Tell the world

Tell the world, that's what we live by. Thru our video solutions, we work mainly with manufacturers to grow their visibility, grow their revenues and lower their expenses. We are specialized in corporate videos, recruitment and training videos. We do everything: from conception to diffusion. Our expertise allows us to take your video and make it shine through the web with original placement strategies.

Vallee-Jonction, Canada
  • 264 rue Assise, 3e étage
    Vallee-Jonction G0S 3J0

Video Production for Transportation Company

"They're a young team, but they're very good at what they do."

May 2018 - Ongoing

Helping a business attract new clients and employees, Oranje worked with multiple deprtments to produce a corporate video and a human resources video.

Ann-Marie Lacroix
Marketing Assistant, Kenworth Quebec

The internal team is happy with the quality of the videos and the customer service. Great listeners, Oranje understood all needs, while their flexibility and high level of expertise earned them trust.

I'm a marketing assistant at Kenworth Quebec. We sell heavy trucks to clients in transportation industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We needed a company to help us create multiple videos.

They've produced a corporate video to help us attract new clients and they're currently working on a human resources video for prospective employees. We have a lot of different departments that we wanted to showcase, so they spent two days shooting the footage. It was a collaborative process and we had an in-house producer who did the script and worked with Oranje.

We worked with about five members of their team.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

We talked to a few different companies and got their quotes. Oranje understood our needs, so we decided they were the best fit for us.

We've spent about $15,000.

We started working with them in May 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

We haven't released the videos yet, but our internal team is very happy with the quality of the videos and the footage.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

They're doing a great job. They're very attentive to our needs and flexible when we need to add or change things.

They're a young team, but they're very good at what they do. You can trust them.

Nothing comes to mind.

Meet their whole team, including a videographer, and make sure they understand what you want to accomplish with your video.

We didn't choose the lowest price, but it was worth it. They delivered a high-quality product.
    We didn't have a set deadline, but they understood that we needed the videos soon.

Video Production for Trailer Designer and Manufacturer

“Our communication was perfect. I've been in this business for a long time, and I love the way they work.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Oranje has provided on-location video production for a corporate video and two product profiles. The filming included international shoots. Soon, the team will begin offering Google AdWords and Analytics.

Michel Lesange
National Manager - Sales/Marketing, Deloupe

Oranje captured the ideal shots in the production process. Their talented producers have an impactful process in place and delivered well-received videos. They provided high-caliber services that inspired the client to extend the engagement into a new contract.

I'm the national sales and marketing manager at Deloupe Trailers. We're part of Brasa Group, which includes three companies that manufacture trailers for industrial and wood logging businesses. We have about 200 employees across the US and Canada. My job is to coordinate a strategy to expand our sales volume.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

After reflecting on how to improve our website, we decided to create corporate movies and profiles for the internet. We looked for a firm who could help us achieve these goals.

When Oranje came down to propose a quote for their services, we went through the process of defining a scope. Based on the information and text I provided, they suggested a concept, method, atmosphere, and set up.

Oranje came up with a plan to produce one corporate video and two product profiles. I elaborated on our company’s history, described the type of video we wanted, and provided text with translations for French and English.

We spent three days together on the road. Oranje assigned us a producer and camera operators. They assembled an entire team and took care of all the details. Based on all the tasks we outlined in the quote, they planned a calendar for the project. They kept us updated about any delays.

I was in touch with one account manager, who did a good job.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

Oranje called us regarding their services during business development outreach. Julien (Vice President, Oranje) presented what they could do for us perfectly. He outlined their strategy and method, discussed work they'd done for other companies, and provided referrals. Based on that short conversation, my general manager decided we should meet them. I found their company’s approach to our project very interesting, so we signed a contract. We are one of many industrial businesses they're working with right now.

The initial budget was close to $25,000. We will probably spend another $10,000 for the shoots we've done in Ontario and the Rimouski, Canada. These locations are very far away, so the extra fees are understandable. We've discussed extending our collaboration to include Google AdWords and Analytics strategy with our website. Added together, the two contracts will total close to $40,000–$45,000.

We've been working together since April 2018. Our first meeting was in March. Tomorrow, we will finish our last filming segment. We hope to complete the corporate video and other products by the end of September and have further projects planned.

Since the beginning, I've been extremely satisfied with Oranje. Everything has been perfect. I showed the video and products they shot to my staff, and everybody has been impressed by the results. They're pleased with the quality and videography. Personally, I'm 100% satisfied with their filming. They picked up the specific images I wanted them to. I was with them in the field to exchange ideas as they filmed and instructed them about the visuals I wanted to capture. The producer and cameraman had a great method in place.

We redesigned our website at the same time as this project, so no users have seen the videos yet. In the month, we will have a show in Toronto and will see the impact of their work on our company for the first time. I will see even more results from their work in the next three months. I had a great experience, and it would be a pleasure to recommend them to others.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

I interacted with one person. If any points were unclear, she'd get back to me with an explanation. She was always available to discuss anything regarding the project. Oranje respected the calendar we planned. Our communication was perfect. I've been in this business for a long time, and I love the way they work. The quality of their staff and services is awesome.

There was no doubt in my mind Oranje could complete the job. They were professional, delivered what they promised, and met my high expectations.

Honestly, no. Oranje was very clear and straightforward. Most suppliers agree to a term payment, but they asked for a deposit when they completed different parts of the project. I can understand why. Some customers keep requesting changes and additions. In the end, you have to find a way to finish the project. I was okay with receiving separate bills, but other clients might not be. This wasn't a big deal, especially since the project lasted for five months.

I would have no problem doing so.

Social Media Management and Video Production for a Recreational Vehicle Company

"The Oranje team is great. They take care of every aspect of a project from start to finish."

2013 - Ongoing

Oranje provides full-service video production, from writing the script to the final edit. They also support social media advertising and promotions.

Dominique Nadeau
General Manager, Safari Condo

Since the engagement began, the most-watched video is one created by Oranje. Their team keeps each project moving—and on budget—through constant communication. They also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I’m the general manager of Safari Condo. We’re a manufacturer of compact recreational and camping vehicles, travel trailers, and motorhomes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We needed help with our social media promotions and advertising. We know nothing about video, but we wanted to produce a few each year.

In terms of the social media, we manage the basic posts ourselves. Oranje is more up to date on Facebook ads and other advanced features. They created a carousel of pictures to promote our presence at an RV show. They set up an ad that showed the different models and vehicles that would be present at the show and linked back to our website. Their in-house assets manager edits our photos and makes them more attractive for use on Instagram.

They also provide full-service video production. Starting at the beginning of the process, we tell them what we need and they'll come up with the concept. They usually show us examples to give us an idea of what they're talking about. They write the scripts and create the schedule for production, which they run by us for approval. Oranje handles the actual video production itself. They send us a preliminary version to review. Once we sign off, they produce the final edited video.

We work with both project managers and the creative teams.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

A cousin started Oranje, so we became clients when we needed a video production company.

I think we’ve spent $70,000 CAD (approximately $53,400 USD) in total.

I can't remember exactly. I think we started working together about six years ago.

One of the videos that Oranje produced for us is the most viewed video we've had for the last five or six years. In terms of social media, we’re actually using everything that Facebook has to offer thanks to their help. We’ve had customers that come to the RV show tell us they've seen our ads on Facebook. Other customers have said that they knew we’d be at a particular event because of our Facebook promotions. That kind of feedback is proof that what they’re doing is working.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

The Oranje team is great. They take care of every aspect of a project from start to finish. They’re proactive in making suggestions, which we really appreciate because this isn’t our area of expertise. Their recommendations are super helpful in terms of social media promotion or video production. We’re also really firm about sticking to a budget for these projects. Oranje is good about understanding our constraints. Sometimes costs can increase as the creative concept of a video evolves, but they always try to respect the budgets we set.

The quality of the videos they've made for us are outstanding. They're original; they don't feel like recycled products that they've used for other clients. Each video is a quality product that was designed just for us. As a result, the videos look like us and sound like us. The final product always matches our company's values and philosophy.

Sometimes we feel like the team of artists working on our videos doesn't agree with our decisions. However, their project managers do a good job at being the link between the artists and the business side. They understand that we may be more concerned about budgets and less about art.

Video Production for Engineering & Consulting Firm

“They go beyond what's asked of them to make sure we succeed in the end.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Oranje is currently finalizing the production of eight corporate/leadership videos to accompany a website overhaul. They also created multiple 20-second clips to release on social media.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

Mont St-Hilaire, Canada
Roseline Simard
Marketing Director, BBA

Oranje executed a difficult filming schedule and captured the required footage. They quickly understood the project’s message and developed scripts to build upon established themes. Their team isn’t afraid to pitch new ideas, but they also respect existing products and procedures.

I’m a marketing director for BBA. We’re an engineering and consulting firm for companies in the energy and power industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We’re currently in the process of updating our website. To further modernize our online presence, we hired Oranje to produce an array of videos that’ll be integrated into the new site.

Oranje agreed to produce five original videos for use on our website. Some are being filmed in two languages, so that brings the total number of videos up to eight. This includes corporate videos, leadership videos, and rolling footage to appear on our homepage. They’re also working on several 20-second clips for us to circulate around social media and generate awareness regarding the site redesign.

We reached out Oranje after the web development project had already begun. In fact, we were at a crucial point in the process where we needed to determine our company’s messaging to best leverage our position in the market. We briefed Oranje on the messages we wanted the corporate video to portray and they participated in a 2-hour brainstorming session to further refine our ideas. They led the storyboarding process and produced scripts that evoked the relevant emotions we wanted to communicate through each deliverable.

We’re an engineering firm, but what makes us unique is that a lot of our employees are in the field meeting clients about 25% of the time. We do this to better understand our client’s operations and ensure that our solutions function as intended. Regarding the video production project, it was important to get footage of our employees working for clients all across Canada. This required Oranje to get shots all across Canada.

Overall, their team is working to establish the essence of our BBA within each video. To do this, they’re cultivating an engaging vibe with modern music that motivates and inspires potential customers. The footage varies from close-ups to wide shots using drones. This contrast yields a high-energy video without being overly aggressive.

They assigned six resources to this project. I work directly with one of their owners and also a project coordinator.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

I’ve heard about them for a long time, but we never actually worked together until this project. They had a positive reputation in the area and our previous marketing director started discussions with them. I considered another vendor when I took over the project, but Oranje demonstrated a strong understanding of our messaging. They knew how we wanted the videos to look and could summarize the main points we wanted to communicate.

We’ve spent around $80,000 CAD (approximately $62,000 USD).

We started working together in March 2018 and the project is ongoing. We’re putting the finishing touches on the videos and are expecting to complete the process shortly.

We haven’t yet received the final products, so I can’t provide specific metrics or statistics. Anecdotally, I can say that Oranje quickly understood our company’s purpose and knew what themes we wanted to include in the video production effort. They collaborated with us to tweak the outlines we had and delivered exciting work. We appreciate their ability to provide actionable feedback. I feel like they want us to succeed and don’t meticulously track every minute they work on our project.

They go beyond what's asked of them to make sure we succeed in the end. We shared the website link with them so they could confirm that the video filter matched the site colors. After doing that, their owner reached out to me with suggestions on how to further improve our site if we were open to feedback. That exemplifies their level of engagement throughout this project.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

They had to adjust to an intense filming schedule that required a lot of traveling to remote locations. Some trips were by boat and others via small planes. The Oranje team managed the process effectively and were able to make each shoot with their equipment intact. Instead of causing problems, they focused on providing solutions. Their efforts made managing the project as easy as possible on our end.

Oranje understands that we’re a small firm with a limited budget. As a result, we have to work on every aspect of the project at once and will frequently change our minds about deliverables. However, they never judge our approach. Instead, they listen to our needs and help us get the most out of the project while working within our constraints. They respect the pace we’re able to go. It’s just fun working with them.

Be open with them and share how your business works. Trust them to work their magic. Too many directions could restrain their creativity. You’ll be surprised with how great of a product they’ll deliver.

Overall Score They foster an excellent client relationship.
    They’ve never missed a deadline.
    It’s a great investment for us.
    They react quickly to changes.

Video Production for Construction Products Company

"The image quality is high and what they can do is amazing."

2013 - Ongoing

Oranje provides video production services, working on around 26 videos in both French and English. This includes drone footage, narration, and explainer videos.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

Montreal, Canada
Manon Moisan
Marketing Manager, Canam Group

The videos they have already produced are excellent, offering clear and informative insight into how the business and its services operate. The team communicates effectively, always responding quickly, and providing interesting ideas in the scopes of work.

Canam Group specializes in integrating solutions and fabricating custom products for the North American construction industry. We operate in three groups of products and services: building construction, structural steel, and bridge construction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We’ve had three projects with them so far, all of them with our bridge division.

The first project involved getting drone images of a bridge in the Quebec area. We then hired Oranje to produce a video on the metalizing process for bridge steel girders in our Quebec plant. They created a kind of "How It’s Made" video that explained the process, including narration. It was used by our engineers and business developers for presentations, as well as on our website and social media, to explain the process to people, and to let them know that we have this service available.

The third project is still ongoing; it’s a short web series on the Champlain Bridge project in Quebec. We decided to create a small web series with four capsules or video clips on the fabrication process.

I’m currently working on video number four; attached to that we have a full interview vlog, three or four of which are attached to every video capsule. We ran a small inbound marketing campaign with this, on LinkedIn and Facebook. We tried to reach people and asked them to register after viewing the capsule, for more content.

The total will be around 26 videos, or 13 videos that are in both French and English. We gave them scopes of work, but they’ve also helped us develop those. They came up with a lot of suggestions, letting us know when there was a better approach or when something needed to be cut. We’re not video professionals, so we appreciated Oranje’s advice.

I usually work with a project manager from their team, but there are also cameramen and people in charge of video monitoring. We used a single cameraman for the metalizing project and two for the Champlain Bridge. Aside from this, we also have people coordinating things and someone working on the Facebook and LinkedIn advertising.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

I met them when we were starting our drone project and I asked them to do it. It wasn’t complicated, only some drone shooting and editing, but they delivered an interesting video in the end.

We started working with them in 2013 and the work is still ongoing.

I find them to be a professional group. The image quality is high and what they can do is amazing. They have the people and material to produce results up to current standards, and a good network to help with every challenge we have.

This was a small project, but it was useful for company awareness. It also helped our recruitment efforts, presenting a better image of our company to the people we’re looking to hire.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

Maybe because I’ve worked with their VP, but every time I had a question, I got a quick response. He's never left me alone with a problem and I’m always informed of everything. They work professionally and we’ve always referred them. We still have a lot of videos to do, which I’m sure we’ll go to Oranje for.

I watched a lot of videos from different providers before starting the engagement. Many of them were nice, but when watching one of Oranje’s videos, I had the feeling I was actually in the plant, seeing the machines. I’m very impressed with all their videos.

Their company will grow and they will attract more people. We’ve only given them one video at a time, so I don’t know how well they manage more than that.

They're a young and artistic group, so they may lack experience, but clients should look at what they do and be specific with their requests. Have the confidence in the team; they know what to suggest and they’re usually successful.

Overall Score They respect the schedule and they deliver professional products.
    They stick to deadlines.
    There are companies in Montreal that will charge more, without being better than Oranje.
    Everything was delivered on time and they follow up with us.
    I’m an ambassador for Oranje.

Video Production for Custom Machinery Company

"The turnkey project and the service they provide is impressive."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Oranje produced five videos intended to show a company's services and increase their global visibility, working on the scripts of one and outsourcing the animation of another to a third party.

Karine Moreau
Marketing Manager, Machinex

The high-quality videos have elicited positive feedback from their viewers, while the team's services were always professional, dedicated, and very involved in the project's success.

We do customer-built machinery and complete turnkey systems for the recycling and waste industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We wanted to have videos to increase our global visibility and to show our company as a recycling and equipment manufacturing leader.

They created five videos for us. They don’t do animation, but one of our videos has 3D animation because they referred it to a subcontractor. I went with them to shoot material in Scotland, where we did some interviews with our customers.

They provided scripts and storyboards for the corporate video only. The other ones were more technical so we took care of that.

There are four to five people on the team.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

They reached out to me by phone and I decided to meet them. I was looking for a company to do our corporate video. When I looked at other corporate videos they had done, I was really impressed by the quality of the images, the scenarios, and the professionalism—I was convinced.

$50,000.

We started working together in August 2017 and the work is ongoing.

Their services are very professional. They’re creative thinkers who guided us very well on the turkey projects. We got great feedback on the videos from people who were really amazed about the quality.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

They have good follow-up and they're strict on the deadlines.

The turnkey project and the service they provide is impressive. They really take care of their customers. They’re very professional and want the product to be perfect. They want the customer to be satisfied.

They're very young. They need to learn how to interact with the customer. There are some in the team who are very creative and they think they always know best, but they need to try to better understand the needs of the customer.

I would recommend them because we’re in good hands with them. Make sure if you have a specific idea in mind that they don’t go somewhere else with it. Follow up carefully with them.

Video Production for Construction Products Company

"The whole project worked perfectly because they were so cooperative."

Oct. 2016 - Dec. 2016

Oranje produced two video projects. The first featured narration over an informational video for customers, while the second included employee interviews. Preparation for a third video has begun as well.

Saint-Mathias-sur-Richelieu, Canada
Jacques Laine
Marketing Director, Fraco

Oranje continues to be hired for subsequent projects due to the high quality of their work, and the team's professional and cooperative nature. The ease of filming in multiple locations was noted, as was their ability to work on a tight schedule.

I am the marketing director of Fraco. We manufacture working platforms and elevators for the construction industry in Canada, the United States, and Europe.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

We first contacted Oranje to make a short information video about our company to show prospective clients. After the completion of the first project, we hired them to make a second video celebrating our 25th Anniversary.

The first project was a presentation video with narration, while the second was made up of short interviews with company employees. Oranje sent different team members to our offices to film, afterwhich they edited and produced both movies.

I worked with six people on the first film and three on the second, including a project manager.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

One of our two co-presidents knew of Oranje through an acquaintance.

We have spent $25,000 CAD ($19,121 USD).

We began working together in October 2016, and finished our second video in December 2016. We have also begun discussing work on an employee training video to be created in the near future.

Both films are great. They were filmed in 4K resolution and are of high quality. Everyone I worked with from Oranje was very professional, even their subcontractor who worked on the soundtrack.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager was very accessible when I needed to discuss any issues, and they were open to my ideas. The whole project worked perfectly because they were so cooperative.

I was involved in all phases of the videos, and I have to say the shooting itself was the most impressive. Whether we were shooting outside or inside, I had a very good experience working with whoever was filming. Overall, the service was great, which is why we are going back to them for a third time.

We had a tight timeline to make the video, and Oranje delivered.
    They gave us the opportunity to discuss the cost with them, and I know their price was advantageous for us.
    I have already referred them to other companies.

Video Production for Energy Efficient Homes Company

“Oranje’s strength is in their videos. They have talented videographers and photographers.”

Aug. 2017 - Feb. 2018

Oranje shot and produced TV and digital advertisements for a home construction company. They cast the projects and provided studio space, equipment, and crew for each exercise.

Montmagny, Canada
Communication & Marketing Coordinator, Construction Company

The first project went very well and individuals on Oranje's team are strong. The added content enhances the brand and positively impacts in-house staff and site visitors. The second engagement was less successful due to aesthetic and graphics issues.

I am the marketing and communication coordinator for four associated construction companies. We manufacture and market energy-efficient, prefabricated homes and multiplexes and the materials needed to build them. I manage the digital and traditional advertising for all our brands, among other duties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje?

Our president wanted to resuscitate an infomercial for television. I proposed we take a digital approach instead and needed a company to help with the process.

In our initial meeting, we presented the brief with our objectives and goals. The first exercise was a 30-second television commercial and a web equivalent. We did a series of seven or eight vlogs with a landing page on our website. We had a tight, four-week timeline and a lot of information to convey.

We wanted to keep the television portion of the budget small and asked them to devise a well-balanced social media campaign. They made recommendations on the best locations and audiences to invest in. We adjusted our tactics as we worked through the project.

We let them bring a fresh, creative approach to the subject. They presented us with the commercial script, which we adjusted to emphasize high points and more brand specifics. We gave them guidelines for casting, and they found the perfect actor in the first round. I wrote the content and practiced with the actor for the vlog shoots, while Oranje provided the set, studio, equipment, and crew.

All of the exercises needed to be completed with very little notice. We recently completed a showroom and wanted to use it for a 15-second ad. We spent a day on-site to capture beauty shots in the showroom, the interiors of another property, and exterior shots of a third location. I think this is outside the work they normally do. The project wasn’t very specific and they had to adjust to the exercise.

We recently changed the name and logo of one of our brands, so we’re planning a sequel to inform our audience about the changes. We’ll run that commercial for several weeks before we do another update.

For the first ad, we worked with a team of about five, including the producer, a sound technician, and a camera operator. For the vlog, we had the actor, Julien (Vice President, Oranje), and two technical people on camera and sound. We also worked with a photo director, a model, and a producer on a more recent project.

How did you come to work with Oranje?

We heard about them through word of mouth. We work in a semi-rural area in Quebec, so the business world tends to recognize the good suppliers. I tracked them for some time and felt they represented their clients well.

They called me two weeks prior to the start of the exercise, so we took advantage of the synchronicity. We shortlisted Oranje and another company and started working with Oranje after they presented to our president.

We spent around $50,000 CDN ($38,737 USD).

We started working together in August 2017. The latest project was completed in February 2018.

Our analytics didn’t show a big jump in referrals. We may not have been aggressive enough with our giveaways, discounts, or rebates. None of that was Oranje’s fault. We were in a rush and could have defined our objectives more clearly.

We didn’t reach our anticipated goal, but we generated positives in other departments. The campaign has had a very strong impact on our in-house staff and visitors to the website. The new content enhances the brand.

How did Oranje perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very strong presenters. Julien is creative and service-oriented. They’re smart and know how to differentiate themselves as a business. They’re very structured, but adapted to fit our business. It was important that we portrayed the right aesthetic, and they changed their strategy to try to accommodate us. They might be better suited to B2B than B2C projects, and we may be a bit of an anomaly among their other clients.

They are full of ideas and mean well. They may need to fine-tune their office a bit or take on fewer clients. When I have a deadline and quality in mind, I won’t let go until I get what I need. They deliver in the end, and probably give us more than they’re supposed to for hours and billing.

Julien is the mastermind of the company. Whenever he’s involved, he gets things done. He works in collaboration with other people and has good judgment. Oranje’s strength is in their videos. They have talented videographers and photographers. They communicate well and the first exercise was simple and easy to manage.

I had a lot of grievances with their graphics talent. We had to send all the little details and were constantly fine-tuning issues with the logo and other graphics issues. There were significant post-production delays and we ended up frustrating each other. The individuals we worked with could have been better.

The second ad was difficult to manage. I ultimately let them lead the shoot, but there were aspects I didn’t like. The model they chose didn’t fit our target audience. The lighting was off and the focus was unclear, so the aesthetic didn’t match what I was looking for. I had to camouflage defects in the locations and the shots felt rushed. They could have been more proactive and given me a higher quality for the amount of money I paid them. The results came out alright, but I have a higher standard.

We had to chase them to make sure things were finished and ready to air by Christmas. The second project was supposed to run parallel with the first, but was delivered a month later. We came very close to our deadlines without hearing anything. I had to be on standby during the holidays to make sure the product delivered on time. We were worried the process might collapse near the end. We ultimately scrapped all the graphics for something basic that could be finished on time.

There is talent there and Julien is a great guy to work with. They might be a little overpriced for all the issues we encountered, but they may come up with ingenious ways to tackle their problems. We know we’re a complicated business as well.

Overall Score Julien is a true businessman and a creative person. He is valuable, but his back office needs to be fine-tuned.
    They were organized.
    I expected higher results for the amount of money I paid.
    Some of the quality suffered due to the circumstances. It’s a young company.
    I would refer them, but things need to be managed closely. They have talented team members who work hard, but there are areas they can improve.

Video Production for Bicycle Manufacturer

"They under-promise and over-deliver."

2015 - 2016

Oranje.io produced four video projects to increase brand awareness around a newly launching product. This process included brainstorming, script writing, filming on-location, editing, and voice-over work.

St-Georges de Beauce, Canada
Jacques Dutil
Former Director of Brand, Procycle

Oranje.io produces videos with narrative elements that both captivate and motivate viewers. As a result, sales of a featured product continually double each year. Constantly experimenting with new technology, they’re open to new ideas and daunting projects. They offer a high-energy approach.

I’m the former director of brand for Procycle. They’re a bicycle manufacturer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje.io?

We were launching a new electric bicycle and needed to create marketing videos to raise brand awareness. We specifically wanted to highlight the “made in Canada” aspect of the product.

Oranje.io actively handled every aspect of video production. We brainstormed ideas together and mapped out what we wanted to do given their resources and expertise. After agreeing upon the storytelling elements, they wrote a script that we passed back and forth for revision. Then, they filmed around the factory to tell the product’s story, highlighting the distinctly Canadian manufacturing process. They provided all the equipment, editing, and voice-over work. We got to choose between two different voice-over versions for the finished video.

They later filmed three more videos for us in New York City as part of a somewhat spontaneous arrangement. Oranje.io called me because they were in New York filming for another client and had available time. We sent them two electric bicycles to film the short freestyle videos we were in the process of planning. Just as before, they performed every step of the video production.

I communicated with 2–3 members of Oranje.io’s team, but mostly a main point of contact. The film crew at our factory had 4–5 people including their president. However, he wasn’t directly involved throughout the project.

How did you come to work with Oranje.io?

I was introduced to their president through colleagues because we went to the same business school. I saw their work and appreciated the style and storytelling. They didn’t just push features and produce boring ads.

Our engagement took place 2015–2016.

Sales of the specific bicycle have doubled each year since releasing the videos. We track the views of each video through online platforms and they’ve all done very well.

How did Oranje.io perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re proactive when managing the project and producing videos. They made it a simple process for us.

I value the proximity of the team and their openness to new ideas. Everything seems possible when working with Oranje.io. They offer a wide variety of cameras and lenses to choose from but are also eager to try out new technology. As a result, they charged me for a cheaper camera than they actually used to experiment with options and produce a better product.

The whole project in New York City was a standout venture. They brought so much energy when proposing that to us and it required little investment cost on our part. We appreciate this approach.

They move quickly and while that’s usually a positive, it became confusing to know what was required of us during meetings or the editing process. I found it difficult at times to enunciate my vision due to not knowing the correct terminology. Taking more time to explain everything to us would have been helpful. I expressed this to them, so I assume they’ve improved.

They like our product and want to get the best out of it.
    They under-promise and over-deliver.
    I’ve referred them in the past.

Video Production for Chemical Cleaning Product Company

“The work we’ve done with Oranje.io sets us apart from our competitors.”

2015 - Ongoing

Oranje.io planned, scripted, and filmed three video projects to address various marketing needs. The projects included storyboards, animations, motion design, and some inbound marketing strategy.

Victoriaville, Canada
Jessie Harding
Product Manager, Cleaning Product Company

A collaborative approach to planning yielded succinct, interesting, and informative messaging. Animations and motion design were very high quality, and the team efficiently incorporated feedback to create the best end product possible.

I am a product manager at a manufacturer of chemical cleaning products for the food and beverage industry, pools, spas, and industrial/commercial buildings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Oranje.io?

We were looking for a team to help us with a variety of video projects and some marketing work.

We’ve done three projects of various scopes with them. They started off with creating a corporate video for our food and beverage department, which involved thematic planning, scripting, and filming at multiple locations. The second project was more technical video that illustrated a specific piece of equipment using motion design. We’re now in the process of finishing the third project, which combined shooting on site and motion design to explain a product and the concept behind it. Throughout the process, they’ve also worked with us on an inbound marketing plan.

I worked with an average of five team members including a project manager, a motion designer, a storyboard artist, a script writer, and one or two cameramen. There were also narrators and other people on their end that I wasn’t in contact with.

How did you come to work with Oranje.io?

We had another in the past, and we were not satisfied with them. Oranje.io had done a lifestyle video with our pool and spa division and I really liked their approach, so we started working with them on various projects.

We’ve spent around $40,000.

The company started working with them in 2014, but my division didn’t meet with them until 2015. We’re currently working to complete the third project.

I don’t have statistics on hand, but the comments that we receive every time we launch a video have been very positive. The work we’ve done with Oranje.io sets us apart from our competitors. We’ve primarily used the videos for presentations and marketing on our site, and they emphasize our unique and innovative approach.

How did Oranje.io perform from a project management standpoint?

I would give them five stars. They did a great job of understanding our message and translating it into the videos in a way that’s interesting and informative. They were very succinct in their messaging, the animations were on point, the motion design was well executed, their music selections were great, and they incorporated our feedback very effectively. It was a team effort, and they were very receptive.

We were very impressed with their creativity. They find a way to make the message very interesting, even when the subject matter isn’t particularly “sexy”.

No, nothing comes to mind. They always met our deadlines, and we were very happy with their quality of work.

We had tight deadlines, and they managed to deliver on time.
    They offer great value for what they charge.
    They have a great philosophy and work hard to create the best product possible.