Fintech, Adtech, Blockchain, Machine Learning

We create smart, reliable and efficient turnkey solutions.

Specializing in Ad Tech (programmatic), Fintech and Blockchain.

Focussing on comprehensive IT development services and QA automation.

Founded in 2015, Maxilect employs a modern approach to building a lean and highly professional team reaching out across Russia.

Our mission is to connect talented IT professionals throughout Russia, bringing their sought after skills to the table for complex projects with our global high-tech clientele.

To date, successful delivery of more than 30 international projects has earned the trust of several major companies in ongoing partnership.

We achieve these results due to close cooperation among all departments of the company – from marketing and sales through to technical support service, our client always comes first.

Want your projects to be successful? Just tell us how we can help.

Saint Petersburg, Russia
  • Maxilect
    33 Kolomyazhsky prospect, building 2A
    Saint Petersburg 197341
    Russia
    +78127756086

Acumatica, Johnson & Johnson, Firstmac, Baltiski Aljans, Package Guard, A major provider of telecom solutions, Fiscal data operator

Development of a system to analyse the influence of coupons on sales in the context of total traffic

Problem: The customer actively used marketing traffic channels to promote their services and goods. Data on channels is presented in Google analytics (GA), Big Query (BQ), and in offline databases without integration with GA. The functionality offered by GA didn’t permit full analysis of the data through the sales channels.

For marketing expense optimization, the customer decided to expand and modify its analytical tools to be able to deal with complex data structures – integrating more sophisticated attribution algorithms such as Markov chains was a top priority.

Solution: Create a web solution with rich functionality. Create an infrastructure for interaction between the BQ and the data warehouse for attribution and implemented mathematical models of channel attribution. In the web interface, the user can choose from a wide range of parameters to build multi-channel report.

- With the help...

Development of a custom search engine for licensed taxis

Problem: In spring 2017 the customer approached us to build a solution for a 21st century challenge. On one hand, unite existing taxi company fleets and, on the other, open the door to drivers ready to supply their own vehicle.

Solution: After consulting with the customer to determine the MVP (Minimum Viable Product), we set up a dynamic web portal integrating search and database functionalities and integrated essential external services (SMS, GA, etc.).

• Successful launch in June 2017
  • The portal is live and the client is pursuing commercial licensing

Technological stack: Python, Django, PostgreSQL.

Automation of business processes in regional offices

Problem: In the client’s company there were separate systems in territorially distributed representations. Fragmented systems resulted in: slow and inefficient office processes resulting in potential information loss, lack of data logging, phone and correspondence monitoring. The target was to improve control and usability of this valuable company data.

Solution: Increase transparency of processes through the creation of additional reports, and a consolidated report on orders for medical equipment.

We created a framework hierarchy that integrated and streamlined these common and often wasteful subsystems: personnel and accounting; organization of business trips; registration of orders for medical equipment; stickers and labelling; logging and organising work by service engineers responsible for diagnosing and repairing equipment.

We also created additional reports of individual systems and consolidated reports on orders for...

Creation of a searchable database of crime in the USA

Problem: The client wanted to create a marketing campaign to increase product sales. The client required access to statistics from a massive data set. Specifically, to target marketing activities on areas of cities in which there was a high level of thefts and break-ins.

Solution: First, establish viable open source information about the crimes committed in the US and selected suitable sources for further processing.

Develop a proprietary database system that collected information on crimes from selected open sources.

Prepared reporting that contained information relevant to the remit.

Outcome: The client received concise, reliable data which suited their targeting strategy.

Technological stack: Python 3.6.

Development of the largest recruitment portal for event industry

Problem: The client approached us in spring 2016. We were faced with the task of creating the largest recruitment portal for events management to span Russia and all over Europe.

Solution: Our dedicated team collaborated closely with the customer to identify key functionality for version 1.0.

Outcome:

• Working to specified budget limits and time restrictions, the team delivered V1.0 after three months and refined the product for live launch over the next two months
  • We remain involved, providing requested portal features and technical support
  • The client is engaged in the promotion of the project and in attracting their target audience

Technological stack: Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Grunt, Stylus.

Optimization of the main website of the company Acumatica

Problem: Acumatica sought to optimise their site which provides services in the field of Cloud ERP. An up to date system was desired for tracking users with the ability to build reports based on it, to replace deprecated modules and code.

Solution: Our two developers systematically established the development process, automated assembling and testing issues, closely interacted (and continue to interact) with the team from the United States (Seattle). As a result, we managed to significantly increase the speed of page load. We also added the generic map with the help of ACF, and transferred the generation of the html-code to the template engine.

Outcome:

• Increased flow of customers that come through the website (due to the system stability, speed of operation, etc.)
  • Developed custom reports of user activities
  • Detailed monitoring and analysis of user behavior on the website
  • ...

Ad Exchange for the US market

Problem: The customer approached us in October 2016 in need of a RTB platform.

Solution: We quickly formed a team from our talent pool that had an experience in this subject area. Together with the customer, we documented the MVP (Minimum viable product) and started developing the system.

• After 3 months, the prototype was created
  • After 6 months, the MVP-version of the system was released to test commercial viability and integration with several contractors
  • A monitoring system was also created to ensure stable operation of the platform under the conditions of the constantly increasing of workload
  • Accountability bloc was created
  • At this moment, the system is capable of processing in excess of 20,000 requests per second and is scalable to handle more bid requests and bid responses

Technological stack: J2SE, Servlet API, Spring...

Custom Software Dev for Cloud ERP Platform

"Maxilect was responsive, flexible and agile."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Maxilect worked on the website and built custom software from scratch. They also developed a content repository. The software includes several reporting tools that they built as well.

Bellevue, Washington
Sergey Ivanov
Senior Digital Marketing & Web Lead, Acumatica

This multi-talented team hit the ground running, cutting the website load speed in half and more than doubling lead generation. They put a broad range of skills to use and impress with their reliability and delivery of superior quality. Maxilect’s team is flexible and receptive.

Acumatica is a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution for mid-sized businesses. We develop solutions for different verticals and industries, primarily selling our products through partner channels. One of our biggest lead generation channels is Acumatica.com. As such, we have spent a lot of time on driving traffic and rebuilding our website. I am the senior digital marketing and web lead for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Maxilect?

I have used in-house remote developers in the past and have an R&D team located in Eastern Europe. It was becoming hard to maintain our backlog using those resources since they were not highly motivated and did not understand the digital business opportunities of our company. I decided to utilize outsourced developers and looked online using my network on LinkedIn.

Maxilect worked on our main website and built the Acumatica Developer Network from scratch.

We started with an overview of the required software and hardware infrastructure and an investigation on the opportunities for optimizing those. Step by step, we built a few milestones and spent time analyzing the requirements, identifying future risks and opportunities. Based on this feedback, Maxilect developed a comprehensive upper management system, as well as a scalable and flexible content repository in which all content is stored across multiple buckets. We are using WordPress as a CMS and can store the blog, press release, industry-related and product-related content within different buckets. They’ve built a number of monitoring reports and dashboards, which enable our leadership team with insight on site performance, and implemented integration with Google Analytics and HubSpot, which we use as a marketing automation platform.

As an owner of the digital channel, I had full flexibility in selecting our hosting providers, server infrastructure, and technology stack. Maxilect was helpful in implementing and optimizing our Amazon Web Services (AWS ) infrastructure based on my proposals. They were granted the responsibility of being the technical owners of the website, optimizing our infrastructure, page-loading speed, mitigating any risks related to AWS, implementing load balancing and language localization.

I decided not to invest the time and budget for project managers on their side. After a few years working for the company, I’ve come to understand our business opportunities and challenges, so I project-managed Maxilect’s developers myself. I started by using a single developer and added one more after a couple of months.

How did you come to work with Maxilect?

I sent 7–8 recommendations over LinkedIn, received 2 recommendations for their company and had a few Skype calls with them. Maxilect told me that they could source highly motivated, professional developers who would fit our needs and time zones. I decided to start a short trial period and gradually increase the cost per hour.

The cost of their work was $80,000–$100,000. Maxilect charges us per hour on a monthly basis.

We started working with Maxilect in November 2016 and have an ongoing relationship.

Prior to their company’s involvement, I used in-house developers. When we decided to rebuild the website, I measured the page loading speeds before and after. The old Acumatica.com website had a loading speed of around 7 seconds. After the Maxilect developers rebuilt it, it took 2.5–3 seconds to load the page.

They helped build our customer journey, and the lead generation from HubSpot forms increased by approximately 55%. They helped eliminate many of the dead-end pages we had, and we increased the time on the website from 1 to almost 3 minutes per session. The most important indicator of our success has been the leads increase.

How did Maxilect perform from a project management standpoint?

They were almost always responsive and asked us clarification questions in order to get on the same page with us, the business owners. In general, Maxilect was responsive, flexible and agile. We’ve made huge progress in the last year, and I’m happy about selecting them. They’ve worked hard on completing tasks on time and never forgot what they promised.

We communicated via Skype calls twice a day, email communication, and JIRA and Asana as project management tools.

They found highly experienced full-stack developers who know how to work on backend code using PHP, how to optimize database servers and set up an infrastructure. At the same time, they are highly skilled in frontend development and know how to use HTML, CSS and JavaScript frameworks. This was one of the biggest benefits I received from Maxilect. In the U.S., it would have been expensive to find the same level of skills.

They sometimes need to be more agile in asking questions and clarifying tasks.

Overall Score They started the work from day one without an official onboarding after a one-hour phone call.
    Based on my experience, they are slightly more expensive than average, but not compared to the U.S.
    They have exceptional delivery.
    I strongly recommend Maxilect. They are a reliable and experienced custom solutions provider.

Web Dev for Job Seeking Platform

“We have had a lot of good feedback from our partners who use the website on a daily basis.”

Jun. - Oct. 2016

Using Python and Django, Maxilect built a multilingual web platform to organize global events. They combined features from several prominent job seeking tools.

Tallinn, Estonia
Managing Director

Daily users appreciated the platform for its flexible functionality, which made it easy to expand globally and locate new partners. Throughout the process Maxilect set themselves apart with their transparent communication, quick response times, and technical expertise.

I manage a club for event organizers in the Pan-Baltic area. We have eight members, with two more coming onboard. This includes the Baltic regions: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, and Germany. We are an association that unites event agencies, and we oversee the club.

We have several projects, among them are an events forum, event awards, a news blog, as well as our newspaper that we print quarterly. We also have a website that we launched last year, which was created for event organizers, job seekers, and for those who are hiring in the event industry. The region is very different and still very local, and event agencies often need the services of neighboring countries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Maxilect?

We needed to create the platform for our website.

Maxilect used Python and Django to build the platform. We have created an MVP, together with Kirill, one of the founders of Maxilect. I wanted to mix a few formats of sites for job seekers. He proposed the services to me, and how the site should be constructed. The website is in Russian and English, and we are now launching the German version as well.

I worked with two project managers, Kirill and Valeria, who were responsible for every detail on the website because there were a lot of changes, and it was a difficult platform. I also worked with one IT advisor.

How did you come to work with Maxilect?

I asked a few large event customers from Russia to advise me on a good agency that I could rely on and would be able to understand in English. Maxilect was recommended to me by a few of our customers who had worked with them previously and said they were reliable and good partners. I was in touch with a few agencies but chose Maxilect as the main supplier.

We have invested approximately 12,000.

I started working with Maxilect in June 2016, and the project was completed in October 2016. They still provide ongoing support for the website.

We have had a lot of good feedback from our partners who use the website on a daily basis. This year we helped to find suppliers and people for over 40 companies. We developed it as a local website for the Baltic Sea region and wanted it to stay within the region and not go global. The countries collaborate together as far as event organization and the event industry in general. It works not only to find job seekers but also works to find suppliers for event agencies.

How did Maxilect perform from a project management standpoint?

Maxilect visited my office in Russia and were responsive to my emails and phone calls.

Their understanding was impressive. After the website was launched, I asked them to make changes several times, such as the design on the first page. They always did what I asked, and that was also impressive to me.

I recommend them. I like their work a lot, they have helped us with other projects as well.

They are very open people, and if someone is looking to collaborate with them, it is necessary to explain what your goals are and what you want to have in the end.

I have referred them to two of my colleagues so far.