Fuelling Happiness

SayOne is a fast growing Information Technology and Digital services company headquartered in India. We help our clients to become future ready by harnessing the power of new and emerging technologies. SayOne has delivered over 300+ projects to 75+ Start-ups and SMEs from North America, EU, Australia and the Middle East.

With development centers in India and local presence in the US, we have over 70 dedicated employees committed to solving our clients' greatest challenges through innovative technology and digital solutions.

What makes SayOne unique is our unflinching focus on new and emerging opportunities like Analytics, AI & ML, and Blockchain. Our inherent ability to navigate through the ever disruptive tech world helps us to serve our clients better.

Our verified Divio and Scrapy partnership, coupled with the deep industry expertise and customer-centric approach, have been largely appreciated among the client community.

Our six years of expertise in the industry has made us all poised to scale further - To fuel success for our clients and happiness for our stakeholders.

Our Services include:

1. Digital Transformation

2. Application Development

3. Big Data Analytics

4. Cloud

5. Security

Kochi, India
  • Unit No. 503, 5th floor, World Trade Center, Infopark.
    Kochi, KL 682030
  • 1335 Main St. Suite 108
    St. Helena, CA 94574

Myvinotype, EarthmilesUK, VineTrail, Protein for pets, Kliko Albania, Twitching, Initiuminc, Datafloq, Fiz, Beco, Beyond Pink

Web and Application Development for Nonprofit Organization

“They’ve got a legitimate team of developers who are service oriented and responsive.”

Aug. 2013 - Ongoing

SayOne developed a website to facilitate donations, e-commerce, and management of a non-profit organization. The project involved frontend development on Django and integration with the API on the backend.

San Francisco Bay Area
Marketing Director, Nonprofit Organization

SayOne has a solid understanding of both Django and Python through which they deliver high-quality solutions. The team is innovative and strives to employ the latest technologies in every task. Their excellent performance earned them another contract which they are currently developing.

Please provide a description of your company.

We’re a local nonprofit organization in the Napa Valley. We do a number of things to promote and protect the legacy of Napa Valley. Our primary objective, at the moment, is to construct a 47-mile hike and bike trail up and down Napa Valley that people can use as an alternative form of transportation that’s both healthy and safe.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the marketing chair.

What was your goal for working with SayOne Technologies?

I needed them to develop a new website that’s tightly integrated with a constituent management platform. It ties an API [application programming interface] from our front-end user experience to the back-end, which makes donation management, e-commerce, volunteer management, and things of that nature a lot easier.

SayOne essentially wrote the code to create a front end on the Django platform and then tied it into the API on the back-end, which is on the Neon platform. Separate of that, we’ve contracted with SayOne to build a mobile app, which will be on iOS as well and Android and will bring the experience of our asphalt trail to life.

What was your process for selecting SayOne Technologies with which to work?

I had a local developer here in San Francisco who was using them and, to be honest, he was getting in the way. I ended up firing him and going straight to the folks at SayOne. I worked with them on multiple projects, from Web and mobile development to reporting analytics.

My projects are typically in the $5,000 to $25,000 range.

When did the relationship with SayOne Technologies begin?

We started working together around August 2013.

Can you talk about the results of the project and how you feel they performed in terms of the quality of their work?

The two core platforms we built on have been Django, so I feel like they have a good understanding of the core architecture there and the available plug-ins, including Python [programming language].

They’re very innovative and progressive in terms of being on the front end of what’s next and not using old technologies, which is one of the reasons I feel very comfortable using them no matter what the project is. They’re constantly learning and looking around the corner for what’s next.

The team they have is also very legitimate and professional in the way they approach a project. They’ll put together a term sheet with deliverables, and we’ll agree on benchmarks upfront. They’re very fair in terms of payment, and will literally wait until they’re done with the job before sending an invoice. Sometimes, I have to beg them for an invoice.

I feel like they’ve been very responsive. I’ve worked with a lot of overseas developers before, and there’s been an issue with accountability. I’ll send out a request, and I won’t hear from them for a week. SayOne has been great to work with because they’re responsive. They’ve got a legitimate team of developers who are service oriented and responsive.

Also, sometimes there’s a real language barrier when working with people overseas. With SayOne, I know that English isn’t their first language, but when I need to hop on a Skype call, we can talk and there’s no language barrier. I can communicate with them easily. They have a good Western sensibility to them, so they’re in touch with design elements and styles. It doesn’t take as much work with them as it could with other developers.

We sometimes had issues with the time difference. There’s always a lapse whenever I want to reach out to them.

Django Development for Entertainment Broadcasting Company

“They can probably build anything.”

SayOne develops various IT solutions for a broadcasting company. The project is ongoing and involves coding in Django and performing numerous backend tasks.

Tim Airamo
CEO, MMI Broadcasting

SayOne delivers high-quality, scalable products within deadlines. The team is highly responsive and remains on standby around the clock for troubleshooting and addressing issues. Furthermore, their ability to work with a wide variety of technologies qualifies them for most endeavors.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I run a media company that works in the digital space, offering technology solutions to businesses and other organizations.

I’m the CEO of the company.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were trying to address when you first approached SayOne Technologies?

I’ve used a number of different developers and agencies for various projects. At the time I hired them, I needed an agency that was experienced in Django and the corresponding technologies. We didn’t have as much experience with Python and Django, so we knew we wanted a company that could offer a more nuanced and experienced eye.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

We have projects involving Bootstrap, iOS, Android, Django, server-related stuff, Java, API [application programming interface] development, and some more basic things. I’ve given them a range of tasks in this space, and they turned out to be great in Django and some other lightweight back-end stuff. They’re pretty brilliant in that area, and that’s where I concentrate their resources.

How did you come to choose SayOne Technologies as your partner?

I generally find my developers through freelance platforms like Elance or oDesk. We started with a freelance project, which turned out to be great. I then added more responsibilities on another project and gave it to them. They performed very well, so I decided to keep them as our development partner

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this particular engagement?

It was between $30,000 and $40,000.

Do you maintain an ongoing relationship with them?

Yes. We are now working on a contract basis, and we have several upcoming projects.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

We have a different kind of process. It’s not standard where we just get the scope and they develop and deliver, and then the job is done. I deliberately made the decision that we’re not building this business on one goal. We’re basically building individual components that can be put together and become a bigger unit. With that perspective, I think the biggest measurement is that everything works and everything scales, and that’s good news. If something doesn’t work, I can reach those guys throughout the day, and we can troubleshoot. I’ve never had an issue with poor quality in any of their deliverables, which is great.

When working with SayOne Technologies, is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

I’ve tried several different developers before, and it’s very common for an offer developer to want a specific scope to work on, then they deliver to those specifications. With SayOne, we’ve created almost an in-house environment, where we work together on various components or prototypes. If they run into a roadblock, they have no problem letting me know that they don’t know how to do something. That’s very unusual, though, and it takes considerable courage. In my book, that’s worth the money. In today’s world, technologies change so fast, and we need to figure out how to work with them. They are open, and they have good communication in this area. These guys can execute. They can probably build anything.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

In general, regardless of the developer, there’s a lack of translation and communication. With SayOne or anyone you work with, if you can’t manage the project yourself, it can usually end up badly. I always wish these developers had it in them to stay on point for the duration of an engagement, but that doesn’t seem to be how many of them operate.

What advice, if any, would you give a future client before approaching SayOne Technologies with a new project?

Outside of what I mentioned before about project management, I would say that if you have an open mind, you can basically do anything with these guys. They’re very competent and professional.

They did much better than I did. I don’t really push them in this area because I’d rather keep a good working relationship with them.
    I would definitely recommend them to someone who has experience in the technology space.

Custom Python Development and iOS Development Boutique IT Firm

“Those guys are very entrepreneurial, so they’re always trying to do things better or look at things differently.”

SayOne is collaborating on ongoing programming endeavors. The project involves mobile development, native iOS development, and coding in Python.

San Francisco Bay Area
Senior iOS Engineer, Boutique IT Firm

The team consistently provides high-quality solutions within deadlines. Their capacity to research and learn new technologies has received positive comments. Furthermore, the team is recognized for their ability to quickly capture the requirements of each task.

Could you describe your organization?

I run a consulting firm, which gets various IT [information technology] and other digital contracts, and I get that work done using SayOne Technologies as my dedicated development partner.

I’m a senior iOS engineer.

I had tried using other companies based in India before, and that didn’t pan out too well. After switching to these guys, they have been consistent in what they deliver, and they keep up with the deadlines that I set. Whenever I give them a time constraint, they follow that in the sense that they would put hours in on the weekend just to get my things done. That’s why they’ve remained my development partner. I needed someone with great technical competence and true reliability.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

I’ve been using them to do all of my hardcore custom programming. Most of it has been mobile- and Web-based. I also got them to do some serious native development on iOS for me, and that worked out very well. I handle the design, testing, and quality assurance on my own.

How did you come to choose SayOne Technologies as your partner?

I had done some fairly extensive research on outsourcing companies. Like I said, I’ve worked with two other companies previously that didn’t work out too well. I wanted to do my best to avoid a similar experience. I reached out and talked to these guys, and they seemed to be pretty confident in what they’re doing. I gave them a few trial projects to start with – nothing major – and that worked out. It’s been an ongoing thing ever since, so I’ve been using them for more than a year now.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this particular engagement?

It was from $50,000 to $60,000.

When is this engagement scheduled for completion?

It’s actually an ongoing thing, so my project does not end. It’s a very long-term engagement. I have several other development projects in my pipeline that I’ll need their support with, so I don’t foresee ending the relationship anytime soon.

In terms of results, could you please share any statistics, metrics, and user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

I’ve had my ace engineers out here who work heavily with Python but, obviously, the cost is very different. They have reviewed the code delivered by SayOne, and they don’t have any complaints or anything about it, so that’s good enough for me. I’m satisfied with them from a project management perspective, too. It’s pretty much hands-off for me. I send them an email with instructions, and they send daily progress reports on what they’re doing and when it’s expected to be finished. If I have questions or feedback on anything that they send to me, I can reach out to them and they’re pretty responsive. I’ve had no real issues with them.

Those guys are very entrepreneurial, so they’re always trying to do things better or look at things differently. That’s what I like most about them. Instead of being blindfolded on certain technologies, they’re open to learning new ideas or new technologies. They’ve been very flexible in that respect.

What advice, if any, would you give to a future client of theirs before approaching SayOne Technologies with a project?

I think they should define what they want to do in very concrete terms. An open-ended project is hard to define and even harder to manage because there are no real parameters to remain within. I’ve had that issue before, but not with them. Your requirements should be fully fleshed out. You should know exactly what you want to get out of them, and then they can deliver.