Professional Website Design and Internet Marketing

Los Angeles Web Design is a boutique Internet business development agency specializing in website design, Internet marketing and social media planning and implementation. Our firm represents clients worldwide and some of the many advantages of working with us are expert knowledge, decades of experience, customized services, attention to detail and customer service.  LA Web Design is Outstanding Web Design in Los Angeles.

1997
Los Angeles, CA
  • Los Angeles Web Design
    7985 Santa Monica Blvd., 310
    Los Angeles, CA 90046
    323.737.7177

Web Design For Entertainment Networking Platform

“They exceeded my expectations with their seriousness and capability to make the project a success.”

June 2010 - Ongoing

Los Angeles Web Design developed the UI and UX for a POC website, including implementation of a CMS and e-commerce capabilities. They also provided organic SEO, keyword analysis, and Google AdWords campaigns.

Geneva, Switzerland
Adrien Cassaigneau
CEO, World Oak Pictures, LLC

Solemnity and attentiveness are what proved Los Angeles Web Design to be a valuable partner throughout this highly complex project. They successfully delivered exactly what was needed, and performed impeccably throughout the entire process.

I am the CEO of World Oak Pictures, LLC, a startup company founded in October 2010. We wanted to implement a new digital media project concerning the film entertainment industry funding and production.

What challenge were you trying to address with Los Angeles Web Design?

We needed to set up a new digital media network, including a deal-making platform, generative earnings, and success stories.

Initially, they reviewed my business plan and we had in-depth consultations to completely outline my goals. Next, we worked on a website navigation flow diagram, an assessment of content on each page, then a completed storyboard and requirements document. This enabled us to move on to designing the UI and UX.

Los Angeles Web Design did graphic design work, including art direction, layout, typesetting, and pre-production of website pages. They also provided rounds of stock photos that were confirmed by clients, and then a final concept with high-res photos before going into production. They also prepared web graphics and kept us in touch with their team leader to discuss all changes as they were needed to produce the desired result.

We had three phases, and the first involved the creation and implementation of UI graphics, design and creation of database structure, development of UI framework, and programming of all site pages. Also, they created a database and login system, including membership levels, set up e-commerce, and set up a system for renewals and subscriptions. A screenwriter's page for the upload and storage based on allotted limits was also implemented, along with a script management page. A CMS, along with subsequent testing and troubleshooting were also provided by Los Angeles Web Design.

During phase two, they built out all membership pages, added forms for uploading screens, uploaded video pages with forms for related data, and implemented project and screenplay search capabilities for higher level memberships. A project dashboard for viewing and managing projects and documents, video and DVD document handling, order forms for various site package options, and a fees page were also provided.

Phase three involved the implementation of discussion forums in member areas, as well as more testing and troubleshooting.

During the final phase, they provided a complete process view, which including document navigation funnel visualization and autoresponders. This also included document specifics of vetting processes from user perspectives, admin specifics, and database functions with back-end processing consideration. Los Angeles Web Design also created Members Greetings and Home pages, vetting processes for producers, distributors, and investors, and provided multiple Terms of Use Agreement forms for various purposes.

Los Angeles Web Design provided organic SEO, client consultations, keyword analysis, comprehensive website review, and site submissions for the marketing stage. They also monitored Google PPC ad campaigns, budget recommendations, tracking, landing pages, bid management, and accounts.

There has been a positive collaboration between World Oak Pictures and Los Angeles Web Design for every part of the project.

How did you come to work with Los Angeles Web Design?

Los Angeles Web Design was recommended by a PR firm in Los Angeles. After being introduced to their business and meeting Louise Manfe [Vice President, Los Angeles Web Design] and Alan Dale [CEO, Los Angeles Web Design], they exceeded my expectations with their seriousness and capability to make the project a success.

We’ve spent around $150,000.

We began working together in June 2010, and the relationship is ongoing.

The project was developed as a proof of concept to engage a suitable investor, and we are currently conducting meetings to find a suitable one. We hope to have the project fully funded this year to continue our work.

How did Los Angeles Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed well, and I have been very satisfied

This is a highly complex project, and I interviewed many companies prior to hiring Los Angeles Web Design. They listened to my needs and read hundreds of pages of business planning for overall ideas. This ultimately allowed for the design and development of requirements documentation and consequential UI platform that we needed.

I wish they could have been my funding partner, but that’s probably out of their scope. They performed admirably, and I would be happy to continue working with them in the future.

Web Design for Entertainment Company

"They were very on top of it. We never felt like we were on the back burner."

Jul. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Los Angeles Web Design built a custom marketing website, including storyboarding user flow and offering multiple design options. The site includes a video player, photos, and informational pages.

Julie Moran
Owner, MissDirection Entertainment, LLC

The new website is a powerful sales tool. Los Angeles Web Design was engaged and responsive. They prioritized client satisfaction, talking for as long as was needed and valuing customer input. Constant feedback and collaboration ensured the end product was an exceptional value.

MissDirection Entertainment, LLC is an entertainment company based in Los Angeles, California. I’m the owner and a member.

What challenge were you trying to address with Los Angeles Web Design?

We had a crappy website, and we actually were in production when we first put our website up, so we just had a friend of a friend put the site up. We knew to get our business functioning well, we needed a professionally designed website. We needed to build a custom website from the ground up.

We worked directly with Alan Dale. He’s the owner of the company, and he coordinates the process from the beginning to end. He was our first point of contact, and we spoke with him extensively. He’s the one that explained the process, what we needed to do and what to expect from them. He’s the one that drafted our contract that we entered into. He’s also a point of contact if we had technical questions about how to transition over to the new website. I can still contact him if I have any questions. Louise Manfe [vice president of marketing] helped us with the graphic design and designing the layout. The first phase was storyboarding, which is what Louise worked on. We went through the details with Alan and he drafted the contract. He gave us an idea of what we would need to provide to them. We gave graphic designs and copy to Louise. We all looked at websites to get examples of things that we liked, why we liked them. The storyboarding took six weeks. We were in touch with them on a regular basis that whole time.

Because this is a production company, we have a current project that’s a web series that is still in post-production. LA Web Design created something that was a really good feature.We have one show that we’re focusing on right now, but we have other upcoming projects, so we wanted to be able to do a layout where you could easily navigate and look at the various different projects and have a player, as well as information, come up with each description, and have it neatly organized, have it easy to navigate. We also needed a mobile-friendly and laptop-friendly site. That was actually one thing that we were really pleased with. It wasn’t just so that we had a page where we would just describe what we do and throw up a few laurels. LA Web solved an issue where users can scroll down and show various pictures without overcrowding a page or making it difficult to scroll through. And when we put up the laurels, we wanted them to be subtle. We had a bunch of different images and things that we wanted to put on the site. The video player is showing laurels and that sort of thing to make it smooth and look good. We were on WordPress before; now we’re on Drupal, which is more expensive.

We wanted to show clips of the one show we’re focused on. We also have a page that’s the cast page, and we wanted to show that we had laurels from film festivals. They helped us create a design where it wasn’t too many things in your face, or difficult to find those things. We showed them an example of a site we liked, and they were able to take that and create a cast page that was similar. I thought it was helpful, because they helped us problem solve and go look at some really top-quality sites and help us adapt those to our needs. It’s actually a pretty in-depth process to get it done and get it so that it’s your unique site. I thought they were really helpful in getting something designed. It was a unique problem for them to solve, but they helped us solve it in a very professional way, and we are really happy with it.

How did you come to work with Los Angeles Web Design?

I did a lot of research online. I did see some other companies on Clutch. We knew we wanted to work with somebody who was local, so we didn’t really look outside of southern California. We looked at online reviews from clients, professional reviewing companies. We went to each individual site to see the design people’s website and see what that looked like. Most of those sites have examples of clients’ work.

What set LA Web Design apart was that they not only had terrific reviews, but when we contacted them, they were very high quality. Alan explained the whole process. I was really impressed that he just took the time to answer all my questions, and even the questions I didn’t know I had. He explained the whole process and what to expect and some of the things that set them apart from other companies. If it’s your first foray into doing a professional website, it’s great to have someone to advise you. I spoke to him for more than an hour, and I hadn’t even committed to working with them yet. I contacted three other companies that were basically about the same as far as quality of design and reputation. One of those companies barely gave me the time of day. A couple of them took time to talk, but it wasn’t in-depth.

We wanted something that we could update ourselves later. There were other parts of the process, where Alan would give us advice that if we don’t do something a certain way, we’ll have problems later. LA Web Design is definitely on the cutting-edge. You want something that is comfortable for people to navigate. One of the things that really set them apart was that they cared about their clients. Alan will take the time to answer your questions.  There was another company that had really good quality design examples and told me just to look at them on the site. I had questions and I wondered if they would give the personal service I was looking for. I wanted the process to be a collaborative process.

How much have you invested with Los Angeles Web Design?

Originally, we had thought we might do a simpler design, but then we decided that we wanted to do a video player. We ended up working with them longer than we thought. The original cost would have been around $7,000 or $8,000. We wanted to add some features that we knew were going to need more programming. We wanted a more sophisticated design where we can add other projects to it, rather than doing individual projects. We spent $16,000, and now we can add and expand.

We started our relationship in July 2016. It took us a while to go live, not because they’re incredibly slow or anything like that but because we changed direction. It was in the fall when we decided to change into a different direction. We would have been done sooner with the original design had we not changed our direction. It took us probably longer than some other companies would have to get finished because of the type of business we have. We launched the site in January 2017. I know it doesn’t take them that long usually, but we didn’t get things to them in a timely manner sometimes and we also switched the direction of what we wanted to do.

Our old one got no business. We’re still actually doing the SEO optimization for the new site, but I don’t have any analytics yet. We used to be almost embarrassed to give out our business cards before. People at film festivals have been very impressed with the site. We’ve gotten emails from people that are enthusiastic about our projects. It’s definitely a professional calling card. We’ve seen a difference in the number of people that contact through email. Any kind of correspondence we got on the old site was usually just bots or trolls. Now, we actually get real interaction.

How did Los Angeles Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very easy to get in touch with. We dealt with Alan and Louise on different stages of the project, and they were very on top of it. We never felt like we were on the back burner. We spent untold hours going over things in detail to make sure that we were happy, going through the suggestions, knowing how things would piece together, and even just brainstorming problems and issues in the design. I would rate them extremely highly. They’re very hands-on, very in touch with their clients, and accessible. They’re always very responsive.

What did you find most impressive about Los Angeles Web Design?

Caring, accessible customer service was one of the things we were impressed by. We really felt like we were part of the process. We felt comfortable asking questions and having our questions answered. They cared about us as individual customers. They did respect our creative input. We were very happy with them. Louise seemed like she was going out of her way on the creative part of trying to help us make improvements and suggestions. Alan is very approachable. If he’s busy, he’ll set up a time to call you back and take the time to just answer your questions. You never feel like you’re rushed or you’re bothering him. It’s nice to work with a company where your project is very important to them. They want to make sure you’re happy with everything, and it’s great to feel a part of the process. Your website is your business and is a huge investment for your reputation, money, time, etc. It’s nice to feel valued, and you understand what’s happening. Otherwise, it could be a scary process and the product may not be as good. We were creating something from scratch and it’s not something that you can see as you’re holding it in front of you. A website is something that’s in your mind. We saw the end product and were really happy with it. They got our feedback on every stage along the way.

Are there any areas Los Angeles Web Design could improve?

Not really. I’m expecting the same high-quality customer service while we work on SEO. We had a conference for that with Louise last week, and I’m actually looking to revise copy now, based on that. They know their stuff, and we’re really happy with their work. We knew there would be price changes as we switched directions, so there were no surprises there. I would use them again. I would highly recommend them. I don’t have any tangible reasons why I wouldn’t highly recommend them.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Los Angeles Web Design?

One thing that will help on the client’s end is having examples of what they want to do with their website, as well as if they happen to have some graphics ready to go. Louise can do graphic design, so that’s not necessarily something you have to build from the ground up. Some companies might want to save some money and do their own designs. Before you contact them, it could save you some time if you have some specific examples that they can walk you through and give feedback on.

Overall Score I would use them again, and I would definitely recommend them to people. We may very well need to do a redesign sometime in the future, and I wouldn’t hesitate to contact them.
    That was actually excellent. We had one delay around the holidays but they communicated that ahead of time. They’re very prompt at scheduling. When they say they’re going to call, they do. They get things back to you on time.
    They’re not cheap. Given the quality of what we received, we’re happy with what we received for the price. When we were searching a company, we didn’t want to risk getting something that wasn’t professional or looks cheaply done.
    They’re on the cutting edge and know what they’re doing. Their designs are terrific. You’ll never feel rushed off the phone, or like a number, or like you’re sitting on the back burner.

Web Redesign for Candle Supplies Company

"Los Angeles Web Design listened to what I had to say. They were sympathetic to my needs and very nice."

The client hired Los Angeles Web Design to rebuild their site which included work on their logo, theme, design, development, and SEO.

Huntington, West Virginia
Becky Britton
Owner, Just Scent

Los Angeles Web Design performed extremely well throughout the partnership, producing a site that doubled the client’s business. The client appreciated the agency’s collaborative nature and high quality work and recommends them to others.

Just Scent is a wholesale fragrance oil company, and we've been in business for almost 13 years. We sell candle supplies and soap supplies to crafters.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Los Angeles Web Design?

My biggest goal was to create a website that was not confusing. I have so many products and so many pages that my customers found it daunting to try to find something. When you're in the world of wholesalers, it's typically not a pretty site. I wanted it to be aesthetically pretty as well as very functional.

Los Angeles Web Design completely rebuilt my site, including the logo and theme. They helped with everything from the design, the development, third-party integrations, and the SEO [search engine optimization] side as well. They changed the structure and design of every single page. They also changed the back-end so it would be easier for me to add and edit products.

How did you come to work with Los Angeles Web Design?

I was on my shop host site looking to see who they recommended, and there were 10 website designers who worked with Lexicon. I actually called a couple of people and when I spoke to Alan [Dale, CEO at Los Angeles Web Design] and Louise [Manfe, vice president of marketing at Los Angeles Web Design], I just knew they were the right fit.

It cost between $10,000 and $15,000.

It's an ongoing engagement, and I'm still working with them mostly on SEO

We have doubled our business since we launched the site in September without changing any other part of the business.

How did Los Angeles Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Los Angeles Web Design listened to what I had to say. They were sympathetic to my needs and very nice. They talked in terms that I could understand because I'm not a web person. They told me what they could do. They explained everything to me, and they had weekly drawings and updates of everything that they had been working on. I got little storyboards for every step. They were awesome.

What distinguishes Los Angeles Web Design from other providers?

They have such a great eye for all the details, not just making it aesthetically pretty, but the details in the functionality of the site. The details that I would never even have thought about. The color or fonts, the size of the pictures – they go into great detail about things that you would never even think to look at.

Is there anything Los Angeles Web Design could have improved or done differently?

I don't think they could have done anything to make it more successful, truly. I am 100% happy.

They always met their deadlines.
    They build a beautiful site.
    I've already recommended them several times.

Consumer Products Company Web Design

"They were always available. The other factor is that they listen and are into problem solving."

L.A. Web Design provided a minor update for an existing e-commerce website. They offered redesign, development, and SEO, plus some training. They still offer site maintenance and add occasional features.

San Francisco Metro Area
CEO, Consumer Products Company

L.A. Web Design was very accessible by phone and was committed to attentive, proactive service. They took it upon themselves to suggest a more secure Internet provider because they prioritized security and efficiency.

Please describe your company.

We are a consumer products goods company that specializes in natural cleaning products.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the president and company founder.

What was your goal for working with Los Angeles Web Design?

We wanted to do a minor upgrade to our website, as well as test some URLs and Google AdWords for our marketing.

L.A. Web Design did Web development and SEO [search engine optimization]. There was some training. It was about 50 percent design and development, about 40 percent SEO, and about 10 percent training.

What was your process for selecting Los Angeles Web Design with which to work?

I had researched them online and interviewed quite a few companies. My major concern was associated with the cost-benefit analysis and metrics. We were just doing a minor update, but we ended up selecting L.A. Web Design based on the return on investment and the actual capital resources we had to put out.

We have an e-commerce site, which is ShopSite.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative?

It took about eight to 12 weeks between the actual development, testing, and marketing.

Can you assess Los Angeles Web Design’s performance?

L.A. Web Design's performance was exceptional. They switched us to a new Internet service provider that was more secure, and we’ve stayed there. They didn’t do any security audits and just took it upon themselves to suggest that provider. They were more economical and secure. That was a major plus.

As far as the programming was concerned, they delivered on it. We implemented Google Analytics at the time, which was a little fuzzy on the metrics at first. We had some ups and downs, and it took about four weeks to get it resolved, but they got it done. They didn’t take no for an answer. I used them prior to the first big project. If they don’t have the answer, they’ll find it. I find them to be highly motivated as far as customer service and problem solving for the customer.

Do you have an online sales function, or is it geared toward lead generation?

It's e-commerce, but it's not our major function. It serves as a stopgap if the consumer can't find it at retail, either online or brick and mortar. It also allows us to gather data as it relates to customer service feedback, whether we can do better on the product. We hear the good, the bad, and the ugly on the results and performance of the product.

Accessibility and project management, which is unusual. Most of these companies tend to be driven by email. L.A. Web Design is very focused. If I have an issue, I'll either get a call back within four hours or an email setting up a time to talk. They were always available. When you’re doing a project like this, accessibility is always critical.

The other factor is that they listen and are into problem solving. What I want to do, and what is best for me, may not always be the same. They do a good job of understanding that. If they don’t know the answer, they'll find it. They always find a way to make it work.

I find that a lot of Web design and implementation agencies tend to be pretty proud of their work from a cost standpoint, which they're entitled to do. L.A. Web Design was cost effective, and we got a great return on our investment. They didn’t try to sell us a bigger project. We told them the scope of the work, they figured out how to get it done, and they did it. We had some companies try to sell us a Microsoft product that was five to 10 times more expensive from a resources standpoint.

I compared the cost to agencies all around the country since ShopSite is not a common site. The minute I called them, L.A. Web Design was extremely engaging. I'm big on not sugar coating things, and they don’t do that.

Not that I can think of. We use ShopSite, which a lot of other companies don’t use. L.A. Web Design understands it thoroughly. The only thing I could have done differently was regarding the scope of work. I could have overhauled the whole website.

I’ve already recommended them to a couple of people.

Boutique Marketing Agency SEO Work

“Everything was successful. It was on time and on budget.”

L.A. Web Design overhauled an existing website, providing content generation, SEO work, and HTML development. They provided four resources to design a fresh, modern user interface.

Los Angeles Metro Area
President, Expert Marketing

The new design increased potential revenue generation and helped monetize new leads. L.A. Web Design completed the project on time and on budget with no snags or challenges to speak of.

Please describe your company.

We are a digital advertising firm based in California. We are a boutique agency that specializes in digital media campaigns. We have around 10 employees with an office in Los Angeles.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the president and responsible for business development.

What was your goal for the work with Los Angeles Web Design?

We generate most of our business through our Web presence, and we needed a fresh new look to our site with updated content for SEO. We also needed fresh content for SEO purposes. We asked them for an updated service list and a new graphic interface.

Can you tell me about the scope of the project?

They were responsible for content development, design, and HTML programming for the website.

What was your process for selecting Los Angeles Web Design?

They had the best options and flexible pricing. They also had the knowledge and patience to provide work that was effective for us at a fair price point.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative with a general cost range?

The cost was about $10,000 and four people worked on the project.

When was the project completed?

In 2012.

What were the results of the project?

The sales staff like it because it is a great source for new leads and has strong revenue potential. They are able to prequalify clients before they contact us. However, we have decided to move to Drupal later this year. Drupal seems to offer more control over content and should work better for our company.

How did Los Angeles Web Design perform?

Everything was successful. It was on time and on budget. The project wrapped up smoothly.

Looking back on the project, is there anything that you think Los Angeles Web Design could improve upon, or something that you might do differently?

Very likely.