Simplify connection.

LexReception is a close-knit team of virtual receptionists dedicated to professionalism, warmth, and 24/7 availability for quality-oriented organizations like yours. Our answering service focuses on aligning our tone--along with procedure, terminology and scripts--with your brand. It takes experience and care to do that. We focus on you, like huge call centers can't.

Portland, OR

The Law Office of Robert David Malove, Hammerschmidt, Stickradt, & Associates, Legal Translations

Lex Reception

Call Answering for Consumer Protection Law Firm

"LexReception cares about the quality of their services and clients."

July 2019 - Ongoing

Helping to develop call scripts, LexReception provides remote receptionist services for a law firm. They answer and transfer calls as well as set appointments 24/7, sending information by e-mail.

San Francisco Bay Area, California
Elliot Conn
Owner, Conn Law, PC

LexReception receives calls warmly and intelligibly, garnering frequent compliments from clients. Helping to establish an impressive reputation, the team conveys information accurately and efficiently. Accessible and responsive, they exceed expectations to support the partnership.

I’m the owner of a consumer protection firm based in California called Conn Law, PC.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

I started a practice of my own and needed a remote receptionist.

LexReception helped to create scripts to answer calls, adjusting to accommodate any changes to my services. Their team guided the content such as what questions to ask, how to answer the phone as well as forward calls. Using my law practice management software, they provide call answering and appointments setting services 24/7. Their team sends call details to me by e-mail, which I can choose to respond to right away.

For support services, I’ve worked with three or four LexReception teammates. Their receptionists rotate but provide good services consistently.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

When the previous law firm I’d worked for was downsizing, it was my job to find a remote receptionist. Familiar and happy with LexReception’s services, their team was my first choice when I was starting my law firm. Unlike other contenders, they were willing to not record our calls in order to comply with California’s strict wiretap laws. While their team provides services to clients in a wide range of industries, I appreciated that they specialized in law. LexReception was also competitively priced.

I spend about $500 a month for their services.

We began our engagement in July 2019, and it’s ongoing.

The way you measure success is by not having any issues; I haven’t had any problems with LexReception. Messages are conveyed accurately. Names are spelled correctly. We receive consistent compliments about their services, especially the receptionists’ coherent pronunciations. They are friendly and efficient, which has helped to develop a robust reputation for my practice. Clients are greeted by an articulate person—not just connected to me. From day one, they’ve helped to legitimize my law firm.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re more responsive than I could've hoped for. When I call, someone always picks up the phone. If there’s a minor change I want to make, their team responds to e-mails right away. I can call or e-mail LexReception and someone will address my need right away.

They’re used to dealing with lawyers, which meant their team had a better idea than I did for what the call script should look like. LexReception cares about the quality of their services and clients. They found a niche they can excel in.

There’s nothing they could do differently.

Be careful with call scripts; LexReception can help to optimize the number of call minutes allocated. Wait to increase them as necessary.

Call Answering & Appointment Setting for Law Office

“They respond well when clients go off-script and redirect them effectively so that we receive the information we need.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

LexReception provides ongoing customer support for a growing law office. They answer calls, set up appointments, and input new client data.

Pasadena, California
Assistant, Law Office

The call handlers at LexReception are friendly, professional, and responsive. They provide quality assurance recordings and adjust well to script changes. Thanks to their work, client satisfaction scores have increased, especially with regard to attentiveness.

I’m an assistant at a law office in California. We help consumers manage debt by handling things like bankruptcy filings and credit repair.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

We’re a growing business and we needed some additional assistance with call management and call flow.

Bringing them onboard went pretty smoothly. We explained our needs to them, which included Spanish-language support, and were able to get everything set up on the first day. We’d already been using a script in our office that covered important questions we needed to ask in order to move clients forward for consultations or appointments, so it was easy to train them with that material.

In terms of features they offer us, they’re on call from an hour before we open until an hour after we close, and we receive recordings of the calls that they handle. They also schedule appointments on our behalf and share them directly to our office calendar.

I’m not sure how many call handlers work for our account in total, but there are at least two.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

My boss received a recommendation while attending a professional conference. We’d previously used a different call service that didn’t have enough features we needed, so I researched several companies. LexReception was the best fit for our needs and budget.

We started working with them in October 2018, and they’re still working with us.

It’s been incredibly beneficial for us. We can focus on our in-person interviews without having to rush to the phone, and we’re free to work remotely without worrying about missed calls. Scheduling is easier now,  and so is adding new clients to our records. LexReception’s team adds their data to our portal for us, which saves a lot of time.

Clients tell us that the receptionists are always very friendly and deliver great customer service. The access to real receptionists has greatly increased our client satisfaction scores and we’ve seen more positive reviews about our attentiveness.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a great job. All of the calls are recorded and we can provide ratings or feedback if we feel like they need to make any adjustments. They also adapt quickly if we need to change the script if we need to and they’ve been very helpful in answering our questions.

Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable. They respond well when clients go off-script and redirect them effectively so that we receive the information we need. Anytime that we have concerns or questions, they’re addressed right away.

Not that I’ve seen.

Know what information you need from your clients and have a clear sense of the script. That will define how successful the collaboration will be.

It’s a good value for the service we get.
    I’ve already recommended them to other businesses.

Answering Services for Boutique Law Firm

"The team is affordable and available 24/7."

2019 - Ongoing

LexReception provides call answering services.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Owner, Boutique Law Firm

The team’s efficiency and organization are crucial to overall success. Features including the dashboard make the service comprehensive and effective.

I’m the owner and sole proprietor of a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

I had a high volume of calls and needed them answered efficiently and in an organized and timely fashion.

They answer the phone and give me messages. This service ensures a live person handles incoming calls without having them go to my cell phone’s voicemail when I’m in court or unavailable.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

I advertised for an answering service that would be less expensive than my previous provider.

I spend $599 per month.

We started working together in early 2019 and the partnership is ongoing.

LexReception is a core component of running my practice. I couldn’t do it without them.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything is good. I use their dashboard to track call statistics.

The team is affordable and available 24/7. I also have all the features I need.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Answering Services for Real Estate Business Law Firm

“Potential clients hear back from us much faster because LexReception uses the integration properly.”

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

Integrated into the client’s CMS, LexReception takes calls when in-house employees are unavailable and texts or emails the details. Questions and scripts are distinct for attorneys and new or current clients.

St. Louis, Missouri
Marc Jacob
Owner, The Jacob Law Firm

A highly customizable answering service protocol and attractive, flexible monthly package make LexReception stand out from the competition. They offered full integration with the internal system to streamline the delivery of information and leads. Invoicing includes useful and detailed information.

I am the managing attorney and a mediator at The Jacob Law Firm, a solo practitioner office in St. Louis, Missouri. As a transactional law firm, we deal primarily in real estate and business transactions. We also help nonprofits. A division of the firm is devoted to home buyers and sellers.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

We had been dissatisfied with several offsite answering services our law firm had tried. LexReception offered us a flat fee for a specific number of minutes. If we came close to hitting that figure, we wouldn't have to incur additional fees for going over.

Other companies offered packages that were unrealistic for a firm our size. It almost seemed like they were designed so clients would always exceed them. LexReception's package seemed just right for us.

LexReception primarily provides answering services. When people call our number, their call is transferred to LexReception after a few rings. They're also integrated with our client relationship management cloud software.

We tell them which specific questions to ask our callers. LexReception allows us to provide an alternative script if we're going to be out of the office for a few days.

In addition to answering the phones, they send us emails and texts with information from the calls they receive. Through the CRM integration, they also send leads to our inbox which we can accept as a potential client within the system. This process saves us a lot of double entry problems.

We get in touch with a relationship manager when we have a question. I imagine a dozen or so people answer the phone at any given time on our behalf.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

We searched on the internet for options, but we were restricted to companies that were either already integrated with or willing to integrate with our CRM system. The original company we switched from expressed an unwillingness to use our system. After considering six or more companies, we ended up choosing LexReception.

We’ve been working with LexReception for a little under a year and have paid about $6,000 so far.

We've been working together since September 2018.

Generally speaking, we're satisfied with the service. The people who answer the phone seem to go through all the questions we provide. Our clients have also been pleased with LexReception. They appreciate the way they answer the phone and the manner and tone they use.

Furthermore, they reliably send new clients over into the CRM software for my assistant to see. She receives them very quickly and can send a follow-up or intake immediately. Potential clients hear back from us much faster because LexReception uses the integration properly.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

LexReception is very responsive to us. My assistant usually interacts with them. Whenever we have a question, they get back to us either immediately or within a few hours. We’ve never had to wait a whole day to hear back from them.

I appreciate that the monthly bills they send us include a breakdown of how many minutes they spent on the phone, the number of calls they took, and any overages. They are the only company we've worked with that includes this information right on the bill, which is great for us to see.

LexReception offers alternative scripts for new potential clients, other attorneys, and our existing clients. None of the other providers we’ve used had systems with that differentiation, and it's been very helpful.

My constructive feedback is to be truthful that they’re not internal employees. Sometimes their staff will tell callers who ask for me that I'm unavailable. Really, they have no way of knowing if I am or not. LexReception is better than other services we've used, but we want potential clients to know a way we save them money is by using an offsite answering service. There's no shame in that, so they don't need to pretend that they're actually sitting in our office.

I’d also like them to send us a breakdown of the number of calls from different area codes and the time of day they come in. This data would help us target our advertising. We already have all the phone numbers, but it would be much more complicated for us to aggregate the percentages internally.

We don't have schedules or deadlines. As a 24/7 service, they're always there for us.
    They always answer the phone and never miss calls.

24/7 Call Answering & Routing for Management Consultancy

"From our initial interaction through the setup and the ongoing work, we’ve received top-notch service."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

LexReception provides 24/7 call answering and routing services for a consulting firm. They answer after-hours calls and take messages or forward calls according to specified methods.

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Cori DiDonato
CEO & President, Silver Tiger Consulting

LexReception’s around-the-clock presence has resulted in a greater attentiveness to clients and increased availability to make sales. The receptionist team adapts quickly to scripts and preferred practices, making for an easy onboarding process. They are technologically savvy and engaged partners.

I am the CEO and president of Silver Tiger Consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

We engaged LexReception because we had trouble routing and patching calls to team members based all over the country. We were unhappy with our existing provider and decided to switch to LexReception.

We rely on LexReception to route and patch our calls to specific employees, and if those people are not available, their receptionists take and forward messages. LexReception has also proven to be a more technologically sound partner than our previous one. They offer a dashboard that allows us to track our activity and messages.

LexReception provides 24/7 answering services, which enables them to route emergency calls to our support team—a service we weren’t receiving with our original call center partner. This offering is a critical aspect of our engagement because our employees work in different time zones, and our business hours don’t always align with 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time, for example.

It only took a short series of emails and phone calls to acclimate their receptionists to our scripts and cadence. Our methods of call patching and finding extensions are relatively straightforward. When LexReception forwards a call or a message, it is no different than when our own receptionists do the same.

I coordinate all of our efforts with Brianna (Sales Account Executive, LexReception). I know we have a team of at least eight receptionists handling our calls, but I’m unsure of the total team size.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

We initially reviewed the merits of three receptionist services that also had some call center capabilities, but LexReception didn’t appear in my original online searches. They weren’t on my radar at first. After three months of working with the service we decided was the best of our original three, I reopened the search for another one.

Luckily, during my second round of searching online, I found LexReception and scheduled an introduction. During our first call, they showed me the dashboard, and I realized I was dealing with a vendor on an entirely different level than our existing one. They understood why we were having challenges with the other service and outlined their methods to provide solutions. We scored vendors on a number of factors, and LexReception earned perfect marks from me.

LexReception sets themselves apart from their competitors by only charging for the time when their receptionist is on the line with our client—as opposed to the entirety of the call. In that sense, LexReception provides excellent value. To this point, we’ve only spent about $200 each month.

Our engagement began in December 2018 and remains ongoing.

We’ve recently started forwarding all after-hours calls, and just this month, we’ve been able to take calls and messages that we previously wouldn’t have gotten until the next day. Because we saw the messages immediately, we knew we could call back during off hours. Our quick turnaround time on those messages allowed us to close two additional sales in March.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve acclimated quickly to our processes. For example, we just changed our rules for patching calls, and within an hour, Brianna had processed the information in our email, and the receptionist team had implemented our changes.

The team is communicative when it needs to be. If they think we’re close to exceeding our allotted minutes, they’ll reach out to see if we need to upgrade our plan. Otherwise, they’ll check in if they haven’t heard from us in a while. All told, we haven’t had many issues.

From my initial interaction through the setup and the ongoing work, we’ve received top-notch service.

No, I’m very happy with the service we’re receiving.

I think our onboarding process went smoothly because we had our scripts in place and had an idea of how we wanted them to answer our calls. I’d advise future clients of theirs to have similar materials in place if possible.

Answering Service for Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Law Firm

"It’s great knowing if a million-dollar call comes our way, LexReception will be there to answer it."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

LexReception provides ongoing, around-the-clock phone answering services. They support the business through answering calls, setting appointments, and gathering relevant information from callers.

Utah
Co-Founder, Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Law Firm

The support from LexReception allows the business to run smoothly and efficiently without missing crucial calls from potential clients. The team is a steady partner, providing consistent assistance. Customers can expect an easy-to-work-with, dedicated team.

I’m the co-founder of a personal injury and criminal defense law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

My firm is relatively new, so we have limited staff and resources. We needed support in answering our phones so we could perform our other business tasks more efficiently.

LexReception provides 24/7 live answering services. The onboarding process and script training were quick after minor miscommunications. They set up appointments for us and provide all the necessary information so I can perform follow-ups when I have the opportunity.

They provide one main point of contact who I communicate with directly

How did you come to work with LexReception?

I read reviews of several vendors who work with legal teams. I also wanted a client to feel like they were speaking to a real receptionist when they called us. I was impressed with LexReception's around-the-clock service and personal touch.

We spend $349 per month for 350 minutes.

We began working together in February 2019 and their services are ongoing.

Before working with LexReception, we weren’t able to dedicate enough time to running our business because of the high volume of calls we were handling. Having them on board is a relief, and they’ve been the perfect solution to our problem. We haven’t received any negative feedback from callers, which is great.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager checked in at the three-week mark, but I’m also able to contact them whenever necessary. If I need to ask questions or do anything to ensure the project is running smoothly, I can communicate with LexReception.

It’s great knowing if a million-dollar call comes our way, LexReception will be there to answer it. I feel confident knowing that they are available 24/7 and will provide great customer service to our callers.

At this point, there’s nothing I can think of for them to improve on.

Although they occasionally get details incorrect, that is the nature of phone calls.

Call Overflow Services for IT Support & Computer Repair Company

“They really tried to understand our company and wanted to become an extension of our team… .”

July 2018 - Ongoing

LexReception has been providing answering services, making appointments, and transferring calls. After getting to know the business, they also made recommendations on the most optimal, low-cost plan.

Denver, Colorado
Jeri Morgan
Owner, Code Blue Computing

Both the in-house team and the customers are impressed with the quality of LexReception’s services and their professionalism. They go above and beyond to meet all needs, while their commitment and enthusiasm helped them establish a smooth process from the beginning.

I'm the owner of Code Blue Computing. We do on-site computer repairs and support, and we also have a computer shop where people can bring their computers.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

We had been using an answering service for overflow calls, but we were not happy with it. We also got negative feedback from our customers about that service, so we were looking for a new company.

We're mainly using them for call overflow. When we're not in the office or can't answer a call, they pick up our calls, get the information from callers, and either make an appointment or connect them to someone else in our company. Then, they send that information to us via a text message or email.

We had a very smooth onboarding process, and they've become an extension of our business. We started out on a plan with a low number of minutes, but they reached out to me when we were close to the limit and recommended that I upgraded the plan, which saved me money.

We have one main point of contact, and there is a team of people who pick up our calls.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

We're part of one IT Facebook group. Many companies in that group mentioned LexReception and left positive feedback, so we decided to contact them.

We pay them $300 a month, so we've spent about $1,200 so far.

We started working with them in July 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've been thrilled with their service. We've had customers who commented on the professionalism of the person who picked up the call. Also, I really like the fact that I can log into the website and see how many calls came in and how many calls they answered. (That is something I wasn't able to do before.)

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything has been seamless. They reach out to us at least once a month to make sure we're happy.

They really tried to understand our company and wanted to become an extension of our team, which was the key to the successful onboarding process. We're a smaller company, so finding a good answering service was important to us. When I spoke to LexReception on the phone, I realized that our project was important to them as well.

No. They've been doing a great job.

Give them as much information as you can, so that they can handle your clients the way you want them to.

Our calls get picked up very fast.

Answering Services for Criminal Defense Law Firm

“In the first month, the clients LexReception's services brought in paid for three years of their services.”

2016 - Ongoing

LexReception provides ongoing call answering services, using provided scripts to take messages and set appointments during and after business hours.

Lubbock, Texas
Stephen Hamilton
Partner, Stephen L. Hamilton, P.C.

LexReception provides highly professional, prompt call answering services that have been well received by current and potential clients alike. Their ability to take detailed messages after hours has allowed the business to more effectively grow its client base.

I'm a partner at Stephen L. Hamilton, P.C., a criminal law firm with nine offices in Texas.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

We engaged LexReception to provide call answering services that would involve capturing more information beyond a caller's name and phone number, so we could better serve current and potential clients.

LexReception provides phone answering services during business hours, evenings, and weekends. We provide them with a script, and they're able to provide messages to us via email or text and book appointments. All calls are recorded, so we're able to pull up message histories when necessary. We're also in the process of setting up a chat system for messaging as well.

We usually deal directly with their customer service representatives.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

Several friends of mine had recommended them to me and we felt very comfortable working with them after an initial evaluation.

We spend about $1,500 per month on their services for all of our offices.

We've been working with them since 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

With LexReception's system, clients are empowered to set appointments at any time. We've gained a significant number of new clients by providing answering services after hours. In the first month, the clients LexReception's services brought in paid for three years of their services. Client satisfaction is high; we've never received a complaint about their attitude or professionalism over the phone.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive to our needs. I've called them over the weekend to make a change to our script and they were able to implement it by Monday morning.

Their services are incredibly valuable and their team is very professional over the phone.

Nothing comes to mind.

From a business standpoint, it's important to figure out how calls should flow. Once that part is down, I'm 100% confident LexReception's staff will be able to implement it.

They're not the cheapest, but their services are well worth the investment.

Answering & Scheduling Services for Travel Agency

"They actually care about my business and about me personally, which is nice."

June 2018 - Ongoing

LexReception provides call answering services, including basic inbound lead questions. They also schedule appointments using an online calendar system.

Phoenix, Arizona
Cindi Sanden
Owner, Awaken Travels

Inbound phone leads increased markedly since LexReception was first engaged, allowing for the hiring of three additional travel agents. Their expert team inspires confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly. They also offer useful tactical advice that was subsequently implemented.

I own Awaken Travels, a full service travel agency specializing in destination weddings and romantic travel honeymoons. I have three agents that work in the office and an administrative assistant.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

I wasn’t able to answer calls in a timely matter. I often turn my phone off when I'm working in order to concentrate.

LexReception provides a call answering service. They ask some basic lead questions about what type of travel the person wants to do. They also schedule consultations using my online calendar system. It took about a week to work out the different scripts and train their agents. We worked in increments as I made tweaks and changes. I travel a lot, so I have to let them know how to handle calls when I'm not in the office.

I work with two account managers, Brie and Channon, on my scripts. I can also send a message via their dashboard if I have a problem and they'll have somebody fix it for me.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

I did a Google search and found a few different companies. I originally went with a different service because their prices were lower. It was a really horrible experience. Then I hired an administrative assistant to help with calls, but it still wasn’t working well. I decided to give Lex Reception a chance. They’d regularly checked in with me every six months, keeping the relationship warm. I liked that they are based in the U.S. because I needed agents that speak English.

I spend between $200–$260 a month.

We started working with them in June 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

I've been able to hire all three of my new agents since I started working with LexReception. My phone leads have grown substantially. I wasn’t getting enough leads via the phone before to have sustained other staff in my office.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is really good. They're super quick at getting back to me. As a smaller team, they work efficiently together and communicate well. Whoever needs to fix an issue gets it fixed. If I have any concerns, they'll go in and listen to the calls. They're also proactive at checking on how many minutes I've used as part of my plan.

They went the extra mile when I had a major family emergency. I didn't tell them the details when I reached out to let them know we needed to change the script. They sent me a thoughtful gift and a nice card. I was impressed with their customer service. They actually care about my business and about me personally, which is nice.

We haven't had any complaints so far. Editing the script can be difficult, but it's probably because I don’t have a lot of experience in having somebody else answer my calls. Knowing what I want them to say takes some tweaking. They’re good about fixing anything I have a problem with. I'll get a hold of them and they fix it right away.

It’s better to work with one of the account managers on your script. I first worked with someone in customer service. She did an OK job. The lead staff definitely have a better handle on the way things should be worded. They also give a lot more feedback. It was nice to work with somebody who knew what they were talking about.

Off-hours Call Answering for Trial Attorney

“An empathetic, professional voice is the greatest tool a receptionist can have, and they’ve nailed that pretty well.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

LexReception provides after-hours receptionist services for a legal firm. Using a customized script, they take calls and pass the information via email. They also forward critical calls as necessary.

Portland, Oregon
Ronn Elzinga
Owner, Elzinga & Associates, LLC

The LexReception team is instrumental in capturing potential clients after business hours. They offer customizable plans that are well-suited to smaller businesses, providing tools to help scale. Attentive customer service and personable receptionists are hallmarks of their work.

I’m a trial attorney in Portland, Oregon. I own a law firm called Elzinga & Associates, LLC.

What challenge were you trying to address with LexReception?

Although I have a full-time receptionist in my office, I was concerned that we were missing calls from existing and potential clients after hours. I needed resources who could capture those calls between 5 PM and 9 AM.

LexReception provides off-hours call answering services. After taking a call, they immediately send me an email or text with all of the information. I receive the notifications on my phone, so I’m always aware off when they’ve talked to a client or potential client. They keep me posted on the caller’s inquiries and relay any important messages.

I appreciate that the service is customizable, from the script to the procedure. For example, if I receive a call from an attorney or the judge’s chambers, they’ll patch the call directly to my cell phone so that I don’t miss important notices. It was also easy to onboard them; it only took me half an hour to figure out what I wanted, and they took care of the rest.

I mostly communicate with Bre (Senior Sales Executive, LexReception). If something comes up, I always call her, and sometimes she calls to let me know about issues. She’s always accessible.

How did you come to work with LexReception?

I found out about LexReception at a legal conference for entrepreneurial attorneys; they had a vendor booth there. I met with Bre and told her my concerns about my practice. She assured me that they could tailor their services to fit my needs. Once I talked to other attorneys about their experience working with LexReception, I heard a lot of positive feedback.

Bre gave us a special three-month deal to try them out, so I compared them with another similar provider. I looked at their costs, plans, options, and customer feedback. It was clear that LexReception was the stronger company with a wider range of custom options. They’re able to screen calls, do client intake, and even schedule appointments. I knew I could grow my firm and scale their services based on my needs.

I spend $99 per month.

We’ve worked together since March 2016.

When people need a personal injury attorney and don’t have a referral, they’ll go to Yelp or Google and just move down the directory, calling practices until someone answers the phone. Oftentimes, these customers call after hours because they’re working during the normal business day.

With LexReception, I’m able to capture those potential leads. My current clients tell me again and again how they had called 16 attorneys at 6 PM and chose me because I was the first to call back. I wouldn’t have known unless LexReception texted me the information. That I have so many emails and texts from off-hours calls is proof enough that people won’t wait around to find an attorney. They’ll call until someone answers.

How did LexReception perform from a project management standpoint?

Their level of personal service is fantastic, and I appreciate Bre’s project management. For example, I was on a monthly plan that charged extra for every call once I went over my allotted minutes. Instead of billing me the overage, Bre bumped me up to the next plan level just for that month before moving me back. I ended up paying less overall, which I didn’t realize until she did it. I was impressed that she paid such close attention to me even though I’m not one of their bigger clients.

I also value that they record each call, so I’m able to check the quality at my own leisure. When I was teaching a class of lawyers on best business practices, I mentioned LexReception. One of the attorneys present mentioned that they called me but was disappointed with the receptionist service. I immediately checked the recording and felt that the receptionist did a great job. Having the recordings available allows me to go over calls myself and measure the quality.

I have a big issue with law firms that employ cold receptionists; in my practice, I always tell my receptionist that I hope to hear them laugh at least once before they transfer the call. It’s important to me that the client can hear a smile through the phone. Similarly, I didn’t want an off-hours call service that was just a step up from voicemail, nor did I want a nearly automated person reading from a script. I needed receptionists who were warm and empathetic.

LexReception’s call team manages to be professional while remaining empathetic; they’re people who really care. This is crucial because a lot of my clients are in pain in a number of ways, so they need someone who understands that. An empathetic, professional voice is the greatest tool a receptionist can have, and they’ve nailed that pretty well.

No, not at all. I don’t know how they could do better. They’ve treated me so well and have provided a lot of value. They've never failed or let me down, and I’m a big fan.

The first voice that answers a potential client call is incredibly important. When younger and solo attorneys begin, they often can’t afford a receptionist, so they answer their own phone. However, this can diminish their credibility to some extent. In those cases, it’d be wise to invest in LexReception as the primary receptionist for calls that ring more than three times. This would save a ton of money.

I refer them all the time.