Web and mobile application on demand

Look4App is a Polish software house that offers expert, custom development of web and mobile applications, focusing mainly on enterprise-class software and startups. With years of experience, we differentiate ourselves by a strong foundation of business ethics, partnership and acting on solid data. We like it triple-checked. We don’t get carried away with trends and keep our promises.

While developing and managing complex solutions we deliver on time and always strive for the best quality maintaining our role as a genuine, trustworthy partner.

Wroclaw, Poland
    +48 575 244 000

• Travelplanet.pl
  • Indata software
  • Ultimo S. A.
  • Hays Poland sp. z o. o.

Emerald Air

Emerald Air application is enabling to connect an unlimited number of devices that are measuring air quality to the users network through WiFi. The system will automatically analyse and save the data about air humidity, pressure, temperature and chemical pollutants.

Travelplanet.pl

The Travelplanet.pl company was struggling with a problem of serving “Last Minute” customers online. Solutions for this challenge were already being used by a large proportion of the company competitors. The client was thinking of creating a simple and unique platform, with an enjoyable interface, that would solve the target group’s access issues.

The system enables searching through offers in one of the biggest Polish travel agencies – Travelplanet.pl. The tool is synchronised with the Travelplanet booking system as well as external service providers. The project has been adapted to many different browsers and offers maximised clarity and readability of the page’s UI. The application was developed in .NET and HTML5.

The Podyum

The football players community have suffered from a lack of professional infrastructure for amateur & semi pro’s that would enable them to promote their achievements, share the statistics, exchange experiences, or manage their teams.

Podyum is the football lovers community dedicated platform. The teams are able to manage their careers and gameplays by using tools such as team management, training planner, team statistics, recruiting mode or social media integration mode. The players have access to personalised profiles enabling the promotion of achievements, communications with fans and live statistics tracking. Live updating game scores are collected from the mobile app for coaches.

Cofapay

On the competitive and unpredictable market, the ability to secure yourself against bad debts had been more important than ever. Payment overdue or bankruptcy can happen to any company anytime. There were no efficient security nets to monitor the risk level. The rising business risk had become a serious issue.

Coface is an analytical tool able to prepare a fully specified report describing financial condition of specific companies or whole business branches. It will let you analyse the Payment Morality Index (PMI) of debtors, Map of Risks, Industry Risk and Payment Performance, as well as tracking trends. The solution works globally using data from 66 countries and over 224 cities.

Android App Development for Photo Booth Company

"Look4App is a good choice for anyone willing to spend more on development."

July 2015 - Mar. 2016

An entrepreneur wanted to create the world's best photo application so he reached out to Look4App to make his idea come to life.

Boston, Massachusetts

Look4App built an impressive Android application that has generated hundreds of thousands of downloads and is truly comparable to Instagram.

I am a sole entrepreneur developing mobile applications. I'm located in Boston, Massachusetts.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Look4App?

I had an idea and knew where I wanted to go, but I didn't know how to reach the target. I wanted to develop the best photo application possible, so I reached out to several software houses to see what my options were.

Look4App provided full-scope development for my Android app, working on everything—the landing page, the backend database and server connections, and the frontend app itself. The application has around 60 filters, so it required a lot of work. I’ve been able to use the filters developed by Look4App on other projects.

Look4App assigned a graphic and UX designer and two Android mobile developers.

How did you come to work with Look4App?

I talked to various software houses from Poland, Ukraine, and Romania. Their prices were on the same level, so I needed to make a choice in terms of quality. I looked at their approaches to solving problems rather than the technology used. Look4App developed an initial screen for the app, and I liked it. I also had one of my partners check Look4App's code.

The cost of Look4App's work was above $50,000.

We started working with Look4App in July 2015. The development took six months to complete, ending in March 2016. We have maintained contact, and Look4App has helped me with other minor projects.

I wanted to develop an app which would be better than Instagram; in some respects, I achieved this. The app has been successful, reaching between 300,000 and 400,000 downloads. The paid version is also successful, with around 50,000 downloads.

How did Look4App perform from a project management standpoint?

Look4App used a whole stack of tools during our project, including Slack for communication and JIRA with a time-tracking add-on called Tempo.

What distinguishes Look4App from other providers?

Look4App is a good choice for anyone willing to spend more on development.

Is there anything Look4App could have improved or done differently?

The beginning of the project was kind of hard since we needed to get used to each other's work style. For the first couple of weeks, communication was harder, and it was very helpful to visit Look4App's team on-site.

Do you have any recommendations for others considering working with Look4App?

I recommend visiting Look4App's office and spending a week with the team. It can give clients a chance to learn how the work is done and expand on ideas in a more effective way than using Skype or email. I visited their office twice, and it was a good experience. I was able to give Look4App an understanding of my project and business background, which led to a more successful collaboration.

The cost could be less.
    I've already done it.

Web Application Development for Air Purification Company

"I think they are a great company to help startups. I get a lot of help from Look4App on business development."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Look4App built web and mobile apps for a complicated electronic device to allow them to work without internet access.

11- 50 employees

President of the Board, Air Purification Company

Look4App is the only company that could build such a difficult solution after several other development firms tried and failed. They communicate well and finished the project early.

We are a startup that is developing an electronic nose. It is a small battery-operated device that will recognize chemicals in the air we breathe.

I’m president of the board and work in IT as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Look4App?

Look4App is helping us develop mobile and web apps. Our device does not work without support from the Internet.

They developed the first MVP of our platform for B2B markets. They built a web application that is used to communicate with sensors that are placed inside a room. The data from the sensors is sent to the database, then it’s processed by the application. The app then shows the data on the dashboard. We need to test the device and get feedback, and then we’ll use Look4App to add features to the platform. There are still some things to improve because this is the first version.

How did you come to work with Look4App?

I talked with Bartek Robaszewski, the CEO at Look4App, about my project. Then I met with his business developer and we committed to some requirements for the B2B platform.

How much have you invested with Look4App?

The project was about 10,000 euros.

The project was completed the last week.

To review their work, I was able to simulate the system with some help from the developers. It ran very well. I showed the solution to potential investors and customers and that was successful because of the simple interface. There were no problems running the solution.

How did Look4App perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicated very well and everything was done on time. We didn’t have any problems.

What did you find most impressive about Look4App?

They were the first company that was able to build the solution without any problem. I think they are a great company to help startups. I get a lot of help from Look4App on business development. It was a great experience for me.

Are there any areas Look4App could improve?

I can’t think of anything.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Look4App?

The customer needs to know what they want and should not be afraid to tell Look4App what it is. Look4App is a very experienced firm and they are able to help in many different ways.

There was some work that was delayed, but they communicated with me about that ahead of time.
    The project was on budget.
    They provided me with good software without any bugs.
    I have recommended them already.

App Development for Photo Startup

"Look4App was able to provide us with every resource we needed, from designers to project managers, analysts, market researchers, and programmers."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Look4App developed an MVP [minimum viable product] application similar to Instagram to allow users to take fashion photos and get votes and advice on the best trends from other users.

CEO and Co-founder, Photo Sharing Application

Look4App has a full team of experts to tackle every angle of the project. They often have better ideas for the end product than the client.

We provide an application similar to Instagram, allowing users to take and post fashion-related pictures which are voted by their peers. The goal is to find out what styles should be bought and worn. The app has a never-ending feed, with enough content as to never become boring. We are a startup company during its seed stage, with one investor already onboard.

I am the chief executive officer and a co-owner of the company. I am in charge of research, marketing, and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Look4App?

We needed help to develop our web and mobile applications. Our aim is to become the most recognizable brand in the fashion app market.

Look4App designed and developed our app. We didn't have any experience in the area, but we knew which direction we wanted to take, so we relied on their consultation in order to design our concepts. Look4App also provided advice on how we should promote the app during the MVP stage. We've tried out a number of functionalities in order to get feedback from users and see which ones should be pursued further. It was better for us not to develop the whole application at once, but to have it built in stages.

How did you come to work with Look4App?

I found Look4App through the web, looking on clutch.co among other places, after making searches for Polish developers. We also looked at companies in Ukraine, but the language barrier was an issue. We received proposals from 3 companies and chose the least expensive option.

How much have you invested with Look4App?

The cost of our web application is going to be around $100,000. The MVP development has had a cost of $50,000. Look4App has a rate of $25 per hour.

We started working with Look4App in May 2016. The MVP phase for the mobile app was completed one month ago. We're now developing additional functionalities, as well as the web app itself.

The main promotion campaign will be started in January 2017. For now, we've launched a demo on the web, promoting it to bloggers in Asia. The feedback has been that our application is very good and that it should be published in its complete form.

How did Look4App perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication level and pricing were okay for us, so I am satisfied. We're working with Look4App on a constant basis.

What did you find most impressive about Look4App?

Look4App was able to provide us with every resource we needed, from designers to project managers, analysts, market researchers, and programmers. Look4App stuck to the timeline, actually finishing a bit early.

Are there any areas Look4App could improve?

I provide feedback to Look4App's team constantly, but I can't highlight anything in particular at this time.

Clients should let Look4App design the application and its functionality, instead of providing specific briefs. Look4App's ideas are likely to be better than the client's. After some initial discussions, people can better determine what they actually want, which is what happened in our case.

Look4App stuck to our schedule.
    Everything is working well.
    I've already referred Look4App after our work was completed.

Web Application Development for Travel Agency

“They performed very well.”

The team developed 2 web solutions for a travel business. The first allows users to find last-minute alternative travel deals, while the second is an internal tool to streamline the creation of offers in PDF.

Radoslaw Damasiewicz
Marketing Director, Travelplanet.pl S.A.

The development concluded with satisfactory products which are attributed to Look4App’s expertise in .NET, Oraz, and AngularJS. The team met the established goals in a timely manner and received excellent remarks for their performance.

Could you please provide a brief description of your company?

My company is Travelplanet Poland, the largest online travel agency in Poland. We specialize in package tours. We also have 30 offline branches.

What is your role at the company?

I am the E-commerce and marketing director of the company.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Look4App?

We have our own IT development team but sometimes we need extra people when we have more projects. We chose Look4app to help us specifically with two projects. Last Minute Navigator is a web application that helps users find the last minute deals in an alternative way. The current version was last updated by our development team.

The other project was Ofertometr, a web application for sales representatives. It helps to create an offer in PDF format, using drag and drop modules. This is an internal application and there is no external access to it.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

Our first goal was to increase the volume of sales from last minute deals. This is what we hoped Last Minute Navigator would help us with. Our second goal was to increase the conversion rate from web and offline inquiries to sales. This is what Ofertometr was designed to accomplish.

Can you tell me about the scope of the project? (What kinds of technologies were implemented, what was Look4App specifically responsible for accomplishing, etc?)

Look4App was responsible for developing the web applications from end-to-end, using .NET (ASP.NET WebAPI), Oraz, and AngularJS.

Their key responsibilities included creating RESTful [Representational State Transfer] web services to serve aggregate data from internal services to client application using the ASP.NET WebAPI. Look4App also ported the designs they were given by our team to various web components using AngularJS. Finally, they designed and implemented complex filtering logic in the web applications.

What was your process for selecting Look4App as a partner?

They were initially recommended to us by a business partner of ours. We selected Look4App after speaking with them and looking at some of their previous work.

Can you give us a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The total cost of their work was between $10,000 and $20,000.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The projects were finished according to the specifications. It is too early to say whether the sales metrics we were targeting will be reached. I can say that Look4App performed their responsibilities and their share of the work flawlessly. They definitely met the goals we set for them in a timely manner and they did so while remaining on budget.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special compared to other companies that you may have worked with?

I don’t know that I would say there was anything unique about them. They performed very well. We have no complaints about them or their work.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

No, as I said before, there were no problems that came up.

Mobile and Web Development for Religious Network

“They have done a good job so far.”

Look4App is developing a website where users can nurture their spiritual development by sharing audio and video content. The team is also working on an API for the mobile version of the portal.

Warsaw, Poland
Founder, Religious Network

Development is progressing smoothly through Look4App’s knowledge in project management and open communication. The team’s technical expertise allows them to find effective solutions to problems that arise during the task, which earns them positive feedback.

I have started many online businesses in Poland. They are mostly content providers and also social networks. My websites received many technology awards in 2014. I am the one of the most innovative entrepreneurs in Poland according to Brief Magazine.

I am owner of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Look4App?

We’re creating a social platform for Christian people. We are sharing audio and video materials supporting our users' spiritual development.

They’re currently working on our website. They’re also working on an application program interface [API] for the mobile version. They are very good in describing our information.

How did you come to work with Look4App?

I found them after a previous firm failed to deliver.

It’s in the tens of thousands of dollars.

We’ve been working together for six months and probably we will be working with them for another three to six months. They are very deep in the project, and we are very happy to work with them.

The project is ongoing so no statistics yet.

How did Look4App perform from a project management standpoint?

Look4App is very good at technical processes, so they know how to manage projects. They are very good with communication as well.

What distinguishes Look4App from other providers?

No matter how many problems you have, they will try to find a solution. They’re trying to be the best company in our market. Even if they’re not always perfect, they are always very easy to contact and they deliver the results.

I can say that they’re always trying to do their best to satisfy me. They are very good to speak to as well. Sometimes you can’t predict what happens in a project but they are very good at managing problems and other things that pop up.

Is there anything Look4App could have improved or done differently?

No, I don’t think so. They have done a good job so far.

You can trust Look4App and talk to them honestly. They are very competent and eager to please.