SECL Group

SECL Group was founded in 2005 in Ukraine.

Kiev, Ukraine

Programming & scripting
Ecommerce systems
Application platform

Reconfiguration of e-Commerce Site

"They are pleasant to work with and know the basics of web design."

June 2017 - Ongoing

SECL Group redesigned a furniture and lighting e-commerce site to improve functionality. The team edited the site’s primary and secondary pages to be more user-friendly and informative.

New York Metro Area
Founder, Furniture Company

The website has not yet been launched, but SECL has extensively edited and improved the content of the original website. The team is communicative and easy to work with overall. They could do more to provide suggestions and ideas for further development and improvement.

I am the president of a company that specializes in B2B furniture and lighting sales, mostly to architects, designers, and contractors. We have one full-time employee and a few part-time ones.

What challenge were you trying to address with SECL Group?

I was looking for a website developer after having had some challenges with my original one.

SECL Group is redesigning and editing our website. They are focusing specifically on its functionality, homepage, and secondary pages. I am not tech-savvy, so I don’t know what technologies they are using.

I have two main contacts: the SECL’s president, with whom I discuss the general scope of the work, and the person in charge of web edits and design, who is my day-to-day contact. We have conference calls once every two weeks, and those typically involve my two contacts and a couple of other developers. We usually have Skype sessions or video calls, since SECL Group is based in Ukraine.

How did you come to work with SECL Group?

My original web manager used them. I didn’t look at any other companies.

I’ve spent about $7,500 with them so far.

We started working with SECL Group in June 2017. The project is ongoing.

We had to delay our launch, but are getting close to the soft launch. Once we have, I will have more metrics.

The original website was in operation for a very short time, after which we had some security issues. It also needed some extensive edits. SECL Group has done those, and now we’re waiting for the site to be fully-functional and transactional.

How did SECL Group perform from a project management standpoint?

I am happy with the overall level of communication. The team speaks English, but since it’s not their native language, it can be a barrier. Overall, they are pleasant to work with and know the basics of web design. I don’t yet know how experienced SECL Group is overall. In the next month or two, when we get into the more advanced stages of the launch and web development, I will be able to provide more details.

They are easy to work with.

It would be more effective if they were to proactively evaluate their client’s website and communicate suggestions for improvement based on the goals. This will be one of the things I’ll discuss with them—what they can recommend as next steps.