Building Brands that PERFORM

A FULL SERVICE CREATIVE AGENCY.

We create digital answers to business conundrums. Combining strategy, technology and execution we tailor custom fit web, branding and marketing solutions to current company Our team prides ourselves on clean, usable interfaces that create positive flow and drive conversions.

From startups to Fortune 500 companies, we have a wide range of experience with clients of all sizes. Our unique entrepreneurial spirit lends itself perfectly to launching the next great web startup or generating that fresh spark to create a competitive advantage for a large corporation. Our approach is simple, yet effective. What’s on our mind? Executing thought strategy, designing with your heart, building something new, and marketing for the world to see.

We come together every day to make things happen for the brands we represent. Our passion lies in generating new ideas and our philosophy is grounded in finding a human connection that can positively impact your bottom line. Delivering our client’s image, while creating ours.

WE ARE PURVEYORS OF FINE CREATIVE AND EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Come see us: http://www.llt-group.com/

Naperville, IL
  • 47 E. Chicago Avenue
    Naperville, IL 60540
  • 129 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

From Startups to Enterprise Level (Fortune 500)

Software Dev Demo for Job Platform

“We were counting on them, and they delivered a weak and shoddy demo.”

0.5

LLT Group worked on an AI-powered job application software. The system was supposed to filter job listings that matched users’ profiles. The team produced an unfinished application after twelve months of work.

Germantown, Maryland
Founder & CEO, Job Platform

The software was not only delivered late but included several non-functional components. As a result, multiple investors pulled out of the project. Overall, the LLT Group team was uncommunicative and lacked transparency, but ultimately it was a lack of trust that ended the partnership.

I’m the owner and CEO of an automated career platform for job seekers. I’m responsible for marketing and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

I needed a vendor to develop a demo job listings software to show interested investors. We wanted to provide an accurate representation of how the finished system would work.

Ultimately, we wanted to offer a valuable resource for job seekers. By making users aware of the important information missing from their resumes, we’d be preparing them for future opportunities. With our software, candidates would be able to apply to anywhere from 30–50 jobs in one sitting using an auto-apply function.

I provided LLT Group with an extensive outline for our software—something they could use to scope out the work and make accurate estimates. They needed to develop a software solution that automated the job application process using AI technology.

LLT Group developed a demo version from scratch. In the first month of the engagement, they worked on a series of mockups. Twelve months in, they submitted an unfinished product.

During the engagement, we worked with Jake (Lead Software Engineer, LLT Group), Therese (Senior Project Manager, LLT Group) and two other core team members. We were also in contact with Justin (VP of Sales and Marketing, LLT Group).

We started with a good level of inter-team communication, but that soon changed. Once the project went south, I started speaking with more senior staff. I eventually decided to contact our lawyer, so the VP of sales extended an apology, claiming that they underbid the project.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

About a year and a half ago, I started looking for a web development firm. I found LLT Group on Clutch.

We signed a contract for around $126,000 in total—about $114,000 for the design and build and another $12,000 for other services.

We started talking with LLT Group in early 2016 and began the development process in August of that year.

What problems arose and how did LLT Group address them?

In our initial contract, I agreed to pay LLT Group at scheduled milestones, but we weren’t seeing any results. With that said, it was my first time in a partnership like this, so I didn’t know what to expect. Around $60,000 into the engagement, we started to realize the problems in our relationship with their team.

In the middle of the project, I asked for access to the work they’d completed. They refused. I asked a second time, and they required that I pay for the entire product before they’d allow it. I wasn’t able to see any of the planning materials behind their development strategy.

Once LLT Group finished, I spent two days testing the software on my own, and it wasn’t functioning properly—almost as if there was no data driving the system. I found bad links, broken development layers, and poorly programmed functions and missing features that were approved. We didn’t have a chance to ask them to fix any of the problems because we couldn't view or touch the product while in production. We had several change requests that pushed the project out to 12 months. The entire engagement was a long, horrible, and stressful process.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

The partnership lasted between eight months and a year. We had a launch date in mind, but because LLT Group’s work wasn’t fully functional, we didn’t meet that deadline. We were counting on them, and they delivered a weak and shoddy demo. We had to inform our investors that the project was delayed, which caused some to pull out. I had to find new investors, but that ended up fine.

We started working with another vendor last month. That team is now analyzing and developing the auto-apply feature for our platform.

How was project management handled?

It was an extremely difficult process. LLT Group markets themselves as an agile shop, but they work slowly and with minimal interaction. I often reached out to our project manager, but wouldn’t hear back for weeks. I had to contact senior staff and request their involvement to move the project forward. Overall, the team lacked proactive communication. I asked for status updates and weekly reports, but they provided little to no documentation.

During our kick-off meeting in Chicago, we requested to have weekly meetings and weekly reports. We repeatedly asked for metrics that tracked progress, but the team said that they couldn’t give any concrete numbers. LLT Group was reluctant to share any of their work, including project data. They used Trello on their end, but we didn’t even know that until midway through the project. We communicated primarily via email.

In what specific areas can they improve?

In my opinion, they could improve every aspect of their service. I would’ve appreciated a more transparent approach to project management. Also, I would’ve liked them to see my project through its completion.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

I initially questioned LLT Group’s contact because I felt that it offered little protection and didn’t guarantee high-quality work. It also gave them the freedom to cancel the project at any time for any reason. I should have been more cautious in signing this agreement, and I recommend potential clients do the same. If they do choose to work with LLT Group, they should review the contract rigorously before making any commitments.

Company response

This comment was provided by Tony Zipparro, Co-Founder at LLT Group, on November 6th, 2018.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with LLT Group. We are sorry to hear about your complaints. Our goal is to provide total satisfaction and a positive experience to our clients. In fact, we pride ourselves on the partnerships we have with our clients and their businesses, and we hope that each one of our clients walks away with the product they envisioned. While we may disagree about the facts as you have outlined them above, we continue to look for ways to improve our business and will take your comments into consideration.

Website Redesign & Branding for Manufacturing Company

“I most appreciate their creativity and attentiveness.”

LLT Group built an informational WordPress site with integrated chat features and visual content. They designed the platform in alignment with a provided style guide, efficiently targeting potential customers.

Director of Marketing, Manufacturing Company

The delivered website was a valuable asset, boosting business and eliciting positive user feedback. Now in an ongoing partnership, LLT Group continues to show commitment to assigned tasks through helpful and receptive customer service, responsive communication, and a detailed work ethic.

I work in the sales and marketing division for an air solution manufacturer. My main responsibility is working on our outreach approach to better target our customers and increase sales. Our company was founded in 2009, and we’ve since experienced significant growth, so we need to continuously update our marketing platforms.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

We needed assistance with building our website. We’d tried three times before hiring LLT Group, once internally and twice with outsourced developers. However, the partnerships didn’t work out. Because we wanted a personal relationship with our next partner, we started looking for a local developer to take our online presence to the next level.

LLT Group created our WordPress website from scratch. In addition to drafting the platform’s layout, they designed each page, staying consistent with our brand style guide. They submitted their work for our approval and made any changes at our request. Throughout the design phase, they offered suggestions for both the visual and written content.

Internally, we have pretty strong technical skills, so we split the tasks for the development process. It’s ongoing work, continuously tweaking the platform to assure the information is up to date and remains aligned with our vision. The current site has a chat feature and some video content, making it more interactive for our users. Soon, we plan to launch an e-commerce system. LLT Group built the software and integrated it into the background of our site. Once we add some additional product information, we plan to go public with it.

Currently, the team is working on a marketing plan and a website build for another one of our brands. From a marketing perspective, they’re handling everything: making our logos, designing the site, assembling a style guide, creating the packaging, and working with photo and video content. Right now, the project is on pause because we don’t have the internal bandwidth to tackle the workload, but we plan to start up again as soon as we can.

We work mainly with Matt (Project Manager, LLT Group), Melissa (Creative Director, LLT Group), and Brenna (Art Director, LLT Group). We give Matt a series of tasks and he distributes them to a team of designers and developers.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

LLT Group was recommended by a colleague who came across their name and suggested that we reach out. We initially looked into a few different developers, but most were based in a different area. LLT Group was local, so it would be an easy commute for both parties when we needed to meet in person. After further review, we felt that they shared our core values and they seemed to be a well-suited partner.

We met with the CEO and VP of sales, who described their business and their goals. They explained that their company is careful in choosing the projects that they take on, making decisions based on the potential impact of the proposed idea. We were impressed with this approach and ultimately decided to partner with them.

We started working in January 2018, and the partnership is ongoing.

The website added value to our company, providing comprehensive information for our customers. Additionally, it’s received positive feedback from users for its updated performance.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their services are high-quality. We throw a lot of work their way and expect quick answers, but they’re consistently helpful, receptive, and responsive. Occasionally, we’ll run into delays because our side isn’t responding fast enough. Their team works directly with us, closely collaborating to assure that they understand our needs.

I most appreciate their creativity and attentiveness.

We’re both very busy companies, so we understand that there will inevitably be challenges. I do think they could improve their project management process by using better tools. I’ve offered them a few suggestions, and they’ve implemented some. Other than that, they’re doing a great job.

Clients should match LLT Group’s level of service. Respond in a reasonable timeframe, give appropriate directions, and communicate effectively. With both parties actively participating, it will be much easier to achieve goals.

Branding & Digital Marketing for SMB Retail Platform

"They understand our vision and what it means to us to have it realized."

2017 - Ongoing

LLT Group coordinated branding and marketing to boost engagement for an e-commerce site. They crafted a logo and brand standards to align with market research, and they provide ongoing social media strategy.

Worchester, Massachusetts
Co-founder, Street2Ivy

The renewed visual elements and enhanced online presence yielded positive reviews from vendors and customers alike. The website appears more legitimate and professional, leading to stronger engagement. LLT Group is enthusiastic and goal-driven, evidenced by their organization and thoughtfulness.

I am a co-founder and the COO of Street2Ivy. We offer a platform that allows small and medium-sized businesses to engage in a diverse e-marketplace.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

We wanted to clearly depict our branding and our messaging to increase the awareness of our platform.

LLT Group conducted market research to determine the persona of our customer base and structure our website in a way that appealed to that population. They established branding and design standards for our company, including developing a new logo, new content, and a vibrant color palette. The last upgrades to our website included boosts in functionality, improved member services, and enhanced vendor profiles. We retain LLT Group’s services to provide ongoing guidance for short- and long-term strategies for how to best engage on social media platforms.

We have a team specifically assigned to us, but I work directly with a project manager and the director of sales.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

During the selection process, LLT Group was engaging and transparent. They were passionate about our idea and assisting us.

We began working together in 2017 and have ongoing projects.

We’ve received an outpouring of positivity regarding the visual aesthetics of our branding and our online presence. We consider it successful because of the interaction we’re having with vendors that want to get involved and members that are interactive. What started as an idea on a sheet of paper has become a reality for me and my business partner.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They are truly full-service and willing to help at every juncture. They understand our vision and what it means to us to have it realized.

We’ve worked with several different marketing and branding agencies, and in some cases, we didn’t completely understand what we were receiving other than the logo and materials. LLT Group has been thorough, however, in offering tangible deliverables and a plan of action that would accomplish our goals.

We’ve run into some complexities inherent in the project, but nothing that ever compromised our progress.

Especially for small businesses or entrepreneurs, it’s important to know what your vision is. And in order to accomplish your goals, you have to be open to having your ideas challenged.

Inventory Management System for R&D/ Manufacturer

"Within the first full year of deployment, we anticipate to recoup our return on investment."

June 2017 - Mar. 2018

Using a WordPress platform, LLT Group developed and launched an inventory tracking system for non-dollar value parts across multiple locations.

Manager, Research & Development Company

The team was responsive, attentive, and worked easily with teams and managers. The developed site is predicted to make more money than was spent on it.

We are a leading international supplier and technology licensor for petroleum refining, gas processing, petrochemical production and major manufacturing.  I work in the Crafts and Service group where we provide maintenance and support for all the operations in manufacturing and research.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

We have non-dollar value parts, that is - parts left over from previous projects and work orders, which reside across multiple locations and buildings. We would routinely buy more of the same parts because we didn’t know what we had on site. We needed someone to develop a customer-focused, material master database so that we could track and inventory all our parts and pieces.

We met at their headquarters and brainstormed for about an hour before agreeing on an approach. We told them the look and feel that we wanted, they drafted a proposal, sent it over to me, we made a few adjustments, and then they proceeded to develop the site using WordPress as the platform.

Users can search for parts using filters like size, dimension, or metallurgy. We also have pictures of all the parts so that users can see what they look like. When a user places an order in our system they automatically receive an email notification confirming their order, and then automatic notifications after that tracking their order status from being pulled off the shelf through delivery. The system enables us to set minimum and maximum quantities and run reports so that we know when we’re low on parts.

We met with one of the founders at our location to discuss the overall need.  When we had a good handle on whether LLT could develop what we were looking for I and several other team members met LLT at their headquarters for a follow-up meeting. There we met with the agency principal, a web designer, a programmer, and a few other team members.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

We knew we had an issue to solve, we just weren’t sure how to go about it.  There are many stock material management systems one can purchase off the shelf yet, they did not have the look and feel that we wanted.  We wanted a customer friendly database that allowed one to easily search and filter products, provide status updates throughout the process, as well as provide pictures of each product in the inventory. I knew there was something out there because so many other sites have similar functionality to what we were looking for such as a checkout or shopping cart option.  Initially, we identified and began working with another company and soon came to realize that in the end we wouldn’t have what we desired. After that, I began doing more research online and found E-Commerce based systems, which seemed to align with our needs. We didn’t want a stock management system, we wanted something that was customizable.

Using Web Designers as a keyword while searching for vendors, LLT’s name came up several times. As I read about them, I decided to give them a call, and after the call, I knew they were the right fit for us.

We began working together in June 2017, Phase 1 launched in March 2018, and we’re moving into Phase 2 to make refinements based on beta testing.

Through the beta test we have recouped 50% of our return on investment. Within the first full year of deployment, we anticipate to recoup our return on investment.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive, and have continued to be as we move into Phase 2. They delivered on all of the Phase 1 timelines. They would send the results to us, we would evaluate, send feedback, or approve it, and then we would move on. We worked together and I’m very pleased with what we developed.

I worked closely with Rahul (Agency Principal, LLT Group), and was impressed with his attention to detail. The entire team was attentive and responsive, but he was very involved in the project, always on top of everything, would give us advice or follow up with us, and made us feel like an important customer.

I don’t have a programming background, so it might have been helpful to take more time upfront laying out all options and suggestions, even if they were out of scope suggestions. I was pleased with our Phase 1 launch yet, we may have reaped the benefits of a few more brainstorming sessions, or back-and-forth, at the start of the project as doing so may have identified some of the Phase 2 wishes upfront. I don’t know if LLT has worked on a project like ours before, so that may not be realistic, but that is just another path forward.

It would have helped our project if we had spent more time brainstorming with them at the beginning, so I would suggest that to anyone. Spend time upfront writing down as many ideas as you can, and get as many eyes on it as you can. That way, you’ll have ideas from developers, programmers, designers, and graphic designers; there will be a lot of different ideas to work with which helps you in the long run.

The pricing has worked out beautifully for us.
    I've already recommended them to several people.

Web Dev, UX & Branding for Medical Company

“We have an iterative process and we enjoy our collaboration. They’re creative, responsive, and service-oriented.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

LTT Group updated the logos and web presence of two partner medical companies. They are modernizing visual assets within existing parameters and are preparing for new site launches.

San Francisco Bay Area, California
VP Business Development, Medical Company

The logos and new branding are well received by executives. LTT Group delivers on every request and is open to feedback. They move quickly and are good communicators.

We have two companies: a research and development lab that focuses on science innovation and company building, and a portfolio therapeutics company that converts injectable drugs into pill form. I am the vice president of business development.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

We are getting a lot of attention from big pharmaceutical companies because of our therapeutics company. We needed to create a more professional presence and websites that reflected our growth. Our lab has been around since 1995 and its site was not reflective of the comprehensive story we needed to tell. We needed a team to modernize our look and provide better content for potential investors, partners, and employees.

They’re developing both websites from scratch and have created logos for both companies. They also modified the lab logo for use in a new venture arm. Since we have a market presence already, the logos aren’t a major departure from our original branding. They are more modern and fresh, but remain within preexisting parameters.

We worked directly with the CEO during the onboarding process. We now work with a coordinator who manages the relationship and pulls in designers as needed. I speak with a few of those designers, but most of our communication goes through a central point of contact. They have a lot of people on the backend I don’t interact with directly.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

I found them in an online search for creative agencies. I liked a site they did for one of their clients and spoke with their CEO. I was impressed by his passion and his interest in our business. They came and met with us and we felt their approach and operations would be a good cultural fit with our company.

We started working together in April 2018 and the project is ongoing. We plan to work with them until our launch in the fall (2018).

They’ve done a great job and have delivered on everything we’ve asked for. They are open to feedback, are good at communication, and they stay on top of things and move quickly. The logos are a positive change and they’ve done well with the websites.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

We have an iterative process and we enjoy our collaboration. Most of our communication is by email but we speak on the phone occasionally.

They’re creative, responsive, and service-oriented.

Not really. I would like to speak with them more on the phone but they do a good job through email. All our calls are very helpful.

Have a vision for what you want and what you hope to accomplish. If you have a dedicated internal person who can give guidance and direction and stay engaged with the project, you will have better outcomes.

E-commerce Redesign & Dev for Storage Manufacturer

“They bring a lot of great ideas to the table … We've had a very good experience.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Replacing an outdated site, LLT Group designed and developed a customized website, converted it to an e-commerce site, and are currently working on building a second e-commerce site based on a theme.

Director, Manufacturer

After the launch, the e-commerce website has been seeing a consistent increase in traffic. Knowledgeable about the consumer market, LLT Group went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their willingness to make themselves available when needed earned them trust.

I'm the director of business development for a sheet metal fabricator.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

Our website was very antiquated and not well designed, so we wanted to build a new site. We were looking for a company to help us.

They designed and developed a new website from scratch. It wasn't an e-commerce site at first, but we turned it into an e-commerce platform after it went live. LLT Group also developed our second e-commerce website, which is not out in the marketplace yet. We're handling SEO for the first website, but LLT Group will be managing SEM and PPC for our second site. While the first site is custom-designed, the second site is based on a theme.

I work directly with a project manager and a couple of developers.

How did you come to work with them?

The relationship started before I joined the company. Our director of marketing and our president wanted to find a firm that was knowledgeable about how millennials use the Internet. Millennials are getting into the workplace and bringing their buying habits into the business world. We were looking for somebody who was in tune with that, and LLT Group had the expertise we needed.

We started working with them in 2016 and launched the website in August 2017. The e-commerce site launched in December 2017. We're currently working with them on our second site.

Our e-commerce website has been generating considerably more traffic than we had in the past. LLT Group got us to the point when we could start doing SEO ourselves and get on the first page of Google searches. Our second website is now very close to the launch.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and great communicators. We had regular meetings (we're located not far from each other), and they always had answers to our questions.

They bring a lot of great ideas to the table and make themselves available when we need them. Also, they did a nice job on the design of the current site.

No, they did a great job. There are some advantages to developing a website on a template because some things are easier to plug in. On the other hand, our customized site has a unique look.

Make sure you have a clear timeline and clear expectations. Also, be prepared to give them the information they need when they need it.

Overall Score We've had a very good experience.

Web Dev & Branding for Event Planning Company

“[T]hey can take our loose ideas and turn it into exactly what we’re looking for.”

2013 - Ongoing

LLT Group provides web development and merchandise design services for an events company, working on their mobile responsive WordPress sites and developing branding for the events.

Co-founder, Sour Fish Events

Their website development reflected their high level of design skills, with effective landing pages incorporating bright graphics and an intuitive layout of information. They communicate well and are able to understand what is required of them perfectly at all times.

I’m one of the co-founders of Sour Fish Events. We’re an event planning company, creating events from concept to execution and primarily focused on 5k trail races.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

We wanted to have updated, professional looking websites that were mobile responsive. We have a separate website for each of our two events. Our goal was that they be visually stunning, easy to navigate, and able to convey the right amount of information.

They made the WordPress sites for us so we can easily edit the minor differences. Having that was huge because we had the shell of the website that was ready to execute, then we edited the details. Once they’re finished building, our team tests it to make sure all the links, file uploads, and multimedia uploads work.

Our website is very graphic rich with very bright colors. The important information is at the top and as you scroll down, there’s information that’s more detailed. They understood how important that is to make sure that when people are landing on the page, they’re getting that useful information right off the bat.

We’ve had them do other projects for us as well, such as a lot of the merchandising designs. They’re an ongoing partner. A few times a year, we work on the merchandise items together.

I’ve been able to email Rahul (Agency Principal, LLT Group) directly and he hears the top line of the project. He then assigns us a team or one person depending on the scope. With the website development, we worked with several different people, but each time it was outlined in the project scope who we’d be working with.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

We did a quick Google search and found they were one of the higher rated web development companies. We talked with around 10 companies. After talking with Rahul a couple of times, we realized they were the best fit for us. They were a good find.

We started working together in 2013 and the work is ongoing.

They’ve always been able to take our design ideas, and nine times out of 10, they hit it out of the park on the first try. There have been a couple times we get something back that isn’t exactly what we were looking for, but they take our revision and make all the necessary edits. They come back and typically, with the second design, they’re more in line with what we want.

We hear feedback on our t-shirts and medal designs all the time, and it’s overwhelmingly positive. We know our consumer and what they want, so we relay that to LLT Group.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s easy for me to communicate with them. I’ve never felt like I was repeating information that I’ve given another person. It’s very helpful when everyone is on the same page and you don’t have to regurgitate information that you’ve already given. We use email and phone calls and have had face to face meetings. They’re super responsive. I’ll send an email and usually get a response usually the same day. They’re very professional and easy to talk to.

Whether it be the website or merchandise, they can take our loose ideas and turn it into exactly what we’re looking for. They take our vision and make it happen.

I don't have any areas for improvement in mind; we're happy with them.

They’re really good at what they do but it comes with a price tag. Make sure you’re not wasting your money by having them work on something and then totally changing it. Make sure you want to fully proceed and not change direction too many times.

WordPress Dev & Design for Wholesale Distributor

“They’re really genuine and they have a great passion for the business.”

LLT Group is designing and developing a WordPress site, managing social media, and will soon be doing SEO. They’re using industry research and company questionnaires to internalize the site’s purpose.

VP Corporate Ops, Wholesale Distributor

Reviews of website drafts are positive. LLT Group is respectful of deadlines and communicates expectations and responsibilities clearly. They have a talented, young team that is passionate and motivated about their work. They foster a collaborative environment and are responsive to questions.

I’m a vice president at a wholesale distributor of exterior building products.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

Our website was about ten years old, so we needed an entirely new one.

The first thing they’re doing is designing and developing a WordPress website. It’s going to be an informational site and they’re doing everything from scratch. They’ve spent a lot of time conducting surveys and questionnaires and setting up meetings and dialogues with our team to understand who we are and what our website needs.

In the beginning, they asked for a list of our top 100 accounts and their corresponding websites so they could understand who our customers are. They want to understand the technology people are using, and how advanced or un-advanced the industry is, to better identify what we need on our site. There have been three iterations of the home page so far and we’re about 80% there. The site should launch at the end of May or early June 2018.

Second, they’re giving a new face to our online presence. We don’t want to look like we’re from the 1990’s, so they’re going to make it more vibrant with some social media management. Finally, they’re going to start doing a little SEO once we get a little closer to the finished product. We need the help because we have a lack of that focus for our current website.

We have a dedicated project manager, and we’re working with a design lead who has an internal team she uses.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

I got to them by word of mouth actually. Someone else who works here had used them a long time ago, so I reached out to them. I was researching at least six or eight other agencies too at that point.

We started working together in January 2018, and we envision it being about a five-month process.

I sent the first draft of our home page to two of our main manufacturers and the feedback from them was an instantaneous homerun. They were amazed at how well they had done with what was just drafted. I’ve also been talking to a diverse panel of people in our industry that I’ve put together, and they are all onboard with what I’ve told them so far. So those two parameters have been making me feel really good about the product.

I can’t speak too much on the quality of their service or the ROI yet, but the people I've interacted with and the dialogue that we've had are all very positive. It has all kept me energized. I've never once second-guessed hiring them. We definitely found the right people at the right time and I'm very happy with our partnership.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is clear and expectations are well set out. There is also a timeline with written responsibilities on it. We’ve both been highly responsive to questions if anything's needed.

If there's a deadline, such as if they say they will do something on Friday, then they have it ready on Friday or before work opens on Monday. We’re about a month behind schedule, but it isn't because people are missing deadlines. It's just because so much dialogue goes on between us.

We’ve also been utilizing WebEx and sharing screens to show ideas back and forth; we're trying to animate our logo.

They’re really genuine and they have a great passion for the business. They’re taking great, youthful talent in the tech field and putting them in a good environment. They’re also motivating individuals who are still up-and-coming. When you walk in there, you feel real energy with their team.

The CEO also isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. If we’re discussing something, he’ll take the time to fix things on the spot.

A little into the project, there was a bit of out-of-scope work that we wish we would have vetted out during the initial process, but I can't blame them for that because we didn't see it either.

Web UX/UI & Advertising Materials for Packaging Manufacturer

“They have a lot of creative and talented people that can breathe life into concepts.”

2015 - 2018

LLT Group redesigned a website with an updated branding strategy. They also modernized a pitch deck to match the site overhaul. Digital design work and print ads were delivered to supplement a marketing effort.

Batavia, Illinois
VP of Sales & Marketing, DS Containers

LLT Group created an intuitive UI/UX design that presents necessary information without overwhelming customers. The marketing materials are effective and the pitch deck highlights company strengths. A multidisciplinary team works collaboratively to provide innovative solutions.

I’m the VP of sales and marketing for DS Containers. We manufacture steel cans for consumer products.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

As our company started to grow, we realized that our in-house designed website wasn't efficiently conveying our message or branding. As a result, we engaged LLT Group to redesign our website.

Once the project began, we communicated our goals for the redesign. As a company, we’re focused on manufacturing excellence and customer service. We needed a consistent branding strategy that accurately expresses that message across the platform. We also wanted users to easily navigate the site and get the information they need within a few clicks. LLT Group implemented a UI/UX design that accomplishes those objectives, while also emphasizing both the history of our product line and the innovations we continue to develop.

The completion of that project led us to seek out further services from LLT Group. Their agency principal gave an excellent presentation on the digital design services they offer. We’ve since taken advantage of their creative design expertise to develop new content for industry directories and print advertisements.

Another large project they were involved in was the modernization of our pitch deck. We had created a now outdated PowerPoint presentation to use in front of new clients. LLT Group integrated the new branding and content, so everything is consistent with the refreshed site. They incorporated animations to present our company in a more dynamic and positive light. We frequently collaborated and sent revisions back and forth throughout each project.

They assign a team leader for each project to act as our primary point of contact. We communicate with multiple people during meetings, but I can’t speak to the total number of individuals working on each project.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

I wasn’t involved in the hiring process, but I believe our former marketing manager contacted them several years ago.

These projects took place from 2015–2018.

We didn’t have specific metrics to compare their work against. I mostly seek internal input to determine a project’s success. We share and discuss the created content through a peer review process of sorts. LLT Group’s work has been met with great enthusiasm. We’re pleased with the results.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re easy to work with and are extremely organized. We’ve met in-person and used conference calls to discuss multiple projects. Their team possesses various skillsets and that facilitates meaningful discussion. Our ideas are often vague, but they’ve done a great job of capturing what we mean and moving projects forward.

The most important aspect of any engagement is the quality of the final product. The ads, website, and pitch deck are great. Working with a skilled and communicative team has made each project more enjoyable. They’re responsive, prompt, and professional.

No. Nothing comes to mind.

We don’t have a lot of internal resources for digital design, so we often gave LLT Group primitive concepts to work from. They have a lot of creative and talented people that can breathe life into concepts. I’d recommend them to companies seeking that kind of partnership.

They’ve never struggled to hit deadlines.

Branding & Ecommerce Redesign for Fire Equipment Manufacturer

“With their insight, we considered them more a trusted partner than a vendor.”

Oct. 2016 - Dec. 2017

LLT Group augmented a brand revamp, which involved updating a logo, redesigning the site UI, and improving its e-commerce capabilities. They also designed printed materials to support marketing.

Marketing Manager, Fire Equipment Manufacturer

The new site and refined WooCommerce functionalities generated notable traffic with an increasing number of online orders. LLT Group communicated well, responded quickly to concerns, and produced a unique logo in accordance with the required design specs.

I’m the marketing manager for a company that manufactures flow-testing equipment for fire protection systems. We specialize in fire hydrants and fire pumps.

What challenge were you trying to address with LLT Group?

For years, people recognized us by our product name rather than our company name. We decided to change the company name to the product name so that people could better identify us, which required a logo and brand redesign.

Additionally, we’ve had our previous site for five years, so it looked dated, lacking adequate e-commerce capabilities and mobile optimization. We wanted to update our site design to reflect the new logo while also improving user functionalities.

For the most part, LLT Group developed the overall brand design, which became the focal point for our new marketing efforts. They pioneered our branding campaign by updating our logo and color schemes to reflect the new company. They then redesigned our site’s UI to match the new logo and enhanced its e-commerce functionalities using WooCommerce. To support our marketing campaign, they also developed and implemented a print marketing strategy.

We worked with multiple project managers who oversaw various aspects of the project. One project manager coordinated the site design while another worked to develop our other marketing collateral. We currently work with a few other team members to maintain the site.

How did you come to work with LLT Group?

We found them online and contacted them. After a bidding and interview process with other companies, we chose them.

We prefer to keep the project costs confidential.

Work lasted from October 2016–December 2017. They completed the site within the first few months before proceeding to build our marketing materials.

We use Google Analytics to measure our site performance and track month-over-month development. While we noticed some resistance from our longtime users, we’ve seen noticeable growth in traffic and an increase in digital orders. We’ve also recently implemented new metrics to judge our print advertising, so we currently don’t have any feedback on that yet.

In terms of internal feedback, they met our logo design expectations. We wanted an original design that differed from the templates that other small companies used, and they produced strong deliverables.

How did LLT Group perform from a project management standpoint?

When we launched our projects, we would usually visit them onsite and then communicate through email and phone as the engagement developed. They usually responded promptly to our inquiries.

We appreciated their dedication to our project. They didn’t just view us as another client; rather, they worked to understand our business and proactively sought different business avenues where they could provide support. With their insight, we considered them more a trusted partner than a vendor.

Nothing particularly comes to mind. Of course, a faster response rate may facilitate communication, but they’re a small firm. As they bring on more clients, their personnel grows, so they’re always improving.

Customers must have a clear understanding of their current business state, their goals, and their internal limitations. One can’t go into a branding overhaul and expect corporate level design without the financial investment. Having clear, realistic expectations of what one wants to do and what is possible help to facilitate a smooth engagement.