Performance-Driven B2B Demand Marketing Services

OpGen Media is a performance driven B2B demand company that works with both small and large companies to generate new sales opportunities for our clients.

New York, NY
  • OpGen Media New York, NY

We work for small businesses / startups to Fortune 500 companies. Some of these clients are DocuSign, Workfront, OpenText, Vision Critcal, Vidyard and many, many more.

Brand Awareness for Software Provider

"I liked that OpGen Media was performance focused."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

OpGen Media was hired onto the team to provide demand generation and branding services. They did this by promoting their content through third-parties to improve awareness of the brand.

Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Ryan Dunagan
VP, Marketing, VividCortex

The client is happy with the promotion that OpGen Media provided for their content. While they didn't have as much success with the trial and demo requests, they recognize that that was likely to happen. The agency focused on their performance and what they could deliver, which satisfied the client.

VividCortex is a SaaS [software-as-a-service] database monitoring tool which monitors distributed systems and databases. I’m the VP of marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpGen Media?

We needed demand generation, brand awareness, and to help our market understand our specialized value propositions. We wanted to do this through content syndication.

OpGen Media mostly helped with promotion through third party syndicates of our various content pieces. OpGen Media also drove more direct inbound traffic through trial and demo requests.

How did you come to work with OpGen Media?

I had worked with OpGen Media at a previous company. I had confidence that OpGen Media knew what they were doing and that they would deliver value.

How much have you invested with OpGen Media?

We have spent under $10,000 with OpGen Media so far. We work on a performance based program, so it’s pre-negotiated CPLs [cost per lead] based on whatever the program is.

We began working with OpGen Media in August 2016, and the work is ongoing.

I have lead attribution reports that I keep on my vendors. OpGen Media did a really good job on the content download programs and at promoting those. OpGen Media didn’t have as much success on the free trial and demo requests. By nature, we have a highly technical audience, so they’re going to be skeptical of doing anything right away like that. OpGen Media performed above average compared to my other vendors on the content syndication.

How did OpGen Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I had one point of contact, and they’ve been easy to work with. We communicate via email. The ideal vendor for me sets up the program, hands it off, and doesn't touch it. That was the case for OpGen Media. They have been able to meet deadlines with no problems.

What did you find most impressive about OpGen Media?

I liked that OpGen Media was performance focused. With a lot of lead agencies, you can fall into the trap of a guaranteed program that doesn’t deliver. This relationship was cut and dried with no smoke and mirrors, and I really like that. That’s why I keep going back to OpGen Media over and over.

Are there any areas OpGen Media could improve?

I would like if OpGen Media delivered more on the inbound stuff. Everybody in the SaaS world wants a whole line of people signing up for free trials or demos. That’s not a criticism of OpGen Media, but if they could find the secret sauce, that would make my life a lot easier.

Email Marketing Campaign, Software Company

"We are happy with the results we’ve gotten."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

OpGen Media was hired to run an email marketing campaign in order to find more people to reach out to.

Gainesville, Florida
Todd Chase
VP of Revenue, Admiral

The client has seen steady and gradual improvement since they worked with the agency. Thanks to OpGen Media's efforts, the agency has been able to more effectively use its in-house resources. The agency has met deadlines and expectation for communication with a level of personal service unlike anything they had experienced previously.

Our company is called Admiral. We are an internet software company in the B2B space helping web publishers analyze and provide solutions for their ad blocking traffic. I am the VP of revenue.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpGen Media?

We needed to find a specific targeted list of leads and contacts to run outbound email campaigns.

We provided them the criteria of the websites, businesses, titles of people, and their functionality in their job positions so they could help us find email addresses and phone numbers. We signed an agreement for an expected amount each month. They did good work and were always willing to credit back any leads that weren’t valuable or which we already had. We had a very collaborative and iterative arrangement. Brandon, the founder, provided insight to help open things up more.

How did you come to work with OpGen Media?

We were referred to them by someone we trust. We talked to Brandon in person to make sure this project was something he could do. We worked out the pricing so that it was fair for both of us.

How much have you invested with OpGen Media?

The project cost under $10,000.

We began working together in September 2016 and the work is ongoing.

They do something that’s not very glamorous but it’s important to our business. The quality of the work is good. For us, outsourcing this function has been very cost effective. We went from having two to three full-time employees to now being able to move those employees to sales ops and pre-sales roles. We are happy with the results we’ve gotten. We’ve had a steady and gradual improvement.

How did OpGen Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We speak any time we need to and use Google Docs to share information. They have been able to meet deadlines and our expectations.

What did you find most impressive about OpGen Media?

They have a level of personal service and care that distinguishes them. Brandon has been very responsive. I’ve met him in person on several occasions, which was nice. I would recommend them to people who need this kind of service.

Are there any areas OpGen Media could improve?

That’s part of the collaborative effort we had. When we sense stagnation or a bottleneck, we figure it out right away.
    For sure.

Content Marketing for Software Company

"They’re accessible and really easy to work with. I give them credit for thinking outside the box."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

The team was brought on to help with lead generation and content creation. The intention was to increase the amount of demo requests they had coming in.

San Diego, California
Mike Puterbaugh
CMO, Ziflow

The client is seeing a higher rate of generated leads with the demo that OpGen is doing than they see on their own. The leads that have been generated have turned out to be good. They have appreciated how accessible the agency has been and how well they have managed the projects.

Ziflow is a marketing automation company focused on automating tasks and processes for creative marketers. I am the chief marketing officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpGen Media?

I’ve worked with OpGen for a couple of companies. For Ziflow, we’re more focused on product market fit since we’re in an early stage. We are trying to have conversations with senior-level marketers at brands to find out what processes they wish they could automate so their teams can be more productive. My current team is very small so anything I can outsource, I will. We needed content created from their team and lead generation campaigns.

Ziflow uses OpGen to drive people to demo requests. We wanted to identify senior level executives at brands and those in the creative production space within brands. We planned to do enough education and drive the proper amount of context to them. We wanted these executives to take a demo and drive conversations to identify use cases that will push wider to market.

With the other company, ProofHQ, we realized that the best way for us to close business was to get people in trials. We worked with OpGen to devise different program strategies for driving people to trials. I’m following the same model at Ziflow. The model was around book content as well as lead generation campaigns. We’re having OpGen generate new content for us, both in terms of long- and short-form content for blogs and infographics. They also used their own organic campaigns to drive people to trials and conversion.

How did you come to work with OpGen Media?

I found them through one of the GrowthHacker community boards. Brandon approached me about OpGen approaching the work as a consultant. It worked out well so that I didn’t have to hire a full-time resource.

How much have you invested with OpGen Media?

Our total spend at Ziflow will be between $10,000 and $50,000 at the end of the quarter.

The work is ongoing.

It’s still new, but the conversion rate from demo to trial for Brandon’s generated leads are higher than our own efforts right now. His demo requests to trials are more than 50%; for ours, it’s 35%. He’s been providing quality leads that have been converting very well. Brandon had a full grasp of the marketer and was able to quickly develop some impactful trial starts for us. They gave some suggestions and that was how we started to expand the scope to content. At Ziflow, we have developed an e-book about tasks and we’ll put another piece about processes. OpGen understands the space really well. They know our buyer, so there hasn’t been a lot of back-and-forth. They’re really strong for companies that are selling around the marketing persona, so the ramp up time is minimal.

How did OpGen Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve given them access to all of our analytics packages. We meet biweekly on Skype to get updates on content and programs. We do two-week sprints and daily Scrums over video calls. They are very accessible and they’ve been able to meet deadlines. It’s been very easy to work with them.

What did you find most impressive about OpGen Media?

They’re accessible and really easy to work with. I give them credit for thinking outside the box. We have a partnership of coming up with ideas and generating new content that I can use. They do a great job of reaching marketing personas. That’s important because that’s the space we’re in.

Are there any areas OpGen Media could improve?

I can’t think of anything. I’m happy with their model and their pricing.

Overall Score We had a great experience working with them.
    They have very easily melded themselves into our sprints model.
    We were able to negotiate a win-win contract. My team is happy with the monthly spend. From a lifetime value of these customers when they start closing, we’ll have significant ROI on the cost.
    Their conversion rates are outpacing ours.
    I have already recommended them.