Custom Enterprise & Robotics Solutions, R&D, IoT
rinf.tech is a technology solutions company that draws on the Engineering Excellence principle, knowledge-based capabilities, and robust R&D for IoT and Embedded.
We specialize in custom enterprise application development, IoT/embedded system development, robotics and automotive solutions, and provide a range of b2b services, from tech staff augmentation and managed offshore/nearshore teams to outcome-based solution delivery, and beyond.
Founded in 2006, we're headquartered in Bucharest (Romania) and have offices and Delivery Centers in Romania, Germany, France, the USA, Ukraine, and Bulgaria.
Our outcome-based technology solutions and dedicated teams help SMEs and blue-chip organizations:
- accelerate their pace to innovation,
- reduce time to market,
- address tech talent shortage fast and effectively,
- optimize software dev expenses,
- ensure sustainable growth and more.
On top of that, we have our own enterprise robots: MATT for touchscreen testing, and ERIS for retail store automation.
rinf.tech is an Intel AI Builders member and a Gold Intel solutions partner.
We'll provide client testimonials and reviews upon your request!
Visteon, Panasonic, Metro System, Carrefour, Intel
Global Manufacturer of Agricultural equipment
SW tools: MATLAB Simulink, Vector CANoe, TwinCAT
Programming \ scripting \ automation languages: Python, CAPL
HIL hardware: dSPACE, Speedgoat, Beckhoff, Vector VN series
HIL design – Electrical diagram, HIL block diagram, Assembly support documentation (HW)
Manual testing – HIL set-up and maintenance; TC creation, Manual test cases execution
Automation testing - Automated testing on HIL (Automated test scripts creation and execution
Rinf.tech’s experts enabling them to better assess the financial risks, make strategic investments and reinforce testing capabilities via new processes and increased productivity into the Validation area.
Software testing process optimization (using V model)
· Mini HIL environment development for manual testing (SW and HW validation)
· HIL development for automation testing (SW and HW validation)
· Validation process standardization (Siemens Polarion)
· Automation testing (running automated test scenarios)
· Automated test creation (CAPL; Python)
Rinf.tech proved a trustworthy partner in Software and Hardware validation to guarantee high-level Quality Assurance through high-level engineering capabilities.
Results (Team results)
· 2 ECUs tested - 1 common test bench
· Extra test cases created resulted in 35% automation coverage (Test case creation and automation process in validation via Agile development.)
· 40% Increase testing capabilities - we enabled the scalability of our client’s business via complete support for Test case creation and automation process in validation via Agile development.
· Our clients get direct access to rinf.tech’s experts enabling them to better assess the financial risks, make strategic investments and reinforce testing capabilities via new processes and increased productivity into Validation area
C embedded // JTAG debugging // Python
· Board bring up activities with new MCUs
· Low-level drivers
· Low-level features
· Software integration
· Software integration test and release
1 new MCU family designed for the Automotive market.
10+ drivers and development tools to help the automotive integrators to build solutions based on the new MCU.
ZERO bandwidth to release the new MCUs and they needed help to speed-up the development and testing.
We have contributed significantly to build toolboxes for the developers themselves. Our work was carried out in partnership with a leading company in the semiconductors industry serving more than 25.000 customers.
We arrived at addressing complex issues such as developing low-level drivers required for the next generation of products to work seamlessly, once launched in the marketplace, in order for this product suites to maintain their forefront position in the Automotive industry.
Our main areas of expertise are:
Board support package:
· Bring up of new MCUs: NXP iMX8 DX bring-up from scratch
· Low-level driver implementation: Display handler // Light sensors // Orientation sensors // QNX raw NAND driver // Optimizations for start-up and inter-processor communication
· Support software workarounds for MCU errata
· Touch display control: Low level driver on QNX // Firmware update support
· Integration of software delivered from India and Timisoara
· Build system adaptation and improvement
Software integration test and release:
· Definition of integration tests
· Measurements for software KPIs
· Execution of integration tests in line with customer due-dates
· Improvements for the release process
Results / Contributions:
1 new MCU family built within the targeted timeline
ZERO compromise on the quality standards.
15+ sample use cases (set) helped the final clients to develop new automotive products in a shorter time.
Various complementary libraries allowed our customer to reach new ecosystems and get new customers.
The above helped our customer to catch the momentum on the market and to develop new business opportunities.
Global Automotive Tier1
AUTOSAR Architecture // Developing software in C/C++; 2 MCUs System with ARM cores // Inter-Processor Communication (IPC) // 2 board (intelligent & front end) APX design// OSEK RTOS // Greenhills Integrity RTOS with support for separate VAS & Memory protection
Safety-related Functions // MOST (Media Oriented System Transport) connection to the infotainment system // High speed CAN connection & Open GLE graphics
Cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, cockpit domain controllers, and the autonomous driving platform.
2 Instrument Cluster projects for two of the biggest car manufacturers globally.
1600 defects to solve
28+ features to implement
100% distributed environment where communication and constant synchronizing with other teams were the key elements for success.
NO clarity concerning the specifications and the technologies used – at kick-off.
Our team together with our client’s mirror team has taken the responsibility of delivering the next generations of Instrument clusters for one of the largest global brands in Automotive. We managed to do so by focusing on good quality development and integration.
The client acquired more business on which he could not focus without the help of RINF TECH. RINF TECH’s team worked on the following:
· Software Development - Embedded programming – C language
· AUTOSAR modules integrations
· Hardware bring-up for new Hardware Instrument Clusters
· Vector tools for AUTOSAR
· - Over 1600 tickets
· - Over 38 new developed features
· -50% faster deployment due to proficiency with ramp-up and prioritize knowledge transfer.
1 -100% compliance with our client’s tools, standards, process and methodologies.
Telecom start up
PHP // Selenium // Android // PostgreSQL // Wifi // AWS
White label IoT Service Platform, IoT in Telecom | Business Analytics | Enterprise Application Integration | Hybrid app development
1 Lack of availability of low-price data packages worldwide
2 Complexities in configuration of the service
3 Simplification of the clunky, difficult-to-access subscription packs.
A platform that has all the basic elements needed for a white-label IoT service with its dedicated business & revenue model.
eCommerce has grown together with the Internet. This has also led to a change in requirements for eCommerce platforms. As such, a desktop-based e-commerce platform is not enough nowadays. A site that is accessible and usable from any type of device is mandatory, as well as catching the customer’s eye and attention from the very first glance. That’s how eComPay was born and it is taking matters further than the eCommerce capabilities, opening option into the consumer-producer market phase characterized by the disappearance of product-series and the dawn of ‘customized everything’.
· IoT capabilities embedded by design. //
· Online payment and shipping providers integrated. //
· Ready to be deployed on any device //
· The mobile app (built with Ionic) is ready to be deployed both on Android and iOS Store locator Store administration.
· Multiple layouts for reflecting your products / service personality.
75% decrease in contracting time
Eliminate complexities in configuration of the service
Simplification of the clunky, difficult-to-access process intensive subscription packs.
Global Automotive Tier 1
C# // .Net core // .Net framework // Windows Forms // CAN // CANOpen // J1939 // Peak PCAN interface
PC software application able to configure and control multiple embedded devices over CAN bus using CANOpen/J1939 protocols.
Our client needs to develop a PC software application able to configure and control multiple devices developed as a part of “Sense Think Act” (STA) strategy. The new application will integrate the functionalities of existing applications and it will be able to control different devices acting as a single point of interface with the user. The goal of this project is to replace all these tools and provide one highly configurable, extensible, and universal tool for all current and future STA products.
Rinf.tech designed and delivered an application that allows the operator to command and control the devices in a debug, test, or demonstration environment. TSC is not meant for operating one or more STA devices in a vehicle environment.
● Replace existing set of software tools with one universal application
● Unified architecture to support various devices
● Extensible architecture to support new types of devices
● Control electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic actuators
● Firmware flashing for devices
● CAN/J1939/CANOpen logging capabilities
Service Delivery – The main goal for this phase is to investigate existing applications for EMA and EHA to understand the full functionality and to define the architecture for the new application. This is the first working package (WP).
We have worked with an Agile methodology with product release built and demo.
Close collaboration with the client to make sure all expectations are met, and the architecture principles are aligned for future extensibility.
Quick time to market
More to come
IoT Device Management
British Telecom Startup
Asset tracking and transport handling Cloud based platform for worldwide carriers.
Using various IoT sensors and a global MNO/MVNO network, the platform enables carriers to collect information about the location of asset, what are the transport conditions (humidity, temperature) and how the asset is handled during the entire transport (if the package was dropped or opened).
All information is collected in real-time and it’s available in public or private cloud.
· Monitor the location of asset with GPS accuracy
· Track temperature from -15C up to +50C
· Monitor relative humidity between 0-100%
· Receive a default tilt alert if a parcel is subject to a tilt of more than 30 degrees in any direction
· Verifies if a shipment has not been opened. Triggers alert when tracker is exposed to more than 4.0 LUX
· Alert triggered if box subject to 0.4 seconds, freefal – live data about the asset available to customers in the cloud
· GPS location tracking
· Temperature conditions
· Humidity conditions
· Shock events recording for miss-handling
Light detection for package opening
Complete study-case: https://www.rinf.tech/how/industries/iot-connectivity/iot-device-managem...
Powerful computer vision software performs icon and text recognition as well as response time measurement. Out of the box, MATT comes equipped with two high performance cameras designed for machine vision applications. One of these cameras is mounted on the effector while the other is fixed and used for device monitoring.
EUROPEAN retail business
Facial Recognition, Queue Detector, People Counter, Activity Visualizer and Analytics
PostgreSQL, ASP.NET Web Services and Web API, IIS service for hosting the Web Application and Web API, Windows service for data synchronization Web Application – React JS
Video analytics and dashboard
1 High inefficiency in defining customer clusters by gender and age breakdowns resulting in slow follow-ups across departments and locations due to variability in operations.
2 Difficult implementation of immediate response programs.
3 Lack of understanding of customer behavior
4 Multiple delays in feature approval leading to loss of potential business.
Using stream cameras and video analytics servers (which include Facial Recognition, Queue Detector, People Counter, Activity Visualizer and Analytics system package for retail), rinf.tech has developed this solution to map each client’s needs and solve even the most demanding requests.
The rinf.tech proposed architecture is the following:
· PostgreSQL – fully managed database
· ASP.NET Web Services and Web API
· IIS service for hosting the Web Application and Web API
Furthermore, we employed:
· Windows service for data synchronization Web Application – React JS frontend developed user interface application, in which the users perform actions like setting the store, viewing and comparing data on various criteria.
· Third-party software for face recognition analysis, queue and people count data.
· Third-party cameras with face recognition, people count and heatmap processing functionalities.
The main features include: people counting, gender and age breakdown, in depth visitor analysis, interval comparison & selection, direction and heatmap analysis, timeline comparison, queue time and waiting number of people.
· cameras with people counting capabilities
· face recognition systems
· third party systems with push notifications events
Rinf.Tech assembled a team of technology experts to understand the problem areas to be addressed to derive proper analytics.
Testing the focus group
Based on the requirements and solutions discussed, mockups with single process flows were created. These mockups helped the client in visualizing the system even before it was built. This helped those who were unaware of the workings of IT systems to give feedback and suggestions for further improvement.
Designing the Solution
The solution architect created and introduced a configurable dashboard based on defined rules and conditions. This dashboard was scalable to meet the client’s ever-evolving reporting needs.
After the client’s sign-off on the dashboard, the analytics solutions were launched and tested for effectiveness and efficiency at client sites with a pilot run in a supervised group of participants.
The retail analytics application helps our client:
· 90% Increase in customer insights - Get a better insight about the customers that enter your store with gender and age breakdown
· 50% Increase of the immediate response rate Improve your service by analyzing queue data and act immediately
· 60% Rise in accuracy of customer patterns by using direction and heatmap analysis
Telecom MNO specialized in SupplyChain Solutions
The enterprise platform includes 3 main components (web portal, APIs, device trackers), all running on Google Cloud and AWS. Later these were migrated to Azure IoT, in order to allow for a fully cloud agnostic solution.
A SaaS CRM linked with the Global Mobility Marketplace platform covering all the services provided by the service providers that will be offered free of charge to all the suppliers that will join the marketplace model, as a major competitive differentiator.
Disruptive solution for the logistics industry the platform provides a real-time parcel tracking device and service that allows users to track the location, security and condition of their shipments (if the package is too hot or cold, if it gets wet, if it is opened, if it’s been dropped or tilted and where this happened) regardless of the scale, country or carrier.
Our client needed a technology partner to develop the software platform and ensure top performance and scalability as the business was growing. As they were ending the first phase of software prototyping and development, that had successfully attracted investors and demonstrated the capabilities of the platform, the company was looking for a provider that could get their product to the enterprise level.
Enterprise architecture upgrade to accommodate the services form the Google Cloud, AWS and Azure IoT.
Benefits for the client and how these were achieved:
· improved stability (20%), scalability and performance
· 100% ready for the production phase and public product launch
Complete study-case: https://www.rinf.tech/how/industries/technology/supply-chain-tracker-edg...
Technology: PHP 7.1 // MySQL // Symfony 3 framework // Redis // Query // NodeJS // Sass gem // Composer // Git // Jenkins
Task Management Dashboard
1. Integration with other tools of internal usage in an everchanging toolkit environment
2. Putting in place a tooling policy and unifying the tooling under a single provider with disinvestment of marginal tools
3. Detail a service catalogue with a complete evidence of the competencies and portfolio
The goal of Dashboard Project is to provide an internal software solution allowing easy information access for all employees. Additionally, it will serve as a portal initiating all internal applications. Dashboard Project provides centralized and easy access to all internal information.
· The new dashboard brings many features:
· Internal marketing and departmental information exchange
· Phone-book & who is who functionality
· Easy document handling, allowing document access restriction
· Holiday requests
· To-do lists, perfect for efficient tasks completion and project management
· Blog and company news
· White label service catalog that permits you define and inter-connect all type of entities you may need
85% utilization of a single system throughout the client company
Single task repository
Single portfolio repository
RINF TECH and its partners are working together to develop a solution rooted in the latest Machine Learning and video analytics trends. The main purpose is to vastly decrease the amount of time necessary for codifying a video, while improving the overall accuracy of the process.
Vid.Supervisor is a machine-learning model that runs over a video to identify and tag behaviors.
Global smart and rugged devices manufacturer
Google and Windows 10 API’s (supplied from Google Cloud and Windows 10 UWP libraries) //
Geolocation Google Maps API // Reverse geolocation API // Azure // Blob repository SMTP (SendGrid) for emails // NoSql User tables (for storing settings) // .NET Core 2.1. // WebApi Azure B2C Authentication (JWT based authentication)
Thermal detection of water leakage
4 Weeks - timeframe was very short: less than a month, to take care of the discovery phase, the technical analysis and, finally, the craft of the application from scratch.
Our client wants to provide a solution that uses their tablet and thermal sensor in order to identify water leakage in the field.
By pointing the tablet at the ground, the application (using the thermal sensors) would detect leakage in areas with water pipes and send this info together with the geo coordinates in the cloud.
A technician would be able to walk for miles a day with the tablet pointed to the ground and data would be gathered in the cloud infrastructure that will eventually get assembles into a detailed report.
The device accurately detects and reports water leakages:
· Works in offline mode, generating sessions and submitting them as soon as internet is available
· Easy to use sessions, you can start a new session right away or resume a previously paused session
· Making use of Microsoft’s latest stack of technologies, UWP, .NET Core and cloud solutions
· Customized settings
66% Decrease of detection time for defects in the pipe infrastructure
23% Decrease in structural damage to walls, floors and metal fittings due to water leakage
50% Drop in detection costs for leakages
The team has been working and analyzing both the high-level model topology (Python code) and the low-level architecture layers, in order to optimize a neural net-based system for the inference step – the actual translation execution.
We used C++ and Assembly to optimize a network topology that translates text from one language to another. We optimized the code for the latest Intel CPU Sky-lake architecture Xeon. Moreover, we started working to implement support for the next generation of CPUs, in order to achieve an even higher speed/accuracy optimization.
“They aren't just another provider for us—we have a real partnership with them.”
Working closely with the internal team, rinf.tech develops custom software for cashiers at a Romanian IT company. They have provided a variety of developers, testers, and operation assistants for over 10 years.
“They aren't just another provider for us—we have a real partnership with them.”
Apr 23, 2021
The new team consisting of rinf.tech’s developers and the internal staff have become an essential part of the development of projects managed by the client. rinf.tech communicates and addresses concerns effectively, establishing a seamless workflow. They’ve become a trustworthy partner.
A Clutch analyst personally interviewed this client over the phone. Below is an edited transcript.
Introduce your business and what you do there.
I’m the engineering manager of an IT company. I supervise the development of software for cashier machines. We work with different developers, testers, operation colleagues, but also on the business side with product owners, managers, and others.
What challenge were you trying to address with rinf.tech?
They provide staff augmentation services for our software development projects.
What was the scope of their involvement?
We work with staff from rinf.tech and place them in our teams together with our internal group. They work together every day, and all of them are considered our colleagues. We have programmers, testers, and operations staff that handle different problems during production like incidents, bugs, and more. There were cases where rinf.tech provided development as a service, but recently it hasn’t happened. Generally, we only use them for the staff augmentation on our projects.
What is the team composition?
I have a main point of contact with a sales accountant who coordinates which partners we get for our projects. In my area, we have nine developers, four testers, and seven operation partners.
How did you come to work with rinf.tech?
It was an upper management decision. We have collaborated with rinf.tech for more than 10 years. This decision was made many years before I was a manager, so I can’t provide details.
How much have you invested with them?
I can’t provide a company-wide investment approximation, but in my area, we invest around €1 million (approximately $1,210,000 USD) yearly.
What is the status of this engagement?
Our company has worked with them for more than 10 years. However, I just started working with them in February 2020, and our partnership is ongoing.
What evidence can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement?
Our programming market is very dynamic and just finding people that are able to work with us is very difficult. We don't have specific metrics to track the work of our partners. However, our main point of contact at rinf.tech is genuinely interested in finding us the right person for the projects, even given the circumstances of our market.
How did rinf.tech perform from a project management standpoint?
We communicate mainly through mail and WhatsApp. The responsiveness of rinf.tech is impressive. I can reach out to them at absolutely any time and they will answer back very fast. Whenever we have some situation when a person wasn’t the right one for the job or a developer needed extra skills, we have sorted it out easily.
What did you find most impressive about them?
I’ve also worked with other providers recently, and they don't have their level of involvement, communication, or responsiveness. They arent' just another provider for us—we have a real partnership with them.
Are there any areas they could improve?
The only problem we have is finding the right people for the job in a timely manner. However, this is not a problem of rinf.tech. They’re proactive in helping us find solutions.
Any advice for potential customers?
Communication should happen both ways, and clients should be involved in reaching out to the council as well as the representatives so they can get the best of cooperation with rinf.tech.