Website Strategy, Design, and Digital Marketing

I’ve been making and managing websites since 1999. Refine Your Website is a reliable, debt-free, straight-talking, website design, and marketing company that wants to help you meet your online marketing objectives. This starts with a solid strategy in the form of a website roadmap.

Most firms focus on the technical or the latest design trend. I realize that the technology being used is just a means to an end, and I’ll ensure that the work we do together is chiefly aimed at making you more profitable.

Freelancer
1999
Oxford, MI
  • 124 Persimmon Dr.
    Oxford, MI 48371

Renaissance Media, Wellness Dentistry Network, CAPPA, Lorient Capital, SEEN Magazine, Fried Saperstein Sakwa PC

Lorient Capital Image

Lorient Capital

Partnered with Skidmore Studio to implement the design for Lorient Capital.

WordPress Dev & Wireframing for Full-Service Media Company

“We can always trust them to get the job done.”

May 2012 - Ongoing

Refine Your Website provides web development services for a full-service media company. Their work includes creating WordPress sites from scratch or implementing updates and revamps.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Kevin Browett
President, Renaissance Media Solutions

Refine Your Website’s work has been met with unanimous praise. The team is efficient, hardworking, and responsive. Customers can expect a capable team that’s both easy to collaborate with and reliable for various types of projects.

I’m the president of a full-service media company. We own newspapers, magazines, and various digital properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Refine Your Website?

We were heavy into the print side of the world, and it became that our readers would expect more digital content. We needed a trusted partner to implement updates for our websites as needed.

They help us refine our websites, and in some cases, they do a total revamp. Sometimes, the sites are built from scratch. The team typically takes care of the development and basic wireframes. A lot of their work is on WordPress, and they’re tasked with the various integrations for WordPress, too.

Jeff (Founder) is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Refine Your Website?

I was introduced to Jeff through a colleague.

We’ve spent around $200,000 over the years.

We started working together in May 2012, and our work is ongoing.

95% of the time things work great. The 5% of the time that we run into bugs, it’s normal. Jeff is always great about working with us to fix those minor things.

How did Refine Your Website perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re really responsive. We can always track him down by phone or text message, and he’s quick to respond. Jeff isn’t the kind of person to bombard you with messages several times a day; he’ll communicate exactly what you need.

We can always trust Jeff to get the job done. He’ll get things done within the agreed-upon budget. There are never any surprises.

They have a system where you can go online and check the status of everything yourself, but I prefer someone sending me those updates weekly. It’s really just a personal preference since some more tech-savvy people might not like to be contacted weekly.

My advice is to be very clear about what you want. The hard part is asking the questions since you might not know what to ask sometimes. Assumptions are never a good way to go. A site will only do what you want if you ask them to.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement.
    I use him as a partner in a lot of things we do.