing devices, as well as our network engineering, data center operations, and security programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with ServerCentral?

Our previous hosting companies were less than optimal. We worked with global companies whose patchy response times and constant rotation of account managers slowed us down. We wanted a nimble company that could pay more attention to our account.

Principally, it’s a hosting arrangement. They provide the cabinets, rack space, power, and security. We manage our own servers, data, and operating systems, but they have the capacity to perform those services, too.

Our primary location with them is in the Chicago suburbs, and we have a disaster recovery location downtown. They run a high-speed data link between those sites to allow for replication to the disaster recovery location.

I have a variety of contacts across the company, but I usually work with a dedicated account rep. I’ve had three principal contacts since we opened the account, but also communicate with members of their data center operations group. I interface regularly with a couple of their data center managers, and we’ve coordinated moving servers between facilities with some other staffers.

How did you come to work with ServerCentral?

I don't remember how we originally found them, but they've suited our needs from the beginning.

As a rough estimate, we’ve spent around $120,000.

We’ve worked with them in our disaster recovery location for about five or six years, and we moved into their suburban location around March 2016.

Facility uptime is 100%. We have a lot of internal monitoring systems, and none of them have detected any problems.

When we moved from our other data center with another vendor, we realized late how many moving parts (literally and figuratively) were involved. My staff powered down at the old location on a Friday night, and asked them to manage the physical part of the move. It took them less than six hours to relocate all of our equipment and reconnect us.

Earlier in our contract, we were replicating data over a site-to-site VPN [Virtual Private Network], but it became too slow as the flow of data increased. We earmarked a budget for a dedicated line between the two facilities, and approached ServerCentral to see if they had a relationship with any standard telecommunications providers. They offered to handle the traffic themselves for one-third of the budget we approved.

How did ServerCentral perform from a project management standpoint?

They consistently provide better service and communication than any of our other hosting relationships. Our reasons for switching to them are still valid today, and they regularly exceed my expectations.

I've never had an issue with communication or billing with ServerCentral as I often have with other hosting services. We’ve developed personal relationships on multiple levels of the company, so if a problem ever arises and my dedicated rep is out of town, I can call a number of people for help. As I mentioned, I’ve had only three account reps with them, and I appreciate that kind of continuity.

I needed to collect a server we took out of operation a few weeks ago. I had trouble finding parking, so I called their operations center. The representative went to my cage, retrieved the server, and met me at their backdoor to save me time and trouble.

Recently, I had a meeting with them to discuss some services they’ve added, but I didn’t have any recommendations.

Overall Score I have very few vendors that I have no complaints about. They’re definitely one of them.
    They cross-connected our two locations for one-third of the allocated budget.
    They go above and beyond, and are quick to respond to requests.
    I just recommended them to a colleague a few weeks ago.