Creative visionary can 10x your project outcomes

Nathan Lee Bush has spent the better part of a decade shooting, editing, and/or directing videos for iconic brands like Budweiser, Panera, YouTube, Reeses, Sonos, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Johnny Walker, Tiffany’s, Seamless, American Eagle, Covergirl and Leica, and media properties like The Atlantic, Esquire, Instyle, Glamour, Complex and Harper’s Bazaar.

Freelancer
Brooklyn, NY
  • 237 S 4th St
    Brooklyn, NY 11211

Youtube, Budweiser, Panera, Sonos, Facebook, Captain Morgan, Leica, Covergirl, Converse, SK-II, Johnny Walker, Reeses, Zest, Jolly Rancher, Brookside, Dick's Sporting Goods, Leesa, Oribe, Seamless, Dark Horse Wine, Tiffany & Co., Morgan Stanley, James Beard Foundation, Park Avenue Armory

Video for Brookside Chocolate

Nathan Lee Bush served as director, cinematographer, and editor for this ad for Brookside Chocolate that resulted in a high view count, increased viewership, and boosted business.

Panera needed a video that highlighted their commitment to quality ingredients. Nathan Lee Bush served as cinematographer and editor for an engaging and visually stunning video that showed off their approach.

Filmed "My Dark Horse Story" Alexander Chung

Alexander Chung's iconic brand brought in Nathan Lee Bush to serve as cinematographer for a stunning visual that was an artistic statement and powerful marketing tool in equal measure.

My Dark Horse Story: Babba Canales

director

colorist

Behind the Flame: Sonos Remasters the Yule Log

Short Documentary for Women's Protection Nonprofit

"He is extremely talented with a camera and just has an eye for seeing the best shots."

May - Nov. 2019

Continuing their partnership, Nathan Lee Bush Video produced a short documentary to raise awareness about female genital mutilation. They filmed over two days, focusing on B-roll and survivor testimonials.

Austin, Texas
Natalie Arroyo
Program Assistant, AHA Foundation

Nathan Lee Bush Video collaborated closely with the internal team to ensure that they approached the topic thoughtfully. As a result, stakeholders praised the final short for how beautifully it was done. Some even felt empowered to take action to stop female genital mutilation in their states.

I am a Program Assistant at the AHA Foundation. We are a small non-profit that works to end female genital mutilation, child and forced marriage, and honor violence in the U.S.

For what projects/services did your company hire Nathan Lee Bush Video?

I have worked with Nathan on multiple projects but this was the first time we met in person for the filming of this video. He directed and helped film for two separate days, one in the city and one day in the studio. Additionally he provided visual editing, sound mixing, color editing, to supply us with a finished product.

This short documentary was meant to raise awareness of female genital mutilation in the U.S. through our social media and press coverage. We wanted to have a hard-hitting emotional appeal style video that showed the truth behind this practice. In addition, we wanted to inspire people to take action in their own states to end this practice.

Nathan has an extensive history and portfolio of excellent work. Initially we were impressed with his past videos and editing. Additionally, he had worked in the state that we were traveling to film in and had connections with a crew in the area.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We had two days of filming. One day was more focused on b-roll, where we walked around different parts of the city and captured footage.

The next day we filmed in the studio, and focused on the survivors story. Nathan and his crew set up the studio in the morning while the subjects had their hair and makeup done for filming. Next, we filmed the first video segment which was an interview. Nathan directed his crew the whole time, and we ended up with a beautiful end product.

We also filmed two additional videos which were single subject, direct to camera videos. He did a wonderful job of explaining different tips and tricks to get the best video quality to the subjects.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Nathan and I corresponded for about a month and a half before we met up for filming. I wrote out a script and what I wanted accomplished, and sent it to him for him to review.

The night before we began filming, we met up and talked over the script. He gave me his ideas and creative feedback to make sure we accomplished our goal for the video. Nathan is extremely creative and talented, and it showed in the final product. I really trust his creative opinion and was grateful for the expertise he brought to this project.

The next day he had a crew of three people to help with sound and different camera angles. In terms of editing and feedback, I worked directly with Nathan and I passed on the feedback to the rest of our team.

Many of our stakeholders have commented on how beautifully done the video is, and how empowering it feels. Some supporters have said it inspired them to take action in their state, to protect women and girls from female genital mutilation.

Nathan and I texted mostly to plan because we live in different states. I never had an issue reaching him or scheduling the shoot.

Nathan is determined to make your final product the best work possible. He is extremely talented with a camera and just has an eye for seeing the best shots.

I appreciated that he wasn't afraid to ask for exactly what he needed, he is highly organized and extremely professional and experienced in regard to planning out the shoot. The end product was better than I ever could have imagined.

NA

Overall Score Creative, professional, and well worth the money. I couldn't ask for a better vendor to use!
    Very responsive and willing to travel!
    This was our biggest production we have ever done, and we feel that we paid a fair price for the videos we received!
    Music selection, editing, emotionally appealing, nice colors, and overall theme of the video were excellent and exactly what we asked for
    Couldn't recommend him more highly, we will be using him for any projects we need.

Video Component of Ad Campaign for Photographer

“He took a very difficult situation and made it easy for me, and that’s all I could ever ask for.”

June 2017

Nathan of Nathan Lee Bush Video fulfilled the director of photography role for a short commercial. He provided graded finals and did some editing. He also assisted on another video project.

New York City Metro Area
Mark Mann
Owner, Mark Mann Photography

Despite strict time, space, and budget constraints, Nathan excelled at managing expectations. He did a great job balancing his ideas with the client’s inclinations rather than forcing his creative vision. Conscientious and responsive, Nathan simplified a challenging project.

I own Mark Mann Photography. I’m a photographer and director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nathan Lee Bush Video?

We needed help shooting a short commercial.

Nathan (Filmmaker & Photographer, Nathan Lee Bush Video) was the commercial’s director of photography (DP). We told him what we were trying to do, and he assessed the situation and told us what he could realistically do given our time, space, and budget restrictions. He provided graded finals for us to edit, and he also did some editing. The result was a one-minute video for internet advertising.

I’ve engaged Nathan for a few other projects, including one with Tiffany’s for Mother’s Day.

We just worked with Nathan.

How did you come to work with Nathan Lee Bush Video?

I can’t remember how I found Nathan Lee Bush Video, but we’ve done a few projects together.

The commercial project was in June 2017. It took about a month to shoot, edit, and deliver.

Nathan did very well as the DP. He took a very difficult situation and made it easy for me, and that’s all I could ever ask for. He was a great guy to work with.

How did Nathan Lee Bush Video perform from a project management standpoint?

Nathan had great ideas and was very good at managing client expectations. He understood that although what the client demanded wasn’t always the best creative answer, he needed to listen and work with them. He tried to understand client needs rather than enforcing his own creative vision, which is sometimes a struggle with DPs. I wouldn’t hesitate to work with him again.

We had all sorts of tight restrictions, like time and budget, and Nathan was a great partner to work with because he got the job done. His work was very satisfactory.

Nathan was also conscientious; he responded to us quickly and had answers. If he didn’t have an answer, he got back to us with one. He’s somebody you can feel comfortable will get the job done.

I never ran into a situation where I had to ask him to do something differently, so I’m not sure.

Just be honest. Be upfront with your budget and your client needs, and Nathan will get back to you with the same honesty.

Overall Score He did well.
    Nobody’s perfect, but he’s a good guy.

Video Editorial Work for Production Company

"Nathan’s autonomy and creativity stood out to us. He meshed well with our team but was also self-sufficient."

Mar. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Nathan Lee Bush Video provided video editing support for a studio looking to launch a mini-series. The teammate compiled clips to create 15-, 30-, and 60-second trailers and produced social media assets.

51- 200 Employees

New York City Metro Area
Producer, Production Company

The efforts were impressive from Nathan Lee Bush Video. The one point of contact ensured the project ran smoothly, meaning the collaboration was productive, efficient, and resulted in strong work. Being a self-starter and innovative, Nathan was a valuable asset.

I’m a former producer at a studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nathan Lee Bush Video?

We were working with a large team of creatives to launch a mini-series project and we had quite a bit of output needed. We hired Nathan (Filmmaker, Nathan Lee Bush Video) to support this project as one of the lead editors.

Nathan primarily supported us by providing video editorial work, including animation and design. For the most part, he helped us piece together clips to create compelling trailers for the weekly episodes. The trailers were between 15–60 seconds long, condensing footage from the full episodes.

Once we launched the series, the work focused on creating weekly assets that we’d use across all social media channels. We also did some paid media campaigns to promote the content, which Nathan also helped with.

Nathan was our only point of contact.

How did you come to work with Nathan Lee Bush Video?

I wasn’t involved in the project when Nathan Lee Bush Video was hired to support the work, so I’m unsure of the process.

We’ve spent in the $50,000–$200,000 range, but it’s hard to tell how much as it was on a freelance day-rate scale.

We roughly worked with Nathan from March 2017–March 2018.

As far as Nathan’s performance, he did a great job. He was very creative and incorporated great ideas into the work. He was successfully able to implement the content we needed while also utilizing his own vision. Nathan positively influenced the project and his creativity helped us produce strong work.

How did Nathan Lee Bush Video perform from a project management standpoint?

Nathan was very easy to work with. We have a pretty tight system in place and he was very well-versed in how to handle the workflow. In addition to following the protocol well and being organized, Nathan was also able to lead himself creatively. He was open to feedback and receptive to our needs, but also able to do the work independently.

Nathan’s autonomy and creativity stood out to us. He meshed well with our team but was also self-sufficient. Recently, I brought Nathan onto a project at my new job, and we had an easy integration with the existing team. He has an eye for the creative and technical work.

Whereas some editors can skew work to match their own ideas, Nathan was great at looking at the work holistically and strategically. In a digital world where people are bombarded by visual stimulation, Nathan is aware of how to create strong, practical final products. He was one of the better editors I’ve ever worked with and I appreciated his influence on the project.

If I had to think of something to improve, it’d be beneficial for Nathan to continue improving his animation abilities. In the current landscape, it’s important for editors to continuously strengthen their skill sets.

Give Nathan enough direction to get him going, but don’t be so prescriptive that he doesn’t have any creative freedom. The sweet spot is finding the right balance and flexibility.