WE THINK BUSINESS, THEN DEVELOPMENT.

At Magora we design mobile and web B2B and B2C applications and bespoke software. We integrate them into fully-fledged business solutions, establishing a strong online presence for your company and maximizing your ROI.

What we do:

• Internal Enterprise utilities
  • Consumer-facing services
  • MVPs for startups

We care about your business goals; development is only part of the whole process. Our work includes services to assist you with:

• Product strategy
  • UX/UI Design
  • Development
  • Implementation
  • New customer acquisition

We pay special attention to work with particular industry verticals. Magora team can present you sizable portfolios for our priority directions such as Transport & Logistics, Medicine, Real Estate & Property Management and others.

We have forged our vision and gained our experience on a long path: magora-systems.com/about/

If you're based in Russian Federation, please, visit our Russian website: magora-systems.ru/

Among our clients: Unilever, Danone, Cisco, Mandara, Toyota, Verdana, Yandex, Sberbank ...

• The Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High St.
    London, LND E1 6JJ
  • 3 AMP Tower, 50 Bridge Str.
    Sydney, NSW 2000
    Australia
  • 47-49 700 Marata Str.
    St. Petersburg 191002
  • Novosibirsk, NVS 630001
    Russia

Industry Leaders: InnovoCare, BrandSkout, Danone, London VIP Group, VPS, Blue Cielo; Startups: ShowApp, Jurni, Tebengan.  Internet of Things projects: Organic Response, Rotimatic.

Healthy diet

Our task was to build an iOS app for healthy lifestyle fans. It should be the place, where people could communicate, get tips on a healthy way of life, and buy the right products online.

Integration with the social nets and the gaming technics should be implemented to support the monetization strategy.

MoPals

The Magora team was assigned to develop a geo-positioning-enabled iOS and Android app for the existing web portal  of a Canadian company. The app enables users to share their location with friends via Facebook and Twitter, upload photos and videos, attain bonuses for checking in and writing reviews of the brands they like. Magora managed to deliver a user-friendly business platform and gained precious experience of

successful collaboration with the client’s team of developers and designers.

Globi Calls

Globi Calls is a know-how VoiP (Voice over IP) + Server solution created by Magora. It was intented to solve a problem facing an international partner who needed to avoid wasting time and money on international calls within the company, whose personnel were working all around the globe in different time zones. The Magora developers built a new computer integration system consisting of the

classic VoiP telephony and integrated remote servers, one for each continent. Using this system, local connections within the company can be redirected to each other and each incoming call can be redirected to any internal company number at domestic IP-phone rates.

Hunger

This Magora development project is a food delivery platform intended to provide customers with an easy way to order lunch via an iOS or Android app and have it delivered to them in minutes. The delivery time is automatically calculated based on the customer’s location, whilst the location of the courier can be monitored in real time. The app also offers notifications and an integrated payment system for credit and debit cards.

The platform offers two user roles - courier and customer - removing middlemen between caterers and clients.

VPN Platform as SaaS

The Magora team developed a virtual private network platform, working as SaaS for our West-European clients. This SaaS solution is intended for the Arab, Chinese and European B2C markets and provides cheap, stable and secure mobile and web VPN access to bypass blocks and guarantee the safety of the user’s private data. Complete solution provides the user's advanced functionality and connection speed.

Pharm Card

Pharm Card is a software solution that includes an iOS mobile tablet PC app and web-based desktop application, created for an international pharmaceutical company. The Magora team helped to replace the hundreds of Excel files medical reps had to fill out daily with a handy software tool with broad functionality, while the company's top management get full control over distribution and mid-level staff get a convenient tool with

a user-friendly web panel.

Rotimatic - project with the internet of things background

Rotimatic is an IoT project based around smart kitchen robots, which Magora helped Singaporean business innovators bring to life. In keeping with the client's requirements, the development team built the software architecture with front and back-end components and integrated it with the Rotimatic baking tool. The software works in semi-automatic mode and can update the recipes of a special kind of bread - Roti - once connected

to WiFi. Other options, such as remote sensor diagnostics, temperature/time/ingredient consumption control,  and remote diagnostics are also available.

Sales Tool

Magora helped a world-renowned enterprise, the cleaning supplies producer Vileda, to build an Android tablet app for a large-scale Sales Tool project. With this software system corporate buyers can cover all their cleaning supply needs, using the intuitive, user-friendly interface to order accessories based on types of surface by uploading interior photos into the system. The intelligent system recognises the photos and

recommends supplies and equipment sets from those stored in its DB.

Organic Response

Google Play

Web and mobile apps for a company that installs Smart Lighting Systems.

Check out the Full Case Study.

href="https://magora-systems.ru/our-projects/organic-response/">Russian Version.

Tebengan

Tebengan is a web platform for ride-sharing purposes. An intuitive software solution help drivers and passengers reach each other and have the best travel experience.

VPS:Vessel Performance Solution

The VPS software is an effective cargo ship performance management application. The app aims at automatization of analytical processes and assistance in decision-making practices.

Russian version

tellMasha App for Danone

Google Play

tellMasha is a mobile app for a multinational food corporation, Danone. The consumer-facing application enables users to participate and

improve product quality control.

Find out more about this case in our Projects.

Russian Version

ShowApp

ShowApp is a convenient

and multifunctional mobile app that provides users with information about the exact kind of events they will find interesting. The Magora mobile app and web development team have designed a special algorithm that measures user’s preferences, subscriptions and geolocation before using them to find something that is going to catch their attention.

Russian Version

Jurni

App Store

Innovative social network. An app that allows users to tell a story. In a video.

More about the project in the Case Study.

Russian Version.

InnovoCare: Magora’s web app for internal medical staff

We are proud to say, that the bespoke business software we create is specifically geared to solve unique business problems. Now medical administrators can precisely evaluate the

cost-effectiveness of every procedure and treatment performed in their clinic, which helps them monitor and regulate their patient base.

Magora's POS Software

PrognoStore website

Bespoke POS software for small businesses from Magora.

Approach, tech stack, and more details - in our Case Study.

Core Power Golf: A New iOS Mobile App Designed by Magora

App Store

Magora's iOS developers and app designers are proud to present a new educational project for iPhone. Core Power Golf was built exclusively for golfers.

Go to our website to learn more about Core Power Golf.

PlanDo

Google Play

PlanDo is a social mobile app that helps users find new friends and create fun events.

To learn more about the project check out our Case Study.

Russian Version -

href="https://magora-systems.ru/our-projects/plando-project/">PlanDo.

Magora’s Business Web Tool for Brand Owners

Magora has created a web program for online monitoring of retailers’ pricing with an easy-to-read, multifunctional dashboard.

More info in our Case Study.

Parking Guide

Parking Guide is simultaneously a simple mobile tool with a pleasant, intuitive user interface and quite a complex application.

Bang Track

A mobile recording studio.

Find out more about Bang Track by reading the Case Study.

Estate Rental Management System

Our new project ERMS is a bespoke web software for a real estate leasing company. Magora developed a management system program to automate the company daily routine oparations: monitor local real estate leasing prices and control the profitability of each of the objects.

SwipedOn

Our new work in portfolio is an iPad receptionist visitor management software for SwipedOn. With this application the New Zealand startup has raised over $1M in seed, been recognised as a market leader.

StarBuffet

StarrBuffet is a new Magora iOS mobile app development project for a popular self-service restaurant chain. The Magora team helped the client to make workflow efficient and transparent. With the implementation of the mobile app solution, our partner got business process optimisation, decreased labour costs and now continues to increase profits. Tech Stack Backend: Java, Spring, Docker, Amazon Web Services, AWS EC2 (Ubuntu

Server), AWS RDS (Postgresql 9.6), AWS Elastic Load Balancer, AWS S3 (Media Storage), AWS Lambda, AWS SNS/SQS (events from s3 and Lambda), AWS CloudWatch, AWS Route53. Frontend: Angular; AdminLTE; iOS: Alamofire, AlamofireImage, ObjectMapper, RxSwift, SocketRocket, Realm, RxSwift, Core, Foundation, UIKit. Within 2018 the implemented IT system became an indispensable tool for the restaurants of the Star Buffet network. The break-even point was surpassed within the first 9 months. and continues to increase their profitability in 2019.

Pharmcard: enterprise software development case

Pharmcard is a bespoke software system for multinational pharmaceutical company. The project includes an iOS application, web application and integrated DB of pharmaceutical products price, stock availability, sales volumes, sales figures and trends.

Tech Stack

• Back-end: AWS EC2 (Ubuntu Server); AWS RDS (Postgresql 9.6); AWS Elastic Load Balancer; AWS S3 (Media
Storage); AWS Cloud Front as cdn; AWS Lambada; AWS SNS/SQS; AWS Cloud Watch; AWS Route 53; Java 1.8; Maven; Spring Boot; Spring Core; Spring Data; Hibernate; Swagger; Lombok; Docker; Ansible.
  • Front-end: AngularJS; AdminLTE; Webpack.
  • iOS: Alamofire; ObjectMapper; Rx Swift; Core; Foundation, UI kit; Realm.
  • Implementation of the software system helps to boost efficiency a lot and lead to 30% ROI increase.

MVP Development for Social Network

"Magora Systems picked up my idea straight away. A well-coordinated team of ten people worked hard and efficiently, dedicating themselves to my project fully and completely."

Nov. 2015-Jun. 2016

Magora Systems was engaged by a Russian entrepreneur to build a social platform with chat and other functions with key strategy work involved.

Russia

Magora Systems understands the entrepreneur vision and can strategize about what will be successful in the market, which is invaluable. They are recommended for all types of projects.

My company is a startup. I am an owner and responsible for creating new ideas and strategic decision making, as well as for the communication with investors.

My project was based on the idea to create a social network for proactive people. I wanted to make it easy for me and my friends to find events of interest according to geolocation. I also wanted the network to be useful to the sponsors of the events. That is why I decided to build a platform that would incorporate all these features.

The app was finally created as a social network for sharing content and collaboration with followers. It includes the following features:

• Announcing and advertising events (like a digital billboard).
    • Searching for nearby users with geolocation.
    • Communicating with other users through a built-in messenger.

Instead of simply implementing the ideas I approached them with, the guys developed them into a full-fledged functional product. I was keeping track of the workflow with great interest. They operated with constant self-awareness, good task control, excellent management, and a high level of professionalism. I think that they are a perfect example of an awesome team to work with startups. They develop the project while I think of how to make money out of it. That is exactly the kind of team Magora is.

The app is already on the Appstore and Google Play, we are currently marketing the platform.

Magora Systems picked up my idea straight away. A well-coordinated team of ten people worked hard and efficiently, dedicating themselves to my project fully and completely. Over the course of eight months, not only did they build the app, but they also shared with me their knowledge and experience in IT development.

We have 10,000 users already combined on both platforms in 2.5 months. I am very satisfied because of the business results. They were willing to partner with me to save me money.

They grasped and understood my idea better than any other agency. They are very open and realistic about expectations. I trust Magora because they are reliable, responsive, and honest. On the other hand, I would like to mention that if it is your first time in the IT industry, you’d better start with simple plans and mockups.

Overall Score I fully trust them and we communicate perfectly well. The result is over my expectation. I am now in a new project with Magora.
      The schedule went according to the deadlines.
      Reasonable.
      Perfect.
      I will definitely recommend working with the company to all of my friends because it gave my project a successful and confident start.

App Development for Healthcare Analytics Company

"Magora is much more invested in the relationship as a whole and making sure you're happy."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Magora built a web app based off a provided mockup. The team provided full design services and recommendations on integrated technology and functionalities. They are finishing the app’s second iteration.

Austin Metro Area
    Lars Hegstrom
    Cofounder, Innovo.care

The app has not launched yet but is already functioning well. Magora maintains constant contact throughout the project, providing daily updates and estimations. They remain available for support and are invested in developing a long-term relationship.

I'm the cofounder of a healthcare technology app that is focused on finding the true cost of healthcare. We do that with a ground up methodology that links physicians' and patients' time with the individual supplies used.

I'm a cofounder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Magora Systems?

We needed to build our application. Finding the true cost of healthcare is simple from an arithmetic standpoint. It's just the number of minutes spent on a patient multiplied by the cost of the physician and the other employees. However, with certain diagnoses, it can get very complicated because there can be thousands of interactions between the patient and the physician. We needed an easy-to-use, intuitive app that could organize all of this information and spit out the true cost at the end.

I delivered a Balsamiq mockup to Magora of what I was imagining the app would look like. As they were building out the app, they had many questions about the specific functionalities and how they would integrate with the technology that they recommended. Once they built out the app, they took on the design work, which included the skinning of the app, the colors, the background images, and the icons. The end result is a web app that you can use with your physicians to find out the true cost of healthcare.

How did you come to work with Magora Systems?

I submitted a request for a developer on Upwork, and Magora was an applicant. They appeared to be the best, so I selected them.

We spent approximately $15,000.

Our partnership began in October 2015, and the first iteration wrapped up in December 2015. We started the second iteration in February of this year [2016] and are just now finishing that up [June 2016].

Although we haven't launched yet, we've been happy with app thus far. The functionality has been really good.

How did Magora Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They were helpful and informative, delivering updates and time estimations almost daily. If I ever had a question, they were always available through Skype or email. Their estimation for hours required was a little low, but not too far off. I typically double whatever estimation a developer gives me, and they were only 1.25 times over, which is much better than I've experienced with developers both onshore and offshore.

What distinguishes Magora Systems from other providers?

Since they're an agency, it's easy to see that they're much more interested in maintaining a long-term relationship. Some individual developers that I've hired are more like a one-trick pony – they try to turn in a broken product as soon as possible so they can move on to their next project. Magora Systems is much more invested in the relationship as a whole and making sure you're happy. They ask about the future constantly, what features you want, and what your long-term goals are. They're very different from anyone else I've worked with.

Is there anything Magora Systems could have improved or done differently?

I don't have any huge feedback for them. Honestly, they did everything I asked for pretty much perfectly.

Overall Score – They've been the best development team I've hired thus far.
      – They were always on time.
      – Very affordable for the quality of work they performed.
      – They've done really well.
      – I already have recommended them to other people.

App Development for Social Media Platform

"We were especially comfortable with Magora because of the ease of communication and the level of expertise."

Dec. 2015 - Apr. 2016

Using the client's design, Magora built a video-journaling platform for social media users. They completed all of the front-end development in approximately six months.

San Francisco Bay Area
    CEO & Founder, Mobile App Startup

The app garnered several thousand users within the first few months of launching. Magora continues to provide front-end development for the app, and is recommended by the client.

I am the cofounder and CEO of Jurni Inc. We currently have five employees and are located in San Ramon, California. Our target demographic is 18-to-45-year-old lifestyle-driven users, such as fashionistas, cooks, health advocates, fitness gurus, makeup artists, entrepreneurs, pregnant mothers, and so on. Specifically, it is for those who are users of Pinterest, Reddit, and YouTube.

There are several fundamental problems with the content on social media. It is surface level, inauthentic, saturated, and emotionless. The content that is produced is a reflection of who we want to be, not who we are.

Jurni is a video-journaling platform focused on emotions and experiences. With Jurni, users can record a 45-second Jurni and associate an emotion and topic to that experience so that the user can connect visually to other people in the world going through similar emotions and experiences. Jurni is topical, authentic, emotional, and focused.

I initially discovered Magora via Elance and have been very satisfied since. We vetted several companies once we got on Elance, but were especially comfortable with Magora because of the ease of communication and the level of expertise.

We designed the app in-house and went to Magora for all of front-end development items. It took us approximately six months to complete the app with Magora.

Although the work with Magora was great, we did have to do much of project management. This is the case with most outsourcing. Luckily, with Magora, it wasn't that bad. Magora covered the agreed scope of the project and contributed toward the successful launch we had. After launching, we accumulated several thousand users within the first couple of months. We are continuing front-end development with Magora as they have been able to hit all of our goals. One aspect I would pay attention to is QA [quality assurance] testing as it may not be the best at times. Make sure to stay on top of the QA process to ensure quality work.

Internal Software Development for Car Service

"We're very happy with Magora."

Magora Systems improved and streamlined internal operations by building a new core team management system. The team also developed a robust vehicle and job management system.

Technical Operations Manager, Car Service

Magora Systems performed well and maintained their professionalism despite the project’s large scope and complicated system. The agency provides skilled developers, responsive communication, and quick resolutions to any issue.

We are in the travel and tourism sector. We have an internal operations department. We have a fleet of luxury cars. We have contracts with several large embassies in the United Kingdom where we provide cars for their VIPs.

I am the technical operations manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Magora Systems?

Our goal was to improve internal operations with a new management system for the core team. We have a relatively small team in the office. We have many cars and many drivers on the road, however.

To streamline the operational side, we needed a system to help us manage the vehicles, know where they are, and be able to respond to jobs more efficiently. We're also working with maps and Google as well on different parts of the system to help facilitate GPS and picking up clients.

We're not completely finished. Hopefully in the next month, we should be launching the system. We're doing many tests at the moment. The reality is because of the way the system operates, they can't do many tests on their side. It has to be done in the U.K. because our cars are here.

We have trackers in our cars. There has been a disconnect with certain parts of the testing. Our team must do the testing in the U.K., which has caused project delays. Magora Systems cannot handle the testing. They've been very good with their part of the engagement. We haven't required support yet for the system. We were involved heavily with the system from the beginning. We're completely aware of how it operates.

How did you come to work with Magora Systems?

I like working with Russian firms. I've heard many good things about companies from that area. There were a few companies through Elance that we spoke to. Magora Systems seemed a little more professional. That's something we were looking for.

It was from $200,000 to $1 million.

It's ongoing.

We are satisfied. You can tell the scope is quite large. It's a very complicated system. They've been very good. In any development, there's issues, but it's how you resolve those issues. They were very professional and all the issues have been resolved. We're very happy with Magora Systems. I cannot share any metrics now because it's all internal statistics.

How did Magora Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

The project is delayed, but that's not Magora's fault. They have managed their portion well.

What distinguishes Magora Systems from other providers?

They're very professional [when it comes] to getting the work done. That's the most important thing.

Is there anything Magora Systems could have improved or done differently?

I think their costs are high and that could improve. They could possibly lower prices. Beyond that, everything's great.

Staff Augmentation Development for Data Startup

"They're great, which is the reason I always go back to Magora."

Magora provided staff augmentation development services by assigning PHP, CSS, and hybrid CSS/Javascript developers. Work included integrating third-party software.

Ireland
    Technical Director, Hospitality Startup

Magora's developers saved valuable time. The agency quickly gained a comprehensive understanding of the systems used. The team was experienced in PHP and SQL development and delivered efficient, responsive project management.

We're a startup that provides technical solutions to the hospitality industry.

I am technical director of the company. There are eight people in the company. We aggregate data inside the food service vertical.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Magora Systems?

We have two direct developers and then for some of the work that we had, which was slightly larger than what we could handle in house, we were looking for an external contractor.

It was for staff augmentation development services. We had them assign us a PHP developer and then a CSS [cascading sheets style] and hybrid CSS JavaScript developer. The actual tools that they were using were up to them in terms of the developing environment, but we controlled everything through agile methods.

We set up a two-week work period. We assigned issues to our own local developers and then created workflows for each of the developers and assigned issues directly. All of the work we were doing was reasonably straightforward and much of it was query on queries on PHP or to create widgets or similar things.

We did have them do a number of integrations with some third-party software. They were a bunch of other APIs [application programming interfaces] that they connected through where they had to read the API documentation and follow the instructions.

Nothing was particularly complicated. We outlined the issues and advanced after making sure that they were entirely comfortable with what they were doing. Whenever we were happy with their work, they would just repeat the process.

Initially, we had them do a number of issues that were predominantly development of a larger module. Within that, they understood our system and knew it slightly better than our own developers did. After they had written a number of sizable issues, we did go back and have a number of iterations within that. I guess you could say that was ongoing support. It wasn't the type of thing that required special skill. Magora's work was just to save our own developers time.

How did you come to work with Magora Systems?

Through a number of different projects, I've come across customers through Elance. I had used another firm in Russia near where they are. Whenever I came to additional jobs that we were doing, we decided instead of going to the original firm, we'd put it out to the open market and see what bids we get.

We initially selected one of the Indian contractors and, within 48 hours, we realized it was a terrible mistake because of the language issue. We went back to the Russian developer I was working with, but they didn't have the availability when we needed it.

We came across Magora through Elance and appointed them for a contract for around –six to nine months and totaled $30,000. Magora was our third choice, but it turned out to be a lucky find. We tested them on a couple of issues up front to make sure they were good enough and understood the requirements clearly. Then, we just started assigning them more and more.

It's between $30,000 and $35,000 total. We have worked together for around a year.

The work is ongoing and growing is size and cost.

I can't give you stats off the top of my head. I'd guess there's 10,000 lines of code. In terms of number of hours, I would guess it was around 1,000 hours. They're great, which is the reason I always go back to Magora Systems.

I think one thing we learned is providing the person that is writing up the issue for the developer to complete specs in such a way that's clear. There were one or two issues where one of our developers had written up an issue and put it across to them, and they had to come back a number of times to clarify just because of the language aspect of things.

How did Magora Systems perform from a project management standpoint?

They are great at managing their group.

What distinguishes Magora Systems from other providers?

They're fairly generic capable developers. They do offer a product management service I understand, which can hand hold you through a particular project. We didn't need that. Their PHP developer was very strong for us. He was incredibly quick for the quality of work that he produced. I would say PHP and SQL [structured query language] are right up there for them much more so than any of the other contractors and considerably better than some of our local developers that we pay more for. I don't think they're spectacular on the front end, but for what we needed, they were perfect.

Is there anything Magora Systems could have improved or done differently?

Availability was one of the issues we had. They seemed to be busy at times so we had to be sure to give them sufficient notice as in when you needed the issues completed. They're probably slightly pricey compared to some of the other contractors on Elance. You get what you pay for. I think our rate was $30 or $31 an hour.

Unlike many other teams, their communication is great. Whenever you have a question, you will have either your project manager or their relevant developer come back to you even outside of their business hours.

They're happy to make sure that you're satisfied. I was pleasantly surprised about that. I haven't had that with contractors before. They've been slow to return if they've got other things on. They tend to jump where the money was.

In our case, whenever we had very sizable amounts of work, they were very responsive, and we'd expected that when we tapered off the number of work for a month or two, they wouldn't be quite so responsive. Even for very simple work, they were on it in no time at all.

Overall Score The next time we have a job, I won't even bother putting it out to market. I'll just go straight back to Magora Systems.

Java Development for Technology Platform

"They'll share insights and you get the benefit of their experience."

Dec. 2014 - Ongoing

Magora provides a variety of services for an existing website, including project management, technical development, keyway testing, code updating, and maintenance. They also administer the website's server.

New York City Metro Area
    Product Manager, Advertising Tech Company

Magora's work has drastically improved the website's workflow and user experience. The team consistently delivers above expectations and offers valuable suggestions. They are committed and responsive with excellent communication skills.

[We are] an advertising technology company primarily focused on the ad exchange business and content marketing. We build and maintain software that allows us to traffic ads across the Internet. We have relationship with SSPs [supply-side platforms] and DSPs [demand-side platforms] that have advertising and have inventory of where they want the advertising to run. We generate revenue by managing these platforms and earning advertising dollars for everything that runs through our platforms.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm a product manager. I'm working on the content marketing platform business. That's primarily focused on helping brands and advertisers create content that resonates with their audience and then promoting this content so that it gets maximum reach, engagement, viewability, and readability on the content so that the users get warm fuzzy feelings about the brands and consider our partners when purchasing decisions come up.

They ran the site, maintained it, updated code, and changed it to what we wanted it to be. They administer our servers that the site sits on. They do project management for the work we're doing. Magora does project management, technical development, keyway testing, and operations.

What was your process for selecting Magora Systems with which to work?

Our CTO had looked at a number of outsourced development companies. He looked at their site and some of the case studies. We talked to them and the price was right, capabilities to meet worked out. We liked the work that we saw them do on other projects. They had the Java skill set that we needed to do our work.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It was from $50,000 to $200,000.

When was the work completed?

It's ongoing work. We're going to stabilize what we have, and then we're going to ask them to refine it and get it leaner. Our code has been old and antiquated in some ways. We've been working them for five months.

Do you have any stats or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We've had some various spikes due to house ads that we run. They've helped us increase server and management of that stuff. We're happy with the support they gave us for that. Overall, the improvements that we've been doing with them is more like improvements to the workflow and process of how people use the site. That can't really be quantified. They have executed on the functionality that we wanted.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

I am satisfied with the results of their work. They've been very open and communicative as far as what it takes to get things done, why things may not work the way we want it to.

Is there anything unique or special about Magora that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

They have good commitment. They've done work when we've had priority zero issues. They've been available via Skype, via text. They've been very communicative. That's very helpful for us.

There have been times that they've taken a look at what we're doing, and they've come up with their own suggestions and improvements to help facilitate our goals. They'll share insights and you get the benefit of their experience.

There have been hiccups and issues on certain things, but I think it's been more of a result of the fact that the old code that existed was written by a developer who is no longer available to us. So, we didn't have good documentation. There needed to be learning done by the tech team on code that was not documented. So, that presents certain challenges.

That's why we're going to have them update the code to something much better once we're in a stable place. When we were first starting the relationship, and we were going through the contract negotiation, they had some various concessions that they wanted.

They wanted some amount of money up front for work we were going to have them do later. They had been burned by people in the past so that made them leery. That process just took longer. Maybe that could be improved or they could have insurance behind them to help with that.

They do good work for what we asked them. It's implemented well.
      Depending on the person's needs.

Mobile Development for Medical Advice Startup

"Their coding is very good."

Magora provided development services for a mobile app. The team used existing designs to write code and create a functional iOS product.

Boston Metro Area
    Founder, Medical App Startup

The app was downloaded over 500 times despite minimal marketing efforts. Magora delivered clean, high-quality coding. They communicated well, were reasonably priced, and were eager to meet project deadlines. The team was enjoyable to work with and offered a wealth of skills and knowledge.

[Our product is] basically an app to help people find over-the-counter products based on their symptoms and age. I'm a pharmacist and I came up with the idea.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the owner and founder.

What was your goal for working with Magora Systems?

I needed a mobile app developer to take my designs and create a functional product.

They're developing and writing the code, and then I do everything else. It's just for iOS now.

What was your process for selecting Magora Systems with which to work?

I went on oDesk.com, and I submitted the project about two years ago. I had a bunch of applicants. I saw that Magora's apps were better than other people that I chose as finalists.

They had less glitches. The apps that they developed looked nicer than others. They have good communication skills, and they speak English well.

It was from $20,000 to $25,000.

When was the work completed?

The main project is done. If I have updates or upgrades, I'll go to them to fix it.

I didn't have any money left for marketing after I built the app. I did very minimal marketing. I was able to get more than 500 downloads. It came out in September 2014. I've only been able to get personal feedback, but nothing from strangers. They tell me what I could make better.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

I don't know about their graphics team because I created all the graphics myself. My mom looked into their code because she's a software engineer, and she said it looked very clean. She was happy with their skills as well. Their coding is very good.

If you have a contract with them and they sign it, then they will be doing work according to the contract in a timely manner to make sure the product is done in time. If there is no contract, then it's open and, hopefully, you get it done whenever you need it to be done, but the project can take longer.

Is there anything unique or special about Magora Systems that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

I've only worked with them and not other teams, but their English is very well spoken. They're eager to finish a project according to time frames. They provide a reasonable quote. They're nice in general as people.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

I would recommend negotiating a contract before starting the project to ensure timely delivery and reasonable expectations.

In the beginning, I had trouble getting a response. They didn't tell me if someone was on vacation or sick leave. They did improve drastically on that measure.

If there's a contract.
      After I ask them to fix a glitch, their work is very strong.

Design & Development for Conference Organizer

"I would say they are the best outsourced firm we’ve ever worked with."

July 2014 - Ongoing

Magora Systems provided a variety of services in the development of two apps. They completed graphic design, Web design, front and backend development, database development, and maintenance.

San Francisco Bay Area
    Founder, IT Conference Organizer

Magora Systems performed well by setting accurate expectations for the project and successfully meeting or exceeding them. The agency is recognized for their outstanding Web design skills. They also delivered transparent, responsive project management.

My company produces technology conferences for developers.

I’m the founder and CEO.

What was your goal for working with Magora Systems?

They’ve developed two applications for us. One is a hackathon management tool. It enables us to manage the attendees and our sponsors of our hackathons online.

The second tool is an online platform for technology vendors to list their integrations and their consultants and cover new integrations to build out their integration networks.

They did the graphic design, the Web design, the front end and back-end, the database, and all maintenance so far.

What was your process for selecting Magora Systems with which to work?

I went on Elance. I did an RFP [request for proposal], and I chose them based on their responsiveness, their quoted budget, and their portfolio.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work hour figure?

It was about $70,000

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing. We started with them probably 10 months ago.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

It’s not launched yet, so no metrics currently.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

I would say they are the best outsourced firm we’ve ever worked with. Their project management skills are great – very transparent and very responsive to communication about fixes being urgent.
    They’re way above average in setting the expectations of how long a big project will take. They have way above average Web design skills. They have their own in-house Web designer.

They’re very accurate in their time estimations. Also, their Web design is much higher skilled than other teams abroad.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

It’s useful to be semi-technical just because instead of them charging you for project management time. If you’re a project manager, it would end up making the project cheaper.

I believe we were their first large project using Angular.js. I didn’t know it would be so experimental. I think it took a few more man weeks than they thought to implement it, but I’m happy with the results. Using experimental technologies is a good and a bad thing.

Data Backup System for Data Recovery Firm

"Overall, working with the Magora team was a very comfortable experience."

2015 - 2017

Magora designed and developed a backup software system to support cloud-based and local network data recovery for customers across the US.

Israel
    Project Manager, Data Backup Firm

The finished solution met functionality requirements, thanks to Magora’s technical skills and problem-solving abilities. The team’s responsiveness and eagerness to fix issues contributed to the engagement’s efficiency, but their coding outputs required additional monitoring.

I'm the R&D Project Manager for a data recovery firm. We provide data recovery, hard drive repair, RAID repair, computer forensics, and other professional media services through a network of more than 40 offices across the United States.

As an additional service for the customers, we decided to implement a data backup solution. This required some custom software development for a vendor partner since we couldn't handle the extra volume.

The solution is a desktop backup software that allows users to store data on a common public cloud (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Box.com, and OneDrive), on an FTP [file transfer protocol] server, or on a local network destination.

We found Magora Systems through an online search and decided to hire them. They provided design, development, and other advice.

Overall, working with the Magora team was a very comfortable experience. The company is skilled in development, responsive, and quick to fix any problems that arise. They should really focus on code quality, though, because that is one area for improvement. We found some bugs in the final deliverables.

I suggest that potential clients should give them clear instructions and manage the team closely to avoid problems. They are a very strong team but will make mistakes if you don't give them the proper project details.