UX Based Agency with Nerd Development

We are a shoes-off kind of agency that reveals the business value of startups and established businesses around the globe. Our simple recipe: human-centred design and bullshit-free development.

It had brought business success and awards like 5 Behance Interaction Awards during 3 years, Product of the Year at 2017 with our LEAF Project or Red Dot Design Award with Cinemood.

We firmly believe in collaboration and partnership. While we are experts in UX design and development, you are the best expert on your product. Together we can build something great.

Services we provide (together or separately):

• UX Review
  • UX Research
  • UX/UI Design
  • Mobile Development (iOS and Android)
  • Front End Development (JavaScript (ReactJS, Vue.js) Angular, HTML+CSS)
  • Back End Development (PHP, .NET and Java)

Kyiv, Ukraine
  • MEAT Agency
    Pankivska St, 14
    Kyiv 01033
    Ukraine
  • MEAT Agency
    655 Montgomery Street
    San Francisco, CA 94111

LEAF. Growing system for cannabis, plants and vegetables

Cimpress. Web Application for Prits on Objects

EatEasy. Food Delivery System

Mysa. Smart Home System

Arber. Smart Home

Lottoyear. Online Platform for International Lotteries.

Monest. Investment service for millennials

Cinemood. Portable Cinema

Telepark. Smart TV Application

- UX Research

- TV App Design

- Front End Design

E-Commerce & Mobile App Dev for Entertainment Company

“They are a great young team with vast experience.

Feb. - Sept. 2017

Improving upon a basic UI & UX design, MEAT Agency further developed a mini film projector and its companion remote control mobile app and e-commerce website.

Moscow, Russia
Pavel Okishev
Senior Project Manager, CINEMOOD

MEAT’s deliverables are now better designed for functional scalability and consistently receive positive feedback on their wide-ranging usability. Reliable and experienced, the team met every deadline and their extensive knowledge facilitated high quality results.

I am the senior project manager at CINEMOOD, an international company based in Moscow. Our primary product is a mini family film projector, a smart device that features preloaded content and a variety of apps for watching cartoons, movies, and television.

For what projects/services did your company hire MEAT Agency?

We needed UI & UX development for the mini projector, the remote control mobile app, and the e-commerce website.

Our basic UI & UX needed improvement in functional scalability, and we wanted to increase completed purchases on the website.

We had two main search criteria. Instead of a regular design studio, I wanted to work with a team that specialized in product and service development. Their portfolio also needed to include experience with TV, film, or related projects.

We first worked on the remote control mobile app. Five months were then spent on the TV interfaces, and an additional month on the official CINEMOOD website redesign.  MEAT completed all design tasks and the majority of the development.

The team included a UX designer, a design lead, a project manager, and a frontend developer.

Periodic surveys and product evaluations to gauge user satisfaction always received positive feedback on usability for both parents and children. That was very important to us.

Their team was excellent and they met every deadline.

We were able to rely on their experience to deliver results.

None. They are a great young team with vast experience.

Design for a Personal Asset Management Solution

"The project management and product quality matched our expectations."

Oct. 2017 - Feb. 2018

MEAT Agency assisted in creating an MVP for an asset management platform. They focused on delivering an appealing design within a tight schedule while monitoring its implementation by another partner company.

Paris, France
Vincent Favereau
CTO & Product Owner, Monest

Through a meticulous project management process, MEAT Agency delivered the product with time to spare for additional modifications. They’re a versatile, dedicated team that conducts daily meetings that stay on topic and delivers top quality at a fast pace and great price.

I’m CTO and project owner at an asset management company based in Europe. We’re building the next generation of investment platforms with a tailor-made solution and 0% fees.

For what projects/services did your company hire MEAT Agency?

We needed help with building our minimum viable product.

We wanted to have an appealing UI/UX and great technical features in a very short timeframe.

Per my requests, we had a series of online conversations and an in-person meeting. I wanted to make sure that we shared the same vision about building products and had a good fit in terms of skills, experience, and availability.

We went through a discovery process, evaluated user personas, and analyzed the general flow. After reviewing all this, we went through a series wireframing iterations and then moved forward with the implementation, which was handled by a skilled partner company under MEAT’s supervision.

They provided an art director, a project manager, and two UI/UX designers.

Thanks to their involvement, we met our deadlines and were even able to add an extra iteration which helped us narrow down our concept. The project management and product quality matched our expectations.

The workflow was thorough, characterized by daily meetings and workshops that stayed on topic and lasted an appropriate amount of time. The timeframe and agility required was a challenge, and we pushed everything to the limit. We were very careful to keep track of all the relevant items to get them into the final product.

Their versatility, dedication, and good humor throughout the project were remarkable.

We could rely on a very solid foundation of talent and methodologies. We saw a few things to improve regarding the use of the tool, however, these were detected and fixed during the project.

Overall Score Looking back, I'm very glad we worked together.
    Scheduling was flawless; they were very flexible.
    The overall cost is very good, considering the challenge and all the work that needed to be done.
    They advertise a high level of quality and they definitely deliver.
    I would certainly refer them to any company looking for fresh ideas and a collaborative cooperation.

UI/UX Designs for Award-Winning Plant Growth Company

“If you are looking for amazing designs, you should call MEAT Agency.”

Mar - Apr. 2016

MEAT Agency built a bespoke e-commerce website, focusing on UI/UX design and creating on-trend functionalities as well as an eye-catching investor pitch deck. The team is now developing related mobile apps.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Jonathan Ofir
Co-Founder and CEO, LEAF

MEAT Agency’s innovative work has been critical to the success of the product, which earned millions in online pre-orders within a couple of months. The site’s sleek and cutting-edge design attracted both customers and investors. The team also provided strong project management and customer service.

I am the co-founder and CEO of LEAF, which is on getleaf.co.

What challenge were you trying to address with MEAT Agency?

We needed mobile app design help for our product. We wanted to convey an expensive product with a premium image. We were looking for someone with expertise on UI/UX [user interface and user experience] flows as well as leading design practices. Previously, I made a few attempts at the design and worked with other parties.

From the beginning, MEAT Agency handled everything related to our web and application UI/UX design. They interviewed our team and got to know the product. We even flew them out to our offices for a weekend. After we explained our vision for the product, MEAT Agency put together some wireframes and gave us design ideas. We chose what we liked and went through a deeper discussion about it.

They provided all the files for the design, including the app animations they made. MEAT Agency also built our entire website and included several features. For example, if you scroll down to the "More About LEAF" section, the site will generate small bubbles. Hovering over that will show different components of the system as well as text. If you scroll down further, you will see some of the designs they made for our iOS and Android apps. MEAT Agency also made the design for an investor pitch deck, which has attracted a lot of money for us.

We had a team of 3 dedicated resources from MEAT Agency, including a project developer, a project manager, and 1 designer.

How did you come to work with MEAT Agency?

I considered other companies, but I really liked MEAT Agency’s work. I reached out, we set up a call, and took it from there. We started out with a small trial. I had a good feeling about them from the beginning. After we flew them out, we felt even more comfortable with MEAT Agency.

How much have you invested with MEAT Agency?

The cost of their services has been around $50,000 for 1 year.

We started working with MEAT Agency in March 2017. The app is not live yet, but the website relaunched in April.

We raised $5 million through the pitch deck designed by MEAT Agency. Our website generated $3 million in pre-orders in 60 days. It was a big success for us. I attribute much of this to MEAT Agency’s work. They could figure out everything that we threw at them, including animations and other site features. Everything came out amazing. It was a good, personable experience.

How did MEAT Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job in general, and we were given updates often. Everything was delivered on time and within budget.

We interacted several times a week, more so in the beginning. During busier parts of the project, we communicated daily.

What did you find most impressive about MEAT Agency?

They have an amazing eye for design, which is not only on trend but also trendsetting. MEAT Agency has done a good job of looking at design in a way that pushes the limits in the right direction. Our customers responded well to the website’s new and innovative look.

Are there any areas MEAT Agency could improve?

They could have given more frequent updates. There was nothing that would have made me angry or hurt the project, but it was a matter of wanting to see how things were going. I wanted to know if we were going in the right direction. This is my only piece of constructive criticism. I say it with complete and utmost satisfaction about the end result as well as the budget and timing.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with MEAT Agency?

If you are looking for amazing designs, you should call MEAT Agency. They’re hard workers. During periods when the website had bugs, the team stayed up all night for several nights to make sure everything was stable.

We hit all the times we said we would, but I wanted to see a bit more updating along the way.
    We raised $5 million in investments based on the designs made by MEAT Agency. The overall product design is what convinced customers to make pre-orders.
    MEAT Agency paid full attention to everything we talked about. They provided amazing designs.
    I’ve already recommended them to several people who have worked with them. They have also been happy.

Web Design for Blogger

"Trust MEAT Agency’s approach. They will deliver the best website you can imagine."

Sept. - Oct. 2016

MEAT Agency designed and built a WordPress blogging platform from scratch, incorporating colorful graphics and social media features to facilitate page views and engagement.

Kiev, Ukraine
Solomia Shvab
Founder, Blevogue

Since launching, the new site regularly attracts 15,000 visitors per month, many of whom praise the blog’s attractive UX/UI and intuitive layout. MEAT Agency’s technical talent, professional demeanor, and young team members encouraged a dynamic, productive engagement.

I am a blogger running a site called Blevogue in Ukraine. Beyond being a blog, the website also features art projects and collages. I write articles and feature art in posts. The site works as a business card which I can use when speaking to clients or friends. It’s my way of showcasing what I can do and what I really like to do.

What challenge were you trying to address with MEAT Agency?

I needed to build a blog-style website, so I contacted their team.

MEAT Agency handled the full design of my WordPress site. I had confidence that their team could build the site from scratch, so I didn’t request any design samples. I like colorful graphics, and MEAT Agency understood this, which is why the site features many color gradients. I like that I can choose different colors for each blog posts. Users can log in and write comments for each featured blogger, making the site work like a social media platform.

I was in contact with Sasha, their founder. I handled marketing and SEO myself. All of the content is mine.

How did you come to work with MEAT Agency?

I researched firms on Facebook. I found MEAT Agency and started following them. After a few weeks, I contacted them, although I didn’t want a new website at the time. I simply liked what their team did, and I didn’t know any other agencies in Ukraine or anywhere else.

How much have you invested with MEAT Agency?

The cost was $13,000 for the full scope of work.

I started working with MEAT Agency at the beginning of September 2016. The website was delivered in October.

I use Google Analytics for tracking the website. There are around 15,000 visitors per month, but I couldn’t say if this is because of my content or because of MEAT Agency’s job. Since I run a blog, it involves a lot of SEM [search engine marketing] and PR work.

I have often heard comments about the beauty of the site, and I think that it’s a big reason for its popularity. It’s not the usual blogging website, which is why people love it.

How did MEAT Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

It was easy for me to speak with MEAT Agency’s team. Whenever I needed help, one of their managers was always online for me. We’ve remained friends and continued to work on the site. I initially contacted them through Facebook, after which we talked over the phone. We had meetings and also used Telegram Messenger. I received quick replies when I inquired about what was going on, and I knew about every step they were taking.

What did you find most impressive about MEAT Agency?

They are a young, fresh, and talented team. For me, it was important that we live in the same city, and I was impressed by their professionalism.

Are there any areas MEAT Agency could improve?

I really love MEAT Agency. When you love working with someone, that will extend over the team. It’s possible that we became too friendly at times, which made it more difficult to tell them when I wanted to do something differently or faster. I am not a business person, though, so it wasn’t a problem for me.

Overall Score I was happy to work with MEAT Agency on my website.
    We were a week late, but that wasn’t a big problem for me.
    The work is a bit expensive, relative to other web design studios in Ukraine. I still feel that it was a good price for professional web work, so I don’t feel like I paid too much.
    They love what they do, and they’re real professionals in this field. MEAT Agency is in touch with the latest trends and tricks in web design.

UI/UX Design for Startup Application

"I’m very happy with the design, and I don’t think anyone else could have achieved the same results."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

MEAT Agency provides UI/UX design for a geolocation-based social networking app, creating a minimalistic landing page and eye-catching branding elements.

Founder, Social App

The finished design has already attracted positive feedback, with initial viewers praising the app’s simple layout and impressive functionality. MEAT Agency’s expert recommendations and trustworthiness continue to support a productive relationship.

We are developing a social networking geolocation app. It’s similar to others of its kind on the market, but with a better design and functionality. I cannot provide more details because the process is still ongoing.

What challenge were you trying to address with MEAT Agency?

We needed assistance with the UI part of the app design.

We got more than we were expecting in terms of design. MEAT Agency’s work is simple and eye-catching. They also developed a landing page for us, which is still in the process. It’s also going well.

When we contacted MEAT Agency, we didn’t even have a logo in place. We provided some hints around what we envisioned for the app and received some options. I really appreciated their advice since they are experts in the field. We used Sketch for the work.

How did you come to work with MEAT Agency?

I went to high school with one of MEAT Agency’s members. When I got the idea for the app, I started asking people in New York whether they could do it and also noticed that my friend now had an agency. I contacted him, and we got started.

How much have you invested with MEAT Agency?

The cost of MEAT Agency’s UI design services was $11,000. The landing page has cost $8,000, but it’s still being worked on.

We started working with MEAT Agency at the end of September of 2016, and we finished the wireframing and design of the app in December. The landing page work was started in March of 2017, and it’s still in development. We plan to finalize the app in around 5 months.

Everyone who’s seen the logo has been impressed by it. It’s orange, which is a happy color, and generally looks amazing.

I showed the app design to friends for feedback. Everyone found it easy to use and minimalistic, which was important for us. We got more than we expected, and I feel lucky to have found MEAT Agency.

How did MEAT Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They are professionals, always responded to emails when we had a question or correction to make, solved problems, and made recommendations. We usually communicated through email, but, when there was more in-depth work to do, we used Skype and Google Hangouts. We have a seven-hour time difference, but MEAT Agency always responded within two or three hours.

What did you find most impressive about MEAT Agency?

The work itself was the most impressive part. I’m very happy with the design, and I don’t think anyone else could have achieved the same results.

Are there any areas MEAT Agency could improve?

I’m looking for programmers at the moment, and I’m using Clutch for this as well, which I found to be a trustworthy source. I wish that MEAT Agency had iOS developers in their team so that they could be a one-stop company.

If someone is looking for graphic, web, or mobile UI designers, MEAT Agency is a great choice. I like the fact that I can present one approach to their team and receive alternatives and advice. I appreciate the help and passion they’ve brought.

Overall Score I’m happy with the results.
    They were always responsive and provided explanations for the work.
    The design is one-of-a-kind and creative. It’s worth the money.
    The quality of the design they provided has no comparison. I will definitely work with MEAT Agency again.
    If a friend ever needs a designer, I will mention MEAT Agency.

Web Design App Dev for Automated Logistics Company

"I plan to continue working with MEAT Agency."

Jul. - Oct. 2016

MEAT Agency branded and designed a website for an automated logistics solution company. They created new designs, optimized UX and created a Facebook page.

Gurgaon, India
Stakh Vozniak
CEO, Cargofy

Colleagues and partners were happy with the website. Their ideas and hard work resulted in an innovative UX design. While the site has yet to be tested, the client recommends MEAT Agency as a service provider and will continue to use them.

I am the CEO of Cargofy, a solution for automating logistics work. We connect shippers and truck fleets, automatically generate documentation, and track orders in real time.

What challenge were you trying to address with MEAT Agency?

We needed to create our company branding and website design. We were targeting the product at the Indian market, so the biggest challenge was making the solution work well on mobile devices since most people there don't use PCs. The usage pattern is opposite to that of Ukraine, where most people visit sites through desktops.

We provided mockups of what we wanted as a product and had MEAT Agency revise them. They created new designs and optimized our UX [user experience] process, creating simpler screens. They also designed our Facebook page. We used Mockup.com, which allowed us to create usability designs for all our business processes and share them between our teams. Each page took around four iterations to reach a final version.

I was out of Ukraine at that time so the process was completely remote, which delayed the project somewhat. We handled our own search engine optimization strategy while MEAT Agency worked on our branding, creating a basic identity for our company.

How did you come to work with MEAT Agency?

Sasha Kagor, MEAT Agency's owner, was friends with me on Facebook, and I had worked with him on design projects from time to time. I liked his work, so MEAT Agency was one of the agencies we contacted for the current project. I chose them because they proved to be the best option.

How much have you invested with MEAT Agency?

The cost of MEAT Agency's work has been around $15,000.

We started working with MEAT Agency in the summer of 2016. The site design took two months, but it was delayed by my lack of response during the process. The logo and app work took another month each. We've had to rewrite some of the code based on new product concepts, so the project took longer than expected to complete. We plan to launch our new website and app in April 2017. I plan to continue working with MEAT Agency.

My colleagues and partners have been very happy with the current version of our site. We have shown it to some early customers who found the site to be very clean and simple. It remains to be tested on real customers and changed based on their feedback. This will be a continuous process.

MEAT Agency is very good at creating simple user interface solutions. Our system enables users to create delivery points along the road. MEAT Agency was able to create shortcuts for this without additional buttons, allowing users to add and remove points on the route using only the keyboard. I haven't seen any similar solutions on other products.

How did MEAT Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked through a fixed-price contract, and MEAT Agency delivered our work efficiently. We used Slack and Dropbox for communication and for sharing revisions of the work.

What did you find most impressive about MEAT Agency?

MEAT Agency was able to generate good ideas and work fast. They worked hard, sometimes until 10 PM, and had good productivity. The company is expanding and has recently moved to a bigger office.

I have recommended MEAT Agency to a few of my friends, for their own companies, and I plan to do so again in the future.

Overall Score I am happy with all aspects of the work. I will continue to use MEAT Agency.
    MEAT Agency performed well in this area, but they have the potential to improve.
    The cost is on the higher end of the Ukrainian market. MEAT Agency provides very good design quality, so I was willing to pay for their services.
    I have worked with a few other design studios, and MEAT Agency created the best designs I've seen in my experience.
    I have recommended MEAT Agency to friends who needed design work.