Shopify PLUS Partner

Pivofy is a Chicago based boutique agency specialized in implementing end-to-end ecommerce solutions, executing holistic brand-driven and user-centric strategies, creating exceptional web and mobile user experiences, integrating comprehensive omnichannel ecosystems and shaping the most emerging technologies and platforms. . We build functional, state of the art, high-performing conversion-optimized and results-driven ecommerce websites.

We help companies transform their great ideas into commercial successes.

Our services are peerless in quality because they are responsive to your needs, changes, and questions throughout the entire process. When viewing our portfolio, caution for extreme awesomeness is advised! We work with you to find the vision that is unique to your brand. Our services are affordable and scalable to fit your specific needs.

Our team has years and years of experience and is dedicated to helping clients maximize potential. We pledge to provide a premium service that will surpass all expectations. Without a doubt, we will meet all deadlines and will blow you away with our creativity.

Whenever you have questions or concerns, we’ll be there ready to help. Are you ready to take your eCommerce business to the next level? Contact us now and we’ll get the ball rolling.

Chicago, IL
  • 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212
    Chicago, IL 60654

Truman's, Sanitaire®, NoveFerrum®, Pawstruck, Bostitch®, Vosges Chocolate, Mata Traders, Supcase, RxBar, Kalorik®
Truman's Image

Truman's

Design, development and Integrations to Shopify. Subscribtion business.

Projects Furniture Image

Projects Furniture

Migration to Shopify / New User Experience Design / Custom Theme Development / Platform Integrations

Mata Traders Image

Mata Traders

Migration to Shopify / New User Experience Design / Shopify Theme Development / Platform Integrations / Data Migration

RuMe Image

RuMe

Shopify PLUS / New User Experience Design / Custom Theme Development / Platform Integrations / Conversion Rate Optimisations / Information Architecture Design

Cubii Image

Cubii

Ecommerce design, development and integrations.

I-Blason Image

I-Blason

New design, development and integrations. Migration from Magento to Shopify PLUS.

E-Commerce Development for Retail Company

"The relationship was 100% collaborative."

Nov. 2015 - July 2016

Pivofy handled re-platforming, including web design and development, of an e-commerce website geared towards businesses. The work initially used Magento 2 but was redeveloped in Magento 1.9 to work on Shopify.

Guy Rotberg
Director of Digital Media, Streamline Importing Inc.

Pivofy’s work was well received by key partners, and the design and functionalities have been well executed. Because of the updated platform, revenue has grown 12 times higher year over year. The Pivofy team was responsive and delivered on all requirements, even when they changed.

Streamline is a manufacturer and wholesaler of home decors and gifts. The company was established in 1991 and has around 15 employees.

I am the director of digital media for the company. As a wholesaler, most of our marketing work had been offline and through trade shows. I was hired to bring the company into the next century by giving it an online presence. This includes online marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pivofy?

We needed to build an e-commerce website which catered to businesses, rather than end-customers. In the past, we had a catalog site which didn't fit our products in terms of look-and-feel or functionality. The design needed to be renovated, making it more current and brand-oriented. We also wanted to allow current and future customers to purchase directly from the site, rather than through email or fax.

Pivofy handled our entire re-platforming, including the website design and development. I managed the project together with their project manager. We created a product requirements document which included all specifications and functionalities desired. We also started with a design requirements document, which included what we had in mind and examples of website concepts that we liked and didn't like. Pivofy took our requests and interpreted them, giving us a few designs, out of which we chose one. The relationship was 100% collaborative.

We initially chose the Magento 2 platform for the project. When the website was close to being live, we discussed some issues with Pivofy and realized that Magento 2 was not mature enough to handle everything we wanted. Magento 1.9 websites couldn't be updated to the 2.0 version, so our choice was to either stick to 1.9, or try Magento 2 for additional scalability. When we reached the conclusion that the platform wasn't stable enough, Pivofy offered to rebuild the whole site on a new platform for a much lower rate, just to make us happy. We're currently using the Shopify platform, and are very happy with it.

How did you come to work with Pivofy?

I am a member of an e-commerce forum which features recommendations from other users. I saw a post about Pivofy, and contacted the company, along with other service providers. I immediately clicked with their principal, who was very personable, flexible and responsive, so we started working with Pivofy.

How much have you invested with Pivofy?

This information is confidential.

We started working with Pivofy in November 2015. The project ended in July 2016. While the project has been closed out according to our agreement, if we need additional development, Pivofy will be our first choice.

The site's visitors are strictly our customers; even though they care about the design, the main concern is being able to buy products from us in an easy fashion. The results were well-accepted by all partner companies. One of the managers of our company is a designer; she was involved in the site development and has been very happy with the site's design and functionality.

Results-wise, compared to 2015, our revenue was 12 times higher. Regardless of what the feedback might be, this figure speaks for itself.

How did Pivofy perform from a project management standpoint?

Pivofy was very responsive, listened to everything we wanted, and was accepting of our requirements, even when we changed them drastically. Pivofy never disengaged with us while working on the project, which is something I experienced with many other developers. Usually, a company working on multiple projects will only be able to provide a limited number of hours per customer. Even though Pivofy was working on other projects, we never felt that this was the case with them.

We used Basecamp and Google Docs for our collaboration.

What did you find most impressive about Pivofy?

Besides the personality of Pivofy's principal (who knows how to communicate, how to be responsive, as well as how to design and develop, I've found that the agency is able to provide design, development and consulting for which platform would be best. This is very important for future customers.

Are there any areas Pivofy could improve?

There is nothing I could think of right now. I was very happy with Pivofy.

Most delays were on our end.
    We negotiated a good deal with Pivofy. They also offered a reasonable deal for the changes we made.
    Everything I've mentioned speaks for itself.

Shopify Project for Honey E-tailer

"I have absolute faith in their ability to solve problems."

Jun. 2016 - Dec. 2016

Pivofy built a brand new e-commerce website, logo, and branding strategy for a startup launch. Work continues to improve the functionality of the shopping cart and other items.

Charlotte, North Carolina Area
CEO at Honey E-tailer

Pivofy helped the startup launch become a huge success. Sales are so strong that the client will have to restock product within 4 months and hire employees.

I am a beekeeper based in North Carolina producing artisanal honey for public consumption. We strictly have an e-commerce outlet. I am the owner and president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pivofy?

As with wine or olive oil, in recent years, honey is becoming the “in” food. I was right on the cusp of this, and I wanted to capture it. If it wasn't for Pivofy, I wouldn't have been able to do this.

Even though I've been completely successful in other ventures, I had never worked on an e-commerce site.

Pivofy completely designed the company site and set it up. We will be handling online advertising ourselves, through our CTO [chief technology officer]. Pivofy can work in both Magento and Shopify, but they urged us to use the latter. I'm not a technical person, so I listened to their expertise.

I have not met Pivofy's team in person, but I've dealt with their principal almost daily over email, and at least 1-2 times a week over the phone.

How did you come to work with Pivofy?

We were a startup at the time, so I couldn't drop large sums of money on a website. Our budget was set at under $20,000. I had a very specific vision for the site, namely to feature a 1940s pinup of a killer bee, similar to what can be seen on the fuselage of a B-29 bomber. It's a unique logo, on which I wanted to base the whole website and brand. I've worked for the government for close to 30 years in various aspects of law enforcement and defense, so I'm not a particularly peace-loving and understanding person. I wanted to express that voice in the website design. I'm also an NRA [National Rifle Association] life member, so my intention was to sell artisanal honey to other shooters. Pivofy caught that immediately, and they were spot-on.

Our CTO is a member of a large advertising company; she helped us through the request for proposal process. Pivofy was the only company to respond with a proposal that was not the typical boilerplate, fill-in-the-blank approach. This gave me trust in them. My wife was in Chicago at the time, so she visited Pivofy's office. We came to choose them over all other options.

How much have you invested with Pivofy?

The cost of Pivofy's services was under $15,000, which we could pay in 3 installments.

The site was completed 2 weeks ago, but Pivofy stayed in touch with me for additional changes on the site.

We hard-launched the site 2 weeks ago, and I already can't keep up with our orders. I've got a stock of about 1,200 pounds of honey, as well as other merchandise, and I don't know if it will last until March of next year. Instead of making a generic bee-themed site, Pivofy was able to capture my vision, including hexagonal pictures (which I understand is a pain to implement).

I've been spotlighted with links from the people buying our products. The site features images of empowered, beautiful women holding guns. My wife is a progressive liberal, so she had her doubts about this look. Even so, I've gotten comments from her friends (including a leading democratic strategist), telling me how good the site looked. They even bought our t-shirts and honey with AK-47s printed on the label.

My father was a Fortune 500 CEO [chief executive officer]. He is 95 years old now, so he doesn't understand the whole e-commerce concept. Still, after looking at my site, he told me that I am presenting an image which mirrors my vision. This came from a person who was responsible for tens of thousands of employees all over the world. Like any successful CEO, he is one of the most critical people that could look at a business plan.

I've received comments from Special Forces guys and operators whom I truly admire. All of them liked the site. My friend is one of the founders of an early cars website. He had some suggestions for me based on his experience, but he liked the overall design of the site. I've gotten zero negative comments about the site. It does have some bugs and responsiveness issues, but we're working through them.

How did Pivofy perform from a project management standpoint?

I live in the Eastern Standard zone and get up early every morning. I always find 3-4 emails from Pivofy early on. Pivofy fulfilled my contract in a timely manner, producing a successful site.

What did you find most impressive about Pivofy?

We haven't done any advertising or SEO [search engine optimization] for the site yet, but I'm watching the orders come in. Pivofy is pivotal in getting us started, so I'm going to make them our go-to developer. I have absolute faith in their ability to solve problems.

Are there any areas Pivofy could improve?

Pivofy's principal is Albanian, so there were some communication issues. Even so, we were able to work through them. I liken building a site to building a home. There was some tension, but we worked through it in order to accomplish the same goal.

Overall Score I may not know enough in order to properly judge Pivofy's work, but I am a critical person in general. They've met and surpassed my criteria.
    Some things took more time, and didn't work out on the first time. On the other hand, I was much more relaxed on the schedule than Pivofy.
    Pivofy met my financial goals unequivocally. They're continuing to work on the site, even though the main contract has ended.
    Pivofy's work is good. We have hexagonal images on the site, which is unusual in itself. Pivofy didn't know if that could be done, but they certainly tried and succeeded.
    I have absolutely no problems recommending Pivofy.

e-Commerce Development for Interior Design Studio

"We've had a wonderful experience with them [Pivofy]. ... It was very smooth, so no negatives."

May - Aug. 2016

Pivofy created the client’s new e-commerce Shopify website from scratch. The agency also offered SEO and marketing advice and remains available for edits post-launch.

Des Moines, Iowa
Interior Designer, Projects Contemporary Furniture

Pivofy delivered an effective website for the client that received significant traffic and positive feedback from its users. The agency is praised for their organization and ability to follow through in a timely manner.

Projects Contemporary Furniture is an interior design studio as well as a dealer for more than 50 contemporary European furniture lines. We also do interior design, and on our e-commerce site, we have an online interior design part of that as well. We're located in Des Moines, Iowa.

I am an interior designer, and I run most of the e-commerce site as well.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pivofy?

We wanted to be able to work directly with a developer and have our input in the design of our e-commerce site. We have worked with developers in the past, and you work more with the project manager than you do getting to give your direct input. I just had much more say with Denis [Dyli, founder at Pivofy] because he was the developer as well as the one I spoke to all the time. I wanted somebody who was a smaller firm where I could have much more input and talk directly with the developer and somebody who had a good design eye as well in creating the site – and the technical capabilities. He's a designer and a developer. To be able to create a new e-commerce site with the design and for a decent price, Denis is very fair when it came to pricing.

It was just from scratch a new e-commerce site with Shopify. Pivofy was very knowledgeable in the Shopify platform, and they were able to direct us to which platform works best for our size of business and what we sell. We chose Shopify with their expertise on that. They started doing the rough design of the site. We signed a contract based on that. We did the design phase where we were able to work back and forth, and I had a lot of input on the design and all the directions we wanted to go with it.

Also, there was implementing the Consult a Designer portion of the e-commerce site, which was a custom development. That's the online interior design service that we offer. They were able to develop that based on what I told him I needed. Then, the development phase, he was able to develop a nice product that was in line with the design we agreed on. It looks very nice, and I was able to give a lot of feedback. He was always prompt in responding to my changes in that phase as well.

It was just e-commerce development. He offered some advice on that and gave me some SEO [search engine optimization] and marketing people that he's worked with before, but I don't think he specializes in that.

How did you come to work with Pivofy?

We were originally looking just in Des Moines, then I opened up my search to surrounding cities, and Chicago is one of the closer ones. I think I was reading reviews online; I might even have been on Clutch at one point too. I just read from reviews and sent out a few email requests, and he was the first at getting back to me and was very eager to talk more about the project. I went with him because he gave me a rough design of the site to start, and it seemed like he did his research on our brand and what we're about. He just seemed like the most eager and the most on top of things out of who I was looking at.

It was slightly more than $10,000. I want to say $11,000 or $12,000.

It's completed. We started in May and launched in mid-July. We've paid and everything, but he has a 30-day post-launch where he'll still make edits when I request them.

Many of our old customers have been coming and saying how much they love the new site. We've gained a lot of traffic from people that didn't know we were in Des Moines and found us in surrounding areas like Omaha or just throughout the Midwest. I know it's our e-commerce site, but it's brought people into our brick-and-mortar site as well just having that online presence.

How did Pivofy perform from a project management standpoint?

Pivofy did very well. They had a nice platform that we used to be able to discuss things back and forth. It was all very organized. It was a very quick response back. I think it sent us both emails when either of us was to reply to a comment. It was mostly all online. We had a couple in-person visits. He was very prompt, organized, and all good things.

What distinguishes Pivofy from other providers?

We've actually worked with developers in the past and, sometimes, there's good promises and just not as great of results. Pivofy brought the results, gave us a great product and did it in a timely manner as well, which we appreciated.

For me, what I liked was I had a vision going into it, and Denis was open to my ideas. I felt like we accomplished a lot because I was able to share my vision with him, and we were on the same page with that. Know what you want going into it, but then again, from the other side, he might be just as good as at just coming up with the ideas from scratch, too. I would say reach out and give him a shot and see what his mockup is like and see if you guys are on the same page and see what he has to offer.

Is there anything Pivofy could have improved or done differently?

No, not really. We've had a wonderful experience with them. Especially compared to other experiences, we've enjoyed the process. It was very smooth, so no negatives.

They were really good.

Website Redesign for Online Retailer

"The project went very smoothly. I've worked with other agencies in the past and sometimes communication is the hard part. Communication with Pivofy was easy and transparent."

Pivofy redesigned the client’s website from the ground up. The scope of the agency’s responsibility was the entire technical development of each page of the website.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Kyle Goguen
Owner, Pawstruck.com

Pivofy contributed to a website that is significantly improved when compared to its previous iteration. The client notes that their conversion rate and traffic have both risen and that their visitors are staying on the site longer.

Pawstruck.com is an online retailer of healthy, natural pet products, specifically dog treats and dog chews. We sell directly to consumer online through our website and a couple other channels.

I am the owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pivofy?

We had an old Magento website that we used. We were having many technical issues that were above my head. Loading time on the pages was slow and was affecting our business. We were looking to do a redesign to update the website and make it responsive.

Pivofy completely redesigned the site from the ground up. We used many of the same creative elements in terms of branding and logo, but everything else was redesigned. From product page to home page to status pages – from a technical standpoint – that was 100 percent their responsibility. We were creating the artwork internally and creating the design behind it. They were giving feedback along the way. It was a collaborative process to revamp the website to look better and be more user-friendly.

How did you come to work with Pivofy?

I had worked with the owner [Denis Dyli] previously. I've worked professionally with him the last couple of years. I contacted with the hopes they could help us with the redesign. It made sense financially, and the fact that I already trusted him was why I went with them.

It cost less than $10,000

The project is completed. From the time we signed the contract to launch date was two to three months. I would say that was a quick turnaround, and some of the delay was on our end.

The new website is now responsive, much faster, and easier to maintain. It increased our conversion rate and traffic just because it's easier and faster to use. It was extremely slow before. We're lowering our bounce rate. It's keeping people on the website for longer periods of time, which has increased our conversion rate. The back-end is much easier to manage. It's easier to import new products, easier to edit them, put them on sale, and take them off sale. Before we used a mobile theme and now it's responsive, so it looks good on any tablet or device.

How did Pivofy perform from a project management standpoint?

The project went very smoothly. I've worked with other agencies in the past and sometimes communication is the hard part. Communication with Pivofy was easy and transparent. We used BaseCamp to communicate, so we could see what was being done and who was doing it. There were sometimes delays, but they were good at communicating why there were delays. Sometimes in the past, deadlines weren't met and you didn't know why. It's not a big deal if we know why. Communication was a strong point with them.

Is there anything Pivofy could have improved or done differently?

Nothing comes to mind.

Just because of a few times it went past deadlines.
    I'm completely satisfied.
    I've already recommended them.

E-Commerce & Website Redo for Cold-Pressed Juice Line

"The team was flexible with changes we kept making."

Jan. - Apr. 2020

Pivofy created a Shopify website to launch a new juice brand. The site featured two distinct solutions and processes: a wholesale side for the hospitality industry and a retail side for home users.

Scott Holstein
CEO, Twisted Alchemy

Since its launch, the site has seen tremendous online sales. Pivofy stayed on top of tasks, keeping to the schedule and working within the budget.

We manufacture , Market and Distribute a line of Cold Pressed Juice for Craft Cocktails.

For what projects/services did your company hire Pivofy?

We needed to launch our new brand , Twisted Alchemy , onto Shopify with two separate groups of customers. Wholesale to the hospitality industry and Retail to quarantine cocktail home users.

This project required two very different processes and product merchandising solution. The CEO Denis never stopped finding solutions and is ALWAYS available for my constant requests .

Had the most experience with Shopify for Consumer Products and good references.

Process development and architecture.

Denis and his team of developers.

Website sales up over 1000%!

We had weekly team meetings and constant phone calls.

Denis worked all the time and on budget. The team was flexible with changes we kept making.

Not really.