We-commerce your business

We transform the best available technologies to business for our Clients.

ORBA is a software house specializing in developing custom Magento eCommerce stores.

We have worked with Magento Commerce and Open-Source. We are official business Magento partners as well as Microsoft partners (Azure Cloud).

Our team consists of 70+ employees. Our PM team is certified in SCRUM, Prince 2 and ITIL.

ORBA's successes:

• Over 85 implemented projects in 40+ countries
  • Multiple implementations with over 50% increase in conversion rates
  • From stores with millions of users to projects with over 650,000 products
  • Team certified in both Magento 1 and 2 (business and technical skills)
  • Awards and nominations

ORBA specializes in creating top B2B and B2C e-commerce systems, optimizing stores from the UX and performance standpoint, integrating ERP systems and consulting.

We have a portfolio of large successful implementations including multiple projects for Fortune 500 companies.

With offices in Cincinnati, Warsaw, Lublin and a supporting office in the Phillipines we can offer real 24/7 support.

As of 2018, we are also a part of a much larger organization - Lingaro Group, specializing in Big Data/BI and Data Warehousing solutions.

Contact us if you want to improve the way you sell online.

Warsaw, Poland

Fortune 500 company LPP (largest fashnion brand in Poland) Strauss Group (second largest coffee distributor in Poland) Allabeslag - a company with 17+ stores in different EU/NA markets GoldenSales - a shopping club in Poland handling millions of active users Recman - a 25+ year old company selling suits with 80 physical stores ORBICO - a worldwide distribution company
MK Fresh Image

MK Fresh

MK Fresh came to Orba looking for a new B2C e-commerce solution. Orba created a custom B2C implementation with full SAP integration, leading to an improved user experience and increased business for MK Fresh.

Mobile Store Design for MK Fresh Image

Mobile Store Design for MK Fresh

MK Fresh also asked Orba to handle their mobile e-commerce store. Orba created a custom design built to work seamlessly on mobile devices, leading to an improved user experience and increased business for MK Fresh.

Dynamic Product Diagrams for MKFresh Image

Dynamic Product Diagrams for MKFresh

MK Fresh needed product diagrams that would visually explain the capabilities of their proucts. ORBA created dynamic product maps that adapted and evolved based on customer parameters. This led to memorable product pages unlike anything else, creating a lasting impression on customers and potential customers.

MKFresh product attributes Image

Recman Image

Recman

B2C with Omnichannel

E-Commerce Dev for Furniture Firm

"They’ve done a great job."

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

ORBA Co. worked on multiple e-commerce projects. The largest task was migrating a Magento-based platform from Version 1.9 to 2.3. They moved all site modules with a new backend.

Sweden
Kristoffer Knyhlen
CEO, Allabeslag

ORBA Co. completed the project with a strong, data-driven approach. Communicative and empathetic, their team has been great under pressure and supplied a fantastic project manager. They added value wherever they could during the project.

I’m the CEO of a small e-commerce company based in Sweden that sells furniture hardware to 15 countries in Europe. We’ve been doing this since 2013, but we’ve only started to grow in the last three years. We’re still young and small, but we’re a real company with 5–6 employees in total.

What challenge were you trying to address with ORBA?

We’ve worked with ORBA on multiple projects. Since the last year, we’ve been working on a quite large task, migrating the old platform to the newest version. We launched the new site a couple of weeks back.

Essentially, Magento moved from 1.9 to 2.3, and it was time to actually migrate to it. We made the decision to do that in May 2018. They’ve been helping us move all site modules to the new platform, with a completely new backend, and a new look and feel as well. It’s quite a large project.

I believe they worked under a waterfall methodology. We had an initial meeting, where they came up with some ideas on what they thought was very important for the new platform. During a one-day workshop, I basically told them all the parts that were important to us, and we moved from there.

I met three people from ORBA face to face during the workshop, but, for the rest of the time, I’ve mostly been in touch with the project manager. I believe there were 4–5 people working on the site part-time for one year. There were 3–6 people involved, counting the project manager.

How did you come to work with ORBA?

I found them through Google around 2015, and I got a feeling from their website that they knew what they were doing. I contacted them, and they were quick and professional in answering me. We had a couple of calls and did a small test project together. We continued from there.

We’d worked with a Swedish company for two years before approaching ORBA, and we weren’t happy with that agency.

The big migration project was estimated at €50,000–€70,000 ($54,450–$76,230 USD). Adding all the other stuff they’ve done for us throughout the years, it’s probably closer to €100,000 ($109,900 USD). For a small company like ours, that’s a huge investment, but it’s probably small for some of ORBA’s larger clients.

I think I first contacted them in May–June 2015, and we started a small project in August or September. The contract with our old agency was ending in July of that year. The project is still ongoing.

I come from a world of large corporations, where consulting firms come in and out without adding that much value. ORBA, on the other hand, tried to add as much value as possible. The project manager understood our needs and was quite pragmatic when it came to what needed to be done. I liked the workshop they had in May 2018, where they made a proper analysis of the situation.

They’re working on fixing bugs right now, and we’re getting further and further to the end of this. That's been painful, but that has nothing to do with ORBA. It’s just a big transformation. They’ve done a great job.

How did ORBA perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication is very good. I may want more at times, but I can also understand their situation. I can’t get a status report every hour. For example, in the last two weeks, I’ve been quite dramatic with the launch of the new site, but they’ve been good at giving me long status summaries every on what was happening. The project manager I’ve been working with has been extremely good.

We’re using an internal communication tool ourselves. There’s an external view mode as well, where I can observe work. They’re using it internally, and I can see time reports and everything else. From a communication point of view, we used emails during the last project. That’s worked perfectly for us since I’ve been solely in charge of the communication part from our side.

It would be different if we were working with larger clients with a lot of stakeholders, possibly with developers on the client side who need to be involved in the workflow. We would’ve needed to use more complex tools on a project like that. For the larger project we’ve had with ORBA, we’ve mainly used email, for status reports.

Anyone can do a good job, but, when it hits the fan, then we can see who’s actually pulling in their weight, determine what’s important, and start working and helping out. ORBA has been extremely good at that, and I’m impressed.

The project manager has been great, but I’ve also got the feeling that they have a lot of good people internally, who know what they’re doing and are good at their skillsets. They’re large enough to have those teams, but still manage to work quickly, and integrate the right people into each team.

It’s hard to say. In retrospective, this project was bigger than what both them and I anticipated. It developed out during the year, and I think that that’s natural to happen when a project runs for more than a year. There are also many outside factors that can change things, like Magento deciding to upgrade their system from 2.1 to 2.3. It came in the middle, and no one could really know about it. That wasn’t taken into consideration, and it couldn’t have been. I’m happy with ORBA, and I don’t have any real suggestions for improvement for them.

I recommend that clients go to meet them. We visited them in Warsaw, and we’ve tried to go back at least once a year. It’s important to get face-to-face contact and get a project manager that we can work with.

You should ask me this in a month. I’ve gotten good value for money, but I haven’t worked with many other consultants.
    The only thing is that I want them for myself.