Graphic Design & Web Design Agency

At Polar Creative we understand brands. Honing your image and bringing crucial exposure to your business is what we do best. From crafted logos, to website design and printed marketing material, cohesion and creativity are crucial to an effective marketing strategy. We work with companies across the UK, carefully assessing their objectives, their industry and their target audience, before offering objective advice on a design to match.

We thrive on innovation and individuality, creating for our clients a marketing persona as unique as their own.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
  • KEMP HOUSE, 152-160 CITY ROAD
    LONDON , LND EC1V 2NX

Teledyne E2V, Jump Street,  James Haskel,l Aldi, BiKBBI, Assurelink Home, Defence Leaders, Esher Rugby Club, Protect My Install, Essex Cricket, RGH Rubber, Wild+Bear
Arma Karma Website & Brand Development Image

Arma Karma Website & Brand Development

Arma Karma approached Polar to help support the development of their brand and digital platform. We worked closely with Arma Karma to deliver a fresh and modern new face for Insurance.

Bartellas Restaurant Rebrand Image

Bartellas Restaurant Rebrand

Bartellas were looking for a local design agency to support the development of their restaurant. The owners were looking to inject some new inspiration through design. From our guidance, a rebrand and modernisation were proposed and accepted. Developing the brand would be key to appealing to a broader audience as well as improving on the already five-star experience at Bartellas. The resulting outcome of this project was a

clean, modern and dynamic new brand. Easy to apply as well as a new digital platform to showcase their food, restaurant and events.
Company Brand Development  Image

Company Brand Development

Having recently been acquired by Teledyne, e2v tasked Polar with developing a contemporary visual style for their in-house marketing collateral. Through idea generation, concept development, meetings and review sessions, Polar were able to create the perfect visual style. This style was incorporated into a number of differing materials, including new designs for White Papers, Brochures, Posters, Exhibition Graphics,

Digital Displays and Guidelines, all of which could be used across Teledyne e2v’s global locations.
Hancock & Parsons Branding Image

Hancock & Parsons Branding

Hancock & Parsons approached Polar with a relatively cautious approach having previously had negative experiences of both branding and website design. Polar suggested a phased approach to establish a strong branding foundation of which to fully develop and build the business on. This involved discovery and research phases as well as round table discussions. The results were a modern and dynamic new brand, appealing to both

the businesses and candidates that Hancock & Parsons work with. The new platform has given them a great springboard for future success and growth.
GSMA Report Design & Artworking Image

GSMA Report Design & Artworking

The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with almost 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem. The Polar team have been working closely with The GSMA to create a variety of A4 reports – keeping each of those reports in line with their brand guidelines but also adding our own Polar touch to things. This is just a glimpse of one of the reports.

RGH Rebrand Image

RGH Rebrand

RGH Approached Polar looking to develop their existing brand to bring them into a new and modern era. Their brand had real value in recognition, so it was our task to keep the well know visuals and name but to add a new feel to the brand. Stripping back the concept and working closely with the RGH team meant we could effectively learn about where the business had grown from and where it was heading. Allowing us to plan how the

structure of the brand and its services would work. The result, a clean, dynamic and powerful statement brand with a very flexible application capability!
Wild & Bear Website Design Image

Wild & Bear Website Design

Wild+Bear Wilderness Experiences wanted to develop a new brand and website from the ground up. Working with a small team, local to them was very important. Knowing that we work very closely with our customers meant that Wild+Bear could present their vision and we could work on an outcome together as a collaborative effort. The simple new brand allowed for imagery to do all of the talking. With rustic textures and colours, the

brand really stood out in a very white and clean market. With Wild+Bear looking to appeal to a new trend of outdoor and rustic weddings. The site, being a full front end CMS meant that the Wild+Bear team could easily update, change and adapt going forward. Giving them a brilliant platform to grow from.
The Stair Climbing Company Brand & Website Image

The Stair Climbing Company Brand & Website

The Stair Climbing Company is the UK’s exclusive reseller for KSP Italia who have manufactured and supplied stair climbers across the globe for over 25 years. The Stair Climbing Company approached Polar to create a new and streamlined brand identity that re-aligned them to fit with their reputation for quality service and products. Through the brand evaluation we created a new logo mark along with a unified visual

style that has changed the face of the business whilst also creating a visual language that can be used to create consistency across all their communications.

Alongside the development of the evolving brand, the Polar team were also approached to build a new website that communicated who The Stair Climbing Company were and what they were offering in terms of service and products. As a team, we supported the design, development and build of the website, as well as content creation, photography, video and printed marketing materials.

Assurelink Brand Development & Website Design Image

Assurelink Brand Development & Website Design

Assurelink Home were looking for a partnership agency to help them launch their new product. This would involve ongoing brand, marketing and digital support from the Polar team across both a local and national marketplace. The product, being so dynamic and scalable meant that we had to consider both B2C and B2B potential allowing Assurelink to have a digital platform flexible for change but also clear, simple and on message.

Polar are currently managing and developing this project on and ongoing basis and will be providing updates throughout 2020.
Defence Leaders Rebrand Image

Defence Leaders Rebrand

Formerly TDNUK, Defence Leaders approached Polar with a view to build a new online platform in which to showcase and manage their events globally. From our initial discussions and planning, we proposed a complete rebrand and relaunch of a new and more strategic brand alignment. This involved the development of a new crest, inline with the company vision and objectives alongside a CMS website allowing the internal team to have

full customisation of their website whilst keeping on brand and on message. The results were a powerful and recognisable new brand supported by a high end website build.
Reacton Website Design Image

Reacton Website Design

Website Design for Reacton!

TPMG Corporate Brochure  Image

TPMG Corporate Brochure

TPMG required full branding design to get them off the ground. Polar helped by firstly creating a brand mark from the vision of the team at TPMG. The brand mark incorporated the use of a dynamic line and triangle system, a simplistic yet striking design that perfectly reflected their style and image. Once created, we applied the visuals to the company’s corporate brochure, highlighting the key elements and strategies of TPMG.

The brochure needed to be clean and concise, whilst offering a professional insight into the business
BiKBBI Website Design Image

BiKBBI Website Design

Having previously met Damian Walters, CEO at the BiKBBI, at the Essex Business Awards, Polar were tasked with bringing the BiKBBI’s website up to a level which reflected its quality services. From the outset, it was clear that incorporating previous branding would be crucial for creating a seamless transition between websites for existing members. It was also important that the website was user-friendly and enticed new members

to join. Over a number of meetings, Polar gathered the necessary information to build a brief for this project. Using a live website preview, the team arranged an ongoing review process with the BiKBBI, enabling us to test a range of design techniques and customise the technology so that it best suited their specific requirements.
Jump Street Website Design Image

Jump Street Website Design

Jump Street approached Polar with an exciting mission: to inject the energy of their activities into their brand and create a range of dynamic multimedia.

Alongside the development of the Jump Street brand, Polar were also set the task of building a fresh new website platform that could host their online booking service. The goal was to create a site that showcased the activities on offer at Jump Street while seamlessly

facilitating the process of online booking. Although the site needed to create a simple conversion system, it also needed to include exciting new features such as imagery, video and integrated social media platforms.

The site has been designed to be at the forefront of indoor trampoline park design and website builds. The Polar team has supported the design, development and build of the site alongside content creation, photography, video, drone footage and marketing.

Web Design & Branding for Insurance Technology Company

"They don't just meet the standards you were looking for, but also exceed them."

Jan. - Sept. 2020

Polar Creative provided branding services for an insurance technology company. The team went on to design the client's website, applying the new branding designs.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Ben Smyth
CEO & Founder, Arma Karma

The new branding and website designs exceeding the expectations of the internal team, translating their vision into reality. Polar Creative successfully produces eye-catching designs that stand out from the crowd. The team is creative and easy to work with.

I am CEO & Founder of a new start-up insurtech, Arma Karma.

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

As a start-up, we required assistance in building a brand, and comprehensive quality website capable of converting D2C leads.

• Full branding for Arma Karma
  • A comprehensive and effective website, with brand consistency

How did you select Polar Creative?

We undertook an exercise with 5 creative and website development agencies, of which Polar Creative came out on top. They understood the vision and instantly gave us the comfort that they were the right team to take on the job.

Once we selected Polar, we had an initial kick-off meeting to get all ideas and vision on the table. From there we went through a series of draft templates and propositions from the team, which quickly became a reality.

We had direct and regular contact with Lee, who project managed the entire process, allowing us not to brief a number of individuals.

Choosing Polar turned out to be one of our best business decisions to date. Lee and the team at Polar have the ability to quickly understand an initial vision and develop something far greater than we could have even envisioned ourselves. It goes without saying that we are making the decision to keep Polar as a key creative cog in our business going forward.

Very effective. One primary contact allowed all the project management to be done on their side. Always met deadlines and completed the job to a fantastic standard.

The desire to go above and beyond impressed us. They don't just meet the standards you were looking for, but also exceed them.

None

Branding for Wedding & Event Entertainment Company

"I was made to feel comfortable and completely at ease during every step of the creative process."

Oct. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Polar Creative provided branding services for a wedding and event entertainment company. The team created a logo and chose a range of colors, fonts, and word placements.

Reading, United Kingdom
Laura Messin
Self-Employed, Laura Messin Singer

The brand identity helped the client establish a professional business, which has received positive feedback from customers. Polar Creative responds quickly to questions and adapts to feedback. The team is hard-working, creative, and personable.

I set up Laura Messin Singer officially in January 2020 and provide wedding and event entertainment.

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

I contacted Lee and the team at Polar in September 2020 as I wanted to create branding for my soon to be business and this felt like a natural place to start.

My goals for this project was to create a logo that reflected the business I was building: fresh and personal. I hoped that creating the branding would help me turn my passion in to a professional service- and it did exactly that.

I was recommended to Polar via a mutual contact and I had seen his other branding projects via Instagram and their website. As I was setting this business up on my own it was incredible to have Lee and his team to bounce my ideas off of. After my initial consultation I was sold on working with Polar and confident they were going to create the branding I was hoping for.

After my initial consultation, I was asked to create a brand personality profile and to give my initial ideas for my logo and branding. From there, Polar presented me with their first ideas- a range of colours, fonts, word placement etc.

From there we worked on narrowing it down and editing the parts that I was unsure of. I would say it took around 3 to 4 adjustments until we arrived at the final design- which I am so pleased with. The final designs were sent over in a range of formats.

I worked mostly with Lee who is the director of the company, he had great energy and ideas. He really listened to what I was saying and managed to extract the important pieces of information to create my branding.

From finalising my branding I have been able to establish myself as a professional business, created my website and built my following on social media channels. I have received really positive feedback on the branding.

I cannot fault Polar when it came to managing to project. Their response time was incredibly fast and they exceeded my expectations.

Polar's service was incredibly personalised. I was a complete novice when I contacted them initially- I had no clue what I was looking for in my branding, except that I wanted it to capture me as a singer; they did that beautifully. I was made to feel comfortable and completely at ease during every step of the creative process. I would recommend them time and time again.

I think Polar Creative are naturally growing, expanding and progressing. Keep doing what you're doing!

Conference Brochure Re-Design for Defence Exhibit

"I was happy with the entire experience."

Feb. - Mar. 2020

A defence event firm needed to redesign its conference brochure and onsite materials for its flagship event. After an initial meeting, Polar Creative delivered more dynamic brochures and conference materials

Essex, United Kingdom
Product Director, Defence Conference Planner

Feedback from conference attendees was positive, with compliments to how the design improved navigation. The team at Polar Creative was very easy to communicate with, quickly answering all queries and accommodating all asks.

I am the Product Director leading a team who and produce and operate a diverse portfolio of engaging B2B conferences for the military / defence sector. We are dedicated to creating customer-centric conferences and exhibitions catered to the specific needs of the Defence marketplace.

Each event provides briefings and in-depth analysis of future requirements, facilitating thought leadership, networking and brand awareness throughout the Defence community.

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

We were looking to redesign the conference brochure and onsite materials for our flagship event. As out flagship event had grown in size and scope, we needed to come up with something for our attendees which was easy to digest, was clearly labelled and showed multiple conference streams and locations along with the content in a more cohesive way.

The goal was to retain our professional image and brand identity, whilst injecting some more dynamism into the conference materials.

We wanted the content to be more more engaging, to improve the readability of the materials and get guidance on positioning and layout.

After working with Polar previously on the design and development of our website, we felt they best understood our brand concept and it was very easy to pick up where we left off.

We had an initial meeting where we looked at our current materials, other conference organiser's materials and looked at some concepts put together by Lee.

From herein, Polar and my team were able to work together mostly via email, with a final meeting in person when we close to finishing the project. The process was easy and fluid and Polar were on hand to take care of all of the requirements we had, even updates and changes with little notice from our side.

I worked with Lee and Jess, I don't know who else was involved, but they were both fab!

Feedback from across the community onsite at the event stated how well received the new look brochure and conference materials were and easy it was to navigate the event, thanks to the re-design.

Really easy to communicate with, very open to and quick to respond to emails, or pick up the phone whenever we needed. Very accommodating and great with the feedback we provided them in terms of direction and changes to the product.

The speed in which they worked and their willingness to work with our needs.

I was happy with the entire experience.

Website Design for Study Guide Company

"The most impressive thing about Polar was their desire to produce something of extremely high quality."

Feb. - Aug. 2019

Polar Creative built and later updated a website for a high school study guide company. The team worked to give the site a more professional look with increased functionality.

Chelmsford, England
Tim Foot
Founder, Tim Foot Study Skills

The team immediately received overwhelmingly positive feedback on the site's redesign. Polar Creative is dedicated and creative, iterating on designs to find the perfect fit for their clients. The team produces quality results in a collaborative and timely manner.

Tim Foot Study Skills publishes study guides for high schools. I am the founder.

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

Polar Creative did a website for us in 2015 and we wanted to update it again in 2019 to give it a more professional look, make it more user-friendly and with increased functionality.

We wanted our website to look as attractive as our competitors and to see an increase in traffic.

That was easy. We have been working with Polar since 2015 and in addition to a previous website they produced for us, they have also done the artwork for our new study guides as well as updating existing ones. We have always been pleased with the quality of their work and enjoy a very positive working relationship.

We wrote a specification for the new website and following an initial meeting Polar produced a project brief. They then produced some design ideas and after our feedback, this was refined so that it met our needs. This process of Polar producing design ideas, followed by joint discussions and refinement went on for the rest of the project.

Lee

The feedback we got from customers was immediate and wholly positive. On the back of this, we've set up a variety of digital advertising campaigns for the first time, particularly on LinkedIn.

Pretty much perfect but if I had to pick one thing, communication is an area Polar could improve. There are inevitably problems and delays along the way in such projects but we could have been better informed about these and how they impacted on the overall timescale/deadline. All along I knew they were working hard to progress the project but more regular communication would have helped.

The most impressive thing about Polar was their desire to produce something of extremely high quality. They were unstinting in their efforts to find the right solution and persisted until we were delighted with the work. Lee was always ready to hear our ideas and views, take them on board and produce an end result which fully met our needs. Extremely easy to work with.

Just the improvement in communication.

Branding & Web Development for Mobility Products Company

“They really do come through in the end, and the quality of their creative work is outstanding.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Polar Creative established a stronger identity for a mobility company. They melded two existing sites and created a user-friendly new site from scratch. They made imagery recommendations and maintained SEO.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Emma Persey
Managing Director, The Stair Climbing Company

Customer feedback is positive, and the new site draws more attention to the brand. Polar Creative is responsive, and their deliverables often exceed expectations. They make good suggestions and offer fair prices.

We've been growing for about six years, and we offer mobility products for our clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Polar Creative?

We hoped to grow the business further with a more professional identity. We were starting to become established in our market, and we hoped to maintain a warm, family feel while presenting a stronger brand image.

Initially, we hoped to meld two websites into one. Neither site was very user-friendly, and they helped us create something that allowed customers to navigate the site efficiently. They helped us establish an identity that was relatable and that could grow as we expanded. We also looked at various marketing opportunities, and we used the branding materials and the website as a central hub to draw customers in.

They developed the content from scratch, but they wanted to maintain some of the existing structures from the old sites. They simplified some of the content, and they helped us add some very professional video content. They recommended the company that did our imagery, and they made sure everything had a professional, high-quality look.

They asked us what we wanted, and they provided three options to choose from. They played with the one we liked the best, and we had a few opportunities to refine everything. In the end, the concept was theirs, but everything suited the brand very well.

We had a creative lead, and we also worked with their copywriter to make sure the SEO was right. A third team member helped us with tasks after the initial development was complete.

How did you come to work with Polar Creative?

I found them in a Google search. Their branding really stood out, and their portfolio was quite impressive. When I phoned them, they got back instantly and were very friendly. We met with them to discuss their options, and they made suggestions for potential packages and pricing. Based on all that, we decided to hire them.

We initially agreed on £6,000 for the website and the initial contract. They've gone on to other tasks, and the total cost is less than £10,000 so far.

We've worked together since around April 2019, and the engagement is ongoing.

We're still in early days, but customer feedback is positive. Their work certainly draws more attention to the brand.

How did Polar Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is something they can work to improve. I've aired my concerns to them, and we've overcome several issues through face-to-face meetings. They have a clearer impression of what we want, but they could be more focused.

The end result exceeds all our expectations. They really do come through in the end, and the quality of their creative work is outstanding. They respond well in production, and they get the job done. I may be a little bit hard on them; they're a very good company. Their prices are also very fair.

As I mentioned, their project management is their greatest area for improvement.

Arrange face-to-face meetings with them. It takes time to understand a business, so be prepared to explain everything you want.

Logo & Branding Efforts for Freelance Copywriter

"I was so impressed with how they brought passion into their work."

Mar. - June 2018

Polar Creative handled the branding as well as website and print design services for a freelance copywriter. Their team completed all the stages of the branding process and designed the partner's new logo.

Chelmsford, England
Holly Williams
Freelance Copywriter , The Architext

Polar Creative's high-quality direction and advice developed the partner's new brand. Their team was creative with designs and receptive to needs. They made the collaboration seamless by implementing an effective workflow. Coupling passion and simplicity, they delivered top-quality work.

Freelance copywriter

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

Website design, branding, print design

To create a dynamic brand that could be used across all online and offline content.

Recommended through a friend.

Polar took me through the whole branding process which was refreshingly simple - including logo design, web design, and print design.

Myself and the director, lee, worked together through the whole design process.

Their advice gave me so much direction for developing my brand, and I would not be where I am today without them.

Excellent - the team are so creative, and receptive to my needs.

I was so impressed with how they brought passion into their work.

N/A

Branding & Website Design for Outdoor Events Company

"We've had brilliant feedback from the public as well as local celebs!"

Sept. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Polar Creative provided branding and website development. Their team developed initial concepts and design principles.

Chelmsford
Co-Founder, Outdoor Events Company

Polar Creative has increased engagement and followers in a short period of time. They were easy to work with and very personable.

Wild+Bear is an Outdoor & Rustic Event, Wedding & Prop Hire Specialists based in Chelmsford, Essex. I am a co-founder.

For what projects/services did your company hire Polar Creative?

We chose Polar to develop our brand and a new website platform.

We needed a clean, modern brand. Something that would stand the test of time and let our imagery do the talking. We needed something that would put us on the map.

We chose Polar based on their previous work, awards and great customer reviews!

We worked closely with Polar's team to develop an initial brand and website concepts in line with our vision and core beliefs. From here, Polar began to really bring the brand to life and we were very involved in the process. This involved numerous meetings as well as round table discussions. The process was great fun!

We worked with Lee and Jess.

We started picking up social followers and initial enquires within 1 week. We've had brilliant feedback from the public as well as local celebs!

Seamless. No complaints!

Just being easy to work with, personable and understanding our needs.

Minimal, perhaps adding some new in house services such as photography would be amazing!

Overall Score Very little to fault with Polar. A lovely team, very good work and a growing local business. Would highly recommend them.
    Fast, effective and always met deadlines
    Polar were not the cheapest but value for money was very very good.
    High quality work, ideas and teamwork
    I already have!