Creative Development Agency

Silver

Naked takes a people-centric approach to building, branding & marketing your next big idea. Whatever stage in the process you’re at we come alongside you to become your partner.

We know that building an app that real people will love is a risky, creative endeavour. That’s why we don’t make assumptions, we remove them. We discover, strategize, design, develop, brand and launch businesses into the world. Yes, our services are very good, but more than that we offer our experience from decades of guiding teams away from common pitfalls and flashy trends. We become your partner to overcome the tech obstacles, creative challenges and potential business blunders that stand between you and your objectives. Our US-based, inhouse team of creative problem-solving visionaries will help bring your ideas to life.

Check us out at nakeddev.com to learn more, say hello via email at [email protected] or give us a call at 949–214–4003. We look forward to making something great together.

Irvine, CA

Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Transamerica, Hyundai, Jim Henson, PGA of America, Experian, UPS, Quicksilver, and The American Red Cross.

Life.Church

Life.Church is a rapidly growing American evangelical multi-site church with multiple locations across the US. We’ve teamed up with the ever-growing Life.Church team to create and launch an app for both Android and iOS devices to help broaden their reach. The official Life.Church app is meant to keep its users connected, allowing users to access the extensive Life.Church media library loaded with past sermons to watch and

download.

It is more than a social interaction tool; it is one of the largest church groups in the country. This remarkable app serves to enhance one of Life.Church’s favorite sayings, “Take church with you wherever you go.” Since the launch, Life.Church has extended its audience by reaching a broader base with the apps mobility. Users can catch the latest message, follow Life.Church on social media, donate, find the closest Life.Church location, and invite friends and family to church. The Life.Church app has made it easier for users to connect to the church community no matter where they are.

BankRoll

We are changing the way people save with BankRoll. We’ve created a simple and clear way to help users save money through their spending. The mobile application simply pulls money into the designated BankRoll account each time a user swipes the preferred card linked to the account.

The beautifully designed and easy-to-navigate app allows users to customize short-term savings goals as they spend securely. Our developers

have diligently created a highly responsive user interface with functional and resourceful capabilities. BankRoll provides users quick access to their money to do the things that matter most.

ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat has brought on-demand, reliable landscaping to mobile. Users can request quality service when they need it from the convenience of their phone and instantly connect with landscaping professionals. The visually pleasing and functional application gives users a fast and secure way to find lawn care experts in their area and price range.

To ensure that the app was as intuitive and easy to learn as possible, our

team worked closely with ScapeGoat to create an app that can be managed by lawn care professionals and those who seek a dependable service.

Tending

We’ve teamed up with the Tending team to build a custom mobile app to help bartenders grow their following and enrich the experience of bar-goers. Since its launch, Tending has successfully connected bartenders to patrons in a way that is both social and engaging for both parties.

Committed to the highest quality result, our team of designers and developers has created a visually stunning, versatile and user-friendly

experience for everyone.

DraftCard

DraftCard has introduced a groundbreaking social experience for young athletes to interact, share and amplify their athletic exposure. The mobile app is the first of its kind to provide athletes an innovative way to capture their memories and achievements in a virtual “Digital Locker” throughout their career. The app has quickly gathered a large, loyal following since its launch.

Its captivating and

straightforward user interface is designed to give student athletes the tools to reveal their talent to college coaches in a fun and creative way. DraftCard users can create a shareable profile to connect with other like-minded athletes, add physical attributes, update their academic performance, input milestones including their statistics and achievements, and much more.

Lit - iOS App

We’ve come up with an engaging design and concept strategy for the ultimate party animal app by teaming up with Lit App, Inc. What started out on a college campus on the east coast is now growing into a hot spot for parties. LIT is currently in beta and is available to download now in the App Store for iOS devices. LIT is slowly making its way across different campuses, and now you can sign your campus up

today!

Find the hottest venues in your area and maximize your night. LIT uses real-time user feedback and geolocation to accurately show you parties in your area. Simply create an account and start receiving notifications to find out where all of your friends are raging. Experience the reach LIT had on Rutgers campus during LIT’s launch event.

LIT is effortlessly fun to use, entirely user friendly, the layout is smooth and the display is a riot.

Connect with other partiers to see what parties are on fire, get a detailed breakdown of each party and find out if it’s a blowout. Get live party stats, skip the longest lines, find the lowest covers, get treated like VIP and never get turned down at the door, and move to the best vibes. LIT is the perfect app for those who are up for the party scene challenge. Find out what type of partier you are by competing against friends, and use LIT to prove it.

myRisk iOS/Android App

The newly upgraded Myriad myRisk mobile app is a quick and accurate reference appropriately used by Healthcare professionals. The simple and inviting user-interface delivers clinically actionable data impacting inherited risks for 8 primary cancers, 28 genes and 20 syndromes. The app features an incredibly detailed overview on clinical material associated with Myriad’s myRisk hereditary cancer test.

The free

app is loaded with visually stunning graphics and guidelines based on a number of resources. The sleek interface allows for convenient and fast navigation; get anywhere in just three clicks. Informative videos are available for both patients and providers, and what used to be in 4 to 5 books is now consolidated into one, perfectly designed application. Optimize your research with comprehensive cancer risk and medical management guidelines all at your fingertips.

YurParty

We’ve created a mobile app designed to cater both planners and providers. YurParty is the pop every party needs when it comes to planning an event. The tastefully designed and easy-to-use app is packed with perks for both parties and is bringing the simplicity of mobile planning to the palms of hundreds.

App Development for Artist Networking Agency

“Their communication, professionalism, and development are all top-notch.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Naked Development has built an app for an artist networking agency from scratch. They’ve been involved from the inception to the preliminary MVP.

Dallas, Texas
John Montes
CEO, The VertiZontal Group

Although the app hasn’t undergone testing, early responses have been favorable. Naked Development sticks to the schedule and is quick to address any points of concern.

I'm the founder and CEO of my company based out of Dallas, Texas. We specialize in artist development and networking. After seven years of working in artist development, we saw certain pockets that needed to be filled.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked Development?

Although we had an idea for an app for seven years, we couldn't complete this large task ourselves. We hired Naked Development to build our app.

I simply wanted to create a user-friendly product that isn't intimidating to anyone on any level in a reasonable amount of time.

I shopped for a year for the right development company, but none fit my criteria. Finally, I got a call back from Naked Development. I ended up comparing them to ten different companies, both US-based and global. Naked Development was very responsive and continue to be. I still feel like I made the perfect decision.

Being that this was my first venture of this magnitude, I didn't know too much about app development. Naked Development not only took on their part of the process, but they also educated me in areas I was unfamiliar with. They’ve taken on my project from the beginning to the end. The complete design and functionality have been incredible to watch and experience.

They assigned a small team of competent people.

We haven't tested the solution as of yet, but those I've shared the concept with can't wait to get the app.

They’ve handled the project very well and professionally. Schedules have been on time, and they’ve met deadlines. Even now, they still communicate any concerns and answer questions that I may have.

Their communication, professionalism, and development are all top-notch.

No, I appreciate their efforts and how well things are going/have gone.

Overall Score This company is worth your investment.
    They make scheduling easy though email communication.
    They're reasonably priced—compatible to their competitors.
    Not only is their product incredible, so is the staff.
    This is a great company for veteran developers and newbies.

Mobile App Dev and UX Optimization for Fitness Company

“The team takes the time to find a personal connection to our vision and purpose, keeping our best interests in mind.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Naked Development is building a mobile app and user experience to reflect a pivoted brand. They analyzed the project vision and requirements and provided a variety of designs. The project is underway.

Denver, Colorado
Kevin Allen
Co-Founder & CEO, ViGOR FiTNESS

Their work has initiated opportunities with investors, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the user-friendly, intuitive design. They incorporate feedback and challenge core assumptions, a balance that promises to deliver high-quality results. The team is timely and communicative.

I’m the CEO of a fitness technology startup. We connect fitness equipment to proprietary content, competitions, and community via mobile devices.

For what projects/services did your company hire Naked Development?

My company had built a beta mobile application that connects our proprietary content and curriculum to rowing machines. Having pivoted our brand to broaden offerings, we hired Naked Development to build upon our beta app and create an optimal user experience.

We wanted a user-friendly, intuitive, and fun mobile app that reflected our revamped business direction. In designing the new user experience, we needed to consider customer retention and conversion rates.

We evaluated several companies. A marketing partner recommended Naked Development, and it was evident after a few conversations that they understood our product and purpose and would be passionate about bringing it to market.

First, Naked Development analyzed our vision. We provided information from the development and launch of the Beta app. They compiled sample design pallets for my team to consider. After several meetings, we chose a design.

Currently, we are working through specific feature and experience paths to ensure maximum efficiency for users.

My team works directly with a project manager. We met the entire team upfront, which includes developers, marketing executives, and strategists.

Naked Development has delivered a design that my entire team can be proud of. They ensure we meet milestones, which has fostered positive relations with potential investors.

Naked Development encourages my team to contribute ideas and feedback, which they then incorporate into the next design or process iteration. They also challenge our assumptions and perspectives to guarantee the best end product.

We work almost entirely remotely. Naked Development’s deployment of Basecamp and Slack ensures seamless communication and coordination.

Naked Development treats our startup like a Fortune 500 company. This engagement has made a significant difference in the trajectory of our company. The deliverables speak for themselves.

Naked Development’s process and the team’s patience are exemplary. They know their craft. The team takes the time to find a personal connection to our vision and purpose, keeping our best interests in mind. They have guided us toward a common understanding of features, functions, and goals.

I have yet to find an area that needs improvement. Working with Naked Development has been a joy for my team, and we look forward to continuing our push to finish the project.

Overall Score I can’t imagine working with anyone else.
    Although they are busy, scheduling is easy.
    As a startup, cost is important; Naked Development has gone out of their way to make their services flexible and affordable.
    They are detail-oriented, which has made UI/UX very impressive.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Microsavings Platform

“They were able to develop something that was very special for us.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Naked Apps is building a microsaving mobile application for iOS, working from the initial ideas and developing several iterations of the app.

Orange County, California
Scott Armstrong
President, New World Savings

Soon to launch, the app is good quality with well-written code from the Naked Apps team. They managed the project well and communicated smoothly throughout, providing weekly updates on their progress.

I’m the president and CEO of New World Savings. We have an app called BankRoll which is a microsavings app. I run the day to day operations and create shareholder value.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked Apps?

We needed help building the application itself.

The application is for iOS right now. It puts the user in absolute control of how much they would like to save in a specific timeframe for a specific event.

They took care of the whole thing from the initial idea, working through several versions, and now we’re currently ready to launch. They also took care of the web development. It was a one-stop shop for me and that worked out really well.

We worked with Jason (Co-Founder, Naked Apps) who managed the whole development team. He was the lead I communicated with weekly, and he led a team of five to eight developers.

How did you come to work with Naked Apps?

We found them through a web search. I live in Orange County, California and I wanted to be able to go and visit the individual that I contracted with so it worked out well for me. I talked to a couple other development companies but when I met with Naked Apps, it seemed to be a good fit.

We’ve spent about $235,000 so far.

We started working with them in February 2017 and the work is ongoing.

The development process was quite challenging, but the code they wrote has worked out very well. They were able to achieve our goals, which several other development companies had some challenges with. They did really good work to bring it to market.

Overall, we have been pleased with the work. They were able to develop something that was very special for us.

How did Naked Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re just getting ready to launch, so they got it done in a timely fashion. We had certain benchmarks to meet, and they came pretty close from a software standpoint which is a moving target.

I feel the line of communication was good. They use an application that puts us all in the same loop. Anytime there’s a change, I’m made aware of it. We had a weekly call on Monday afternoons to go through the development and what they were able to accomplish the prior week. They worked really well with some of the external software people we had to connect with.

Their team is really good, and the communication is too. To me, having good communication is huge. I know exactly what’s going on along the way. Their development team is really good and compared to what I have heard from other people I know who are doing apps with other companies.

It took me a while to get my head around the software way of working. I come from a background where if you have a deadline, it is absolutely met; however, with software, it doesn’t happen that way. I would like them to fit more into my timeframes, but I don’t think that happens in software projects.

They got everything done in a reasonable amount of time. Overall, they did a good job with the timelines.
    They’re not the least expensive but they’re also not the most expensive and they provide good work.
    I’m very happy with the finished product and think the functionality is really good.

iOS Development for Landscape Networking App

“Every aspect of their work focused on how to most effectively connect with the user.”

Aug. 2016 - Oct. 2017

Naked Labs managed the design and development processes in creating an iOS app with payment processing and scheduling functionality. Collaborative marketing efforts and a port to Android are imminent.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Chris Holt
CEO, ScapeGoat App LLC

The Naked Labs team prioritized their understanding the target audience and customized the app’s user flow accordingly. Their approach yielded an intuitive and reliable platform that’s been well received thus far. Deliberate project management streamlined communication throughout the engagement.

I’m the CEO and founder at Scapegoat, LLC. We’re a mobile app that connects homeowners to local landscapers and allows them to request and schedule specific services. Landscapers can choose the projects the Landscapers can choose the projects they’re willing to take on, and the homeowner can then choose between those that have responded to the job.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked Labs?

I needed a company to execute on my idea and lead the development process.

We started the process with an all-day meeting at their office in Irvine, CA, where I provided them with a few sketches and detailed my vision for the app. They went on to manage the entire development process. We built the app for iOS first, as to avoid having to make changes on two platforms. The app should be ready to port to Android come fall of 2018. They very effectively lined up a server company and took care of every detail so that I didn’t have to. Naked Labs also offers marketing services that I haven’t taken advantage of yet.

At the beginning, I was primarily engaging with the two co-founders, John and Jason. I also worked with a design lead and a project manager when the project began.

How did you come to work with Naked Labs?

I had a shortlist of about 10 companies I was considering for the project, and they stood out in several ways. They specialized in working with startups and shared my outlook on overall execution strategy. I contacted them and visited their office before contracting their services. I really liked their team and decided to move forward.

We’ve invested about $90,000 on the services provided thus far.

We started working together in August 2016, and the iOS app launched in October 2017. We’re now preparing to port the app to Android.

We’re just starting to ramp up our marketing efforts so we don’t have concrete user insights yet. We’ve seen about 55 downloads on the App Store and the app has maintained a five-star rating thus far. In the past couple of weeks, we’ve started getting requests and landscapers have been impressed with the payment system, which works fast and intuitively.

How did Naked Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

I had a dedicated project manager that managed all aspects of communication. I always spoke directly to him and he liaised with the Naked Apps team, which simplified the process and ensured that everyone was on the same page. We had weekly meetings and communicated primarily via phone, video chat, and email.

They emphasize user flow in their process, which yielded a unique and fine-tuned UX/UI. Every aspect of their work focused on how to most effectively connect with the user.

No, nothing comes to mind. They’re a great team.

Make sure to research and fully understand your target audience. If you convey that information to Naked Apps, they will tailor the app accordingly.

Overall Score It’s been a very successful engagement so far.
    They were always on time.
    I’ve talked to colleagues that have done similar projects with other companies, and Naked Apps was far less expensive.
    I’ve already recommended them.

iOS & Android Dev for Social Media Crowdsourcing App

“When I spoke with Naked Apps, they were the only ones that listened and I appreciated that.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Naked Apps built a crowdsourcing social media app for iOS and Android. They’re a full-service firm, now engaged in marketing, website development, social media outreach, and content creation.

Oklahoma
Jay Henry
CEO, Hang In There

Naked Apps dressed up their stellar technical abilities and built a strong business relationship through active listening, transparency, and deadline diligence. While giving needed feedback, their willingness to implement the initial vision of the app proved pleasantly surprising.

I’m the CEO of our startup firm, Hang In There.

What challenge were you trying to address with Naked Apps?

We needed a social media platform app built for our business on the iOS and Android platforms.

We met to discuss the ideas and the function we envisioned for the app and they started from the ground up, beginning with a wireframe. Since then, they’ve been a full-service company for us. They’ve offered us the development for both platforms, the marketing and developing websites, social media maintenance, and blogging.

I’ve dealt with a core team of six-to-eight people.

How did you come to work with Naked Apps?

As I interviewed potential partners, other companies seemed to talk over me as if they knew what was best for our idea. When I spoke with Naked Apps, they were the only ones that listened and I appreciated that. We ultimately started doing business with them because of the personal understanding they achieved by listening.

We have spent nearly $200,000 with them so far.

They began working on the app in late November or early December 2017 and we are still engaged with them.

They’ve worked hard and remained diligent about hitting deadlines. They’ve also stuck to what we developed during our initial collaboration without any deviation from it. I get the sense from them that we’re on the same track and we are working in tandem, rather than in a manner where they are just filling a temporary need I have. In the future, I hope to make this a long-term partnership.

How did Naked Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very good with timelines. They held themselves accountable and were forthcoming with how far they’ve come. If someone even takes a sick day and they haven’t been able to get something done immediately, they were open and made no excuses for anything.

We used UberConference for our telecommunications needs.

Based on what I’ve read about other firms’ experiences with outsourced development companies, I was impressed that they stayed focused on our target and did not deviate from it.

They were very concise in stating what they would do, how they would do it, and what they would need from me. On the other side of that, they could provide a bit more clarity on smaller things that don’t immediately have to do with them, such as adding user accounts, earlier in the process.

Make sure that you understand your own project going into the engagement. Ask the right questions. Also, allow them the freedom and ability to make some decisions, such as in the area of containing costs, because they will watch out for your wallet. They understand not everyone is a giant multinational firm.

Silver