Creative Development Agency

Naked takes a people-centric approach to building, branding & marketing your next big idea. Whatever stage in the process you’re at we come alongside you to become your partner.

We know that building an app that real people will love is a risky, creative endeavour. That’s why we don’t make assumptions, we remove them. We discover, strategize, design, develop, brand and launch businesses into the world. Yes, our services are very good, but more than that we offer our experience from decades of guiding teams away from common pitfalls and flashy trends. We become your partner to overcome the tech obstacles, creative challenges and potential business blunders that stand between you and your objectives. Our US-based, inhouse team of creative problem-solving visionaries will help bring your ideas to life.

Check us out at nakeddev.com to learn more, say hello via email at [email protected] or give us a call at 949–214–4003. We look forward to making something great together.

Irvine, CA
  • 9281 Research Drive
    Irvine, CA 92618

Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Transamerica, Hyundai, Jim Henson, PGA of America, Experian, UPS, Quicksilver, and The American Red Cross.

If you just bought something big, don't make it a big deal to get home. Use Yazz to get it now.

You need to build a company. There are many ingredients that go into making a great app company, and like a cake, the ingredients need to go in the right order too. Here's John Driscoll's take on getting started.

Car Blip Image

Car Blip

We helped CarBlip to create an app that eliminates the hassle and headaches of searching across dozens of auto websites to find the car of your dreams. Every step of the guided process is professionally and personally handled so that all the customer needs to do is select their car and features of their choice. Then their new car will be delivered directly to their home. With a huge selection of brands housed under one

digital-roof, car buying has never been easier.
Vigor Fitness Image

Vigor Fitness

It can be hard to find the time to get to the gym every day or even every week. Once you are there it’s hard to know what to do to achieve the fitness goals that you have. Vigor fitness takes the best of personal training and fitness tracking and brings them together. With personal trainers at your fingertips and real-time tracking you have everything you need to get fit and stay fit in the convenience of your own home.

SnapMD leverages the power of technology to expedite the interaction between doctors and patients. We created a platform for them that allows doctors to be simply a video-chat or text-message away. Patients no longer need to try to describe symptoms over the phone, now they show doctors what’s happening and they can give advice and feedback in real time.

Life.Church Image

Life.Church

Life.Church is a company that pushes itself to always be on the cutting edge of its industry. When it comes to “the church” there is a lot of tradition and push back that they had to overcome. But culture demanded a better solution to all things church, and they delivered. This platform is not a replacement to in-person connections, but a way to reach more people in more places.

Guac Image

Guac

Saving money can be very difficult for younger generations that have grown up in a time when they have academic debt before they even have jobs. With a worldview focused on the now, the immediate, and the experience of what they can get out of life with a ‘yolo’ attitude. They still need to save, as they mature this becomes a desire, but they haven’t been given a method that fits their lifestyle. Until now.

Mobile App Dev & Design for Early-Stage App Startup

"They were helpful and polite."

June 2020 - Ongoing

Naked. designed and developed a prototype of an iOS and Android self-improvement mobile app.

Wyatt Fletcher
Founder, Raava

Naked. delivered a solid prototype. The team possessed strong project management skills, responding quickly to questions. Their transparency and willingness to help were also valuable during the engagement.

I’m the founder of Raava.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked.?

I had ideas for a self-improvement app.

We gave them a lot of creative flexibility, and Naked. designed and developed an iOS and Android app.

I worked with four of their teammates routinely.

How did you come to work with Naked.?

I research developers and interviewed 5–7 app developers in the country. I eventually flew out and met with Naked. They had everything that I needed, including the experience.

We began working with them in June 2020, and I just wrapped up with them a couple of weeks ago. My work with them is over until the next step is ready to be taken.

We spent $15,000

I’ve researched over 20 apps that are similar to mine, and I’m excited about where it’s going to go. It’s a great prototype.

How did Naked. perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was good. They had a lot of online project management programs including Monday. I could go online and see where we were in terms of the weekly routine. There was never a question that didn’t have an immediate answer

The team always shared their honest opinions, which was helpful. No one was standoffish, and I never felt like it was on me to come up with everything to say. They were helpful and polite.

No, not that I can think of.

Do your research, and be open to change and their opinions.

Mobile App Design for Startup

“Everyone has great energy and ideas, and they’re open and honest.”

Jun. 2020 - Ongoing

Naked. provides app development services for a startup. Their work includes design and development.

Brent Underwood
CEO, SeeStash

Naked.’s work has met the mark, and the app has been lauded for its user-friendliness. The team is collaborative, honest, and engaging. Customers can expect a knowledgeable vendor that goes the extra mile to explain any technical concepts.

I’m the CEO of an app startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked.?

I hired Naked. to build a mobile app for my company.

They took my ideas and brought them to life in app form.

I worked with John (Co-founder & CEO), Jason (Co-Founder), Robby (Executive Creative Director), and Jenna (Mobile App Development Manager).

How did you come to work with Naked.?

I found them initially on Clutch, and then again when I was doing my own research. I reached out to several other companies. Their leadership gave me very personal attention, and I liked their philosophy to startups.

We’ve spent $15,000 so far.

We started working together in June 2020, and our work is ongoing.

The team was experienced and helpful in making me feel comfortable in sharing my ideas. It was a great two-way conversation. They did a great job of creating something fun and transparent, that’s also secure. When I showed it to my family and friends, they loved it and thought it was very user friendly.

How did Naked.perform from a project management standpoint?

They were spot-on and always kept me in the loop. We laid out what we would be going over week to week. If we needed to go back and reviews something, it was always noted in the follow-up meeting. We used Figma and EnVision for project management.

The culture they built throughout the project was very impressive. It feels like we’ve been working together for years. Everyone has great energy and ideas, and they’re open and honest. Overall, it’s a very calm and receptive culture. Especially during the pandemic, meeting with them was the highlight of my week.

No, they really exceeded my expectations.

If you’re new to creating an app, like I was, I would recommend working with Naked. They’ll guide you through the process at every step and won’t shame you for not knowing the terminology.

Dev Support for Wine Ecosystem Platform

“We’ve got exactly what we need to test our product and raise money.”

Naked. provides technical, design, and people support for a winery-to-consumer platform. The work incorporates building their stack and optimizing it in the pursuit of acquiring funding.

Sarah Kraft
CEO, WineFlight

Naked.’s work has met the mark across the board. The team is trustworthy, collaborative, and effective. They’ve become an integral part of their client’s work and success. Customers can expect a communicative team that delivers exceptional quality.

I’m the CEO of a platform that connects wineries and consumers. We’re a website and an app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked.?

We needed a cost-effective way to grow in our early stages.

We had a basic MVP, and because of their assistance, I had access to capital, a tech team, and designers. They help build out my stack and whatever I need to in order to acquire funding. Once we have the funding, for the next year, we can hire people through their infrastructure in a much more cost-effective way, so we can go to market at half the price.

They also provide moral and people support for me, since I’m the only person who’s hired by the company as a founding partner. I have access to resources here and there so I can raise cash.

I work directly with 4–5 people from their team. They’re mostly upper-level management.

How did you come to work with Naked.?

I met the founder & CEO, with his co-founder, at a networking event. We connected and it all worked out from there.

We’ve spent around $100,000.

We began working together in January 2019, and our relationship is ongoing.

They’ve provided great quality. We’ve got exactly what we need to test our product and raise money, as well as build something more elaborate.

How did Naked. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. Our communication is clear and upfront. If there are a couple of projects that have been added, I’m aware, but they always get back to me and fulfill their obligations. We use monday.com for project management.

They’re good people who do good work. They’re reliable and I feel like I not only have the support of a great team, but I also have amazing mentors and friends that have come along with it. They’re very trustworthy, which is important when you’re just starting out.

No, nothing comes to mind.

My advice is don’t be afraid to let them be an integral part of your team. Communicate clearly and effectively, and trust them; you’ll be able to see the results that you want.

App Dev for Social Network Startup

"All of the employees at Naked are great at their craft."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Naked. is developing a social-focused app for a social network startup. They're responsible for front- and backend development from scratch.

Irvine, California
CEO, Social Network Startup

Naked. is helping in every aspect to get the product to the market. Remaining available, their project management skills are great and they're easy to get in contact with. The team is excellent and their skills from project oversight to development are all impressive.

Our company is a Social Network startup designed to target a niche demographic. I am the CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked.?

We hired Naked for development of the product as well as assistance with the launch/marketing etc.

Our goal is to have a top tier product on the back and front end of development.

We had conducted several interviews with companies in the Orange County area (we wanted a local company). Naked seemed like the most capable of creating the product we envisioned and we meshed the best with Naked.

The project is a social focused app for Android/Apple stores. Naked was hired to complete the front and back end development starting from scratch. They have been working on features that are common in social platforms today.

The team composition consisted of a lead developer, creative director, chief design officer, UI/UX designer, project manager and 2 software developers

This project is the entirety of our business. Naked took an idea from scratch and has helped in every aspect of getting the product we envisioned into the market.

The project management has been great. Between then founder and his directors/engineers I can always get into contact with the team regarding the project.

The company has a great team. All of the employees at Naked are great at their craft. From the creative side to the development side to the project oversight, all has been impressive.

Our project isn't complete at this time, but at this stage I have no complaints with Naked Dev and I am very happy we decided to work with them on this project. I would choose them again and will continue to work with them.

Overall Score The experience with Naked Dev. has been great. We are very happy we decided to work with this company.
    Never had a problem getting a meeting scheduled.
    Naked was a bit more expensive than the other options, but we decided the quality of their work was worth the price.
    The quality has been great for this stage of development.
    I would reccomend anybody looking for development, product design, creative design, and UI/UX design to Naked Dev.

App Dev for Law Firm

"Working with people that are as creative as I am is awesome."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Naked. designed and developed a mobile application for a law practice. The solution is cross-platform on iOS and Android.

Miami, Florida
Jared Bossola
Owner, Jared F. Bossola, PLC.

Receiving top marks across the board, Naked. is an innovative team of artists. The client praises them for their outside-the-box thinking and ability to connect on a creative level. Throughout the project, they’ve demonstrated attentive service and communication.

I’m the owner of Jared F. Bossola, PLC., a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked.?

I’m developing a mobile application.

They’re providing me with start to finish design, placing my innovative ideas into someone’s pocket in an application. They’re also currently retained to market and potentially the application. The app itself is for my legal practice, and it’s cross-platform.

I work with 8-9 people including a project manager.

How did you come to work with Naked.?

I found them online through a Google search.

We’ve spent over six figures on this project.

We’ve been working with them since March 2019. I’ve had this idea for years and it just became a question of money.

If I was to rate them on a scale of 1-10, they’re a 13.5. They act as a project manager, owner, and support staff. They’re all top-notch and have great personalities. I’ve received everything I paid for. They think outside the box and are exactly who you hope to hire when you hire someone. I can’t speak any higher of this company than their own parents could.

How did Naked. perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re on-time and polite, just perfect.

I’m a creative, forward-thinking person, and so are they. Working with people that are as creative as I am is awesome. They’ve opened my eyes to so many different things that I didn’t know. Then, they took it to another level where they made it work. They created digital versions of my designs that came to life for me. I don’t want to sound like Disney, but they really do an amazing job. Additionally, their follow-up care and attention make me like them and want to continue working with them.

No, if I said something here it would be untrue.

Don’t worry about the cost. You’re going to get what you pay for. I waited for years to be able to pay for this and I don’t regret it.

Marketing Strategy & Design for HVAC Services Firm

"They want me to be happy and do everything they can to make me and my team happy."

2019 - Ongoing

Naked. provided advertising services for an air conditioning company. The team designed the advertisements and built and implemented a strategy for entering the market.

Moshe Yonatani
Owner, AirCall Services

The engagement exceeded the expectations of the internal team, leading to the opportunity for further collaboration. Naked. is transparent and communicative, facilitating a seamless workflow. The team goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

I am the owner of AirCall Services. I am responsible for two different air conditioning companies. We are pretty strong here in LA because it is a hot place.

One of the companies deals with a lot of new construction installations, and the other one is a startup and an application that we developed in the last five years. People buy a subscription, as low as $10.99 a month, and we service them and give them full coverage on the units.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked.?

I needed a crew that could helpe us with the design and strategy of how to get into the market.

They did anything from design for ads which were the simple part of the mission. We needed to fix a lot of things in my software and registration process in the app itself, as well as build a strategy around how to get into the market and in which way.

I needed them to give me some ways to get an idea of what the customers would like. I have absolutely no complaints about their performance so far. I like what I see, and I like what I get.

I have dealt with at least six people from their team including the programmers and software guy.

How did you come to work with Naked.?

We had gone through many individuals and companies until I got to Naked. and I am happy with them.

In the last five years, I got burned a lot in the application and marketing market. Finally, I decided to do some research. I looked from New York to Washington at many companies that offer the services I needed. I found Naked. online and they came all the way here, gave me their time, and sat with me. They explained things to me over and over again, and I got hooked. I felt they were the right guys.

It began almost a year ago, and the work is still ongoing.

So far, I love working with them. I seriously really feel like I am in good hands. They put me on track on a lot of different sides of that app and gave me an idea of where I need to be.

I am so confident in their ability, that I asked them to give me an estimate to build another two applications. I am not just an HVAC contractor, I am also an investor, and I believe that real estate is good, but I believe the next thing will be technology in almost any form. When the crisis with the pandemic will finish, I want to start other projects with them.

How did Naked. perform from a project management standpoint?

I have someone that deals with them on a weekly basis and she gets a very good response from them. Me personally, any time that I have called or contacted them in any way, I got a response right there on the spot and I know she gets the same treatment. I have no complaints in that area.

John (Founder, Naked.) and his crew really care. They want me to be happy and do everything they can to make me and my team happy. I think we have the same mindset and bottom line, we need results, and that is what drives me to continue the relationship.

None that comes to mind. I think they are doing great.

If someone wants to work with them I would say that it has been working for me. In between people, there has to be some chemistry. I work with a lot of contractors, and I have chemistry with each one of them. When I don’t have chemistry, I prefer not to work with them.

I like working with John because he is pragmatic. He gets right to the point and there is no wasting time. For me, it is very important not to waste time. It is important to me as an investor and businessman, as I don’t want to put hundreds of thousands and then find out it was all for nothing. I know they delivered in the past, and I am confident they will deliver in the future.

When you work on a project as we did, every product is different. I may do another two apps with them, and one or both might fail, but as a businessman, I understand that is a risk that I am taking, not them. I would highly recommend John and his team.

I am very hard to satisfy. There is always a place to do more and better otherwise I wouldn’t be where I am.
    I think the cost is fair.

App Dev Staff Augmentation for Cybersecurity Company

"Naked. was responsive to any challenges or hiccups faced during the project."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Naked. provided experienced developers to augment a cybersecurity firm's in-house mobile app development team. They supported technical development according to an Agile development strategy.

Irvine, California
Partner, Cybersecurity Firm

Naked.'s staffers performed excellently and were instrumental in completing deliverables in a timely manner. Their team was committed to ensuring the project worked correctly and put in extra work when necessary. In terms of project management, they were responsive and made use of standard tools.

Our company is a Professional Services Firm specializing in Physical and Cybersecurity Operations.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked.?

We enlisted Naked's expertise to augment our existing technical team in developing an information security-sharing mobile application.

We wanted to create a mobile app that had the ability to synthesize large amounts of threat data and present to end user in a simplified manner. We anticipate this project increasing the competency and awareness of our chosen demographic.

Our company was debating whether or not to develop the entire project in-house but also did our due-diligence in speaking to multiple firms that could seamlessly fit within our technical team. We ultimately decided to go with Naked because of their comfort level with high impact projects having an aggressive deliverable schedule and their overall complementary positioning vis-a-vis our in-house team.

Our project included developing a mobile application which increased the cybersecurity of small and medium sized businesses. Naked was responsible for supporting our technical leads and providing the necessary surge capacity to meet an agile and aggressive product development schedule.

Naked. provided a PM, UX/UI Lead and two developers.

Project was recently launched and with the help of the Naked team, we were able to meet all of our deliverables for our client.

Naked. was responsive to any challenges or hiccups faced during the project. They used multiple project management tools including Trello and Basecamp.

One of their greatest strengths was their commitment to ensuring we get it alright as a team. If something was unclear or not working properly in dev environment, the team put in the long hours required to fix any outstanding issues.

When bringing in a tech team to augment your in-house personnel, it's important to come up with a project plan whereby both teams agree on a viable development methodology that works for all parties. It took us a bit of time to get there but once we did, it worked out just fine.

App Development for Artist Networking Agency

“Their communication, professionalism, and development are all top-notch.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Naked Development has built an app for an artist networking agency from scratch. They’ve been involved from the inception to the preliminary MVP.

Dallas, Texas
John Montes
CEO, The VertiZontal Group

Although the app hasn’t undergone testing, early responses have been favorable. Naked Development sticks to the schedule and is quick to address any points of concern.

I'm the founder and CEO of my company based out of Dallas, Texas. We specialize in artist development and networking. After seven years of working in artist development, we saw certain pockets that needed to be filled.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked Development?

Although we had an idea for an app for seven years, we couldn't complete this large task ourselves. We hired Naked Development to build our app.

I simply wanted to create a user-friendly product that isn't intimidating to anyone on any level in a reasonable amount of time.

I shopped for a year for the right development company, but none fit my criteria. Finally, I got a call back from Naked Development. I ended up comparing them to ten different companies, both US-based and global. Naked Development was very responsive and continue to be. I still feel like I made the perfect decision.

Being that this was my first venture of this magnitude, I didn't know too much about app development. Naked Development not only took on their part of the process, but they also educated me in areas I was unfamiliar with. They’ve taken on my project from the beginning to the end. The complete design and functionality have been incredible to watch and experience.

They assigned a small team of competent people.

We haven't tested the solution as of yet, but those I've shared the concept with can't wait to get the app.

They’ve handled the project very well and professionally. Schedules have been on time, and they’ve met deadlines. Even now, they still communicate any concerns and answer questions that I may have.

Their communication, professionalism, and development are all top-notch.

No, I appreciate their efforts and how well things are going/have gone.

Overall Score This company is worth your investment.
    They make scheduling easy though email communication.
    They're reasonably priced—compatible to their competitors.
    Not only is their product incredible, so is the staff.
    This is a great company for veteran developers and newbies.

Mobile App Dev and UX Optimization for Fitness Company

“The team takes the time to find a personal connection to our vision and purpose, keeping our best interests in mind.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Naked Development is building a mobile app and user experience to reflect a pivoted brand. They analyzed the project vision and requirements and provided a variety of designs. The project is underway.

Denver, Colorado
Kevin Allen
Co-Founder & CEO, ViGOR FiTNESS

Their work has initiated opportunities with investors, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the user-friendly, intuitive design. They incorporate feedback and challenge core assumptions, a balance that promises to deliver high-quality results. The team is timely and communicative.

I’m the CEO of a fitness technology startup. We connect fitness equipment to proprietary content, competitions, and community via mobile devices.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked Development?

My company had built a beta mobile application that connects our proprietary content and curriculum to rowing machines. Having pivoted our brand to broaden offerings, we hired Naked Development to build upon our beta app and create an optimal user experience.

We wanted a user-friendly, intuitive, and fun mobile app that reflected our revamped business direction. In designing the new user experience, we needed to consider customer retention and conversion rates.

We evaluated several companies. A marketing partner recommended Naked Development, and it was evident after a few conversations that they understood our product and purpose and would be passionate about bringing it to market.

First, Naked Development analyzed our vision. We provided information from the development and launch of the Beta app. They compiled sample design pallets for my team to consider. After several meetings, we chose a design.

Currently, we are working through specific feature and experience paths to ensure maximum efficiency for users.

My team works directly with a project manager. We met the entire team upfront, which includes developers, marketing executives, and strategists.

Naked Development has delivered a design that my entire team can be proud of. They ensure we meet milestones, which has fostered positive relations with potential investors.

Naked Development encourages my team to contribute ideas and feedback, which they then incorporate into the next design or process iteration. They also challenge our assumptions and perspectives to guarantee the best end product.

We work almost entirely remotely. Naked Development’s deployment of Basecamp and Slack ensures seamless communication and coordination.

Naked Development treats our startup like a Fortune 500 company. This engagement has made a significant difference in the trajectory of our company. The deliverables speak for themselves.

Naked Development’s process and the team’s patience are exemplary. They know their craft. The team takes the time to find a personal connection to our vision and purpose, keeping our best interests in mind. They have guided us toward a common understanding of features, functions, and goals.

I have yet to find an area that needs improvement. Working with Naked Development has been a joy for my team, and we look forward to continuing our push to finish the project.

Overall Score I can’t imagine working with anyone else.
    Although they are busy, scheduling is easy.
    As a startup, cost is important; Naked Development has gone out of their way to make their services flexible and affordable.
    They are detail-oriented, which has made UI/UX very impressive.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Microsavings Platform

“They were able to develop something that was very special for us.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Naked Apps is building a microsaving mobile application for iOS, working from the initial ideas and developing several iterations of the app.

Orange County, California
Scott Armstrong
President, New World Savings

Soon to launch, the app is good quality with well-written code from the Naked Apps team. They managed the project well and communicated smoothly throughout, providing weekly updates on their progress.

I’m the president and CEO of New World Savings. We have an app called BankRoll which is a microsavings app. I run the day to day operations and create shareholder value.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked Apps?

We needed help building the application itself.

The application is for iOS right now. It puts the user in absolute control of how much they would like to save in a specific timeframe for a specific event.

They took care of the whole thing from the initial idea, working through several versions, and now we’re currently ready to launch. They also took care of the web development. It was a one-stop shop for me and that worked out really well.

We worked with Jason (Co-Founder, Naked Apps) who managed the whole development team. He was the lead I communicated with weekly, and he led a team of five to eight developers.

How did you come to work with Naked Apps?

We found them through a web search. I live in Orange County, California and I wanted to be able to go and visit the individual that I contracted with so it worked out well for me. I talked to a couple other development companies but when I met with Naked Apps, it seemed to be a good fit.

We’ve spent about $235,000 so far.

We started working with them in February 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The development process was quite challenging, but the code they wrote has worked out very well. They were able to achieve our goals, which several other development companies had some challenges with. They did really good work to bring it to market.

Overall, we have been pleased with the work. They were able to develop something that was very special for us.

How did Naked Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re just getting ready to launch, so they got it done in a timely fashion. We had certain benchmarks to meet, and they came pretty close from a software standpoint which is a moving target.

I feel the line of communication was good. They use an application that puts us all in the same loop. Anytime there’s a change, I’m made aware of it. We had a weekly call on Monday afternoons to go through the development and what they were able to accomplish the prior week. They worked really well with some of the external software people we had to connect with.

Their team is really good, and the communication is too. To me, having good communication is huge. I know exactly what’s going on along the way. Their development team is really good and compared to what I have heard from other people I know who are doing apps with other companies.

It took me a while to get my head around the software way of working. I come from a background where if you have a deadline, it is absolutely met; however, with software, it doesn’t happen that way. I would like them to fit more into my timeframes, but I don’t think that happens in software projects.

They got everything done in a reasonable amount of time. Overall, they did a good job with the timelines.
    They’re not the least expensive but they’re also not the most expensive and they provide good work.
    I’m very happy with the finished product and think the functionality is really good.