Partnering with people who insist on great work.

LESS+MORE is a full service branding and design agency. As modern branding experts, we help our clients forge meaningful connections with people. We specialize in strategy, brand development, creative direction, and design execution.

2006
San Diego, CA
  • LESS+MORE
    2810 Camino Del Rio South
    San Diego, CA 92108
    619.786.1040

We work in a wide variety of industries including hospitality, bio-technology, consumer packaged goods, and non-profit. Some partners we have had the good fortune to serve incude FedEx, Thermo Fisher, NuVasive, Illumina, Cassandra, Pacific Hospitality Group, Bacara Resort, Pasea Hotel, Bay City Brewing Company, Coconut Beach, and Life Technologies.

Branding for Wake Park

"The team was very organized and timeline-driven yet flexible. They incorporated our feedback."

Jan. - Apr. 2016

LESS+MORE defined a complete brand identity for a new watersport business initiative, delivering a unique look and voice through a logo, identity statements, apparel designs, and color palettes.

Orlando, Florida
Ali Osiecki
VP of Marketing, Greg Norman Company

By leveraging LESS+MORE’s imagination, the differentiated brand scaled easily and provided a stable foundation for future market expansions. The team’s adaptability, budget-conscious workflow, and friendly demeanor contributed to an enjoyable partnership.

I’m the head of marketing and brand strategy for The Greg Norman Company, which focuses on a mixture of consumer-facing and B2B businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

We were launching a new business called Wake Park, which involves wakeboarding on a lake. We wanted to build a differentiated brand for the business in order to scale and differentiate it from our competitors. We don’t have any in-house creative services.

We provided LESS+MORE with a defined creative brief and some sites that we liked visually. They took on the project from start to finish. We needed them to deliver a brand identity and the look and feel of the site. Deliverables included fonts, color palettes, a logo, as well as a brand voice and a brand identity statement. There were also a few additional creative deliverables like a template print and banner ad and some designs for apparel. The project was more about defining a strategy of who we’re speaking to, how we want to differentiate ourselves, what we want to look like, and how we want to sound. We didn’t use LESS+MORE for video or digital. We weren’t executing a media plan against this, so we didn’t need those services.

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

The business owner of the park had seen some of LESS+MORE’s work for a restaurant, and we got their name through them. I have a few agencies that I work with regularly, but I liked LESS+MORE’s smaller feel. They were conscious of our limited budget. The fact that they were from Southern California helped because they were close to the watersport culture that we wanted to tap into.

How much have you invested with LESS+MORE?

We spent around $40,000 on the project.

We started working with them in January of 2016, and the work was completed in April of 2016. I wanted to use them for another business, but we joined with a company that had internal resources, so I wasn’t able to use LESS+MORE. We’ll definitely look for any opportunity to work with them again.

We’ve been able to establish differences in the brand in the market that we’ve opened and among our competitors. We are able to scale very easily. We opened a food and beverage center called The Shark Shack, and we were able to leverage their creativity for that. We’ve also been able to extend to an apparel line. LESS+MORE helped us establish a foundation and got us to a point where we can use a freelance graphic designer to extend the brand really successfully without a huge budget.

The biggest win was internal. This was a new process for them, and they realized the value of building that foundation based on consumer insights and positioning versus putting a logo and creative together ourselves. It taught us the value of building our brand identity up front. LESS+MORE did a good job of educating our team during the process. They gave us options and were flexible in taking our feedback and incorporating it. They also gave us their opinion on why they did what they did. We’ve gotten a lot of great feedback from consumers.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic. Mike [Partner and Creative Director, LESS+MORE] was phenomenal, and everyone else was great. The team was very organized and timeline-driven yet flexible. They incorporated our feedback.

What did you find most impressive about LESS+MORE?

I’ve worked with so many agencies that have a standard look and feel, but LESS+MORE gave us a diverse selection so we could get a sense of direction. The creative breadth and depth of what they can do are impressive. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were friendly, took feedback, and were great at project management. I’ve worked with great agencies and others that have been challenging. LESS+MORE adapted to our corporate culture, which is key in driving an agency relationship.

Are there any areas LESS+MORE could improve?

I hope to work with them again. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

Overall Score I’ve worked with a lot of agencies and only have positive things to say about LESS+MORE. I’ve had a great experience with them.
    I had no issues. They always met deadlines, even though some of them were pretty tight.
    They did a lot of work and were conscious of our budget.
    There’s always room for improvement.
    I look forward to working with them again sometime.

Print, Social, and Outdoor Creative for Nightlife Management Group

"They didn’t just run with our idea; they presented additional ideas that were better."

2006 - Sept. 2016

LESS+MORE was an agency of record, providing brands, logos, and collateral for new nightlife venues. They helped onboard an internal marketing department, and have since collaborated on additional projects.

San Diego, California
Mike Georgopolous
Partner, RMD Group

A recent loyalty app campaign’s results more than doubled its active user goal, after LESS+MORE provided campaign content. The team’s collateral has been well-received and created a recognizable brand. Their project management has evolved over the years and now provides a great client experience.

The RMD Group is a nightlife company located in San Diego, California. We own restaurants and nightclubs. I’m one of the owners of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

We first approached LESS+MORE over ten years ago, when we were creating a new brand and marketing campaign for a nightclub we were opening.

For a period of time after that first engagement, LESS+MORE was our agency of record, and they did everything for us. If we need a new brand, logos, flyers, whatever, LESS+MORE did it for us. They also did the execution of all the assets related to any brand which included: flyers, social media content, and all that. Then we grew bigger, and they grew bigger, so we decided to bring art and marketing in-house. They helped us hire people for that, so we now have a full marketing and art department.

We still maintain our relationship with LESS+MORE for larger projects. For example, we launched a loyalty app last year. We wanted a fresh brand campaign and all the collateral to go with it, so they worked with our in-house team to create it. Over the years, we’ve worked on about eight major projects with them.

We like to use them when we’re creating a new logo, new ID package, or a new campaign. So, we’re starting something completely from scratch, and we want a big idea. They give us the strategy, and then we do most of the implementation. We concentrate our advertising on print, social media, and outdoor. They’ve created billboards for us. We had a really fun campaign that was on the side of a construction site when we were building a new venue. We don’t do any TV or radio, so we don’t use them for that.

They also developed a website for us. We had an existing site, but we wanted to make our new loyalty app the mainstay of that site. We changed the functionality and everything, putting the app at the forefront. LESS+MORE oversaw the design, development, and a little SEO [search engine optimization].

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

When one of their partners, Steve, was working as an independent about 15 years ago, we used him as a graphic designer on small projects. We remained close, and then LESS+MORE started their company. We needed their services, so we interviewed LESS+MORE and a few other companies. We liked the pitch they gave us, so we went with them. We’ve maintained a close personal relationship with them since.

How much have you invested with LESS+MORE?

We’ve spent between $50,000 and $200,000 over the course of the relationship.

We first started working with LESS+MORE in 2006, and the most recent project was completed in September of 2016.

Our goal for the loyalty app was to get 1,000 active users after the first year, and we actually got 2,500 active users in that time. We’re at about 4,000 now. That was a big accomplishment. LESS+MORE created everything you see on our social media and on our website.

Over the years, the collateral they’ve created has been well-received by our audience. The app is one indication of that. Our brand is recognizable. People comment on the look and feel of our brand, and LESS+MORE are the ones to thank for that.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done a great job evolving over the years. The last project was super organized. They took the lead on managing the schedule and deliverables, and they ran all the meetings. As a company, we normally like to keep control. However, with all the other things we have going on, it was nice to know that they were at the steering wheel, driving that project. We just showed up to meetings and made decisions. It was great.

LESS+MORE met all their deadlines. If a deadline was missed, it was because we were slow in making decisions. They quoted one price, and that was the price we paid. There were no surprises with the cost. In my world, things never come in at the price as they should. I agreed on the price up front and felt like it was a good value.

What did you find most impressive about LESS+MORE?

LESS+MORE has a very creative team. For the app project, we had some ideas on what we thought it should be, and they presented completely different ideas that we liked better. They are the experts, which is what you want. They didn’t just run with our idea; they presented additional ideas that were better. They’re good at what they do, and they can show it.

Are there any areas LESS+MORE could improve?

I don’t have anything to suggest.

We got everything when we were supposed to, and the project stayed on course whenever it had to do with them.
    We set a price, and it didn’t go over that. Because we could do it in-house, I have to really believe that their work is much better than what my team can produce for me to even pay a penny for it.
    LESS+MORE executed on our agreement and delivered everything they were supposed to on time.
    I refer LESS+MORE all the time.

Messaging for Medical Device Company

"Their creativity is allowing me to help our message shine in a brighter light."

Nov. 2015 - Jan. 2017

LESS+MORE crafted the presentation of internal company strategy to improve the continuity of company messaging. Presentations were provided twice-annually for organizational meetings.

San Diego, California
Vice President of Sales Training and Development, Medical Device Company

Company messaging has become more consistent, with employees absorbing the breadth of the brand. LESS+MORE has been flexible and open to changes, and they collaborated often. The team is reliable and consistently delivers.

I’m the VP of sales training and development. We’re in the medical device space, focusing on spinal implants. We sell to orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons. I manage our immediate sales training team, a field team, a US commercial-focused events team, and some instruction designers. Our engagement with LESS+MORE came via my responsibility in running our mid-year sales meetings and our global, annual kickoff meeting.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

Our organization has grown rapidly since I joined the company. We need to continually increase the sophistication around our delivery of corporate messaging. While we’re able to manage the specific messaging on our own, we needed to engage a firm to help us craft some of the key themes and enhance the look and feel of the meetings and the accompanying presentation materials.

We’re internally crafting and architecting the messaging associated with the topics we need to present. LESS+MORE has helped me take those materials and put them in a more elegant and sophisticated format from a presentation standpoint. They help to craft and create the continuity of our organizational meetings throughout the course of the week, for an audience of 1,100 people, to ensure it’s seamless and well received. From an organizational standpoint, they helped craft the look and feel around the messaging we were looking to drive, the key meeting theme, and things of that nature. They put together some options from which we selected what we liked.

Before the global meeting, we have a leadership meeting earlier in the week. Our executive committee, visiting presenters, and guests message out to our leadership teams the goals, objectives, and the vision of the organization. LESS+MORE helped shape and frame the sophistication behind the presentations with that as well.

For me, the deliverables were primarily the presentations. For my partners, it was similar materials. They also helped scope and provide some of the graphic design work for signage and things of that nature.

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

I received a referral from a colleague. I wasn’t part of the initial search, but I’ve enjoyed working with them from the onset.

How much have you invested with LESS+MORE?

My department has invested about $50,000, but I don’t have information about other projects they did for the company.

Our collaboration began in November of 2015, and the most recent project ended in January of 2017.

It’s incredibly easy to work with them. I like their personalities and the way they communicate. They’re fairly responsive. It’s just been easy as it relates to having a partner who takes my vision of what needs to be out there. Their creativity is allowing me to help our message shine in a brighter light.

I don’t have numbers to share, but there’s been a dramatic improvement in the continuity of our messaging, how the attendees are absorbing that, and the look and feel behind it. The feedback from our executives has been positive. I think LESS+MORE has played a strong role in that.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

The relationship I’ve had with their team has been great. Anytime I ask for changes, they’re very open to my input. It’s been a positive and collaborative relationship. I’m a highly organized person who has a very specific timeline of things, and working with them was super easy.

They performed great in terms of deadlines. I like a higher degree of communication, and they were open to that. I have nothing but good things to say about the relationship and what they’ve done from a customer service standpoint.

We used WebEx to talk to each other and share screens, and Box.com for back-and-forth communication. I’d upload the new stuff, we’d talk through it online, and they’d make notes and updates before sending it back. I’d look at it, we’d talk about it, and then continue that process. There was generally a back-and-forth process three or four times to get us to the final result.

What did you find most impressive about LESS+MORE?

It’s just easy to work with them. When company meetings are being prepared, it’s so hectic. There are so many things swirling constantly and problems arising. I knew I could rely on them to get things done when I needed them done.

Are there any areas LESS+MORE could improve?

I can’t think of anything. I’ve been very pleased with what they offer.

Overall Score I’ve enjoyed the experience of working with them.
    They’re on the pricier side, but they deliver a good product.

Branding and Creative for Scientific Software Company

"LESS+MORE delivers fabulous quality in their work."

May 2016 - Ongoing

LESS+MORE is finalizing a range of creative services for an image and awareness campaign, preparing to launch new products in the market. Services include copywriting, video scripting, and digital graphics.

10,001 + Employees

Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Marketing Manager,

LESS+MORE’s work has been well received and the intended messaging for the product is paramount in final deliverables. The team communicates several times per week and is always prepared for their regular meetings. Furthermore, the design is beautiful and caters to the message of the product.

We’re a large scientific instrumentation and software company. Our company has a strong footprint in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, clinical and genomics laboratories, and clinical and direct discovery companies. On the industrial side, we are involved with major brand names in food and beverage, oil and gas, and consumer products.

I’m part of the laboratory software division, and we create software that runs laboratories and connects to enterprise systems. We handle all the efficiencies and data integrity that is required of laboratories.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

We were developing a new campaign with the goal of branding a new series of products from the software business. We needed to package the products we had and deliver new positioning to the market.

LESS+MORE provided us with everything involved in an image and awareness campaign, including graphics, copywriting, brochures, video scripting, and digital graphics generation. We knew what we wanted to communicate, and we delivered those messages to LESS+MORE. Based on the personality we wanted our products to convey, they came back to us with several designs. We chose one of them as the winning design.

We worked primarily with two or three team members at LESS+MORE, but there may have been others working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

Our divisional marketing and communications manager based on the West Coast had prior dealings with LESS+MORE, and he recommended them to us. We didn’t consider other companies at the time.

How much have you invested with LESS+MORE?

This information is confidential.

The project began in the spring of 2016, and we’re currently fully engaged with finalizing the campaign. The graphics are being refined, videos are being created, and collateral is being finalized.

LESS+MORE delivers fabulous quality in their work, and their timing is great. Our interactions with them have been very professional. We don’t have results yet, but it’s been a great working relationship.

The work they’ve completed has been extremely well received on our side. All the messaging for our new product is represented in their work.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed fabulously. Everything was on time. We communicated several times a week, if not daily, using WebEx. We also had regular meetings, and they were always prepared–sometimes even overprepared. Their approach was extremely collaborative. I have nothing negative to say. It was just perfect.

What did you find most impressive about LESS+MORE?

They’re a great agency and they have a very beautiful design style. They listened to what we wanted and conveyed that graphically in a very beautiful way.

Are there any areas LESS+MORE could improve?

Overall Score It’s been a very, very good working relationship.
    They have not missed a deadline. They’ve been very prepared.
    They’re a great value.
    Their work has been absolutely perfect all the time.
    I would work with them again, and I would recommend them to anyone else.

Branding for Youth Research Firm

"LESS+MORE has a commitment to quality work, which was our number one priority."

Apr. 2016 - Oct. 2016

LESS+MORE helped define a brand story and positioning statement in light of changing company structures. Their work included brand positioning, branding guidelines, business cards brochures, and presentations.

New York City, New York
Senior Vice President, Research Firm

LESS+MORE’s work is high quality and elicits praise within the industry. The positioning statement successfully expresses a differentiating value for the brand among its competition. The team was hands-on and always available, and their work exceeded the hours they originally committed to the work.

We are a research consulting firm, and we work with clients to help them see tomorrow. We’re the leading youth insights and trends company, dedicated to working with Fortune 500 companies through trend forecasting research, strategy, and consulting services. We help our clients innovate and unlock business opportunities with millennials and Gen Zs.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

We have been in the market for 20 years and have gone through different company structures and ownerships. There was a need for us to clearly communicate to our clients and the industry what we do, so we approached LESS+MORE for branding work. Beyond just logo design, we needed a story and positioning statement to clarify what we do for companies and brands.

LESS+MORE provided different positioning concepts. They also did comprehensive branding work, including logo design, business cards, and the image we present at events. LESS+MORE presented two concepts for positioning and branding.

Less+More provided branding guidelines, business cards, brochures, and presentations that related back to the brand message.

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

Our brand strategy director had a recommendation from one of her contacts. I believe other companies were considered, but I wasn’t involved in that process.

How much have you invested with LESS+MORE?

I can’t disclose the amount, but LESS+MORE's work was definitely worth every penny and more. I would rate LESS+MORE mid-range in regards to what other branding agencies charge. It’s a fantastic value for the work developed.

We started working with LESS+MORE in April 2016, and the project was completed in October.

We’ve had many companies ask who did our work because it was done so well. LESS+MORE has a nimble team, and their work is solid.

Our biggest win is the positioning statement. One of the concepts LESS+MORE presented was very future-forward, not only covering what the company is but also the key differentiator between our competitors and us. That was brilliant. LESS+MORE's biggest contribution was the conceptual work, which is very hard to get.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

LESS+MORE was very hands-on, and the project manager was always available. LESS+MORE always delivered on time. LESS+MORE worked beyond the first statement of work we signed with them, and we signed another one when we realized we needed to expand the project. The work LESS+MORE did exceeded the hours they committed to the project.

We communicated at least twice a week, and my team used Google Docs in the process. Once we were aligned in the direction we were taking, everyone was onboard with what needed to be done from a design standpoint, to match the concept they had presented. When we felt that we didn’t have all the design components we wanted, LESS+MORE was willing to work with someone else to make that happen.

What did you find most impressive about LESS+MORE?

LESS+MORE has a commitment to quality work, which was our number one priority. They’re also very kind people. LESS+MORE sent me a personal note afterward, thanking me for pushing them to achieve better results. Everyone is proud of the work.

Are there any areas Less+More could improve?

We might have been able to decide on a direction earlier in the project if more options had been initially presented.

Overall Score I’m very happy with the outcome that LESS+MORE's team provided.
    LESS+MORE's team was very responsive and available when I had feedback.
    LESS+MORE's prices are good, and their work provides good value.
    LESS+MORE's quality is really good. We really nailed the design and positioning. It’s exceeding everyone’s expectations.
    I’ve already referred LESS+MORE to another company.

Branding and Creative Services for Hospitality Group

"People love LESS+MORE’s work. They think it’s brilliant."

June 2015 - Ongoing

LESS+MORE has provided extensive creative and branding services for a hotel and two restaurants. Their work has included website design and development, naming, branding, and imaging standards.

Irvine, California
Nate Tanner
Vice President of Food and Beverage, Pacific Hospitality Group

LESS+MORE delivered three high-quality, popular brands. Each project was received well externally and internally, and customers at the restaurants appreciate the logos. The team adapts their processes and communication to the needs of the project, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.

I’m the VP of food and beverage for Pacific Hospitality Group out of Irvine, California. I oversee all aspects of food and beverage and all retail for our company.

What challenge were you trying to address with LESS+MORE?

I believe there’s always a need for an incredibly creative voice in whatever brand you’re bringing to market. Unless that creative voice also has a purpose to it, your business will not resonate with others. For us, there was a need to add creative, strategic, and brand-oriented messages to the operational things we already knew we wanted to do. We needed an agency that had relevance and experience in brand culture. LESS+MORE was the branding agency that did it for us.

There were three challenges that they tackled for us. One was the branding for a signature restaurant at Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara; the second was the branding of a signature restaurant at a brand-new hotel and resort called Paséa in Huntington Beach; the third was an update or refresh to the hotel branding for Paséa Hotel and Spa.

The first project was what became Angel Oak at Bacara. As soon as I started working with them on the Angel Oak project, I knew that they were the right agency to use for the restaurant at Paséa. As soon as I got them engaged with Paséa, the hotel team said “We need some help with articulating our message of what the hotel is. Could LESS+MORE help?” It was immediately evident that LESS+MORE carried the strength and the bandwidth to handle all of our needs from a creative side.

I’m not sure there’s anything they haven’t done. They’ve worked on name ideation, name creation, logo development, full style guides, website development, website design, collateral design, collateral development, uniform and imaging standards, retail opportunities, media opportunities, and coordinating photography of the spaces that are aligned to the brand.

They create brand opportunities via multiple outlets for us. They manage our website for us, which has allowed us to market. For the website, in particular, they did the design, development, copy, and facilitated the photography.

How did you come to work with LESS+MORE?

We had a connection with other local restaurants with great branding. I asked the CEO of that company, and he told me that his agency was LESS+MORE. I went to their profile and saw that they were a small, unique, personalized agency. I had a meeting with them, and we just hit it off. I saw and recognized their work, recognized some of the street presence that they had done, and then brought them in.

We started working with them in June 2015, and the work is ongoing. We’re wrapping up with photography on one project right now, but there’s nothing currently in the pipeline for them because I don’t have a need. We’ll bring a project to the forefront in another three to four months, and they are the only agency I’ll use when it comes up.

They were able to tackle all three projects in a thoughtful, creative, and collaborative way.

We knew that the brand for our restaurant was going to be for a signature steak and seafood concept. I had gone through the naming exercise previously and had a name that was picked out, but they were able to vet out that name and then present three other names to a panel of experts we had on this. From our initial discussion about that restaurant, we began the design aesthetic of the space. We knew the name of the restaurant, the branding materials, and many of the identifiers of the space. We designed with that intent in mind. When we launched Angel Oak, everything was seamless—from the logo and the menu to the uniform and the plateware. Although LESS+MORE did not have a say on the plateware, we knew what the overall brand impression needed to be. When we came to selecting plates, we had very specific guiding principles and words that allowed us to do so.

The concept launched very successfully, and the restaurant design and development just gave us one of the top awards for the year—best restaurant design for form, function, and innovation. Being recognized in that way was really great. We would not have been able to accomplish that without having such a harmonious relationship between the brand, the design, and the operations.

People love LESS+MORE’s work. They think it’s brilliant. Even the stickers that we have at one restaurant don’t last because people take them like crazy. We can’t keep our hats on the shelves because people love the logo so much. We’ve gotten nothing but the most positive feedback, not just about hats and stickers, but about the logos.

We’ve gotten great external feedback, but we’ve also gotten great internal feedback. None of this happens in a vacuum. There might be a great brand, but there’s still a board of directors that has to approve it. The way that LESS+MORE presents is very simple and articulate. They give options, and they’re very thoughtful about it.

How did LESS+MORE perform from a project management standpoint?

I have no complaints whatsoever. We would communicate with them sometimes daily, weekly, or every other week, depending on where we’re at in the project.

One of the many things that I like about them is that they don’t have this formula that you have to fit into. There are times when we do a full day immersion and get things done, and then have a call Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to make sure we’re on track. Then we break for two weeks, and then we’ll come back and present.

There was always very open communication. They not only hit every deadline but usually hit the deadline with multiple options. We met in person and looked at the printed work so that way we had the coloring right and had everything perfect, and could sign off on it then and there.

What did you most impressive about LESS+MORE?

They’re our agency of choice for creative work for food and beverage because they understand the industry and clients. They are able to help me articulate my vision of what I want to accomplish in such a way that I know I can’t do on my own. They are able to take what my vision is and interpret into a very cohesive brand.

Are there any areas LESS+MORE could improve?

No. I’ve never been this happy with a branding agency or a creative agency. LESS+MORE are creatives at heart, and that’s what I respect about them.

Overall Score There’s a lot of vendors out there, and I don’t look at LESS+MORE as a vendor, but as a true business partner for us. That’s hard to find.
    They were flexible, respectful of our time, and very thorough.
    We actually pay for the principals of the company to do creative work for us, which is what everyone hopes they’re getting when they’re hiring an agency.
    Their deliverables were on time and in the manner in which we needed them for our internal design team to be able to replicate what they did.
    Without hesitation, and I have referred them to multiple people. They’re phenomenal.