your in-house / off-site design team.

A full service design agency located in Toronto, Limn builds brand experiences and supports partners in their creative, print, web, and campaign management. We create meaningful partnerships, cultivating an environment of lucid and consistent communication between designer and business, ensuring that the brand or website we create remains visually cohesive as it develops, grows and shifts. You can think of us as an extension of your marketing team, or your in-house, off-site design team.

Toronto, Canada
  • 225 Delaware Avenue
    Buffalo, NY 14202

Canadian Red Cross, NEXT Plumbing & Hydronics, Code 4 Canada, Pakistan International Airlines, Rachel's Mediterranean Grill, Verifyed.com, Bullybeds.com, Supportfruit.com, Pivot Reading Series, eDoctrina Corporation, Toronto Popcorn Company

Web Redesign for Educational Software Company

"Due to the user-friendly design, more users understand our products than ever before."

Mar. - June 2018

Limn Design rebuilt an educational software company’s website from scratch. The team created sample design frameworks before moving to build the site on WordPress. The platform is now live.

Robert Merii
CFO, eDoctrina Corporation

The WordPress site crafted by Limn Design has benefitted business. The look & feel has been a hit with users. Their insightful nature and approach supplemented their professional management style. Customers can expect a talented team of design experts.

I’m the CFO of an educational software company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Limn Design?

We hired Limn Design to complete an overhaul of our company website.

We wanted the site to have a more modern look and feel. It needed to lay out what we do as a company concisely. The website also needed to be simple, so users could easily contact us.

A colleague of mine referred Limn Design to me. They spoke highly of Limn Design’s work.

Limn Design rebuilt the site from scratch, using WordPress. I worked directly with a project manager to articulate what features and design elements I wanted. Over the course of two weeks, the samples were all set. Their team then began building the functionality of the site and implementing content. I was in charge of the material but received suggestions from the project manager on how to make it mobile and user-friendly.

I worked with a project manager and my in-house IT team.

Limn Design thought of things I hadn’t considered. The website is exceptionally well-done. Due to the user-friendly design, more users understand our products than ever before.

The workflow between our teams was seamless. Having a single point of contact was the key to our success. Our assigned project manager was responsive and turned ideas into reality quickly.

Limn Design was insightful, offering suggestions that improved many areas of the project. From content feedback, design improvements, to the overall look and feel, their team is full of knowledgeable developers.

I believe the timeline expectancy could’ve been forecasted better. The project took longer than planned, but this was due to collaboration back and forth on how to improve things we didn’t consider previously.

Overall Score Limn Design is a great company.
    The timeline could've been improved.
    I received more than promised.
    The quality is first-rate.
    I will use them again, and would refer them to colleagues.

Ongoing Brand Management for Restaurant Chain

"They're genuinely interested and invested in our success."

June 2012 - Ongoing

Limn Design creates branding materials like menus, employee handbooks, and web content. They have also direct interior design and construction projects.

Jahad Khoury
COO, Rachel’s Mediterranean Grill

The branding created by Limn Design has positioned the company to open five new locations and dramatically increase sales. The team is efficient, attentive, and friendly. Their proactive, accommodating approach makes every project run smoothly.

I'm the co-founder and COO of Rachel’s Mediterranean Grill, a chain of fast-casual Mediterranean restaurants emphasizing natural ingredients, simple menu, and user experience.

For what projects/services did your company hire Limn Design?

Limn Design is our agency of record. They handle everything relating to our brand, both online and offline.

Our goal was to find one agency that could grow with us and manage our evolution. We’ve been lucky to work with Limn Design for seven years.

We wanted an agency that understood our industry, our values, and our vision. We weighed our options and ultimately felt most comfortable with Limn Design, mainly because we had a pleasant experience with the owner.

It’s tough to call this a project, because it’s so much more. It's an ongoing partnership with many moving parts, including brand identity management, reputation management, design management, web management, print management, and everything in between. They've created our brand identity and guidelines, takeout menus, menu boards, website, and employee handbooks. They also design our interiors and manage our construction.

Initially, we worked with their creative director. Even though they’ve grown substantially, we still work with him on a regular basis.

At the time of our rebrand, we only had one location. Seven years later, we’ve grown to six locations, outgrown two of them, and seen our sales increase exponentially each year. We credit their rebrand with that success.

Their workflow is simple. They use software that keeps us in the loop and manages our ongoing projects efficiently.

The most impressive thing about Limn Design is their attention to detail. They're genuinely interested and invested in our success. One of the best things about working with them is that they've treated us the same from start to finish.

I can't point to anything particular.

Shopify Dev & Branding for Sustainable Product Supplier

“As a team, their responsiveness and ability to find solutions is valuable to us.”

Oct. 2017–Ongoing

Limn Design migrated an e-commerce site to a Shopify platform. They also implemented a new branding strategy.

Jennie Nigrosh
CEO, The Green Garmento LLC

The new site and overall appearance has contributed to a substantial leap in revenue. Users have given positive feedback on the site’s usability. As a team, Limn Design has been available and receptive to feedback, making for a smooth partnership.

I’m the CEO of The Green Garmento, a creator of reusable dry cleaning bags. We work with large corporations to lower their global carbon footprint with a myriad of sustainable products. We also offer various home solutions for consumers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Limn Design?

Our Magento platform was outdated. We needed a team to help design a Shopify site to make our platform more customer-centric.

We wanted a site that would convey our story and increase consumer and wholesale revenues.

A teammate at Limn Design sent us an email and I was impressed enough to set up a call with them.

The Limn Design team developed a new website for us using Shopify. They also updated our branding.

Our lead developer was Danny (Creative Director, Limn Design). Now, we primarily work with Jonathan Jamil (Brand Director, Limn Design).

Our store’s revenue has risen, and our bounce rate has decreased. We’ve also seen online wholesale engagement increase, which our website’s easy-to-use interface contributed to.

The workflow has been incredibly effective and uncomplicated. They always answer our questions thoroughly.

Since our agreement is ongoing, it would be beneficial to us if we scheduled a monthly check-in over email.

Overall Score They're a great team and did great work.
    They're responsive and ready when we need them to be.
    So far, we think they're incredibly well-priced.
    They've done great work.
    I've already referred them to colleagues.

Branding, Print Design & Web Dev for Marketing Service

“Limn Design never cut corners and paid careful attention to detail.”

2016 - Ongoing

Limn Design provides a comprehensive range of print and graphic design services. They formulated the entire layout of a website including a dashboard and produced branded assets from logos to business cards.

George Chebat
CEO, Verifyed, Inc.

Limn Design facilitated the successful launch of a startup by producing integral branding and design assets. Their honesty, responsivity, and ability to maintain an open dialogue were key to a smooth collaboration. Along with high caliber deliverables, the team offered innovative and useful insight.

I am the CEO of Verifyed, Inc. We are a full-service and self-service micro influencer marketing firm.  Our dashboard allows brands to create campaigns where multiple micro influencers post about their product or service either live or at a scheduled time.

For what projects/services did your company hire Limn Design?

Limn Design created the design for my website, including the logo and dashboard. They influenced the look and feel of every aspect of our digital platform.

We needed to create a user-friendly experience for brands to build a campaign and for influencers to accept, post and get paid.

Another vendor referred me to Limn Design.

Limn Design completed the layout and appearance of my website. Based on the high caliber work they produced, I hired them for all my future needs. They work closely with my backend developers to design user-friendly dashboards and platforms for multiple companies.  Tasks they’ve completed include designing digital graphics like logos, websites, and dashboards. They’ve also produced print assets like business cards.

I've only interacted with one designer, the team leader Danny (Creative Director, Limn Design). He manages all of my projects.

The main project we've assigned to Limn Design was for a start-up company. We've just recently completed the technical side of the project. The website they produced is live and lets users sign up as a brand, an influencer, or both. The team completed the design and all the functional aspects we requested.

The workflow between my in-house staff and Limn Design’s team was seamless. Their productive communication was a key factor to success. Limn Design stayed continuously transparent throughout the entire project. They promptly alerted us of issues that arose and offered useful suggestions on how to solve them.

I especially admired Limn Design’s keen knowledge of frontend and backend development. Their thorough understanding and experience helped them predict future issues. This foresight meant they could provide informed suggestions on how to avoid pitfalls.

Limn Design never cut corners and paid careful attention to detail. I appreciated that they understood the importance of deadlines and communication.

Some projects took a bit longer than we expected, but the results were always above our expectations.

Overall Score Just because nobody is perfect.
    It took a bit longer than we thought to get started, but it was worth the wait.
    They're not the cheapest agency, but the quality of their service was worth the price.
    They always exceeded expectations and made creative suggestions we’d never thought of.
    I've already referred Limn Design to other businesses.

Branding, Web Design & Dev for Customer Service Provider

"There’s an endless list of good things I would love to say about their passionate team."

After a discovery phase, Limn Design developed the front- and backend of a website. They now help with any additional content or color edits, create flyers, design apparel, and curate our social media.

CEO, SupportFruit

The website Limn Design created has stunning aesthetics and has increased user signups. Their team ability to fully understand the business's vision and improve upon it is exceptional. They always deliver high-quality work and respond immediately to requests.

I’m the founder and CEO of supportfruit.com, outsourced customer service and reputation management company. We offer businesses the ability to outsource their customer service. We offer email, live chat, and social media customer service. I manage the day-to-day operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Limn Design?

I wanted to develop a website that looked professional and could compete with larger brands. I wanted visitors to be able to trust our company just by looking at our website.

Limn Design first conducted a discovery phase to understand my vision for the site. Then, their team developed the front- and backend of our website from scratch. They created a signup page, contact page, and our interfaces. They currently help us with any content or color edits we need on the site, create new designs and flyers, design our apparel and stationery, and curate our social media posts.

I work with their brand manager that coordinates my requests to his design team.

How did you come to work with Limn Design?

I'm originally from Toronto and wanted to work with a local design firm. When I got on the phone with them, Limn Design fully understood everything I wanted. It felt like a puzzle coming together, and I knew I wanted to hire them.

We invested $10,000–$49,999 thus far.

We started in January 2018 and the work is ongoing.

The website they created is one of the most gorgeous websites I've ever seen. They just blew past my expectations in terms of aesthetics. We get signups every single day and customers trust our professional look and feel.

How did Limn Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is top notch. They send me updates on what is done and still in the queue every single week. They send recommendations and integrate themselves into our company’s requirements. They make sure that my brand is the best that it can be and suggest ideas that even I don’t think of. They responsive almost immediately, and their designers pump out what we need in an hour or less. They delivered our whole website within 3-and-a-half weeks.

There’s an endless list of good things I would love to say about their passionate team. They efficiently deliver high-quality work and always understand what we need. They want us to succeed and love what they do.

Trust in their team. Just have faith, and they’ll take care of you.

Overall Score I can’t picture myself working with any other design firm.
    They deliver everything before our deadlines.
    I would give them a six if I could.

Product Design & Web Dev for Pillow Manufacturer

“They look out for our business in ways that go above and beyond my experiences with previous designers.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

Limn Design updated a manufacturing website to simplify design, highlight products, and provide more clarity about product features. They also created a new logo and updated packaging and product inserts.

Mississauga, Canada
Abdula Ibrahim
Owner, EcoComfort Collection

Their team is creative, energetic, and works hard to make products stand out in the marketplace. Product designs are consistently compliant with retailer standards and rebranding has led to improved sales.

I’m the owner of EcoComfort Collection. We’re a family-owned organic pillow manufacturer that produces and sells locally in Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Limn Design?

I needed someone to help me with branding and web design. I tried doing it myself and while the concepts were good, the designs needed work.

My original website was primarily informational with an e-commerce component. Limn Design rebranded the site to make it more reflective of our eco-friendly values. They created a new logo and changed the layout to make everything simpler and more eye-catching. They also added a blog component to the site that highlights our trademarked products and provides more detail about how everything is made.

In terms of other branding materials, they helped redesign our packaging and product insert cards to emphasize the organic nature and construction of our unique products. We’re still working with them to innovate those items and launch new ones while keeping our brand fresh.

I worked directly with their creative director.

How did you come to work with Limn Design?

Our social media manager recommended them. I checked out some of their previous projects and was really impressed. They had a strong track record and a work ethic that matched mine, so I hired them to redo my website and have continued to use them for new projects.

I hired them in July 2017 and we’re still working together.

The rebranding had a positive impact on our sales. Previously, we’d get product reorders every two or three months, but now that our product inserts convey better information to customers, that reorder time has dropped to every month or two. It’s really put us ahead of our competition.

How did Limn Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We used an online project management system, but I also kept in touch by email and phone. Everything’s always completed on time, or even ahead of schedule. They’re also really great about making sure designs are compliant with all of our retailers’ rules and rarely have to make additional edits after the review process.

They look out for our business in ways that go above and beyond my experiences with previous designers. At one point, they even went to a major retailer to see how our product looked in stores compared to competitors.

When it comes to hiring a designer, you want to look for someone who has the same kind of energy as yourself because it means they’ll see what you see when you explain your product. Once you start working with them, be descriptive about your business and what you offer. There’s always some hesitance to disclose those details, as a business owner, but their team is very trustworthy and will be able to do better work if you share as much as possible.

They always finish on time or ahead of schedule.
    I’ve already recommended them to a friend.

E-Commerce Design & Management for Dog Bed Manufacturer

"Limn Design reliably delivers quality work and pays attention to detail."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Limn Design designed an e-commerce site for a dog bed manufacturer. They now provide support services.

Florida
Joe Chanda
Owner, Bully Beds

The services have met all requirements. Limn Design produces quality work with consistency and timeliness. The team has made collaboration seamless.

I’m the owner of Bully Beds. We sell extra-large dog beds online.

For what projects/services did your company hire Limn Design?

We engaged Limn Design to design and manage our e-commerce website.

We wanted high-quality and timely work.

We’ve used their services for years.

They designed our site and now provide web management services.

We work with a variety of team members.

Limn Design has met all the requirements in our partnership and handles every service effectively.

The collaboration has run smoothly so far.

Limn Design reliably delivers quality work and pays attention to detail.

I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score We’re very pleased with all of their work.
    They make collaboration simple and painless.
    They charge reasonable rates for their services.
    Limn Design has done excellent work so far.
    I’m very likely to recommend them.