Award-Winning. Live-Action. Heart. Comedy. Story.

BRONZE VERIFIED

12 Fortune 500s & brands you know. Pluck means heart. Pluck makes high-quality award-winning tv commercials and branded content with heart. We're based in Los Angeles and New York City, and we work with brands and clients worldwide. We do live action, drama, VFX, and comedy.

2019
Los Angeles, CA
  • 11271 Ventura Blvd. #492
    Los Angeles, CA 91604
  • 228 Park Ave #55187
    New York, NY 10003

CapitalOne MassMutual Mastercard Indiegogo PepsiCo Apartments.com DealDash AT&T BMW UCLA Tufts University

PluckyStudios 2019 Summer Reel #1

Our very first showreel after becoming PluckyStudios! Visit us at http://pluckystudios.com

Video Production for The Founder by Coverpath

A social media video campaign we wrote, directed, shot, edited, and produced for a Fortune 500 company. This is episode 8: The Founder.

Video Production for Apartments.com Commercial

A TV commercial for Apartments.com

Episode 7 our a social media video series for an insurance company

Barbeques Galore Commercial

Be the Changemaker Corporate Video

B2B corporate video production we made for a Fortune 500.

Life Insurance at the Speed of Life

Brand launch corporate video for MassMutual.

A social media video campaign we wrote, directed, shot, edited, and produced for a Fortune 500 company. This is episode 10: What's Up, Doc?.

Video Production for Soup Retailer

"The personal attention that was given to my project stood out to me."

June - Nov. 2018

Pluck. (A creative studio) produced a video for an online soup retailer. The team wrote a script, sourced actors, scouted locations, shot, and edited the holiday commercial

Ed Covino
Owner, CEO, Bes'Dam Soup

The commercial has tripled online sales, with a noticeable bump in web traffic occurring right after it airs. Pluck. (A creative studio) is attentive and personable, prioritizing the needs of the client. The team goes above and beyond to achieve results.

I am the owner and CEO of Bes'Dam Soup. We produce our own line of gourmet, homestyle soups, bisques and chili. We distribute these through our e-commerce store.

For what projects/services did your company hire Pluck. (A creative studio)?

I was in need of production of a national TV commercial for my brand, Bes'dam Soup. After research and reference checks, I hired Patrick Ortman of Pluck Studios.

This project was part a a national branding campaign blitz. This commercial's goal was to give an initial introduction to the viewers. It needed to get their attention, convey the goods and entice them to visit the site.

I researched other vendors in this area and checked references on all. I selected Pluck, because Patrick not only had great experience and references, but also showed a sincere desire for the project and my company. through several conversations, he got to know our story; how we've grown our business to a national level, and now, how vital this project was to us.

Patrick and I had several meetings about the national campaign and what this commercial needed to contribute. He then wrote the script, recruited actors, chose a shoot location and produced the commercial. He handled all post-production editing, sound, etc.

After it was finished, he even worked with media/ advertising agencies to ensure that the finished product was in the proper format for these advertisers to use. I believe that most companies would not have gotten involved with that, but Patrick helped, without charging me.

I worked directly with Patrick. He was the liason between the crew of 4-5, in addition to the actors who were hired.

This project had immediate positive results for the company. We track website hits and sales each time the commercial airs. This very successful project has resulted in more than tripling of online sales. I could not be more satisfied with the work of Patrick and Pluck studios!

It was smooth and beautiful! Patrick and his entire Pluck team are knowledgable, professional and a pleasure to work with.

The personal attention that was given to my project stood out to me. This is new territory to me, and I knew that I was in the best of hands with Patrick. I felt that he gave me the same commitment to detail and perfection that he would give to a multi-million dollar client. He knows his profession extremely well and is a pro from initial contact to well after production.

Also, while in LA for the shoot, a had a local family member come by who is in the business. He is usually easily impressed, but was VERY impressed by how he saw production. He confirmed that I was in excellent hands!

I really can't think of anything. I've already described my exceptional experience with Pluck. The final completed project came out great, looked sharp and has been branding & generating revenues for the company!

Overall Score Pluck is a top-notch team, with a commitment to each client's needs. They exhibit a commitment to perfection and pride in the work that they do!
    Great, he was flexible with my needs, but also kept us on a good, disciplined timetable.
    A good, fair price. I explained my budget in the beginningm, and I am very happy with the value of the results.
    Outstanding! The final edited commercial is fantastic and professional.
    I already refer them!

Commercial Production Support to Promote Product Launch

“PatrickOrtman, Inc.’s willingness to adjust to our changing needs stood out as exceptionally impressive.”

Apr. 2018 - June 2018

PatrickOrtman, Inc. supported the production of a branding and commercial video in its entirety. They collaborated on the script, scouted acting talent and locations, and filmed several cuts of various length.

Alexander Eburne
CEO, Purpose Built Inc

PatrickOrtman, Inc. produced high caliber video assets that were fundamental to product launch. Due in large part to these deliverables, the company exceeded launch goals more than ten times over.  An organized workflow and reliable, open discourse made the experience feel effortless.

Prepdeck is an innovative, patent-pending kitchen accessory that helps keep things organized, tidy and stress-free in the kitchen. I'm the founder and CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire PatrickOrtman, Inc.?

We hired Patrick Ortman to help with the end to end execution of our first commercial and branding video.

Our objective was to create a sleek, forward-thinking and well-branded production. Ideally, the video aimed to balance an aspirational quality with the broader appeal of our product’s functional operations. We needed multiple edits that varied from 30 seconds up to two minutes in duration.

I assessed PatrickOrtman, Inc.’s previous work. After multiple conversations with Patrick (Founder & Partner, PatrickOrtman, Inc.), I felt confident his team was the right choice. He took the time to understand our needs and goals. I could immediately tell that he was thorough and could deliver a quality product in line with our vision, no matter what effort that required.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Patrick took a deep dive into our business to understand our product, target customer base, and overarching goals. We worked collaboratively to write a script, select locations, and vet actors. From there, they flawlessly executed the project from start to finish. We had some last-minute needs and requests, which they always happily accommodated. They delivered what we needed time and time again.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

PatrickOrtman, Inc. maintained a robust line of communication throughout the entire process. They strictly managed timelines, resources, and deliverables. Patrick was always in control and made sure we felt informed at all times

We used the commercial and brand video to successfully launch our brand in Summer 2018. The video assets PatrickOrtman, Inc. produced were a significant factor in our success. We beat our initial launch goals by more than ten times.  I have no doubt that Patrick's work played a critical role in those stellar results.

The collaboration was excellent. PatrickOrtman, Inc made everything feel comfortable. Our communication was clean and crisp. It was helpful that we agreed on most things. Even when we had different opinions, our incredibly valuable conversations would lead to the best result.

Overall, the quality of the final result is the most notable criteria for our engagement. I admired the ease with which they worked. PatrickOrtman, Inc.’s willingness to adjust to our changing needs stood out as exceptionally impressive

Video Production for Transportation Company

“They were down to earth and very easy to work with.”

Jan. - Mar. 2018

PatrickOrtman, Inc. planned and produced a commercial-style brand video to educate the client’s customer base on the services they offer.

Newark, New Jersey
Nicholas Racioppo
Owner, NPD Logistics

The team worked collaboratively in creating a storyboard and covered all topics in a marketable way. The video has gotten a significant amount of positive feedback on social media and on the client’s site. The engagement exceeded the client’s expectations on all accounts.

I’m the president and owner of NPD Logistics. We’re a full-service transportation company.

What challenge were you trying to address with PatrickOrtman, Inc.?

We visited several clients last year over the holidays and noticed that some didn’t know about our full range of services. To address this issue, we decided to create an educational video that explains everything we offer.

We were looking to create a commercial-style brand video that incorporated all of the various transportation services we offer. We wanted to avoid sounding like an infomercial, and I didn’t want to be in it personally. The PatrickOrtman team created a storyboard and I was able to send notes on areas for emphasis. After some minor revisions, we filmed and compiled on-site footage with several of our clients. There were no props, no stages, and no stock photos/b-roll. The final video is a minute and five seconds long. He had full control over creative direction, and we’re very happy with the end product.

I worked closely with Patrick (Founder & Partner, PatrickOrtman, Inc.), and we worked with two other team members on the day we were filming.

How did you come to work with PatrickOrtman, Inc.?

We were researching agencies with extensive video experience on Google, and after meeting with the PatrickOrtman team, we were confident that they could produce high-quality content.

We started working together in January 2018, and we shot at the end of February. They just finished editing and delivered the final product.

Upon its completion, we posted the video on our site and across several social media platforms. The quality of the video is excellent, and the feedback we’ve received has been very positive. We’re a small business and the video helps us stand out from our competitors.

How did PatrickOrtman, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Patrick managed the project very well. At the beginning of the project, he asked for a formal timeline and I didn’t need it rushed at all, which decreased the price.

During the project I had a chance to sit down with Patrick and his team for lunch, and I was very impressed by their professionalism. They were down to earth and very easy to work with. I was skeptical at the beginning of the engagement, but they did a phenomenal job. I would recommend them to anyone looking to produce a strategic video for their business.

No, nothing comes to mind.

We didn’t have strict deadlines, but he finished everything within a reasonable timeframe.
    He went above and beyond our expectations and stayed within our budget.
    Patrick was very responsive and made changes efficiently.

BRONZE VERIFIED