Expertly Crafted Disruption

Gold

Ruckus is a full-service agency that powers game-changing companies and global influencers. Our core strategic engagements in branding, platform design, and campaigns consistently drive greater consumer action and awareness. Boasting a track record that can speak for itself, Ruckus has successfully completed hundreds of projects and been featured on prominent media outlets such as ABC, CNN, CBS, Adweek, The Wall Street Journal, and more.

Whether you’re just starting out or evolving your brand, Ruckus will help you grow.

2005
New York, NY
  • 240 WEST 37TH STREET, 11TH FLOOR
    New York, NY 10018

Murad | Mobileye | NYC Ferry | Diocese of Brooklyn | IndiKitch | Crayola |

Ruckus // IndiKitch

Indikitch is a rapidly expanding chain of fast-casual Indian restaurants that prides itself on the authenticity of its food.

Ruckus served as comprehensive marketing partner to Indikitch during a major rebrand, developing its brand messaging, its website, its custom font and illustrations, and pretty much

all the visual design you’ll find in its restaurants.

Admiral Capital Group Testimonial

Admiral Capital Group is a philanthropically focused investment firm founded by NBA Hall-of-Famer David Robinson and Goldman Sachs alum Daniel Bassichis.

Ruckus revamped Admiral’s brand and website to better convey the firm’s unique positioning and modernize its online presence.

Check out the live site here.

Ruckus Builds CES Presence For Mobileye

Mobileye is a global leader in autonomous driving, with its technology integrated into nearly ever major car brand in the world. Having positioned itself as a frontrunner in the race for driverless vehicles, the company was purchased in 2017 by Intel for $15.3 billion.

Ruckus has been a Mobileye partner for over four years. Initially tapped in 2015, Ruckus improved the firm’s American brand positioning and OEM

awareness by designing, implementing, and managing its tradeshow booth and press events at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show. After a successful show, Mobileye enlisted Ruckus to build even bigger, better experiential events at CES 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Branding Strategy & Marketing for Software Firm

"They became our marketing team."

Ruckus developed a brand from scratch, including the logo, color scheme, branding, messaging, website, business cards, letterhead, and banners for a trade show, all within a span of two months.

New York City, New York
Jenn Goodson
CAO, Neota Logic

Ruckus’s highly organized approach and strong communication allowed them to deliver a fully branded, functional company on a very tight schedule. They were thorough, creative, flexible, and a true partner on this project, and they provided beautiful work.

Please describe your company.

Neota Logic is a software company that builds documentation systems that are designed to ease the compliance process on our clients.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the chief operating officer.

What was your goal for working with Ruckus?

We partnered with one of our clients to create a joint venture called ComplianceHR, using Neota Logic's technology. It's primarily designed for HR [human resources] departments in contract employment industry. This was a brand new business entity, so we went to Ruckus with a blank slate. We explained who we are, and where we envision the company going and asked them to build a brand from scratch based on that information.

We formed the business in February, and we had a major industry conference at the beginning of May where we wanted to launch the brand. So, we had two months to get together our logo, color scheme, branding, messaging, website, business cards, letterhead, and banners for a trade show – you name it, we had to get everything in two months, which was a real challenge. We went to Ruckus, and they said to us, "If you stick with this schedule, and if you're responsive with us, then we're going to be able to meet that deadline for you."

They laid it all out from the beginning. We knew the expectations they had for us, and they knew what our expectations were of them. As long as we hit our marks, they hit their marks. It was unbelievable. We started with Ruckus in late February or early March, and the trade show was the first week of May.

What was your process for selecting Ruckus?

I was researching online. I wanted an agency near us in the New York area, and we wanted to be able to have face-to-face meetings. I called around, and I narrowed it down to my top three. I had them come in and meet the executive management team. One of our team members had met another firm that was based out of Los Angeles, and wanted to go that way, but I kept pushing because I really thought Ruckus had better creativity, and I really thought they were the one for us.

It was their edginess, but with a level of professionalism that I really liked the most. They were able to convey real business professionalism, but there was still a hint of humor, or a hint of self-deprecation in their work. It was fresh. You could tell that they were working hard, and there was a lot of creativity going on there. There were more interested in talking about the creative process than talking about money at the beginning. Of course, you have to talk about money eventually, but they were more interested in the creative process, and that was intriguing for us.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

It was between $40,000 and $60,000.

Can you speak to Ruckus's process, or what it was like working with them?

They're super-organized, which was great. They laid out the expectations from the beginning and stuck to their plan. They were always there, thinking of things, checking up on how we were receiving the work. They kept us on point, which was great. They didn't want to disappoint us, and they knew that sometimes they were saving us from ourselves. They were also very honest, saying, "We can't get that done in two months, but we'll put that on for version 2." So, they were very honest with what they could and couldn't do. They didn't over-promise. The delivery was fantastic. They were highly creative and highly available.

They used Teamwork, which is an online project management system, and they were always on that, making sure things were uploaded and where they should be. It's a really hands on, young team, but for as young as they are, their wisdom transcends their youth. They came up with some very creative ideas. I really enjoyed working with them, and I never felt like I was getting a hard sell. Everything was very open, honest, and transparent.

What were the results of the project?

The result was that they were able to get us from absolutely nothing to a fully branded functional company with an online presence in two months. Their work is beautiful. It conveys the exact message that we want to have. We've gotten so many compliments. It was so well done and so well received that we're planning to bring more business to them with our existing company [Neota Logic].

Do you have any stats or metrics on the project that support these results?

The result of the conference, which was less than a month ago, is that people know we exist now, and that was our primary goal more than selling our product. We got a lot of Twitter followers, and a lot of exposure. People are visiting the site. We're getting great engagement; their work has provided a good base, a place for us to launch from. The conference attendees included almost every single employment law firm in the country, so it was an important first impression.

Is there anything unique or special about Ruckus that really makes them stand out?

I liked how nimble and flexible they were. They're very organized, thorough, and creative. Also, they're just very human. I didn't feel uncomfortable saying I don't know how to do something, or that I'd never done that particular thing before. They would hold my hand and help me get through something, so they could get what they needed. They were a partner, and they guided us through the process. They became our marketing team.

This project was so quick and so well done that I don't really think there were any areas of improvement.

Marketing & Advertising for Cosmetics & Drug Producer

"Their responsiveness really impressed the hell out of me."

Ruckus researched and launched a marketing campaign, targeting a new, younger audience for a pre-existing product.

New York City, New York
Brian Fitzpatrick
CEO, Bentley Labs

Ruckus listened carefully and showed a great deal of enthusiasm for this project from the very beginning. Their team’s thorough research has increased the potential reach and impact of this campaign and opened doors to new markets for the product.

Please describe your company.

Bentley Labs formulates and manufactures personal care products, primarily cosmetics, and over-the-counter drug products, for a variety of leading brand marketers as well as niche brand marketers who serve the industry.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the owner and CEO.

What was your goal for working with Ruckus?

We had a product that we were taking to market. While our take on the product is new, the product type has been in the marketplace for a long time, and we were looking for a new way to position it. Think of it as a technology that's been out there, it's been around, people have used it, but the company that launched the technology had a particular target audience, and they never evolved that. We were looking for a new audience, and obviously a new marketing strategy to attract them.

They provided a couple of services. One was to educate us on internet marketing, how it works, what has proven to be successful, what hasn't, what business models work really well, and why. So, that was one big portion of the services they provided. The other was conducting the market research, and coming back to us with a plan for a different way to market our product, to a different target audience, to give us that uniqueness. Everybody was marketing the product to 40-to-50-year-olds. Nobody was thinking of the younger generation who are much more in tune with appearance and personal care products.

We worked on this for about five months, and we were just blown away by what they did for us. The results of their research and their recommendations are just now coming to fruition, but they really exceeded our expectations.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

We've planned three phases for this project. The initial phase was probably less than $30,000. As we move forward through the project, this should run in the $200,000 to $500,000 range

What were the results of the project?

We haven't yet executed the marketing model that they've built for us yet, but in the short term, their recommendations have caused us to go out and look for strategic marketing partners to team up with, particularly ones who concentrate on internet marketing to the younger generation. We had no meaningful experience with digital marketing, but we're really excited at the doors that are opening up, and the potential impact and reach of our campaign.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

It's too soon to talk metrics, but I feel good about what we're seeing.

They listened really carefully to us, and that impressed me. They're a young group, and I thought they might come in and act like they knew it all. But, they didn't. They also showed a lot of enthusiasm for the product and the category, and that was really important. It wasn't just a project to them. You could feel that they were totally jazzed about going to work on this kind of a product in that kind of marketplace. What it said to me was, before we even were done with the initial meeting, they were already thinking about how this could be done. Even in those initial RFP [request for proposal] meetings, they were coming up with amazing ideas for us.

Honestly, I didn't. Their responsiveness really impressed the hell out of me. I recommend them to any of my customers that I deal with now. I really like their energy. As a young entrepreneurial firm trying to break in, these guys show a ton of promise. They're going places.

Gold