Fueled By Optimism

We are web design, social media, graphic design, and print experts who cultivate brands and promote businesses.

We’re experienced professionals who take pride in what we do. When hired, we’ll get to know your business from the inside out, then build custom solutions that will drive sales. We take the time to learn exactly what you want, and then deliver that and more – all at a realistic cost.

We get to know you. Careful analysis of consumer wants and needs coupled with strategic execution is critical to the delivery of a successful product. One size does not fit all. That’s why we create programs that capture your unique point of view.

We cultivate partnerships. Olive Street Design uses a collaborative approach in everything we do. Every project is based on a detailed study of your company, your product or service and your goals. We work together to bring your vision to life.

Every project is important to us. We don’t feel our job is complete until we have left you completely satisfied. It’s that simple.

We shape the experiences and interactions your customers and clients have with your company online and in print, and it’s a responsibility that we take seriously. We know that exceptional development and design can convert browsers into buyers and consistently deliver sales, and we know what it takes to get there.

2005
Villa Park, IL

The Seattle Times

Sweet Baby Ray's Catering

Maggie Daley Park

The Hasty Pudding (of Harvard University)

Tricoci University

A Major Super PAC

Northwestern University Kellogg Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative

Harvard Lampoon

Web Redesign For Events Company

“They combined what they know with the direction of our team, and the end result was great.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Olive Street Design redesigned and continue to provide support for three websites for an events company group, updating the design, content, and SEO of the sites, as well as ensuring they are mobile-ready.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Duce Raymond
Managing Partner, SBR Events Group

The new look of the redesigned websites has been well-received both internally and by customers, and is aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and mobile-friendly. Though they could take more initiative to complete projects without supervision, the team is personable, accessible, and responsive.

I am the managing partner of SBR Events Group, and the director of culinary for our catering companies. We are a group of three different companies, including an event and decor company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

We wanted all of our websites to be unique to their brand, but also have consistency across the group, so it was clear we were the same company. We also wanted to update our web presence. All our websites were out of date and we needed to bring them into 2017.

We had a meeting and we looked through other websites, letting them know what we liked and didn’t like. We then provided them with pictures and content for our website. Through those meetings and with that content, they were able to develop what we wanted. They took our ideas from what we had on paper and brought them to life. With some tweaking after they got started, we were able to get the results fairly easily.

One feature that was important for us was to have our websites be mobile-ready, allowing them to be converted for a tablet, phone, or desktop. We wanted people to be able to click-to-call straight from the site on their phone. This was a big change for us. It’s still a basic website, but we wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing, user-friendly, and suitable to use on all devices. They were able to meet those needs.

They also did some SEO work for us, in addition to creating some copy on the pages; they worked together with our marketing director for that.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

The previous owners of the company recommended them to us.

About $10,000.

We started working with them in March 2016 and the work is ongoing.

The websites have definitely benefited our business. We get leads from them, people tell me the sites look great, and I am happy with the way they look. They are current and really show our brands. I think they did a great job under the direction of our team.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They combined what they know with the direction of our team, and the end result was great. They were responsive as well.

They are personable and easy to talk to. When I need something, I reach out to Nat, who is the owner, and he takes care of me. We have a good relationship. For the most part, they are accessible, and that is huge for me in the IT world, because other companies we work with can be hard to get direct contact with, but that is not the case with them.

Their content creation and ability to work without as much direction. I don’t know how realistic that is for those type of companies, but it would be great if I could tell them what I want and have them do it, instead of it being a team effort to get to where we wanted to go.

Web Redesign for Interior Design Firm

“We really took things up a notch with Olive Street Design.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Olive Street Design provides full-spectrum branding and marketing services. They redesigned and update the company website and provide oversight and reporting on SEO and analytics.

Kurt Jacob Miller
Marketing Director, Anthony Michael Interior Design

Olive Street Design is a small, local, creative team that delivers exceptional results in a crowded, competitive industry. They are transparent with reporting, adaptable, and forward-thinking, constantly seeking feedback or offering valuable input and suggestions to maximize performance.

I am the director of marketing at Anthony Michael Interior Design, Ltd., a high-end residential interior design firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

Our goal was to create a brand identity in a competitive industry and in a larger market share in Chicago.

We have worked with Olive Street Studios for a couple of years. They handle our website, landing pages, print, media, press kits, and business cards.

They helped us fine-tune and tailor our website. They completely redesigned it, added separate pages regarding press, and created specific landing pages for people to find us through Google searches. We revamped our entire image and branding through them. We constantly update the press portion of the site to include new magazines and publications that we have been featured in. These are added with links that take the viewer directly to the magazine article. We also added headshots, bios, and profiles of our staff. We really took things up a notch with Olive Street Studios.

Their creative team of a lot of younger people can easily answer my questions and handle the tech portion of things. In addition to redesigning the website, they also take care of all the analytics and keep me updated on SEO. They show me what keywords people are using to find us, how many visits we are getting to our site, and how long they are on the site, as well as how our site is doing in comparison to our competitors’ sites in the Chicago market. They also show us our national ranking for websites in that market.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

We found Olive Street Design through their great reputation. They are a small, hands-on firm, and we were referred through long-time friends.

We have spent upwards of $10,000 with them.

They have been working with our firm for years, but I personally started working with them seven months ago. The work is ongoing on an almost daily basis.

When I meet with them in person, they show me how our website is doing in comparison to our closest competitor. This comparison offers me insight into things that we should do and things that we do correctly.

Nat, the owner, suggested creating landing pages. We have a landing page for our target area in Chicago that pleased us with 26 views last month, almost one per day.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I act as the project manager. They do what I ask them to do, and they offer their input as well as suggestions. They are great and always efficient; they get things done. They are very agreeable to make changes. I throw a lot at them last minute, and they always respond quickly.

They are small, creative, and local. They are a very forward-thinking firm.

We have had our ups and downs, but overall things have gone very well.

I receive calls daily from other firms that want our business; they want to show us what we are doing wrong and how we can improve on it. I meet with them, but none compare to what Olive Tree is doing for our company. We are happy with them.

They always meet any deadlines that are thrown at them.
    They aren’t the least expensive.
    I recommend them all the time.

Web Design for Beauty School

"They delivered on time and were very easy to work with."

Spring - Summer 2015

Olive Street Design redesigned a website to improve its navigation and look based on their client's brand standards. The site's contact forms are connected to a CRM to optimize lead capture.

VP of Marketing, Tricoci University of Beauty Culture

The new site more than doubled the traffic and 10% lower bounce rate than the previous site, and online inquiries increased by 50%. Olive Street Design's communication and project management stood out.

Tricoci University of Beauty Culture is a premier beauty education provider for cosmetology, aesthetics, manicuring, and barbering. I’m the VP of marketing and communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

We needed a new website. Ours was outdated and hard to navigate.

We worked with Olive Street Design to create the architecture for the site. We did a complete revamp of our website with a responsive design, new navigation, and a site rollout based on our true brand standards.

We gave them a navigation map of how we would like the site to be structured and they did the wireframes, the design, etc. We provided imagery assets and a 14-page brand standards guideline for the company. Some of the special features include building out multiple lead forms that would integrate with our CRM [customer relationship management] system. We coded each form differently so we could tell where the leads were coming from on the site. We built our site on WordPress which has been much easier for our marketing manager to use. We have a custom image gallery, a custom video gallery, and a social media wall. We provided all the content and we handle the majority of the SEO [search engine optimization]. They provide feedback annually so we know what’s going with our keywords and other SEO work. They’ve also designed five custom vehicle wraps.

They helped us through the whole design process and development. They continue to work with us on backend development for when we need to make updates that are outside of our current online marketing manager’s capabilities.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

My marketing manager had worked with them on other projects. When we put the project out to bid, they seemed to understand what we were looking for and were willing to put in the time to understand our brand and deliver what we wanted. Other firms were not as adept at creating the brand we wanted or they were trying to have the website do something different than what we wanted.

How much have you invested with Olive Street Design?

We’ve spent between $10,000 and $50,000 with them in total.

We started working with them in the spring of 2015 and the work was completed in three months. They provide ongoing support for the website and we’ve also used them for other projects.

We’ve seen our traffic more than double compared to our previous site. The engagement is up quite a bit and the bounce rate is down by 10%. The inquiries we receive through our website have gone up about 50% year over year.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered on time and were very easy to work with. They gave us consistent updates, and if they needed anything from us, they let us know. We didn’t feel like we had to manage them.

What did you find most impressive about Olive Street Design?

They delivered on what was promised. They met the deadlines and had a sense of urgency to do so. They were very easy to work with. I really appreciate their willingness to go into a new industry vertical and really understand the business and what will work for that specific industry.

Are there any areas Olive Street Design could improve?

I don’t think I’ve been involved in a complete website overhaul that has gone as smoothly and seamlessly as this one.

Overall Score I have recommended them already.
    They hit every milestone and delivered the project on time.
    They came in at or under most of the competitor bids.
    The work was spot on for our brand and extremely high quality.

B2C Website for Commercial Door Supplier

“There are no excuses or delays, just results.”

Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Olive Street designed and coded a website featuring pedestrian doors. Their team still provides support and strategic input.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Jennifer Garramone
CEO, Doors Done Right, Inc.

The website immediately generated organic leads and continues to stimulate business growth, which is attributed to Olive Street’s proactive approach. Plus, their principal is directly involved in the project.

I’m the CEO of a company that supplies, installs, and repairs commercial pedestrian doors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We asked them to design a website that would be easy to find on the Internet.

Our goal was to increase our business with an easy-to-use website.

They were referred to us.

They built and designed the website from scratch. I provided information and pictures, and Olive Street Design did the rest. They continue to manage our site.

I worked with Nat (Principal, Olive Street Design).

Our collaboration has been extremely successful and exceeded our expectations. In the past three years, we’ve worked with other companies who claimed they could do the same thing, but Olive Street’s work has generated more phone calls and leads from the website. The minute we went live, I received an email from a client who found us online, and it has not stopped since then.

Everything has gone smoothly, with no issues or problems at all. They contact me to make sure everything is still working properly and that we are generating business from the site.

They actually do what they say they will do. There are no excuses or delays, just results. I had no experience in making a website, but Nat (Principal, Olive Street Design) has been extremely patient with me and quite professional throughout the whole process.

None that I can think of.

Updated Review

This review was updated on MONTH DAY, YEAR by the client. New content is below.

Company response

This comment was provided by NAME, POSITION at COMPANY, on MONTH DAY, YEAR.

Web & Social Channel Design for Interior Planner

"Once I met with the team, I knew I’d found the right fit."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Olive Street Design modeled and built a new web platform and social media channels to attract interior design customers. After preparing graphics, logos, and content, they now manage support.

Amy Rooney
President, Amy Rooney Interiors

The finished website successfully conveyed key branding elements and lent a competitive edge. Olive Street Design’s pleasant demeanor, transparency, and intuitive knowledge of UI/UX elements continue to impress.

I am the owner/president of a residential interior design company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

I needed to create a website and other social media channels for my business.

I wanted a partner to create an attractive, functional site to drive business and provide prospective clients with a clear vision of my company.

I looked at other interior design firms’ websites in Chicago and noticed that Olive Street had built several of the ones I liked. Once I met with the team, I knew I’d found the right fit.

Olive Street created my entire website, including images, logos, and text.

I first connected with Nat (Principal/Creative Director, Olive Street Design) and then worked with the rest of his wonderful team.

After seeing the results of my new website, I highly recommend Olive Street.

We have a great partnership.

They’re easy to work with, incredibly professional, and knowledgeable!

No, I didn’t notice anything that needed to be addressed.

Overall Score They're a great team.
    Olive Street made scheduling easy.
    They're priced reasonably.
    I'm very impressed!
    I highly recommend Olive Street.