Growing your organic traffic faster

You’re going to read a lot of these bios, so we’ll keep this brief. OnQ is a boutique digital marketing agency, driving client growth through search, content strategy and automation. According to Clutch, we’re one of the top digital agencies in Australia.

What sets us apart? We crush objectives like the big guys, but without the eye-watering price tag and annoying marketing guff. We’re fast, cost-efficient and 100% transparent. That’s why our clients tend to stick around (we’ve had most of them for over three years).

• 3/480 Collins Street
    Melbourne, VIC 3000
    Australia

Leading Teams, Sims Sports, Agent In A Box

Website Remodel, SEO & Marketing for Grounds Maintenance Co.

"The team is effective and efficient."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

OnQ Marketing overhauled a website to enhance its digital presence. The team now provides services for SEO and Google Ads.

Bacchus Marsh, Australia
Stephen Marett
Managing Director, Grounds Maintenance Australia

OnQ Marketing is a personable, timely, and budget-conscious partner. Conversions have increased dramatically because the team works after regular business hours to deliver high-quality results.

I’m the managing director of Grounds Maintenance Australia (GMA). We’re a facilities services company that targets large corporations.

For what projects/services did your company hire OnQ Marketing?

We wanted to enhance the company’s online presence for its niche as we attempt to build a range of services—from truck washing to lawn mowing.

The website overhaul needed to provide a real-life feel while also filtering out non-cost-effective jobs that would hinder our growth.

I found OnQMarketing through Clutch. They had good reviews and I liked the sound of their website, I so gave them a call.

I spoke with the team and explained my vision for the overhaul—a site that would seem more personal than sales-driven. They then ideated web and SEO solutions.

We work with Quentin (Director & Digital Strategist, OnQ Marketing).

Calls have increased significantly and conversions have risen tenfold due to Google Ads and SEO.

The team is effective and efficient. They even respond on weekends and complete tasks during that time. OnQ Marketing is always willing to listen and process feedback.

The team stays on budget and schedule. Their personal touch and understanding nature make the partnership effective. They care about seeing our company grow, not just their profit.

No. We’re happy with the state of the engagement.

They are efficient.
    They stick to the budget.
    The quality is good considering the challenges we faced with the website remodel.
    We are very likely to refer them.

SEO & Content Strategy for Wholesale Solar Provider

“OnQ Marketing took the time to explain why they did what they did and how it would help us.”

Sept. - Oct. 2018

After reviewing the website, OnQ Marketing devised an SEO and content strategy to improve the site’s search rankings. They modified the site to enhance its indexing and crawlability and targeted keywords.

Michael Ziada
Head of Marketing, Powerark Solar

Within two weeks of completing the project, the site secured near-top positions for all key terms. OnQ Marketing helped surpass leading competitors on search pages, funneling more traffic to the site. Professional and communicative, the team worked to educate internal stakeholders about SEO.

I’m the head of marketing for Powerark Solar. Founded in 2011, we’ve rapidly grown into the largest privately owned solar wholesale distributor in Australia.

For what projects/services did your company hire OnQ Marketing?

Since we didn’t have a marketing head before, we lacked an effective SEO and content strategy. Our site didn’t rank for any of our keywords, and we were missing massive opportunities to generate more traffic. OnQ Marketing helped us improve our site, refining the indexing and crawlability for Google’s algorithm.

Our objectives were to improve our site’s SEO and gain more leads through the increased traffic. We also wanted to be featured on the first page for all of our key terms so that we could be seen as a thought leader in the market.

I’d worked with OnQ Marketing previously while representing a different business. They were a great asset to both myself and my prior company.

OnQ Marketing performed a site audit to identify the key issues that prevented us from ranking for key search terms. Not only did they resolve the indexing issues, the team also enhanced our entire site’s crawlability to secure a prominent position on major search engines. Finally, they analyzed our content strategy and completed an assessment to help us continue to improve long after the project ended.

I directly dealt with a single point of contact but knew that there was a team working behind the scenes.

I’ve never seen such strong SEO results. Traditionally, it takes at least three months to see any search ranking improvements. However, we’ve started to see results two weeks after completing the project. We’re now ranking in the second and third positions across all of our keywords, which is higher than our leading competitors. We’ve also noticed a 10–15% daily increase in traffic. The project is a gift that keeps on giving, and we’re excited to see this growth.

How did the OnQ Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They were professional and led with purpose. Beyond providing progress updates, they taught us how to make improvements ourselves. Unlike other agencies that just do the work and send an invoice, OnQ Marketing took the time to explain why they did what they did and how it would help us. That way, I could justify their work to my board.

What impresses you about the OnQ Marketing?

The results were unheard of. I’ve never seen anything thing like this in my career.

My only suggestion would be to use a centralized platform to keep a live track of the progress and discussion points. While they did have a project management tool, I declined to use it. Next time, I’ll be sure to try it.

Web Dev & Maintenance for Leadership Consultancy

“Their team is always available and happy to help.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

OnQ Marketing acts as a long-term web development and maintenance partner that focuses on site optimization. Their services have included daily support, technical development, and additional guidance.

Caroline Reid
Brand & Communications Manager, Leading Teams

OnQ marketing’s optimization strategies created a more effective website that brings in more sales leads. Their responsive approach to communication and admirable project organization skills laid the foundation for a successful collaboration.

I am the brand and communications manager for Leading Teams. We are a leadership and team development consultancy. My main responsibility is overseeing all aspects of our marketing and communications efforts.

For what projects/services did your company hire OnQ Marketing?

We needed a partner to provide ongoing maintenance, development, and optimization services for our website.

I wanted assistance with web development and maintenance tasks that fell outside my skillset. Also, as a one-person team, I was looking for someone to help ease my workload.

OnQ Marketing was already working with my company before I started.

OnQ Marketing provides a mixture of services. Basically, they support us in whatever areas we need help with on our website. So far, they have provided day-to-day support, technical development, and advice on potential digital projects.

I work with one digital strategist from OnQ Marketing. He provides all the support we require and acts as a sounding board for our digital projects.

OnQ Marketing’s efforts have strengthened our website, which is our main avenue for sales leads.

We mainly communicate through email. The project is tracked on Asana and we share documentation using Google Docs. This approach to communication has worked very well for us.

Their team is always available and happy to help.

Digital Marketing for Physiotherapy Office

"They’re really good at knowing and understanding our business as a whole."

June 2013 - Ongoing

After completing a website redesign, OnQ Marketing assumed responsibility for all digital marketing efforts. The team advises on IT and accessibility projects and manages, SEO, social media, and PPC campaigns.

Kathryn Anderson
Owner, Viva Physiotherapy

The website’s ranking and visibility on keywords have been steadily improving, increasing from 800 to 4,500 hits a month. OnQ Marketing remains current on Google algorithms and security certificates and is proactive in initiating design changes and implementing their up-to-date market knowledge.

I’m the director of Viva Physiotherapy. We’re a physiotherapy clinic and Pilates studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with OnQ?

We needed help with our digital marketing efforts.

I originally needed help redoing our website. I had a good experience with them and the cost was really great. I decided to switch my SEO [search engine optimization] from another company over to them, as my monthly EDM [email direct marketing] newsletter. They work with me on specific IT projects and accessibility projects in our business. They advise us on our social media as well. They also do pay-per-click advertising with Google AdWords. As our website has improved in rankings, we’ve focused less on that.

In the last couple of years, we see have seen a pretty large increase in movement and visibility for the keywords we have been targeting. Now, we operate according to OnQ’s recommendation of how to set up our marketing process according to these keywords. We’ve moved a bit away from the concept of keyword focus and more to kind of a holistic digital marketing. They’ve been very instrumental in that.

I have an ongoing agreement of 9-10 hours per month. Quentin [Digital Marketer, OnQ Marketing] and Jaclyn [Digital Marketer, OnQ Marketing] are my first reference points of contact. They do ongoing work for us, including reporting and recommendations. They’re also responsive to requests that I put in, whether it be little changes to our website or the projects that we kind of planned to do in the next few months. Jaclyn does the EDM monthly for me, as well.

How did you come to work with OnQ?

A friend of mine was using them. I subscribed to a blog that Jaclyn wrote and decided what they did fit what I was looking for.

We spend around $900 a month. That’s been our agreement since our engagement a few years ago. The website may have cost me around $3,000.

We started working together in June 2013 and the work is ongoing.

When we first engaged with them about 3 years ago, we were getting about 800-900 hits a month on our website. Now we’re up around 4,500 hits a month. I was really pleased with the process of them doing the website. They’re very professional and responsive. They’re really reasonable for the quality of the product that we got. Their advice and their support on the website have been really good, as well.

Quentin is very up-to-date with things like Google algorithms and what we need to do in anticipation to make sure we fit in with those. He updates things like security certificates that I wouldn’t really understand or have any idea about. As far as design goes, they’re very good at initiating changes in design and implementing their knowledge of marketing. They’re currently working with us on recommendations for a new website as well.

How did OnQ perform from a project management standpoint?

They are excellent. We communicate through email and telephone and we use Asana to manage our projects.

A few years ago, when I first started using them, they stood out from the SEO company that I previously used because of their approach to the holistic digital marketing. The other companies I used were very much about tinkering a few keywords here and there or changing the text to just include the keywords in a very unnatural way. Quentin and Jaclyn were really good at saying that we need high-quality content.

They advise us on what to do for our blog posts, and that kind of fits in with the people we want to engage. They’re really good at knowing and understanding our business as a whole and advising us of the best way that we can create our digital image based on that, rather than just looking at very specific components of getting hit or certain keywords.

They’re excellent – I have no complaints.

As part of the engagement process, ensure that some of the time you paid them for is dedicated to either a face-to-face or Skype meeting to make and execute plans. They’ve got a lot of great ideas. It’s really good to remind yourself, as a business owner, to re-engage with them and to make the most of those bigger ideas.

Social Media Marketing for Retail Marketing Service

"Nothing is too difficult for them."

June 2014 - Ongoing

OnQ Marketing manages SMM and targeted strategies for different retail precincts, creating content and implementation plans alongside internal team members and third-party clients as needed.

Australia
Principal Consultant, Retail Marketing Service

Their digital presence and online members have grown significantly since OnQ Marketing came on board. Their reliable oversight, prompt turnaround time, and attention to detail continue to drive results.

I am the principal consultant for a marketing firm that manages multiple retail-focused main streets in Melbourne, Victoria.

For what reason(s) did your company hire OnQ Marketing?

We recognized that OnQ has the insight and ability to understand our needs and requirements in providing social media and management support.

We wanted to build a website and social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for our shopping precincts and to be able to manage them in a cost-effective and timely manner in order to promote our retail precincts to a wider audience.

After working with the principals of OnQ on other projects, I understood their work ethic, commitment, and professionalism, which is what we look for in a company. From that perspective, choosing them for our projects made sense.

OnQ reviews the existing social media for the center, and they provide recommendations for building support on these platforms depending on the relevant target market. Then, they present an implementation strategy, budget, and management plan. They also work with our client to produce specialty campaigns, which can be included in the plan or implemented as separate campaigns during the year. They oversee the project and provide monthly reviews to our client as well.

The team consists of representatives from OnQ working 1-on-1 with me for the various projects we have in place.

We’ve had many successes, but most importantly they have increased our online support and members.

The whole process was seamless. They deliver and implement their work on time.

Nothing is too difficult for them.

I haven’t come across any issues.