Product Innovation / UX, Design & Development

A digital product innovation studio in London. We combine expertise in UX, UI design and web/mobile development to help you conceive, build and steer digital products.

2008

• House of Commons
  • Euromoney
  • Imperial College London

Dots by Action for Children - A new web platform for a UK charity

A parenting advice platform created by Action for Children aiming to give good advice for parents with young familes. We got invovled to help test, validate and prototype the idea as well as proceed forward into design and build

• Strategy, validation and user research
  • Full UX and design
  • Front-end templating
  • Wordpress setup and customisation
  • Continued support and
feature development

Drinkaware - Various UX, design & development projects

Coming on board intially to work on a revamp of the UK charity's 'Little Less' tool we progressed to work across many of the organisation's digital projects as their preferred UX and design agency.

• UX and design
  • Front-end templating
  • React + Redux development
  • Third party API integration

Dealogic - Web Design & Development for a Global Financial Company

A global organisation providing financial data and software we came on board to completely redesign and redevelop Dealogic's corporate website.

• Full design and UX
  • Front and back-end development
  • Wordpress install and customisation
  • Intergration of third part APIs
  • Continued support and
maintenance

Connect - Product design and development for an innovative research company

A bespoke tool created to completely digitise the workflow of a market research company working with large names like the BBC, Google and eBay. We took a system that relied on emails, Office docs and post it notes and created a application that allowed the admin team, research repondents and their clients to view, add and interact with a wealth of content and data in one central place.

• Workshopping and
wireframing the potential solution
  • Creation of modular UI kit
  • Full front and back-end development
  • "We use it for almost every project. There’s been a lot of client engagement, which has worked really well for us. We’re working on adding more features to improve it and progress the product." Damon De...

SceneIt - Startup product design and development

We helped the founders of this ambitious travel startup test and validate their idea before designing and building the system from the ground up.

• Prototyping and detailed product scoping
    • Full UX and UI design
    • Bespoke platform development
    • Post-launch steering and iterative improvement

Website Development for Automated Tech Recruiter

“Lighthouse London’s sophisticated web designs added credibility to our growing brand.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Lighthouse London developed the front- and backend of a corporate website. The platform features two unique user paths and a UI/UX-optimized design.

London, UK
    Dave Cervi
    CEO & Co-Founder, Autocruit

Lighthouse London delivered a polished website that successfully established the young brand as a revolutionary business competitor. Membership numbers have notably increased since its launch. Their team worked swiftly to transform the abstract vision into a stunning and functional platform.

I am the co-founder and CEO of Autocruit, the first automated recruitment platform that allows tech companies to connect with qualified candidates.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lighthouse London?

We wanted our website to reflect our tech roots, but we didn’t have the necessary resources to develop the platform without outsourcing.

Lighthouse London was tasked with building the front- and backend of our corporate website. After designing a few wireframe models, they moved on to develop the full platform using InVision. The final product featured two user paths and a UX-optimized interface.

Our initial meetings were held with one of their founders, but our day-to-day interactions were mostly with their two lead designers.

How did you come to work with Lighthouse London?

They were recommended to us by an agency that worked with them in the past.

We spent less than $50,000 for their services.

They began development in June 2018, and they continue to provide routine support and maintenance.

Lighthouse London’s sophisticated web designs added credibility to our growing brand. An influx of employing companies and candidates signed up for an account shortly after launching the new website.

How did Lighthouse London perform from a project management standpoint?

Their coordination efforts were as impressive as their design work. In respect to our strict timeline, they produced deliverables at a rapid pace and never missed a deadline. They were highly productive, but they always made time to keep us informed of their progress via Skype and Zoom.

While every moment of our engagement was a thoroughly positive experience, collaborating with their team was the greatest highlight. Lighthouse London truly understood our vision and created a platform that surpassed our expectations.  They were incredibly friendly, and they were always willing to share their extensive knowledge with us.

They excelled in every area.

Overall Score The project could not have gone better. We are delighted with their results.
      They adapted well to our ever-evolving schedule and produced work fast.
      Their prices are extremely reasonable given the sheer quality of their work.
      The website turned out to be everything that we hoped for and more.
      I would refer Lighthouse London to a friend without hesitation.

UI Development for Media Buying Agency

"The finished product was beautiful and worked well."

Jan. 2017 - Sept. 2018

Lighthouse London designed the UI for a new SaaS platform from scratch for a media buying agency. They organized discovery meetings and implemented stakeholder feedback into the product.

Dan de Sybel
    CTO, Infectious Media

Lighthouse London delivered a functional and visually impressive UI, the product of an efficient workflow and proper communication efforts. The team offers thoughtful solutions and is receptive of feedback.

I am the CTO of a media buying agency. I am responsible for buying or building the technology our company needs to gain a competitive advantage.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lighthouse London?

We hoped to provide our clients with SaaS access to our proprietary media buying platform, and we wanted to build a new UI from scratch to facilitate that effort.

We hoped that these efforts would give our clients a greater understanding of the processes we utilize on their behalf.

A member of our in-house staff recommended Lighthouse London because of a positive experience working with them in the past. We asked them and two other vendors to provide preliminary UX guidelines, along with their hourly and project rates. Our executive committee agreed that Lighthouse London provided the most thoughtful service at the best price.

Lighthouse London arranged a series of discovery sessions to understand the scope of work and determine a project plan. They began designing the UI elements, and we collaborated to build each screen of the interface—creating a pipeline where once a screen was designed, it could be coded elsewhere while a new screen was being designed. At each checkpoint, we received feedback from stakeholders before moving to the next phase.

We worked with one project manager, one designer, and one engineer.

The first version of the UI was released within three months. We used the following month to make further modifications as internal stakeholders began using the system and finding more efficient means to complete certain tasks. We started customer testing shortly thereafter, and the platform proved to be successful.

We communicated primarily through Slack, but calls and meetings were easy to arrange at any time. We quickly established an efficient workflow.

We loved their thoughtful UI design. They were unique in their thinking, and they provided smart suggestions.

No. The finished product was beautiful and worked well.

Overall Score They delivered solid work on time and at a fair cost.
      They managed the project well.
      The price is very reasonable for the services we received.
      They delivered a beautiful and useful product.
      They work well with little direction.

Website Redesign & Development for Nonprofit Association

"Lighthouse London understood our project aims and needs before we fully understood them ourselves."

Oct. 2017 - May 2018

Lighthouse London redesigned and built a website in WordPress to update its look, feel, and functionality. They led an audit, reorganized thousands of pieces of content, and made user-specific portals.

Paul Oakley
    Head of Research and Analysis, British Beer & Pub Association

The site garnered high praise from both internal and external stakeholders. Lighthouse London offered valuable insights throughout the project and gave a point of contact for each process. Despite some ambiguities at first, they delivered high-quality products on time that met every need.

I’m the head of research for the British Beer & Pub Association. We provide support and specialized insights to member pubs and breweries. We also advocate on their behalf for more favorable government regulation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Lighthouse London?

Our website needed a refresh. Its user interface was unintuitive, its content was outdated, and its appearance needed a facelift. We engaged Lighthouse London to revamp our site’s frontend, making it more contemporary and user-friendly.

We lacked a clear picture of our requirements and goals at first. Lighthouse London provided helpful ideas to shape our vision of what we wanted and how to achieve it. We then performed a comprehensive audit of all the site’s information—including thousands of articles, documents, and A19 banners—and regrouped it. The team then designed and developed a new, image-heavy site in WordPress—which we prefer over our previous platform. They created wireframes and built a brand new site structure. It includes several new page templates, infographics, graphs, and other ways to present content. The site now has non-member sections with content hidden behind a paywall and member-only sections where members can log in and access private information.

We worked with Magda (Former UX/UI & Product Designer, Lighthouse London), Christy (Lead Developer, Lighthouse London), Tom (Director & Co-Founder, Lighthouse London), and Dan (Director, Lighthouse London).

How did you come to work with Lighthouse London?

We met with their team before deciding to hire them. Lighthouse London offered a personable and bespoke approach due to their small size. They made it clear who each point of contact was for each process and each step of the project. Their ability to understand our challenges and needs distinguished them from the competition.

We worked together from October 2017–May 2018.

Our new website has had a warm reception from our members and the general public. Our staff uses it much more frequently and effectively than our prior site. A company that we often worked with was particularly impressed and asked for our developer; they are now using Lighthouse London to revamp their own website.

How did Lighthouse London perform from a project management standpoint?

The project ran smoothly from start to finish. As mentioned previously, Lighthouse London assigned a point of contact for each process, which streamlined communication at the beginning. We collaborated using Basecamp and in occasional in-person meetings where we would discuss ideas or questions as needed. The team demonstrated expertise and diligence from start to finish, making them easy to trust with our project. Any issue that arose was resolved quickly.

Lighthouse London understood our project aims and needs before we fully understood them ourselves. Their team helped flesh out our ideas into actionable solutions. They also invested themselves in our project and our success, which we appreciated.

On occasion, our side explored ideas that turned out to be a waste of time and money. We definitely could have better managed our expectations. However, we would have appreciated it if Lighthouse London stopped us earlier in these cases.

Trust their expertise, but keep in mind your end goal to prevent yourself from going down rabbit holes. A web development project requires two-way communication.

Travel Company Logo Design & Web Dev

"They built a website and a logo that truly reflected my brand. I am very thankful that I chose them."

Dec. 2017 - Jan. 2018

In addition to creating a logo, Lighthouse London designed and developed a website for a luxury travel company. Once complete, they provided guidance for small bug fixes or performed larger repairs themselves.

Scotland
    Aeneas O'Hara
    Founder, Away From The Ordinary Ltd

Lighthouse London adhered to project timelines and delivered a website and logo that perfectly represent the spirit of the brand, a result of the staff’s significant efforts to understand the industry. They provide valuable business consulting services to enhance original ideas.

I am the founder of Away From the Ordinary, a luxury Scottish travel agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lighthouse London?

I hired Lighthouse London to design and develop my company website. I also relied on them to create my logo.

I hoped to have a visually impressive website that reflected my company values.

I heard proposals from several web designers, but Lighthouse London impressed me the most with their presentation of ideas that I hadn’t heard before. It was less of a conversation about the specifications of the website and more of a business consultancy meeting.

My business partner and I presented our initial ideas for the logo. Lighthouse London enhanced those ideas and designed the logo through that collaboration. We then developed plans for the website, and Lighthouse London’s team had it designed and built very quickly. In the first year after the website was complete, I wanted to make some changes. In the event of small changes, they helped me make the changes myself to save on costs, but with more complex tasks, they efficiently addressed them.

I worked with Tom (Co-Founder, Lighthouse London) and Christy (Design Lead, Lighthouse London).

I’ve received positive comments from people that see my website for the first time. Lighthouse London took the time to understand what my company does and what it stands for. They built a website and a logo that truly reflected my brand. I am very thankful that I chose them.

They have me clear timelines for the project, and they kept me updated the entire time. Their team met all deadlines.

While I am very appreciative of their willingness to learn about my business, their business consulting abilities truly won me over. My interviews with other vendors were very straightforward, with the leadership team promising to build what I wanted. Tom at Lighthouse London heard my ideas and then worked with me to make them better. They pointed me in a different and better direction on multiple occasions.

No, everything exceeded my expectations.

Overall Score Everything exceeded my expectations.
      All milestones were clearly communicated and met.
      The price was wonderful considering the quality of the work.
      All deliverables were presented on time, and they exceeded my expectations.
      I have already recommended them.

Web Design & Dev for Architecture Studio

"They clearly understood our goals."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Lighthouse London did frontend development for a website re-launch, including WordPress integration and customization. The solution is in support.

Alasdair Ben Dixon
    Founder, Collective Works

The new website has helped procure new leads and improve turnover rate, and the improvements have generated positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders. Customers can expect a communicative and friendly partner who can provide ongoing assistance.

I'm a founding partner and CMO of an architecture and design studio working on housing, hospitality, and community projects.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lighthouse London?

We needed an overhaul of our old website, as it wasn't effective and was letting the business down. It wasn't responsive, user-friendly, or easy to navigate. We had an idea of how we wanted our new site to look, but we needed an experienced partner to deliver our vision, along with ongoing support after launch.

We wanted a dynamic and visually appealing website that would show off our work and impress our future clients. It also needed a stable backend where we could easily update project data and add new content.

We were introduced through a friend’s network and kicked off with a consultation meeting to run through the scope. We received a proposal shortly after, which we compared with four other firms. I selected Lighthouse because they were friendly and cost-effective and they clearly understood our goals.

Lighthouse did frontend web development following our design consultation and digital strategy revision. Services included WordPress setup and customization and ongoing support and advice.

We worked directly with the founders. We also spoke with the team who were working on the project on a daily basis.

We’ve landed several important leads since the launch. Our turnover has increased, and we’ve received positive client and peer feedback. Lighthouse has assisted with recent upgrades and we expect to work them in the future.

Lighthouse used online tools to keep in touch and get feedback from three of our team members who were involved in the project.

They were friendly and patient when we approached them with repeated queries or faced other technical challenges.

We would have appreciated a final meeting to discuss the finished product.

Web Design for Travel Guide Business

"They were responsive and easy to deal with, in addition to providing good value for my money."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Lighthouse London designed a website and CMS for a travel business. They prioritized searchability and ease of maintenance during the design process.

London, England
    Tremayne Carew Pole
    Founder, Hg2

Internal stakeholders are thrilled with the site’s visuals and report seeing perpetually growing traffic. Lighthouse London established smooth cooperation through prompt responses and a digital management tool. Their price-quality ratio is particularly noteworthy.

I’m the founder of Hg2, a digital content agency and travel guide business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lighthouse London?

I needed to come up with a compelling design and look and feel for a brand-new website.

I set out to create a shop window that boosted brand awareness and housed all our travel content and imagery.

They were a recommendation, and then I sent out a competitive tender.

They designed a look for my new web platform and CMS that was easily searchable and simple to maintain.

I’m working with a senior developer, an assistant developer, and a UX designer.

I now have a brilliant looking site that sees continually increasing traffic. I can't recommend them highly enough.

It was simple and easy to manage using Basecamp.

No, not that I saw.

UI/UX Design for Video Interview Tool

"We’re very happy with the outcome."

June 2018 - Jan. 2019

Lighthouse London did UI/UX design to improve user journeys.

Michelle Parsons
    Co-Founder and Product Manager, Showcaser

Their designs have generated positive feedback as they’ve helped to move the solution from MVP toward production. Expect Lighthouse London to communicate freely and offer useful advice on the best design ideas.

I’m the co-founder and product manager for Showcaser, a new and growing video interview tool.

For what projects/services did your company hire Lighthouse London?

We wanted to ensure our transition from MVP to production had the necessary design elements to ensure customers would enjoy using our website.

We wanted an improved user journey and better UI/UX for our production release.

We selected Lighthouse after having met with several design houses. They were just right in terms of their experience, passion, ability to collaborate, and price point.

They handled the concept and design in a very collaborative way. They worked to understand our product before making it better.

They had a staff of three working closely with us, but we believe there were more behind the scenes helping out with opinions and maximizing the feedback loops.

We've been receiving great feedback on their designs. We’re very happy with the outcome.

We enjoyed excellent communication. They shared their vision with us.

They were helpful in pushing back on concepts when they knew a better or more elegant solution.

We might have used an additional kick-off workshop.