Nationally Top-Rated Web Design

Gold

We build custom WordPress websites that are responsive, clean, modern, and user focused. A web design project is broken up into four phases - strategy, design, development, and training. At Sayenko Design, our web design workflow typically follows a set series of processes:

1. Defined Business Objective  2. Persona Development  3. Conversion Goal Identification 4. Messaging Development 5. Value Proposition  6. Wireframing  7. UI/ UX design 8. Web Development 9. SEO Implementation

Bellevue, WA
  • 1424 148th ave SE
    Bellevue, WA 98007
  • 11335 NE 122nd Suite 105
    Kirkland, WA 98034
  • 102, 17750 56 Ave #505
    Surrey, BC V3S 1

LinkedIn, Boys & Girls Club of King County, Brooks Running, Invention Development Fund at Intellectual Ventures, University of Washington, Bellevue College, and many more.

Nonprofit - Strategy, Design & WordPress Development

B2B/ B2C - Strategy, Design & WordPress Development

B2C – Strategy, Design & WordPress Development

Nonprofit – Strategy, Design & WordPress Development

America’s Foundation for Chess

User Focused Strategy & Web Design

Strategy, Design & WooCommerce Development

Web Design for Care Package Startup

"I really liked that they were local, available, and that they're a small business."

Aug. - Nov. 2016

Sayenko Design created a WordPress site with e-commerce functionality to serve as an additional marketplace for the client, a food care package startup.

Owner, Care Package Startup

The site's design works well and there have been very few bugs. The client liked the personal touch and level of attention from Sayenko's team, though clarity in pricing is an area for improvement.

I’m the president of a company that sells care packages containing food products on the Internet. We mostly sell on Amazon as a third-party seller.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We wanted a website built for a new product line. Before Sayenko Design designed and built our e-commerce website, Amazon was the main way we sold our products.

We hired Sayenko Design to create our WordPress site because we wanted an additional external marketplace for purchases. We also wanted to increase our marketing and visibility to customers. After the site was launched, they helped troubleshoot issues with payments and orders so that everything ran smoothly. Sayenko Design also did a marketing review. We’re still paying them to host the site and provide some minor monthly maintenance support and updates.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I originally had reached out to 5 or 6 different web companies in the Seattle area, and Sayenko Design was one of them. I contacted some of his former clients and altogether he just seemed like the best option. He owns the company and he seemed like he was available, and I like working with people who are available. At the time, he seemed to be the best option for us.

How much have you invested with Sayenko Design?

We’ve paid around $20,000 for their services.

We started working together about 3 months before we launched the site, which was around the end of November. It was done by then or the most part, but there were definitely some kinks we had to work out a week or 2 after that.

It’s hard to quantify. Our customers haven’t had many issues with ordering, so in that sense, the site is effective at doing what it’s supposed to do. The design also works really well. I’ve had friends and family check out the website and they like it and think it works.

The traffic has been disappointing, but I wouldn't blame Sayenko Design for that. It’s probably more because of the reality of how people shop online. We do a lot of business on Amazon, and we thought we would be able to do well on our own website. I think SEO and marketing just need to be ramped up.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They did fine from a project management standpoint. Communication was tough sometimes, but overall I think they’re pretty responsive, especially the last week before the website launched. They definitely stepped up that week and worked really hard to make sure we got everything done. We mostly communicated via email, but there were a few phone calls and online conferences. There were a couple of different stages of the project where he was coming up with a lot of ideas and did a lot of the design work on his own. Toward the end, we were collaborating a lot to complete the finishing touches. Most of the work was done between Mike and a partner who’s more of a WordPress professional.

What did you find most impressive about Sayenko Design?

I really liked that they were local, available, and that they're a small business. I’m a small business, so I appreciate that. A lot of the web firms around Seattle are big multi-million dollar firms, but I like to work with smaller companies, so that was nice.

Are there any areas Sayenko Design could improve?

About midway through the process, I was a little worried the website wouldn't be done in time because he left for a vacation a week or 2 before we were supposed to launch the website. That being said, he did kick it into high gear when he got back and he met the deadline in the long run. But I had no idea he was going to do that. Sometimes when companies disappear on you, they don't come back.

WordPress Development for Federal IT Consultant

"[T]hey have a great way of walking people through a project."

May - Sept. 2015

Sayenko Design developed a simple, fixed-page WordPress website and designed PDF brochures for the client. They also provide hosting services.

Washington, DC
Richard Oestreich
Owner, Blackspoke

The client is extremely pleased with the final product and is grateful that Sayenko implemented their idea with little pushback. Aside from a minor hosting issue, there have been no problems.

I’m the owner and president of Blackspoke, a government contracting company. We are primarily IT consultants for the federal government.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We were trying to establish credibility by having a professional web presence for our company. We wanted a static one-page presence.

It was pretty straightforward. Sayenko did a WordPress template-based website design. It incorporated some custom photography that a local photographer did of the actual employees and myself. They did some PDF brochure design as well. It's a non-interactive static site that just provides information about the company. They did most of the technical implementation. I had a pretty well-formed idea of how I wanted it to look and the sites that I liked. We wrote all the content ourselves as it would have been challenging for someone else to write our content. Sayenko did do a little bit of tech editing and content editing, but that's about it.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I did a web search. We found a company that was a little too expensive for what we wanted because we didn't want anything too advanced. Fortunately, that company recommended Sayenko Design. I don't know if it's changed, but at that time they were taking on slightly smaller engagements like our website .

How much have you invested with Sayenko Design?

We probably spent around $10,000 on the website.

We worked with Sayenko Design from May 2015 to August or September 2015. We pay them a monthly fee for hosting as well as updates to WordPress. We haven't had the need to do any updates but if we do, we have discussed a ballpark figure for it.

They did a great job. It's a great site with fixed pages, exactly what we wanted. We've had a lot of compliments on the site and it’s been well-received. I don't have any objective measure of how successful it's been. I'm very happy with the finished project.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We're on the East Coast and they're on the West Coast, so we primarily used email for communicating everything and that was fine. We're a relatively small company and I took this project on directly as the owner. There wasn't a lot of bureaucracy on our side and I interfaced pretty much directly with Mike. It was easy to coordinate things because, at the time, both of us were relatively small companies.

What did you find most impressive about Sayenko Design?

I think they were good. I know that they have a great way of walking people through a project. I'm probably a different use case because I had a really well-thought out idea of what I wanted. The one thing I will say is Mike did a really good job of implementing my vision, which is not always easy to do for people who have their own ideas and are good at their particular job. Sometimes it means saying, “I wouldn't do it that way but you're the customer.” He did a really good job of doing some things that weren't his. He would make recommendations about things. I appreciated their flexibility in implementing someone else's vision that's not necessarily what they would have chosen to do. It turned out well.

Are there any areas Sayenko Design could improve?

They went through some struggles with their hosting provider that has since been resolved. We had a couple of issues with the site going down due to denial-of-service attacks, someone maliciously doing something so the provider shut down access to the site. That happened 6 or 8 months ago but it hasn't happened since. I know right around that time they switched to a new hosting provider, cloud provider. It's been resolved and I wouldn't necessarily consider it their issue anyway. Granted, they chose the provider. but it wasn't anything they could directly control.

They were great. If there were ever any problems, it was generally on our side.
    They offered the lowest price of the people we met with.
    The only deliverable we held them to was the website and we're very happy with it.
    We're happy with everything so far.

Web Design for Life Coaching Company

"Sayenko Design knows what works. They provided more value than what we requested."

July - Sept. 2015

Sayenko Design built a WordPress website, designed a logo, ran an email campaign, and created a blog that integrates with the client's social media accounts.

Wayne Johnson
Rise Champion

Sayenko Design was detailed oriented, creative, and engaging. The client is receiving leads from the site and is impressed with the cutting-edge designs that were produced.

My wife and I are independent distributors for a company called AdvoCare. We have one of the largest distributorships in the country for the company. We train people to use our products, lifestyle supplement packages, and systems. We develop business and build up distribution for the company as well. Those are the 2 facets of our company.

Our personal brand is Rise Champions. We have our website RiseChampions.com that coaches people about our business or our products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We feel like when we’re face to face with people, we generally get the business that we want. We wanted our website to bring our personality to life in a video form. The website should show what it’s like to meet us and hear our story firsthand.

Sayenko Design did a branding overhaul for our Rise Champions brand. They worked on the logo as well as a simple layout for the page that made people curious about us. People who go to the site would hear stories, see testimonials, and connect with us. They did everything that goes into a 5-page website, which was built on WordPress. Sayenko also set up a blog where we could post articles and things. That blog is connected to Facebook and Twitter. They also set up an email campaign for people who want coaching on our products. We can gather their information, send them a customized program, and follow up with them appropriately.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I met him at a business networking event. He was a guest of someone else that I knew in the group. It was someone that knew him personally, so that helped. Then I went to his site and looked at the work he did for branding. We liked his designs and everything about the style that he created for people. That’s what originally attracted us.

How much have you invested with Sayenko Design?

We paid $8,000 for Sayenko Design’s services.

The project started in July 2015 and was completed in September 2015.

Sayenko understood what we were trying to do with the site. They nailed that first-person experience that we wanted so that visitors feel as if they are just sitting down with us. We intentionally did not try to do a lot of SEO and web search because our business is more relational. The site is intended as an introduction for people who’ve met us in person. Those people can go to the site and see our story and who we’re already working with. It’s allowed a lot of them to say, “Hey, here’s the people that’ve helped me. Go check out their story. We’re excited to see how they can help you, too.”

There was a wow factor and a lot of people were jealous of the site that we created. Actually, I’ve seen a lot of people copycat some of what we’ve done. People in our business have tried to emulate it. To quantify, we have 100 leads every month that come to the site, and we convert 10 of them into paying customers. We don’t really track that. We’re really happy with the results that we’ve had. We’ve considered cranking up our advertising a little bit, but honestly, business is good. We have a lot of clients already. We know that we could turn it on if we need to, but so far we haven’t had to turn that on.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very organized. I could see his calendar and he would call me exactly when he told me he was going to call. He was definitely disciplined about getting back to us. They were always super responsive. Whenever we consulted them, they gave us good advice. It was nice that they were truthful about things, too. “We shouldn’t do that,” or “Yeah, we can do that.” They listened and tried to really understand our business. It felt like we were able to bounce things off because we have a unique business.

They were also very detail-oriented when describing how to get more traffic and things like that. Almost too detailed for me, which is good because that’s not my strength. We received robust documents about strategy and comparisons to other sites and competitors. I also got a lot of takeaway about search optimization. The information they gave would really help us do more things with our site, should be want to be able to do that. A year later, they were even able to resend the documents that I lost in my email. They’ve definitely got it dialed in and really did things differently. I’ve worked in technology before and ran projects, so I’ve seen the good and the bad of project management. Sayenko definitely handled it well.

What did you find most impressive about Sayenko Design?

I was impressed by the cutting-edge design and the clean look. It’s different from what a lot of people are putting out there, and it’s pretty relevant and hip. Sayenko Design knows what works. They provided more value than what we requested. It was more than the basic, “Design me a website.” More than a year later, they still responded to my inquiries. When I have questions or different thing come up, they’ll still take my call and discuss things. The best part is they didn’t charge me for it. If I were going to do add things, I would expect to be billed for it. But they’ve definitely responded and helped answer questions along the way. In my 14 years in business, I’ve probably had my website done about 8 different times. I haven’t had anyone do it this thorough with as much documentation, support, and professionalism. They definitely worked way beyond, and that’s what I was most impressed with.

None.

They’re not extremely expensive, but you get what you pay for. I feel like I got great value for what we paid.
    I feel they over-delivered on quality, design, and documentation.
    I’ve referred them to several people who've asked about our site.

Digital Strategy for Client of Creative Agency

"Sayenko Design was easy to work with. They were responsive, and they came through when we were trying to push something out very quickly."

Aug. 2015 - Aug. 2016

Sayenko Design was hired to develop a WordPress website for a customer of the client. They provided hosting and security services and managed the client's digital marketing activities.

Sole Proprietor

Alyssa Moore
Owner, Eko Creative

The new website was well received by the client and helped make internal operations more efficient. Sayenko Design was very professional throughout the engagement and their knowledge of AdWords was top notch.

I am the owner of Eko Creative. We provide marketing services for other companies and clients. Our client was the Invention Development Fund. Their business allows clients to access inventors and work with them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

Our client's biggest goal was the ability edit this new site themselves. They had to contact an IT [information technology] person when they needed to edit things in their previous website.

Part of the reason we went with Sayenko Design is because it offered a more holistic program. That included a marketing perspective on the voice of the website. I had already done a lot of work with my client in terms of what we wanted to say on the new site. We also did a lot of work in determining what kind of sites we liked. Then, we brought Mike [Sayenko] of Sayenko Design into the project. I think he does a lot of that with other clients, but we skipped part of that.

He built us a new site on WordPress – that was the platform. He made the back-end user-friendly. It was a fast turnaround considering it was a whole new site. He worked with us during a period of a month and a half – six to eight weeks – to fine tune the site into something that we wanted. We were able to launch with a phase one home page, and then we built the site further after we launched it. We kept building out different pages and features. The site had case study pages, portfolio pages, and service pages. It also had features for movement and animation as we added video. Sayenko provided all the hosting, updates, and security.

I was in charge of the inventor side of the website, pages that we put out there to the inventors. We needed to create templates that I could then duplicate for other requests for invention. For this requirement, I worked closely with Mike. Then, we started targeting the client side and the inventor side. Once that started, Sayenko Design helped us add Google AdWords, banner ads, and display network ads. We also had a monthly report of the analytics of both the site and the advertising that we were doing. In a way, Sayenko Design was managing our entire digital presence.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

My client wanted a local person, but we also sourced some that were not local. Sayenko Design was one of those options that I presented to my client. Initially, I located around seven designers. The reason we chose Mike after doing all those interviews was because he was offering a full service. He would do the hosting, security, and backups. Plus, he would help with the AdWords and the design. We could also have as much or as little support as we wanted once the site was up. I think that there's many places where they are focused on the design, but they're not going to help you manage any of your hosting or vice versa. That was nice.

How much have you invested with Sayenko Design?

We spent around $8,000 to $10,000 initially to build the website. Mike provided a set rate for the initial website project. Once we got through the scope of our initial website build, Mike worked with us at $100 an hour for additional things we needed design-wise. We also used the Sayenko Design maintenance plan for hosting, which was $40 a month. In addition to our website build, we paid $6,000to set-up our AdWords campaigns (several), then once we started doing regular changes, we spent anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 a month. This amount does not include the AdWords spend, just Sayenko Design's services. Over the course of a year, our spending was around $50,000 to $60,000 if you total it all up. There were other one-off tasks that probably cost more.

Our relationship with Sayenko Design lasted for about a year and a half. He pitched to us on August 12, 2015, and we had a statement of work to him by August 25. Our first website meeting was on August 26, 2015. We went live with our website in mid-September. That was just the initial page, but we started adding features at the end of September to October. It was by November and December that we started doing all the inventor landing pages and templates. We hired him at the end of August, and I think he had the first round out for us within four weeks. Then we just kept adding to the site.

We discontinued the relationship just recently, around the start of August of this year [2016]. It had no bearing on Sayenko Design at all. It was strictly because the Invention Development Fund spun into an entirely different company. They decided to go with a bigger agency for their design, collateral, branding, and website. It had nothing to do with Mike. We're happy to recommend Mike. He was awesome.

Anecdotally, we got incredibly good feedback internally and from our client. When they saw the new web page, it was almost transformational from what they had had before. From an internal marketing perspective, it made the team workflow much more efficient. The team was more productive because they could edit in real time. That is something that all websites should be able to do nowadays, but my client didn't have that.

The business model isn't simple. It's not like, "You want to buy blue shoes? Click on an ad and buy them." They worked with us to do more experimental AdWords because we have to build relationships with both our inventors and our client. We definitely were able to generate brand awareness. There were a lot of contact forms and lead generation, although I don't have specific numbers. During the course of our AdWords campaigns, we definitely saw increased traffic flow and click-through flow. The Sayenko Design team worked with us to tailor and tweak it to be more effective. The spend went down, but what we were getting was more relevant, so that was good.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Sayenko Design absolutely met timelines. In terms of communication, Mike was very quick to respond. As we were building out something more recently, he started using Asana. It is a project management tool and he invited me to be part of it. It was helpful. Sometimes, it's hard when you're giving feedback on a website to put it in an email and say, "OK, in this section, we want this change – that kind of thing." It was a little challenging because we have a team of three people putting our input together. We had to make sure that nothing was missed. Overall, Mike was responsive. If we noticed that something got skipped, he addressed it immediately, so it was not as if it caused us any major harm.

What did you find most impressive about Sayenko Design?

The Sayenko Design team was awesome. Seriously, their AdWords guy is one of the best I have ever worked with. He was great. Mike was also super helpful. Any time we got stuck, he was responsive and helped us fix little things. I think that he is incredibly professional.

Even from the pitch, he had a deck. He had looked at who we were as a company and what our message needed to be. Design-wise, we wanted something that was simple, clean, clear, and not busy. That's his style and that meshed with us. I think that's why we ended up going with him. He was actually a little bit more expensive than the some of the other vendors, but not prohibitively so. What he had to offer was worth the price.

Are there any areas Sayenko Design could improve?

Probably the only thing to improve was our email communication. We had these long email exchanges. A particular update might get skipped, and we'd have to remind him because it was lost in an email. Then, we started doing more bite-sized stuff in headings, which helped. It was a communication thing that was resolved.

Overall Score Sayenko Design was easy to work with. They were responsive, and they came through when we were trying to push something out very quickly.
    They sometimes overachieved and could deliver quite quickly. We got the deliverables that we asked for, oftentimes faster than we thought it would happen.
    I think they’re a good value for your money, but they’re not the cheapest website designer out there. For what you pay, you get a lot of value. It’s just that they’re not inexpensive.
    I’m likely to do so. Actually, he was a referral to me from a competitor, so that was cool.

WordPress Development for Rock Quarry Company

"I liked that [Sayneko] had a solid vision for how to make our website work."

Mar. - May 2016

Sayenko redesigned the client's outdated website, adding a blog, organizing the service pages, and implementing a contact form. They provided in-depth SEO services, using Google's ranking algorithms and keywords and phrases.

Graham, Washington
Eve Hart
Media Specialist, Washington Rock Quarries

The new site has generated 1,000 new sessions and between 30 and 35 form submissions each month since its launch. The client has received several new large contracting clients from the site.

Washington Rock Quarries is an aggregates and material supplier. Basically, we're a rock quarry. We blast for materials and crush them for use or screen and grade them. We produce gravel, sand, topsoil, and ground rock. I am the media specialist for Washington Rock Quarries. I help with various projects and assist the sales team in creating advertising materials and maintaining the website. I was the project manager for the website creation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

The son of one of our employees built the old website, and the only experience he had was a high school website design class. Our old website wasn't doing much for us. It provided contact information, but that was about it. Our website didn't show up on the first page of the search results on Google. I think if you went a couple of pages in you might find it, but we were competing with many local businesses to place on search results.

A big challenge was figuring out how to display our materials. The previous website just had a couple of pages with a bunch of pictures on them. It was disorganized and not very helpful. I had a rough idea of what I wanted the website to look like and how it should function. I had text and photos. We needed to come up with an overall design and figure out how to display the products in a way that would be useful to users.

Sayenko Design helped present our company through text so that we would rank in search results. They did SEO [search engine optimization] and organized the home page so that it was user-friendly. Google has certain algorithms to determine how your website will rank. They helped to eliminate some of the problems we had like broken links and pictures that weren't the right size. They also helped us figure out keywords and phrases that would help us rank better.

Sayenko Design built an entirely new website on the WordPress platform so that I could edit it. They added a blog, and they organized our service pages. They made our contact information more accessible. They added a form so that people could contact us. It was a complete overhaul.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I Googled a bunch of companies, and I must have talked to 10 or 15 of them. I interviewed a couple based on their price points. Then, I made a preliminary decision about which one I thought would work best. I presented it to our sales team, and they agreed with me. I thought about a place in New York, but I went with Sayenko because they're local, and they had consistent reviews on Google. I also liked their portfolio.

How much have you invested with Sayenko Design?

We spent about $15,000 on the website itself. Sayenko Design also has a maintenance fee, around $70 a month. We paid about $800 upfront.

We decided to work with Sayenko Design in the beginning of March [2016]. The website was completed in the middle of May.

We've been getting about 1,000 new sessions and about 30 to 35 form submissions on the website per month. We've received a couple of new clients, large contractors who found products or information about us on the website. Contractors would typically call us on the phone to ask for a quote. Now, many of them use the Contact Us form on the website to ask about materials and other information.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I mentioned in my Google review that Sayenko Design had some room for improvement in this area. Sometimes, I wonder if they had an account manager who manages everything. Overall, they seemed to be not communicating with each other about the project. There was some disorganization. For example, I worked with Matt [Sheeks], who was the SEO guy. It was good working with him, but I didn't start working with him until after we had decided on the overall format for the site. The problem was that he had some suggestions about content organization and the different sections of our website. That was a bit frustrating because we had already decided on the design. To take some of his suggestions would have required us to change some aspects of the design.

What did you find most impressive about Sayenko Design?

Mike was the project coordinator for our account, and I liked that he had a solid vision for how to make our website work. He was willing to talk to me about some of the ideas that I had and what might work better. I have a little bit of experience with WordPress and some HTML. The scope of the project was complicated, but he made it easy to work with him. He was good at pushing back on ideas and helping to develop them. He even showed me how to set up and fill in the information for a template so we could save money on having someone else do it.

Mike was also prompt about responding to email. He was easy to get hold of and personable. I'm not sure how big their organization was or how many clients they had, but I got the idea that they had a lot of clients. They were still able to make time to do fixes when I asked them to.

In addition, Sayenko Design was flexible about how we paid them. In general, making a website for a quarry is kind of challenging because the construction industry is not that exciting.

Are there any areas Sayenko Design could improve?

I would have appreciated more clarity about how their contract works. They based the contract on the number of hours it would take, and I think the initial quote they gave was unrealistic. It's probably because the scope of the project wasn't clear because they had never worked with a company like ours before. They didn't realize we had 100 products, and they're all rocks. The creation of the catalog threw them off a little bit.

I was a little bit disappointed because I think our initial estimate was like $9,800. I was surprised when they told us they ran out of hours. A little bit more clarity about how the contract works would be nice. Sometimes, I got a little bit irritated when I would ask Mike if his team could do something. Instead of giving me a quote, he would say, "Well, I don't think you guys need to do that." Most of the time, I just wanted a quote. Maybe he needs to be more open-minded and just give the customer what they want, regardless of whether he agrees with it or not.

Overall Score Overall, it was great. They had awesome ideas. There were some frustrations with the price and how things were organized, however.
    I think any delays in schedule were usually our fault. They were good about meeting deadlines.
    Part of that has to do with the lack of clarity about how the contract worked. We went about 50 percent over what we expected to spend. At the same time, the president felt that the website had already paid for itself.
    I liked the website and how it turned out. Some things were not quite as polished as they should have been. I had to act like an editor. The typical customer shouldn’t have to do that.
    The price is the main difficulty, so I’d have to recommend them with a caveat that they need to account for some price flexibility.

Design and Marketing for Large IT Company

"Sayenko Design is always our first choice for an external vendor."

2012 - Ongoing

Sayenko developed an internal marketing campaign to promote the client's wellness program. Using a drawing provided by the client, they created digital displays, email marketing, and posters.

San Francisco Bay Area
Senior Global Wellness Manager, Large IT Company

The partnership is ongoing, and Sayenko remains consistent with deadlines, responsiveness, and organization. They have an excellent understanding of the client's end goals, and are transparent on all billing.

My company is a social networking platform for professional networking and identifying economic opportunity.

My role is senior global wellness manager. I oversee our wellness program across all of our offices.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We do not have any dedicated resources to create our marketing collateral. Our program is heavily based on promoting the events that we've put on and any opportunities for people to engage in wellness. We have one internal resource that just couldn't handle the workflow, and so we went to Sayenko Design to support our effort to turn around and create marketing materials.

We provide Sayenko Design a drawing and they turn it into a digital asset and draft up designs for us to consider. This is all internal. Our program is only for our employees, and so we don't do any external marketing of the program. Now, we do have some things that Sayenko Design has created for us like the design of the T-shirts that we give to our employees at a running event that we sponsor. That could be externally facing because people are seeing those, but everything was for our people and promoted internally to employees.

Ultimately, what everything resulted in was some sort of asset for us to promote our wellness program, whether it be through our digital displays, email marketing, print posters, or things of that nature.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I met Mike Sayenko [principal at Sayenko Design] through my relationship with some folks at my company. We were chatting one day with a coworker. I was expressing my need to find a reliable and cost-effective design partner, and they recommended Mike. I had the chance to meet Mike, and that's how we got going.

We do on average between $15,000 to $30,000 a year with them.

We started the program in 2011, and I believe we started working together in 2012. Our need has not diminished in terms of needing that external support to complement our one internal resource, so I don't see any end to the relationship. It's also been very effective for us. It's a great resource for people on my team when they need things turned around that our internal resource can't meet a deadline of. Sayenko Design is always our first choice for an external vendor.

I think that measuring success is challenging with this particular line of work. I would say failure is easier to measure which, in our book, would be missing a deadline. That's never happened with Mike, and so I would say that's a measure of success. He's never missed a deadline for us and is always responsive and takes care of us.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very organized, which is good. He gets the details. He has some templates that he works off of in order to gather the info. In our growth with him in time, he's very thorough in making sure that he has what he needs to do a project from the outset, which helps us avoid a lot of the back and forth. His structured approach allows for a lot of fact gathering so he knows we want to have. He's also a great instruction taker and knows what our end goal is.

What distinguishes Sayenko Design from other providers?

The thing I'd like to highlight is the personalized touch and the level of understanding that Sayenko puts into the project. Just in terms of working with him, much of what we do is very much a matter of trust. From a billing perspective, if someone says a project took them six hours to do, there's no way to prove it, so it's great that things get done in a timely and consistent fashion with Mike. He's always been very forthright and honest, and it's great to be able to work with someone of that nature. His integrity in that capacity and his openness with how he spends his time is always very much appreciated.

Is there anything Sayenko Design could have improved or done differently?

No. I wouldn't say improve. The only time that there could be improvement would be if his workload maybe surpassed our needs. We haven't had that happen yet, but we always run the risk of going to him with a tight deadline and him not being able to handle it because of current workload. Aside from that, I don't think there's anything I would highlight that could be improved upon.

Overall Score The biggest obstacle is how my team is spread around the world and time zones. That’d be the one thing that makes it a little challenging.
    We’ve never had a missed deadline. There’s always been accurate estimates of how much time they need and never any overpromises.
    I find that it’s very cost-effective in terms of what we have budgeted and what we get out of it. We’re very happy with what we pay and what we get.
    It’s always been consistent and on time, and it’s always met our needs and requirements.
    This is for the same reason of having never been let down and always having shown what they’re capable of.

Web Design & Development for Community Health Centers

"They got to know what our visual style was and what we were hoping to achieve."

May - July 2015

When they recognized a need for a stronger online presence, a healthcare network hired Sayenko Design to provide website design and development services.

Tavish Donahue
Director, Sea Mar Community Health Centers

Sayenko Design succeeded in understanding the company's vision and executing it effectively and elegantly. Their contributions were of a consistently high quality. The team earned praise for their independent project management, intuitive sense for user experience, and personable attitude.

Sea Mar Community Health Centers is a large network of federally qualified centers providing medical, dental, behavioral health, and social services to underserved populations across the western part of Washington State, with a focus on the Latino community. We were founded in 1978 by a group of Latino activists who were trying to provide better healthcare access to migrant farm workers. Since then, we've grown and have become the largest network of health centers in the state, operating through 29 medical clinics.

I am the director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We already had a website for the organization, but we were developing a family medicine residency program in order to train doctors in the field. It was very important to have a strong, attractive web presence for this purpose, given that this is the main way in which medical students are finding out about such programs.

Sayenko Design has provided website design and development services.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I found some good reviews for Sayenko Design online, contacted them, looked at their portfolio and found that their visual style was a good match for our organization.

The total development cost was between $5,000 and $7,000.

We started working with Sayenko Design in May 2015. The project deadline was 60 days, and it was completed on time.

We've had a great experience working with Sayenko Design. We engaged in a few phone calls in the beginning in order to get a shared vision. The process wasn't familiar to us, but it paid dividends with the final work delivered by Sayenko Design. They got to know what our visual style was and what we were hoping to achieve for the website.

The output was of very high quality. It had a nice, clean look and didn't appear too busy. It incorporated good photographs with our written content.

What distinguishes Sayenko Design from other providers?

I appreciate the fact that they took the time to get to know us at the beginning, but we didn't have constant meetings throughout the process. I appreciated Sayenko Design's independence and intuition about our goals. We were given options out of which we could choose something, which was a good, streamlined approach.

Is there anything Sayenko Design could have improved or done differently?

No. I can't think of anything.

From our own estimates, we thought that the work would be less expensive, but I don't feel that we were misled by Sayenko Design.

Web Design for Commercial Real Estate Firm

"Everything was delivered as expected."

Sayenko Design built a real estate firm's website and provided integrated marketing services, with the goal of improving the company's position among their competitors.

Associate, Real Estate Firm

Sayenko Design’s work received positive feedback from initial users, and succeeded in bringing new professionalism and reputability to the firm's public image. The team earned additional praise for their responsiveness, willingness to collaborate, and ability to fulfill specific requests.

We are a commercial real estate company operating as a group within a larger firm. Our company is located in downtown Seattle.

I am an associate.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Sayenko Design?

We needed to create a website for our company. Many of our competitors had websites and better marketing than our group.

Sayenko Design was hired to market our group and build our website.

How did you come to work with Sayenko Design?

I knew their owner, although I initially contacted another firm in Seattle. I decided that they were not the best choice, given their lack of responsiveness. I appreciated that Sayenko Design got back in touch and scheduled a meeting with us quickly. I also looked at their previous work and liked it. With my previous firm, I had spent a couple of months simply trying to get the work started.

The total development cost was $10,000.

For the most part, the project is finalized. We're working on some final details on our end, which have to do with approval from our parent company. Sayenko Design is also creating a logo design, letterheads, business cards, and other material for our business.

In terms of quality, we've received great feedback from family, friends, and co-workers. Sayenko Design's work has been exactly what we needed in terms of adding some credibility and professionalism to our group.

How did Sayenko Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were good in terms of listening to our requests, and built our page based on common elements found on competitors' websites. Some suggestions didn't apply to my business in particular as much as they would apply to a normal, retail business, but they've never been afraid to give us ideas, whether or not we went with them.

What distinguishes Sayenko Design from other providers?

I appreciated their creativity and prompt response time.

Is there anything Sayenko Design could have improved or done differently?

No. Everything was delivered as expected.

For the most part, they were right on time. There were a few items that lingered, but they could be my fault as well.
    The site has produced the results which we wanted, namely an increase in credibility and a way for clients to connect with us by simply visiting the page, which has happened.
    I was happy with how the site ended up, compared to our original plans.

Gold