E-Commerce Development Agency

MacroMade Inc. makes beautiful eCommerce solutions to help merchants sell more and scale their business.

As an award-winning eCommerce agency that specializes in creating business solutions for forward-thinking brands, design-thinking is at the heart of MacroMade, we are forward-thinkers and pioneers of a passionate beyond.

We create user-centric and data-driven solutions; it all starts with your idea, we'll take it from there. Driving significant change for the better is a hard task. Over the years we have focused on creating useful, and structured solutions for our clients.

We primarily work with brands that are looking to standout and better understand their customers.

Arlington, VA

CRM functions
CRM solutions
Productivity & collaboration
Managed services

6 Shore Road,YumiKim,Advanced Fiberglass Concepts,Air Ambassadors,Alien Outfitters,Amanda Uprichard,April & The Bear,Athletes Brand,Autonomy Skateboarding,B45 Baseball,BBDakota,Baby Tula

Web Design for Youth Empowerment Nonprofit

"They always made sure they were available. I was very satisfied with their project management."

Nov. 2016 - Feb. 2017

MICA Interactive designed and developed a website to accurately reflect the youthful character of the organization. One key feature was an intuitive donation platform that is optimized for both web and mobile.

Washington, D.C.
Imazul Qadir
President, Operation Help The People

The new website is easier to navigate and sends a clearer message, as was hoped. MICA Interactive was highly responsive, usually within a few hours. Their youthful team understood the project’s design goals. They excelled at understanding and recreating the vision for the site.

Operation Help the People is a youth based non-profit operating out of Jamaica and the US. Our main mission is to get youth involved and more socially aware. We do projects that involve youth going out and getting involved with the community. Our projects include feeding people to running trade conferences where students get to learn how to navigate through different markets. We do projects both in the US and Jamaica. The most recent project was in Jamaica for the Jamaican Labor Day where we fed and gave care packages to 300 people in Kingston. We’re also planning another one where we’ll shoot a documentary in Jordan for the Syrian refugees. I’m the president of the US operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with MICA Interactive?

The website I initially had didn’t look like I wanted it to. I don’t come from a background of web design, so my friend designed our first website. It was good but it wasn’t reflecting the vibe and vision that our organization had. It wasn’t very appealing to look at especially when I tried to present it to our different sponsors. I wanted the website to show our previous projects laid out in an organized manner. I wanted the site to have the feel that our organization was aiming at, which was the involvement with youth.

I showed them the previous website and gave them an overview of the vision I had for the website. The project was done in stages. They designed a web page to see if they understood what I wanted. I made some changes like making sure the pictures matched the project that it was portraying. That way people could have access to the photo gallery that matched the picture. There were parts of the website that I couldn’t explain properly, but they were able to fill in those gaps. The site was built from scratch, and I’m completely satisfied with it.

On my old website, when someone wanted to donate, it was very confusing. I mentioned that to MICA and they took care of that. Now it’s very easy to navigate. No one has complained about being confused while donating. There were links on the old site that wouldn’t open properly especially on mobile devices. MICA took care of that too. There is now a place where sponsors can sign up.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

I worked mainly with one or two people, but the person that I worked with the most was Mikael.

How did you come to work with MICA Interactive?

One of my college friends referred me to them and introduced me to Mikael. I looked at their previous work, and decided to hire them. I didn’t look for anyone else. Mikael was very easy to talk to and got the job done.

How much have you invested with MICA Interactive?

We spent $12,000 on the site.

We started working with them in November 2016, and the site launched in January 2017. After the site launched, there were some minor changes that needed to be made and they did that for me.

My friends, family, mentors, and clients have said the site is easier to navigate and less confusing. The visual appeal of the site is nicer than it was before.

How did MICA Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated through text and phone calls, and they would respond to me within two hours. Anytime I had a question, I would ask to talk at a certain time. They always made sure they were available. I was very satisfied with their project management.

What did you find most impressive about MICA Interactive?

I really appreciated that they were able to understand what I was saying in terms of my vision. What I was saying sounded confusing to me, but they understood it because they have a young team and there was a connection there. I would refer them to other peers looking to have a website.

Are there any areas MICA Interactive could improve?

I don’t remember a time when I had a complaint.